Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,481 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6290) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11751308 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6287) (6288) (6289) (6290) (6291) (6292) (6293) ... (16182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 3:54pm On Jun 23, 2019
krattoss:
when the time comes..we will serve u with the link wink

I meant the one we have already played, against Burundi.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 3:56pm On Jun 23, 2019
Kog45:
I remember your opinion then on Fikayo Tomori and you said for now he was not good enough and also Tosin Adarabioyo.

But one thing is certain about this FB they improve with age especially talented ones.

I think Fikayo has come of age cos Fikayo of Hull city was too average.

Thank God u were there, I pointed out his improvement after seeing him dominate against West Brom, for Derby and the dude went berserk saying he wasnt good enough, buh two months later, he started singing his praises so I was shocked.

Mind u this was about Derby's Tomori we argued on, not Hull's, as he is trying so hard to make it seem now
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 3:56pm On Jun 23, 2019
Earthquake3:

Conceeding a pk at the last match before the selections won't do your chances any good
Yes you are right my man but Rohr already made up his mind on Aina not the PK cos the foul was even outside the box.

Rohr preferred Shehu,Ebuehi, Idowu and Echijele,so not a big deal that Aina didn't make it.

But Aina at that time was better than Idowu,Shehu and Echijele but his late paper clearance did not help him cos Rohr was damn ready to feature him against Cameroon as RB and Shehu seized the opportunity.

I'm damn happy now that we have Aina and Ebuehi who are natural full backs.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:58pm On Jun 23, 2019
Football has really improved in East and Southern Africa.

See how Namibia is balling.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 3:58pm On Jun 23, 2019
ChrisKels:

Thank God u were there, I pointed out his improvement after seeing him dominate against West Brom, for Derby and the dude went berserk saying he wasnt good enough, buh two months later, he started singing his praises so I was shocked.

Mind u this was about Derby's Tomori we argued on, not Hull's, as he is trying so hard to make it seem now
Chriskels vs Komekn make i run o cos i no get the energy o.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jun 23, 2019
Joebie:
leave that matter.

the thing keeps me wondering..

Even their almighty Cairo international stadium.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jun 23, 2019
Icon4s:

there are no rookiēs in football these days especially when it comes to international level.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:05pm On Jun 23, 2019
Earthquake3:

Conceeding a pk at the last match before the selections won't do your chances any good

Did Ebuehi concede pk?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 4:06pm On Jun 23, 2019
Icon4s:

Football is about tactical acumen of coaches now not players especially when teams don't have Messi or Ronaldo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 4:06pm On Jun 23, 2019
Kog45:
Yes you are right my man but Rohr already made up his mind on Aina not the PK cos the foul was even outside the box.

Rohr preferred Shehu,Ebuehi, Idowu and Echijele,so not a big deal that Aina didn't make it.

But Aina at that time was better than Idowu,Shehu and Echijele but his late paper clearance did not help him cos Rohr was damn ready to feature him against Cameroon as RB and Shehu seized the opportunity.

I'm damn happy now that we have Aina and Ebuehi who are natural full backs.

Idowu was hot as at that time and Aina has not played a full match for Nigeria
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 4:06pm On Jun 23, 2019
they have a far better maintenance culture. I think that's more important.
krattoss:
the thing keeps me wondering..

Even their almighty Cairo international stadium.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 4:07pm On Jun 23, 2019
forgiveness:

Did Ebuehi concede pk?

You don come with your nonsense argument check the contents of my statement before replying
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:08pm On Jun 23, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

I wonder if he even watched the game. If he did, he would not even ask because those passes from Musa were awful. However I would excuse Musa because he was not playing with his natural foot. He was repeatedly forced to use the outside of his right foot.

You are making it look at if Musa played woefully. That's far from the truth.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:09pm On Jun 23, 2019
Earthquake3:

You don come with your nonsense argument check the contents of my statement before replying

Then don't make senseless statements.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:11pm On Jun 23, 2019
safarigirl:
I saw it....but was that the question?

You asked for 'repeated' instances that Musa gave a bad pass and I answered, don't change the question because you don't like the answer.

There was no Nigerian players that didn't give bad pass yesterday.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Triniti(m): 4:14pm On Jun 23, 2019
Oboy! Namibians dey ball.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:17pm On Jun 23, 2019
forgiveness:

You are making it look at if Musa played woefully. That's far from the truth.

I wonder where you got that from. I already highlighted the impact of his performance. Explained how he stretched the game, made direct runs.

I just said I believe Onyekuru would have added more quality, not that Musa played badly.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:18pm On Jun 23, 2019
forgiveness:

How come Babayaro was never noticed by CAF?

That one is their business.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:20pm On Jun 23, 2019
forgiveness:

You don't seem to understand what you are saying. Musa is far better than Onyekuru in GWG.

Is that not because Musa is giving run of games? Did you watch how brilliant Onyekuru was I think against Seychelles. Would Musa dream of having such ability on the ball?

Without Ebuehi given a chance, would we know how good he was in the green white green?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:21pm On Jun 23, 2019
forgiveness:

Meaning you didn't watch Taiwo at Marseille.

I watched Taiwo in Marseille more than you. I have told you that before.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gustav25: 4:21pm On Jun 23, 2019
krattoss:
Y'all will love this..

Kanu be like

Kanu: skippo (to Mikel)
Mikel: onye otum (to papilo)..

