Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,280 members, 7,829,625 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6292) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11751955 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6289) (6290) (6291) (6292) (6293) (6294) (6295) ... (16182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jun 23, 2019
Amuneke and Tanzania gotta do it for the culture cool

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:45pm On Jun 23, 2019
forgiveness:

Dey lie say you didn't expect Sterling and Aguero make the list.

If anyone is lying, it is you because there is no place I said I did not know Sterling will make it. I think Sterling was PFA player of the year, so he would definitely make it. I said till now, I do not know if Aguero made it because of the brilliance of Hazard, Sterling, Mane and Salah.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:50pm On Jun 23, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

If anyone is lying, it is you because there is no place I said I did not know Sterling will make it. I think Sterling was PFA player of the year, so he would definitely make it. I said till now, I do not know if Aguero made it because of the brilliance of Hazard, Sterling, Mane and Salah.

At least, you have an idea because you saw them played. How come you didn't have that any idea despite claiming you watched Ligue 1 and Taye? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:50pm On Jun 23, 2019
I'm here with my pop corns waiting to see Amunike's team against the most talented team in this tournament.

Senegal vs Tanzania

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:52pm On Jun 23, 2019
forgiveness:

If Babayaro was good enough, he would had been noticed by CAF since he played in a Goliath league. grin

Chelsea was an average club as at the time Celestine Babayaro played there. Marseille was a better and bigger club than Chelsea as at the time Celestine Babayaro played for Chelsea. You can only deceive those who didn't follow Chelsea. grin

Did Celestine Babayaro light fire in EPL? grin

Taye Taiwo still performed better than Celestine Babayaro when he came to EPL. grin

Chelsea average then? Lol. It shows you lack understanding of football then.

First of all, Chelsea had some of the finest players in the game that period. Off the top of my head I can call Vialli, Gullit, Tore Andre Flo, Hasselbaink, Gianfranco Zola, Some point, George Weah, Graeme Le Saux, Desailly to mention a few.

The won the Cup Winners Cup in that era, the FA Cup and the UEFA Super Cup and the League Cup. At one point they came second in the league. Chelsea was no average Club at that time. They were big and just needed the EPL crown.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:53pm On Jun 23, 2019
Earthquake3:

Balogun will be fit by then

No matter how improved Omeruo was, Balogun is still an upgrade

What defence can be better than yesterday defence ?

The omeruo I saw yesterday no eagles defender was an upgrade to him and I want him to continue
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:53pm On Jun 23, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

But when we look at the likes of Foden, Denayer, Sancho a d recently, Angelino, the education at the academy level played a big part in their development and then apart from Foden who is taking his growth slowly at City, they seeked first team football to showcase their lessons which showed they were good players.

I think Edozie is making the right choice playing with the City U18 first, then he can go and seek for playing time in a quality ball playing team. I hope he does not need to do that and break in early into the City set up.

Manchester City U18 pattern of play is almost the replica of the main team.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:53pm On Jun 23, 2019
forgiveness:

At least, you have an idea because you saw them played. How come you didn't have that any idea despite claiming you watched Ligue 1 and Taye? grin

Taiwo was a good player but knowing if he was in team of the season means Google, not watching. As I said, you knew that by Google, not watching.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:55pm On Jun 23, 2019
forgiveness:

Manchester City U18 pattern of play is almost the replica of the main team.

Yes. I think Edozie will learn a lot and I hope he progresses fast at City. Players from that route have grown in quality. I hope he does.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 5:58pm On Jun 23, 2019
krattoss:
Amuneke and Tanzania gotta do it for the culture cool

For the culture cool

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:59pm On Jun 23, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

First of all, Chelsea had some of the finest players in the game that period. Off the top of my head I can call Vialli, Gullit, Tore Andre Flo, Hasselbaink, Gianfranco Zola, Some point, George Weah, Graeme Le Saux, Desailly to mention a few.

The won the Cup Winners Cup in that era, the FA Cup and the UEFA Super Cup and the League Cup. At one point they came second in the league. Chelsea was no average Club at that time. They were big and just needed the EPL crown.

Chelsea as at that time was average. I followed that team since Babayaro's days.

Where did they finish on the league before Babayaro came?

For you to know I followed Chelsea, Chelsea was the team I saw a coach removed track suit and substituted himself in games. grin

Yes! They won all those in that era but Marseille was still a bigger and better club than Chelsea during that era. Fact.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:02pm On Jun 23, 2019
forgiveness:

They are few people that can tell you this. I watched Oruma coaching Nasri on the field in many games. Oruma was like Nasri's mentor on the field of play. If I did not watch it, I would not know. You see that Marseille, I watched them well. No mixing words. I even followed Oruma when he went to Sochaux.

To explain to you, I followed Nasri, Ben Arfa, Menez and Benzema in French youth football, especially in the toulon tournament they won in that period when they were young teens.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:02pm On Jun 23, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Taiwo was a good player but knowing if he was in team of the season means Google, not watching. As I said, you knew that by Google, not watching.

I knew that the same seasons he won laurels but you got to know last year or two years ago after I told you. You were even shocked he won it. That says alot about everything.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gustav25: 6:03pm On Jun 23, 2019
krattoss:
hahahahaahahaha...holup holup holup grin grin grin grin

You'll probly get shot..

