Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,471 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6243) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11751253 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6240) (6241) (6242) (6243) (6244) (6245) (6246) ... (16182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:04pm On Jun 21, 2019
Mickael2:

No matter how good your tactics are, if you don't have technical players to implement the tactics you are gone.

How many technical players Chelsea take win UEFA champions League?

How many technical player dey Atletico Madrid get?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 12:06pm On Jun 21, 2019
forgiveness:

It doesn't change the fact that dribbling is the main technique. Others can be learnt.

The reason Ronaldinho remains the most technical player in the world in this modern era.

When you talk about technical players why would you put Ronaldinho ahead of Pirlo? Not to talk of Xavi and Iniesta? Dude, I am going to drop this but just know that saying Ronaldinho is more technical than even Busquets means you do not understand the term at all.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 12:07pm On Jun 21, 2019
forgiveness:

How many technical players Chelsea take win UEFA champions League?

How many technical player dey Atletico Madrid get?

Let's just say you don't know the meaning of a technical player.

Saul, Koke, Rodri are highly technical players, let us just say you don't watch La Liga games

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:09pm On Jun 21, 2019
Mickael2:

I am certain you read where I said even the ones that can dribble will rather just pass the ball around.

Anybody who, in this modern world, believes dribbling is the most important thing in football is lost. How many midfielders in Liverpool's team can dribble? None. How many for Barca? None. Football is now concerned with what you can do with the ball, how you manipulate the ball, I really don't know what else to tell you but if you believe that dribbling means technicality then goodluck

You mean Salah, Mane, Keita, Messi, Suarez, Coutinho etc no sabi dribble!? shocked shocked shocked grin

Tell me you are joking.

Dribbling is the main technique in football. This is a know fact all over the world. Nothing like goodluck.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 12:15pm On Jun 21, 2019
finally... body don calm . my heart almost reach my mouth yesterday. With what we have passed through since days ago, I don't expect any disaster class performance from the girls tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:15pm On Jun 21, 2019
Mickael2:

When you talk about technical players why would you put Ronaldinho ahead of Pirlo? Not to talk of Xavi and Iniesta? Dude, I am going to drop this but just know that saying Ronaldinho is more technical than even Busquets means you do not understand the term at all.

Ronaldinho is more technical than all those players your listed. From dribbling technique, to shooting technique, to passing technique etc overall aggregate, Ronaldinho is far technical.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jun 21, 2019
AIG07:
The Germans do not need to be at their best to wreck havoc on African sides.

1.They are more technical than an average African side
2..They are taller. So expect them to keep whipping crosses into the box through out the 90mins of action
3.They are more dangerous on the set pieces. If they can't break you from open play, they will take advantage of Corners and free kicks.

Finally, not forgetting, they just whooped the ass of SA.

The battery of my calculator is dead and it's not a solar one. For this next game, I am going to be like someone whose name has dark in it. Not expecting the falcons to survive the germans. Plus two defenders are out and a main midfielder. For me, making the second round is my own world cup title especially in the way and manner we did.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:18pm On Jun 21, 2019
Mickael2:

Let's just say you don't know the meaning of a technical player.

Saul, Koke, Rodri are highly technical players, let us just say you don't watch La Liga games

We can only rate technical players based on world standard and not according to your own personal opinion.

So far, I gave you a verifiable source but you have shown nothing.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 12:20pm On Jun 21, 2019
forgiveness:

Ronaldinho is more technical than all those players your listed. From dribbling technique, to shooting technique, to passing technique etc overall aggregate, Ronaldinho is far technical.

Let's vote sha.

Abeg Earthquake3 andrew444 Chriskels safarigirl humility icon4s basco theGoodJoe Dann(can't remember the full name now sha, the Liverpool guy), and everyone else viewing this thread:

Who is more technical between Ronaldinho and Xavi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 12:23pm On Jun 21, 2019
Mickael2:

Let's vote sha.

Abeg Earthquake3 andrew444 Chriskels safarigirl humility icon4s basco theGoodJoe Dann(can't remember the full name now sha, the Liverpool guy), and everyone else viewing this thread:

Like for Ronaldinho.

Share for Xavi.

13 Likes 9 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 12:28pm On Jun 21, 2019
Taliban:

The battery of my calculator is dead and it's not a solar one. For this next game, I am going to be like someone whose name has dark in it. Not expecting the falcons to survive the germans. Plus two defenders are out and a main midfielder. For me, making the second round is my own world cup title especially in the way and manner we did.
how is it 2 defenders. Only Ngozi is unavailable
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:30pm On Jun 21, 2019
Mickael2:

Let's vote sha.

Hehehe! grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 12:32pm On Jun 21, 2019
peterd53:

Dz list is incomplete without this lady Ajara Nchout

She's there, I misspelled her name
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 12:33pm On Jun 21, 2019
Mickael2:

Let's vote sha.

Haba! In terms of technical abilities Ronaldinho is ahead of Xavi na. But you can say Xavi has more tactical sense.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 12:34pm On Jun 21, 2019
Mickael2:

Let's vote sha.

Xavi is all technicality, Ronaldinho is instinct

Xavi can write a textbook on how football is played, Ronaldinho cannot

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 12:51pm On Jun 21, 2019
Icon4s:
The 2019 AFCON is finally upon us.

Though over-shadowed by the on-going WWC. The Next 3 weeks promises to be a carnival of African football.

WWC target achieved, just going to see how we cope against Germany, that's all.

