Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,561 members, 7,812,818 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:53 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6297) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11617895 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6294) (6295) (6296) (6297) (6298) (6299) (6300) ... (16131) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:00pm On Jun 23, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Well u talk Tru boss. Pple wey no Sabi pronounce boss hahahahahahaha. Ghana man go call u bossu or massa cheesy

Back then, at kickoff.com, we had an unwritten law that States that wars are better fought in ur enemies dormain so that the ruins, damages, casualties would be his responsibilities while we smile home. We took the fights to their sites; ghanasoccernet.com, Ghanaweb.com, kickoff.com South Africa, just to keep our own home neat and sane. We were able to achieve this by ignoring them in our own abode "kickoff.com Nigeria", then going to their sites to hit them real hard.

It was fun then, I was younger and had nothing really special to think about, bar Academics. It became a habit after writing my waec/jamb, was waiting to leave for the university, Lol my mum had to seize my java phone to curb my addiction grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 10:00pm On Jun 23, 2019
darkelf:

You sometimes attack the messenger without comprehending the post

I highlighted the fact that Senegal may have won by 2 goals because Tanzania was weaker. Or did you just ignore that part.

If SE wins with a nice display (like thy did in the last friendly with Argentina), I will commend them and if not, I have the right to criticize just like every other person and attacking me would not stop me from doing so.

i am so sure senegal will struggle to beat burundi
Kenya is not really team with threat
tell us of uganda i will listen not kenya bla bla
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 10:00pm On Jun 23, 2019
Toylove:
So cameroun female team did some dirty stuffs against England today because of VAR....
Super falcons are the real mvp
they've been trending since, everyone have been yabbing them even their own country people, please what exactly did they do
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:00pm On Jun 23, 2019
Humility017:

you said well bro.
it is Oga micheal who took his time to write a full epistle yesterday to pin point the team weakness
i wanted drew his attention.....after every super eagles just watch out for his criticism write ups with vivid points
that will make you begin to doubt if you actually watched the match....

the way he wrote yesterday i would have wrote off ndidi's impact in that game..he made who ever read that epistle believe that our midfield was an easy passage even a varada in a face me i face house....for burundi

Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 10:01pm On Jun 23, 2019
jihday:
I think Kenya have been poor, their backline is so porous
Nigeria will whip that kenya team wella

Burundi defense and play yesterday was top notch
they did well...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:02pm On Jun 23, 2019
klexycole:

Uganda did. They beat Dr Congo 2 nil to top group A right above Egypt. smiley

I forget jare ,no mind me
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:03pm On Jun 23, 2019
Earthquake3:

The transfer market value I always times them by 3 to get the correct value

Seems chukwueze is rated 30 there I will rate him 50 million euros

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:04pm On Jun 23, 2019
fabyom:

That's what I am saying.
They are a formidable team.
It will be difficult for any team in this AFCON to defeat them.
But they are not that talented!

Agreed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 10:04pm On Jun 23, 2019
darkelf:

I agree with you on this

I have not seen Ezenwa shake like a leaf in harmattan the way Akpeyi does
Akpeyi case have gone spiritual
it is not ordinary at all... even the 18 years super falcons goalie don't shake like that

not even that we are playing against the likes of england, spain, france, brazil etc
against burundi..... common burundi dude was shaking like a leaf
common tell me what will happen when we play egypt in a competitive fixture

Dude will convulsed.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:05pm On Jun 23, 2019
jihday:
I think Kenya have been poor, their backline is so porous

Whenever a big team is living up to the billing, to u guys, it automatically means the the other team was poor, Lol una funny. Are Burundi, Zimbabwe, Namibia in any way as good as Kenya?