With Awka made ?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 6:03pm On Jun 23, 2019
For the Culture?

Okay. cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:04pm On Jun 23, 2019
forgiveness:

Chelsea as at that time was average. I followed that team since Babayaro's time.

Where did they finish on the league before Babayaro came?

For you to know I followed Chelsea, Chelsea was the team I saw a coach removed track suit and substituted himself in games. grin

Yes! They won all those in that era but Marseille was still a bigger and better club than Chelsea during that era. Fact.

Lol. They were not average. But you tried. grin

The coach who removed his track suit and entered the field was Ruud Gullit. He was player manager. He had a one on one in the match and slipped due to a mud caught in between his studs. After him, Vialli became player manager.

You tried but Chelsea was not average then. Keep in mind Gullit himself was formerly the best player in the World.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:06pm On Jun 23, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Yes. I think Edozie will learn a lot and I hope he progresses fast at City. Players from that route have grown in quality. I hope he does.

Honestly, though I don't know the lad but for Chelsea to go for him then he must be very good.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:07pm On Jun 23, 2019
See Senegal miss oh
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:08pm On Jun 23, 2019
forgiveness:

I knew that the same seasons he won laurels but you got to know last year or two years ago after I told you. You were even shocked he won it. That says alot about everything.

I did not know Taiwo won it. Does not mean I did not watch him or he was better than Babayaro. Babayaro was pure class.

By the way, I think that coach who removed his track suit, Ruud Gullit (I call him "Rude Boy"wink was the one who signed Babayaro to Chelsea and also took Babayaro to Newcastle when he became manager.

1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:09pm On Jun 23, 2019
Senegal and Tanzania no be mate abeg, the gulf in class no be here grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 6:12pm On Jun 23, 2019
England women tearing cameroon women 3-0
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:14pm On Jun 23, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Lol. They were not average. But you tried. grin

The coach who removed his track suit and entered the field was Ruud Gullit. He was player manager. He had a one on one in the match and slipped due to a mud caught in between his studs. After him, Vialli became player manager.

You tried but Chelsea was not average then. Keep in mind Gullit himself was formerly the best player in the World.

Guilty don dey expire before he came to Chelsea though he was not bad but Zola was the main man.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:17pm On Jun 23, 2019
forgiveness:

Guilty don dey expire before he came to Chelsea though he was not bad but Zola was the main man.

Zola was the bomb. I think Denis Wise was also great. It was a good time for Chelsea, especially beating Real Madrid in the UEFA Super Cup. Good Times and glad a Nigerian was a big part of that team.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:20pm On Jun 23, 2019
This Tanzana keeper and Akpeyi, I no know who better pass

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:24pm On Jun 23, 2019
These Tanzania defenders are bold
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:24pm On Jun 23, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

I did not know Taiwo won it. Does not mean I did not watch him or he was better than Babayaro. Babayaro was pure class.

By the way, I think that coach who removed his track suit, Ruud Gullit (I call him "Rude Boy"wink was the one who signed Babayaro to Chelsea and also took Babayaro to Newcastle when he became manager.

Pure class that was not noticed. grin

I don't know who signed him but as soon as I heard he was signed by Chelsea I followed him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 6:26pm On Jun 23, 2019
Where are Senegal's talented players.
Only Mane plays for top team others are as average as everyone!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:27pm On Jun 23, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Zola was the bomb. I think Denis Wise was also great. It was a good time for Chelsea, especially beating Real Madrid in the UEFA Super Cup. Good Times and glad a Nigerian was a big part of that team.

Yes! He was part of it but he was not good enough to be noticed by CAF. cheesy grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:28pm On Jun 23, 2019
forgiveness:

Pure class that was not noticed. grin

I don't know who signed him but as soon as I heard he was signed by Chelsea I followed him.

You think Gullit would have signed the first African player to play for Chelsea if he was not class?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 6:28pm On Jun 23, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

You forgot to add that they play Champions League
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:29pm On Jun 23, 2019
Of all the big names Senegal has been the most impressive so far.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PetroDollaxxx: 6:30pm On Jun 23, 2019
Ghana is not up to Lagos, in terms of what? Only a fool talks like this. Ghana is not up to Lagos. I was expecting you to state your reasons why you think Ghana is not up to Lagos. That is how wise people talk. Only foolish people make sweeping statements without evidence and without substance.

Of course there is no room for comparison, between Ghana and Nigeria. While Nigeria is a certified sh1thole, Ghana is doing great. No wonder thousands of your long-suffering mudder fuggerz arevtrooping to a Ghana everyday, like Muslims going to Mecca for pilgrimage. angry

Kidnappers have taken over your country. People can’t even travel travel on your highways because they will be kidnapped grin they are kidnapping anything that moves, for a ransom of coke gala grin Is this a serious country. Nigeria is a joke
krattoss:
bro calm down.

Ghana is not even up to Lagos State not to talk of Nigeria as a whole.

If u calculate number of people living fine in Nigeria and access steady electricity, it will surpass the whole population of Ghana × 3.

There is no room for comparison between Ghana and Nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6289) (6290) (6291) (6292) (6293) (6294) (6295) ... (16182) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89, dkay51(m), victornoah(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.