Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,365 members, 7,829,932 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6276) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11753301 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6273) (6274) (6275) (6276) (6277) (6278) (6279) ... (16182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 8:37pm On Jun 22, 2019
Joebie:
why you dey complain? we are lucky to be seeing this match today after all our calculator buttons don press go inside.

Lol. Savage..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 8:37pm On Jun 22, 2019
Joebie:
He just needed to hit target at least. It's not like that was a very clear chance. He had an excellent game, but that miss.

If it was Ighalo, would you have been this forgiving?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jun 22, 2019
Anyone watching the Guinea game? Naby Keita won’t be starting.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:38pm On Jun 22, 2019
That's the dividends of playing in a top league. Also look at omeruo and ekong, both were solid and unfazed.
tbaba1234:
See the improvement in Ola Aina.. This is why our players should move to better leagues.

Great finish by Ighalo.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:38pm On Jun 22, 2019
KevinDein:

Awaziem doesn't offer much in attack though.

Okay but does shehu offers much in attack ?

Thou awaziem was decent in defending

Not that shehu was bad before he was injured o

This is just my opinion and what I think
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 8:38pm On Jun 22, 2019
tbaba1234:
See the improvement in Ola Aina.. This is why our players should move to better leagues.

Great finish by Ighalo.

Very great improvement i tell you.....there was a match in Turin he assisted a goal with a back heel too..And more importantly...he can play left or right back...left wing back or right wing back...he is here for a long haul bar injury or a better players....

Omeruo...improved
Ola.........improved

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:39pm On Jun 22, 2019
AIG07:
Joined @ the stoppage time. Was told the 2goals came from set pieces and the other one was a mistake.

I didn't see the third goal but there was nothing special about the Germans.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Jarus(m): 8:39pm On Jun 22, 2019
oloriooko:
A highly disappointing display by the SE
If Rohr has a plan to get to the finals then he has started on the wrong footing
Our MF is in shambles defence is porous and the goalie is erratic
Like I said b4 the start of the AFCON Nigeria do not look like a finalist

That was how we started SA 2013.

Played draw with Burkina Faso and Zambia and it took 2 penalties to win Ethiopia in the final game.

We went on to win the competition.

This team has some similarities with 2013 team - a lot of hungry young players who are Nations' Cup first timers like the 2013 set. I think this team also has a deeper bench than 2013 team.

If we don't meet a team like Senegal before semis, I think the team will go far.

11 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 8:41pm On Jun 22, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Onuachu is good but was starved of balls from the flank and the midfield of which the link from the midfiels to attack which is mikel was the biggest culprit.

Onuach is a big threat to any defense and will be a handful if he is adequestly fed of the ball.

Onuachu won a low percentage of his aerial duels despite being the tallest player on the pitch

He was really disappointing today

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 8:42pm On Jun 22, 2019
I think we'll still need Samuel Kalu as the tournament progresses

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 8:42pm On Jun 22, 2019
If we meet teams that play OPEN FOOTBALL..we will win this cup....Burundi just refused to break down for long.....Uganda is worse...very ultra-defensive

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 8:43pm On Jun 22, 2019
comodo:
Ekong better stand up & be counted.
Sometimes Ekong was so poor you wonder if he plays for Udinese or Bisceglie.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jun 22, 2019
iSlayer:

this one weak me embarassed

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ykalhaji(m): 8:46pm On Jun 22, 2019
oloriooko:
So unfortunate our girls have nothing to offer
Seem our girls have platooned
No ball holder no skillful player no tactical formation
It's over welcome home girls

We have ball holders. The girls just played what the Coach wanted them to do, get the ball and pass to the wing. See what happened when he had to sub in Ajibade ? Ajibade, Ayinde and Okobi started holding balls. Why didn't he bring in Ajibade earlier ? Because he was concentrating on the wings. Typical oyinbo man, he has seen Africans, all he sees are speed and strength, he doesn't trust our creativity so he decided to doom the ladies by first selecting mainly for wing play and making them play against what they are used to.

We need coaches that will sharpen and develop our players best abilities and not switch them to what they think is best, that approach rarely ever works in anything in life.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 8:47pm On Jun 22, 2019
forgiveness:

You mean those two lucky goals? I didn't see any gulf in the match except for some dirty tactics the Germans used to win the game.

Don't forget that 4 of our best players were not in that match and the injury during the match didn't help.
Joined @ the stoppage time. Was told the 2goals came from set pieces and the other one was a mistake. Which buttressed my point
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:47pm On Jun 22, 2019
Even if this team gets knocked out in the 2nd round or quarter finals, I will love the nff to keep faith with Rohr. He has his misgivings but the man have really assembled a crop of players that has the qualities to be make the super eagles great again.

