Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:02 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6293) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11619810 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6290) (6291) (6292) (6293) (6294) (6295) (6296) ... (16133) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:30pm On Jun 23, 2019
forgiveness:

Yes! He was part of it but he was not good enough to be noticed by CAF. cheesy grin

Taiwo should have come to Epl and see if a top club would have signed him, let alone noticed by CAF. The recognition is from Ligue 1. Babayaro was battling it with the big boys in the Epl. When Taiwo came to the EPL, he lost. Like piam.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:30pm On Jun 23, 2019
chrisooblog:

You forgot to add that they play Champions League

Thank you.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Prectega(m): 6:30pm On Jun 23, 2019
fabyom:
Where are Senegal's talented players.
Only Mane plays for top team others are as average as everyone!!

They got the highest no of players that ply their trade abroad

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:31pm On Jun 23, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Zola was the bomb. I think Denis Wise was also great. It was a good time for Chelsea, especially beating Real Madrid in the UEFA Super Cup. Good Times and glad a Nigerian was a big part of that team.

Yeah! Zola was incredible for Chelsea and the most influential of all. Wise was also good but I wasn't interested in those players save Celestine. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:34pm On Jun 23, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Taiwo should have come to Epl and see if a top club would have signed him, let alone noticed by CAF. The recognition is from Ligue 1. Babayaro was battling it with the big boys in the Epl. When Taiwo came to the EPL, he lost. Like piam.

When Taye came to EPL he still did better than Celestine. grin

Is CAF best LB of the year from Ligue 1? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:36pm On Jun 23, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

You think Gullit would have signed the first African player to play for Chelsea if he was not class?

Chelsea was average as at the time Celestine was bought.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sportilitica: 6:38pm On Jun 23, 2019
It is either Senegal is good or Tanzania is pretty poor
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:38pm On Jun 23, 2019
forgiveness:

Chelsea was average as at the time Celestine was bought.

And won the FA cup, had Gullit, Di Mateo, Vialli, Denis Wise, Le Saux, and a host of others. Leave that side, they were not average.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 6:42pm On Jun 23, 2019
Tanzania lookin like d weakest side in dis afcon
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jun 23, 2019
PetroDollaxxx:

[s]Ghana is not up to Lagos, in terms of what? Only a fool talks like this. Ghana is not up to Lagos. I was expecting you to state your reasons why you think Ghana is not up to Lagos. That is how wise people talk. Only foolish people make sweeping statements without evidence and without substance.

Of course there is no room for comparison, between Ghana and Nigeria. While Nigeria is a certified sh1thole, Ghana is doing great. No wonder thousands of your long-suffering mudder fuggerz arevtrooping to a Ghana everyday, like Muslims going to Mecca for pilgrimage. angry

Kidnappers have taken over your country. People can’t even travel travel on your highways because they will be kidnapped grin they are kidnapping anything that moves, for a ransom of coke gala grin Is this a serious country. Nigeria is a joke[/s]
I think I have given u more than u crave for.

On this note,I rest my case.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mank1234(m): 6:42pm On Jun 23, 2019
Sportilitica:

Senegal is good. Also they're not allowing the Tanzanians any space. That's how to play minnows else they mess you up.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 6:43pm On Jun 23, 2019
Prectega:

They got the highest no of players that ply their trade abroad
Which league most of them are in the French league and turkey.
How many are in top teams?
Some people are talking as if they are playing in Barca, Madrid, Juventus, PSG, Mancity, Tottenham, Chelsea, Bayern, Athletico, Ajax. Surprisingly they have no players in this team so what the bleep.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:44pm On Jun 23, 2019
Senegal is actually good!
minfelix:
Tanzania lookin like d weakest side in dis afcon
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lexyman(m): 6:46pm On Jun 23, 2019
Sportilitica:

Both team struggle with their passes and but Senegal has some advantages over them ...
I think the Senegalese struggles without Mane ... Mane is like 3 players in 1 to this team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:47pm On Jun 23, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

And won the FA cup, had Gullit, Di Mateo, Vialli, Denis Wise, Le Saux, and a host of others. Leave that side, they were not average.

They were still way below Marseille.

It's like joining Everton of today. He didn't join a big club.

But Taye joined a two time UEFA champions League finalist and UEFA cup runner up.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by KevinDein: 6:49pm On Jun 23, 2019
Joebie:
Of all the big names Senegal has been the most impressive so far.
Probably helped by the fact that Tanzania look like the worst team of the tournament so far. Burundi, Zimbabwe and Namibia were much more organized and tactically better.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by KevinDein: 6:50pm On Jun 23, 2019
Sportilitica:
Little bit of both, but more of the latter.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:51pm On Jun 23, 2019
lexyman:

Both team struggle with their passes and but Senegal has some advantages over them ...
I think the Senegalese struggles without Mane ... Mane is like 3 players in 1 to this team

Senegal struggling in this match? How plz?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:53pm On Jun 23, 2019
KevinDein:

Probably helped by the fact that Tanzania look like the worst team of the tournament so far. Burundi, Zimbabwe and Namibia were much more organized and tactically better.