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 10:06pm On Jun 23, 2019
ChrisKels:

Whenever a big team is living up to the billing, to u guys, it automatically means the the other team was poor, Lol una funny. Are Burundi, Zimbabwe, Namibia in any way as good as Kenya?
yes

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by KevinDein: 10:06pm On Jun 23, 2019
jihday:
they've been trending since, everyone have been yabbing them even their own country people, please what exactly did they do
Threatened to walk out of the pitch following a VAR call. Spent the entire game whinging about every call. One of them spat at an English player. It really was embarrassing.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 10:07pm On Jun 23, 2019
klexycole:

Uganda did. They beat Dr Congo 2 nil to top group A right above Egypt. smiley
Honestly they're one side(apart from the big dogs obviously) that I'm hoping we avoid.
I've noticed we always find it difficult to beat them. Present team might be too physical for us sef.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:13pm On Jun 23, 2019
jihday:

1. They elbowed an English player
2. Spat on another english player
3. Shoved the refree
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:14pm On Jun 23, 2019
krattoss:
Why is it that none of Egyptian stadiums is roofed?
Is that a culture or what?

Could be due to the climate... a lot of stadiums in north Africa aren't roofed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Toylove: 10:16pm On Jun 23, 2019
jihday:
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/womens_football/england-vs-cameroon-result-womens-world-cup-2019-var-goal-protests-a8971411.html
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:18pm On Jun 23, 2019
I think this was the first clean sheet Akpeyi has kept for Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:26pm On Jun 23, 2019
Na pple wey no Sabi the country and the pple dey feel say they re peaceful and accommodating. Very wicked and envious pple that pretends alot cheesy cheesy grin
ChrisKels:

Back then, at kickoff.com, we had an unwritten law that States that wars are better fought in ur enemies dormain so that the ruins, damages, casualties would be his responsibilities while we smile home. We took the fights to their sites; ghanasoccernet.com, Ghanaweb.com, kickoff.com South Africa, just to keep our own home neat and sane. We were able to achieve this by ignoring them in our own abode "kickoff.com Nigeria", then going to their sites to hit them real hard.

It was fun then, I was younger and had nothing really special to think about, bar Academies. It became a habit after writing my waec/jamb, was waiting to leave for the university, Lol my mum had to seize my java phone to curb my addiction grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:29pm On Jun 23, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

But the Champions league you brought was 1992.

Marseille was not a bigger club than Chelsea when Taiwo was there compared to the class of Chelsea when Babayaro was there.

Babayaro's side beat Real Madrid to lift the Super Cup after winning the Cup winners Cup. Taiwo went to finals. Babayaro won and then beat Real Madrid to lift the European Super Cup. Played in a far bigger league. Played with far bigger players and competed against Big sides.

Taiwo was in a mickey mouse league. The gulf in class is too much.

It was Celestine Babayaro that played in a Mickey mouse league as at the time he played there. Facts don't lie. grin

This was UEFA ranking 1996- 1999. The period Celestine Babayaro joined the Micky mouse league. grin

See EPL below top 5. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 10:35pm On Jun 23, 2019
markfemisgay:
The mod in charge of this section is not doing his job.

grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 10:35pm On Jun 23, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

Apart from the one mistake, Akpeyi was stunning. His passing would have made Pep Guardiola proud. He made the mistake but his blushes were saved so I don't see what we will gain from extra condemnation. The other keepers also make mistakes.

I tire ooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:43pm On Jun 23, 2019
Kog45:
Yes you are right but Aina I saw yesterday is better than Collins at LB but at it now with no Ebuehi,a fit Collins should start with Aina as RB.

Hope to see Ebuehi and Aina doing it as RB and LB soon in eagles colour.

I wish Ebuehi all the best but getting back to form after an ACL rebuild injury, is not easy.

He needs a season to get back to full form or at least half a season.

So Ebuehi is out of the picture temporarily.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 10:44pm On Jun 23, 2019
komekn:

I wish Ebuehi all the best but getting back to form after an ACL rebuild injury, is not easy.

He needs a season to get back to full form or at least half a season.

So Ebuehi is out of the picture temporarily.
lorfa?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 10:46pm On Jun 23, 2019
safarigirl:

3. Shoved the refree
dem suppose punch the ref join sef ...nonsense and tijani
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:47pm On Jun 23, 2019
So far in this tourney, Algeria has played the best soccer, of all the so called big boys.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 10:48pm On Jun 23, 2019
ChrisKels:
So far in this tourney, Algeria has played the best soccer, of all the so called big boys.
Senegal?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:55pm On Jun 23, 2019
maidaboi:
Senegal?