Many will say it's just Burundi but it's been long I noticed the cohension and togetherness in this team compared to our previous teams. Also his boldness to throw in young talents in is signs of bravery.

He has stood his ground on the case of local based players in the league by insisting that the countries best players is based in Europe which is the gospel truth unlike our indigineous coaches who believed they can turn an enyimba midfielder to be better than mikel or ndidi. To be honest Rohr have really impressed me since coming on as the teams coach. The future is very bright

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 8:48pm On Jun 22, 2019
forgiveness:

I didn't see the third goal but there was nothing special about the Germans.
They do not have to be special to defeat Africans
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 8:49pm On Jun 22, 2019
iSlayer:

Yea he's not a good ball player

Balogun used to cover his blushes most of the time
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:50pm On Jun 22, 2019
Someone said ekong was poor? I wonder if you watched the match and have followed ekong since his move to serie A. The player that didn't live up to expectations was mikel, aside him all the players balled wella.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:50pm On Jun 22, 2019
The first games are always difficult for the big teams.

TheGoodJoe:

Thank you.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by klexycole(m): 8:51pm On Jun 22, 2019
Rohr promised to be more offensive going into AFCON and he fulfilled his promise. I'm sure he would ginger his players to be more clinical in front of goal.

By the way, it's amazing that we haven't booked any card. Long may it continue. grin

The win is a consolation to Super Falcons' loss. embarassed

#SoarSuperEagles.

15 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:51pm On Jun 22, 2019
Bros the combo with mikel up front no work. Onuachu though didn't give his best but I see some promise in his game. He will surely come good
Earthquake3:

Onuachu won a low percentage of his aerial duels despite being the tallest player on the pitch

He was really disappointing today
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:52pm On Jun 22, 2019
So another coach cannot continue from where he stopped. Kwantinue.

charlesemeka85:
Even if this team gets knocked out in the 2nd round or quarter finals, I will love the nff to keep faith with Rohr. He has his misgivings but the man have really assembled a crop of players that has the qualities to be make the super eagles great again.

Many will say it's just Burundi but it's been long I noticed the cohension and togetherness in this team compared to our previous teams. Also his boldness to throw in young talents in is signs of bravery.

He has stood his ground on the case of local based players in the league by insisting that the countries best players is based in Europe which is the gospel truth unlike our indigineous coaches who believed they can turn an enyimba midfielder to be better than mikel or ndidi. To be honest Rohr have really impressed me since coming on as the teams coach. The future is very bright

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by denniece1(m): 8:53pm On Jun 22, 2019
We didn't have a bad game.

Chukwueze still has a lot to do with his finishing, he missed a lot of big chances in La Liga last season.

Concerning Ighalo's goal, i initially thought he was off, but he wasn't.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ykalhaji(m): 8:53pm On Jun 22, 2019
Hey guys which of our Super Eagles players will be able to play in next years Olympics ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 8:53pm On Jun 22, 2019
Iwobi is a number 10,Chukwueze is a beast, Omeruo very calm and looks fit, Akpeyi shaking as usual. Good one from the boys

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:54pm On Jun 22, 2019
If I didn't descend on Ighalo after his performance in the WC, why will I do that in this case?
Oya go find my quote grin
Curtisaxel7:

If it was Ighalo, would you have been this forgiving?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:55pm On Jun 22, 2019
Akpeyi still needs a psychologist.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:55pm On Jun 22, 2019
Joebie:
The first games are always difficult for the big teams.

The comments feel like if it was all rosy. If Ighalo did not make that finish and Aina's brilliant pass, that would have been one hell of a game.

We controlled the game because Burundi sat deep, not because we were overly on top of our game. Even Ighalo miscontrolled a pass that was a good chance.

Good we won but we should notice that we were shaky and made lots of faulty passes and unforced errors. There is a lot of room for improvement and we should know a better side will not be so forgiven.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ykalhaji(m): 8:55pm On Jun 22, 2019
charlesemeka85:

This team will win this AFCON, if the keeper can just keep composure. My only fear is the keeper, other than that, the Super Eagles have the best team in the AFCON tournament.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:56pm On Jun 22, 2019
Jarus:

That was how we started SA 2013.

Played draw with Burkina Faso and Zambia and it took 2 penalties to win Ethiopia in the final game.

We went on to win the competition.

This team has some similarities with 2013 team - a lot of hungry young players who are Nations' Cup first timers like the 2013 set. I think this team also has a deeper bench than 2013 team.

If we don't meet a team like Senegal before semis, I think the team will go far.

Victor Moses was the game changer.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:56pm On Jun 22, 2019
charlesemeka85:

For real. Would say the same if it was Keshi?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6273) (6274) (6275) (6276) (6277) (6278) (6279) ... (16182) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Marjoribanks, Giv3n, Napoleon55(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.