That's the spirit.....blood cool

https://www.facebook.com/745392665592757/posts/1741445229320824/

Get out,we don't love shit
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:23pm On Jun 23, 2019
Kog45:
Football is about tactical acumen of coaches now not players especially when teams don't have Messi or Ronaldo

Coming back to Africa, Eastern and South African federations have done so well in terms of football Development. Yes, in terms of talent they are no where near the West African countries but they have managed to put up pragrams that would help dem optimize their potentials.

I saw a documentary on the Resurgence of Kenyan football this afternoon. And the FA chairman was rolling out a 10yrs road map on how Kenya hopes to make it to the 2026 WC. A program which they started 3 years ago with an U13 program. They are hoping to be at par with Spain and Germany by 2026 grin

Though laughable but I must give them kudos for even putting such a structure in place. But one basic fact he stated was that if they can back up this 2019 AFCON with another appearance in 2021 then are ready to fight for places in Africa.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:25pm On Jun 23, 2019
Triniti:
Oboy! Namibians dey ball.

My brother the thing surprise me o. See how they play with so much confidence. This AFCON go tough o. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jun 23, 2019
gustav25:

Get out,we don't love shit
don't fvck with me dawg..
Else ama call ma goons on u angry

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:28pm On Jun 23, 2019
Mickael2:

The passes weren't awful but just say that the defenders anticipated the passes. It was more of the defender did well, than Musa did not pass well. I do not see the basis behind starting Chuks, if we want to point out errors, there was on instance where Iwobi was right in front of Chuks and he kicked the ball out for a throw trying to locate Aina who was miles away when a simple pass made more sense, there was also a counter where he skinned the first guy then instead of simply squaring for Onuachu he tried a banana pass which the defence was all so glad to cut out. Full of tricks yes, but atrocious decision making, I don't see why he will start ahead of Musa if you ask me, he has his own decision making flaws, but IMHO, he is an upgrade on Chuks. See how Musa's direct running won us a corner as well, I can go on.

Anyways. I don't know why it seems like I watched a different match that wasn't exactly fulfilling. The Burundians created at least 5 3 on 2 situations against our CB, they created well over 4 clear cut chances and if not for a combo of poor passes, poor finishing and a rare GK save, we would have been talking about 3 goals conceded, factually the Burundians bypassed our midfield like it did not even exist, there was a particular 3 on 2 situation where one of the Burundians was unable to give a 2 yard pass to his teammate who would have been one on one. Or should I mention the chance where they skinned Ekong and had a clean run at goal but the guy messed up? Arguably, from an attacking sense this might have been an okayish game, but the midfield and defence were atrocious, that too against Burundi, the worst team in the tournament (statistically). I really am glad that Rohr has come out to acknowledge that the team was poor at least they will work on it. Ndidi and Etebo forget their jobs of shielding the defence multiple times in the game which is why I agree that one of them ought to be axed for Mikel to sit deep entirely, however I would suggest Ndidi is dropped because Etebo is a better shuttle that can move the ball higher up the pitch.

All in all I think the only place we had real issues was with the two DMFs not doing their job, I don't think we would have defeated a better team at all.

You have written well but dropping Ndidi is hard for me to stomach. It will not work.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:29pm On Jun 23, 2019
Icon4s:

Coming back to Africa, Eastern and South African federations have done so well in terms of football Development. Yes, in terms of talent they are no where near West Africa countries but they have managed to put up pragrams that would help dem optimize their potentials.

I saw a documentary of the Resurgence of Kenyan football this afternoon. And the FA chairman was rolling out a 10yrs road map on how Kenya hopes to make it to the 2026 WC. A program which they started 3 years ago with an U13 program. They are hoping to be at par with Spain and Germany by 2026 grin

Though laughable but I must give them kudos for even putting such a structure in place. But one basic fact he stated was that if they can back up this 2019 AFCON with another appearance in 2021 then are ready to fight for places in Africa.

Laughable but bold and it is going to require them tapping into their talent which has been marathon. If they can build a footballing system that will utilise their long distance running ability, they can shock the World. Kudos to them for dreaming big and I wish Amaju and some of our footballing stakeholders can learn from them.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jun 23, 2019
Joebie:
they have a far better maintenance culture. I think that's more important.
yeah sure.

Mainly because their respective clubsides makes use of most of their stadiums.

Even our training camp is of their University training pitch

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:31pm On Jun 23, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

I watched Taiwo in Marseille more than you. I have told you that before.

Okay, you own my TV. grin

Somebody wey no say Taiwo made Ligue 1 team of the season until I told him. Keep deceiving yourself.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 4:33pm On Jun 23, 2019
Morocco never score Namibia

African football hard sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gustav25: 4:37pm On Jun 23, 2019
krattoss:
don't fvck with me dawg..
Else ama call ma goons on u angry
I eat people like you for brunch ...be guided....I will come to Owerri ikenegbu junction backgate and haunt you

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:37pm On Jun 23, 2019
forgiveness:

Okay, you own my TV. grin

Somebody wey no say Taiwo made Ligue 1 team of the season until I told him. Keep deceiving yourself.

You got that from reading Wiki or some blog. You will not watch league matches of Ligue 1 and see them give Taiwo Team of the season
I repeat, I watched Taiwo in Marseille more than you because I watched their games well.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:40pm On Jun 23, 2019
Mickael2:

We are actually saying different things.

They had a good game controlling the flow of the game, yes.

They had a good game moving forward, yes.

But they had a poor game shielding the defence line. I really don't think that the same thing happening five or six times equates to 'sometimes' hence the need to work on it.

One love

I hope the defence improves in our next match.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6287) (6288) (6289) (6290) (6291) (6292) (6293) ... (16182) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Hanibal(m), elyte89 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.