I saw both matches, they were all good but Algeria were more purposeful and had more team play, both teams created chances, but Algeria wasn't as profligate as Senegal, hence...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 10:55pm On Jun 23, 2019
ChrisKels:

did you see how the second half turned out boring when Kenya decided to tighten their backline

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:56pm On Jun 23, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Lmao a typical ghanaian don't know what a bank account is, u guys prefer saving your money in mobile money than in a bank and this is the main reason your indigenous banks are closing up on high speed.

Mind u I don't live in your country presently but was there for business purposes. Nigerians living in your country is not because ur shit hole of a nation is better than ours but ddue to personal reasons and preferrance which is not a yardstick judging by the case that other nationals from better nations move to lesser ones for business purposes. They are alot of Chinese, Britons and Americans living and transacting their business but that doesn't mean Africa is better developed than Europe, Asia or America.

You guys are ass lickers and hypocrits who condemned xenophobic attack when the case of South Africa came up but indirectly and silently doing that to your fellow Africans in your country.

All your government do all day is portray Ghana as the best in Africa at the expense of others but you don't know that alot of African Americans are way too intelligent for you guys to feast on.

I have few AA friends that have visited Ghana and mingled with ur pple and they confessed that you guys are the worst pple to deal with and pretends alot, always rubbing your shit on Nigerians and playing the victim always.

You don't go offering citizenship on a platter of gold to a group of persons who doesn't give a shit about you. Nigeria is too big for that. The exposed and intelligent ones know that all your government is targeting is to lure them to help ur over hyped economy.

Since your government claims they want descendands of ex slaves to return to ghana why not throw the offer to the pple of Haiti and other poor carribean nations? #cycopaths #snakes #hungrypple

Bro I've never been to Ghana but I've interacteds with a lot of Ghanaians both in real life and on social media ..trust me those people are hypocrites. big ones...they hate Nigeria to a fault!!

See them littering this thread with their flirt every time..that Gustav idiot...

Meanwhile their president(past and present) visit Abuja every year to solicit for one assistance or the other while their citizens are on social media beefing Nigeria...

They are still.waiting for another AFCON title after almost 4 decades grin ..dem go wait tire... grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 10:57pm On Jun 23, 2019
KevinDein:

Threatened to walk out of the pitch following a VAR call. Spent the entire game whinging about every call. One of them spat at an English player. It really was embarrassing.
wawu, then they deserve all the hate they've been getting
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 10:59pm On Jun 23, 2019
safarigirl:

3. Shoved the refree
FIFA will come down hard on them, FIFA doesn't joke with ref but that's poor sportmanship from Cameroon
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:59pm On Jun 23, 2019
ChrisKels:

Once again, u denying ur own words like u always do. Did I praise him as a RB for Hull or as a CB for Derby? U forgot u opposed it saying Iorfa was more assured? Lol this guy, u will never change. Something that happened in January this year and u are here talking about a season?

Your blinded prejudice has completely dulled your ability to comprehend.

I have you the underpinning history of my comments with regards to Fikayo Tomori. I could have gone way further back to Brighton and Hove.

Let me repeat hopefully you will be able to understand.

Fikayo Tomori at Hull played as a RB he was not impressive and at that time not good enough for the SE. Comparatively Aina was pure class as a RB for Hill, already being hailed as the best RB in the Championship very early on in the 2017 /18 season.

Fikayo Tomori then goes to Derby County and it's his game but in his preferred position as CB. He had been consistently outstanding over the entire season. Not surprisingly he was voted best player at Derby County 2018/19.

Well before those accolades l made it clear this dude has improved and that was early in the season.

In 2017/18 Dominic Iorfa was clearly ahead of Fikayo Tomori however not anymore.

So what's contentious about my comments past and present ❓ Or your negative bias has blinded your ability to comprehend simple facts and figures.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6294) (6295) (6296) (6297) (6298) (6299) (6300) ... (16131) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: TheSuperNerd(m), villagereporter(m), M7even(m), Philosopher1979, Christinu2, Meliforme, talk2docee, Sugarboyy(m), elyte89, mank1234(m), mummyson26(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.