U think either of those two would play better against Senegal than Tanzania is doing?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by KevinDein: 6:54pm On Jun 23, 2019
ChrisKels:

U think either of those two would play better against Senegal than Tanzania is doing?
Yeah, I think so.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 6:54pm On Jun 23, 2019
ChrisKels:

yes
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lexyman(m): 6:57pm On Jun 23, 2019
Joebie:
Of all the big names Senegal has been the most impressive so far.

Tanzania are struggling , a lot of errors from the back line... these has made the Senegalese looked like the better team ... watch the game again ... they re not better than the top team that have participated in the tourney ...

I am impressed with the Zimbabwean and the beautiful play by the Ugandan ...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:57pm On Jun 23, 2019
Joebie:
Senegal is actually good!

If not for the prodigalities of the strikers, Senegal would av been at least 5 goals ahead. They aint giving Tanzania any chance, their wingers are over stretching the Tanzanian defense, and their midfield led by Badou is extremely rugged and are creating chances after chances.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:58pm On Jun 23, 2019
FACT
ChrisKels:

If not for the prodigalities of the strikers, Senegal would av been at least 5 goals ahead. They aint giving Tanzania any chance, their wingers are over stretching the Tanzanian defense, and their midfield led by Badou is extremely rugged and are creating chances after chances.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 7:00pm On Jun 23, 2019
Sorry guys, I can't watch the match currently.

Please is Sadio Mane featuring for Senegal?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:02pm On Jun 23, 2019
See this one! Which Ghana are you talking about? Accra is not even suppose to be compared to portharcour let alone Lagos. U can only compare Accra to asaba lol.

Ghana is just hype and the pple are not as good as they are portrayed. Laziness and envy have eaten deep into the citizens which tend to make them hostile and aggressive to their fellow Africans especially Nigerians. The sight of a Nigerian is a big intimidation to a typical ghanaian cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
PetroDollaxxx:

Ghana is not up to Lagos, in terms of what? Only a fool talks like this. Ghana is not up to Lagos. I was expecting you to state your reasons why you think Ghana is not up to Lagos. That is how wise people talk. Only foolish people make sweeping statements without evidence and without substance.

Of course there is no room for comparison, between Ghana and Nigeria. While Nigeria is a certified sh1thole, Ghana is doing great. No wonder thousands of your long-suffering mudder fuggerz arevtrooping to a Ghana everyday, like Muslims going to Mecca for pilgrimage. angry

Kidnappers have taken over your country. People can’t even travel travel on your highways because they will be kidnapped grin they are kidnapping anything that moves, for a ransom of coke gala grin Is this a serious country. Nigeria is a joke

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:02pm On Jun 23, 2019
lexyman:

Tanzania are struggling , a lot of errors from the back line... these has made the Senegalese looked like the better team ... watch the game again ... they re not better than the top team that have participated in the tourney ...

I am impressed with the Zimbabwean and the beautiful play by the Ugandan...

Uganda would pack cards against this Senegal side.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:03pm On Jun 23, 2019
I disagree. The Sengalese players are fluid. Their build up has been the best so far. They look like they mean serious business. Their hold up play also on point. Tanzania are still in the league of the weakest teams so far, don't forget their defense was resolute in the first 20 mins or so, but Senegal come with different ideas in attack

lexyman:

I am impressed with the Zimbabwean and the beautiful play by the Ugandan ...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:04pm On Jun 23, 2019
darkelf:
Sorry guys, I can't watch the match currently.

Please is Sadio Mane featuring for Senegal?

No he is serving a one match ban, but, he is not being missed a whit
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nostradamus: 7:06pm On Jun 23, 2019
safarigirl:
USA U16 female Basketball team played against El Salvador's female U16 Basketball team

Look atthe injustice, if these were Africans, somebody would have been talking smack about age.

USA won 114-19
LMFAO!!!this reminds me of Drake's music video 'best I ever had' those Salvador girls seem to have given up before the game start sef.it's pretty hard to defeat USA in basketball sha.i only of few countries that can assuredly defeat the US.not up to eight, Puerto Rico, Lithuania, Australia,angola,maybe the Brazilian team can beat them if they're having a bad day.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 7:11pm On Jun 23, 2019
This Senegal team is quite formidable.
They will be quite difficult to beat by any team in this tournament.
However, they need to be scoring those chances!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jun 23, 2019
forgiveness:

If Babayaro was good enough, he would had been noticed by CAF since he played in a Goliath league. grin

Chelsea was an average club as at the time Celestine Babayaro played there. Marseille was a better and bigger club than Chelsea as at the time Celestine Babayaro played for Chelsea. You can only deceive those who didn't follow Chelsea. grin

Did Celestine Babayaro light fire in EPL? grin

Taye Taiwo still performed better than Celestine Babayaro when he came to EPL. grin

Don't let us forget Babayaro won Ebony Shoe Award in Belgium in 1996 and came 2nd a year earlier - that's the award for the best player of African origin playing in Belgian league. It included other players of African origin who play for Belgium itself, France etc. Other recent winners include Lukaku, Fellaini and Kompany.

He also won Belgian league young footballer of the year twice.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6290) (6291) (6292) (6293) (6294) (6295) (6296) ... (16133) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Meliforme, Christology(m), Truidstarr, AndSunGorilla and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.