Super Saturday for us: Germany vs Nigeria (4pm) Nigeria vs Burundi (6pm)

Abeg wey that my remote control. AFCON Mood activated. I must not miss any game.

No be small calculus oo.

Now that we've differentiated everything differentiatable, we can now get our complementary function and particular integral. grin.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 1:08pm On Jun 21, 2019
zuchyblink:
No news? No pix from camp? Rohr decided to keep us in dark
prematch conference today 2/2:30
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:12pm On Jun 21, 2019
Mickael2:

Let's vote sha.

Bros na Xavi o

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mank1234(m): 1:14pm On Jun 21, 2019
Argentina at the mercy of Columbia. If Columbia decide to loose to Paraguay, Argentina will be out irrespective of their result against Qatar.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:21pm On Jun 21, 2019
Mickael2:

Let's vote sha.

I think is best to expantiate the terms and easily define what we are trying to point out.

I class them as technical and tactical players. All players have these in grades. Some are more technical than the other. While some are more tactical.

Technique is individual ability on the ball, while tactics has to do with more of understanding of the game in what I term a coach's angle.

Ronaldinho reings King on the technical aspect, while Xavi reigns King on the tactical aspect. I see Xavi as the next Guardiola.

So to answer the question, Ronaldinho is more technical.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 1:25pm On Jun 21, 2019
jihday:
prematch conference today 2/2:30
Started already

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:26pm On Jun 21, 2019
mank1234:
Argentina at the mercy of Columbia. If Columbia decide to loose to Paraguay, Argentina will be out irrespective of their result against Qatar.

Hmm

I am sure you don't know that there is best looser in copa America ?

If Argentina wins Qatar they will qualify as best looser
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jun 21, 2019
mostob:

There's a Michaels girl who is injured and out of the tournament I think and also Ngozi.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 1:33pm On Jun 21, 2019
jihday:
Started already
Rhor confirmed 5 players will miss tomorrow's game due to the sickness, not sure he mentioned their names tho
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:34pm On Jun 21, 2019
Mickael2:

I am certain you read where I said even the ones that can dribble will rather just pass the ball around.

Anybody who, in this modern world, believes dribbling is the most important thing in football is lost. How many midfielders in Liverpool's team can dribble? None. How many for Barca? None. Football is now concerned with what you can do with the ball, how you manipulate the ball, I really don't know what else to tell you but if you believe that dribbling means technicality then goodluck

I think it is just a misconception. Technique is what we refer as skills while tactical play relies more in a broaden understanding of the team play.

It is a fact that tactical players are taking over but I think it has been a norm but underrated. From Oliseh, Effenberg, Ballack, Pirlo, Scholes, Xabi Alonso, Lampard, Gerard, Roy Keane, Cambiasso, Vieira and a host of others were equally as important as the technical guys like Recoba, Overmars, Ronald De Boer, Okocha etc.

However, in the modern game, there is more emphasis on tactical play and the need for more tactical coherency. For instance, we see Zinchenko who is more tactical than technical playing as a full back. Thus, increasing the need for tactical precision.

City still relies on technical forwards like Aguero, Gabby Jesus, Sterling, Sane and Mahrez to break down defences. But, they are trained to be more tactical than technical to promote unison in tactical displays of the players to improve the team's tactical performance.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:34pm On Jun 21, 2019
mostob:

Two defenders are out.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 1:34pm On Jun 21, 2019
mostob:
One has a freak injury
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 1:38pm On Jun 21, 2019
junnyjake:

No be small calculus oo.

Now that we've differentiated everything differentiatable, we can now get our complementary function and particular integral. grin.

No be me you wan take back to mathematics class grin

My complementary Function and Particular integrals now na how to count money grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 1:50pm On Jun 21, 2019
goodjoe you should be issuing invoice for this free tutorial grin you've said it all. xavi though technically capable relied more on his tactical acumen which is a harder aspect of the game to master. players can be born with all the technical ability in the world but if they lack that tactical intelligence they will never reach the very top. okocha great technically but below average tactically. mikel above average technically very good tactically

TheGoodJoe:

I think is just a misconception. Technique is what we refer as skills while tactical play relies more in a broaden understanding of the team play.

It is a fact that tactical players are taking over but I think it has been a norm but underrated. From Oliseh, Effenberg, Ballack, Pirlo, Scholes, Xabi Alonso, Lampard, Gerard, Roy Keane, Cambiasso, Vieira and a host of others were equally as important as the technical guys like Recoba, Overmars, Ronald De Boer, Okocha etc.

However, in the modern game, there is more emphasis on tactical play and the need for more tactical coherency. For instance, we see Zinchenko who is more tactical than technical playing as a full back. Thus, increasing the need for tactical precision.

City still relies on technical forwards like Aguero, Gabby Jesus, Sterling, Sane and Mahrez to break down defences. But, they are trained to be more tactical than technical to promote unison in tactical displays of the players to improve the team's tactical performance.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:50pm On Jun 21, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

I think is just a misconception. Technique is what we refer as skills while tactical play relies more in a broaden understanding of the team play.

You sabi shumthing. grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 1:51pm On Jun 21, 2019
Taliban:

You're a pessimist

grin cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 1:52pm On Jun 21, 2019
forgiveness is right on this one

Mickael2:

Let's vote sha.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6240) (6241) (6242) (6243) (6244) (6245) (6246) ... (16182) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: KpagoGIN(m), CornOak(m), TheSuperNerd(m), Truidstarr, Bbdot(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.