Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,472 members, 7,830,377 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16131) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11755194 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16128) (16129) (16130) (16131) (16132) (16133) (16134) ... (16183) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 6:39pm On Apr 29
Joebie:
No be laugh matter. If Finidi fails NFF will take the hammer. This is not about Amuneke because Amuneke will ge the job someday. Let’s hope we qualify.

Amuneke should try and get a job even if it's on the local scene as Finidi has done. His results will make a more compelling case as it did for Keshi.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:41pm On Apr 29
Return to that troll thread irrelevant trans-nobody. Quoting me to feel relevant is getting really stupid on your part, you dickless, spineless w*nker.

Samueltemi337:
It's just a friendly game big baby

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:44pm On Apr 29
All these nonsense suggestions you all making for Amunike is funny. What job did Emerse Fae get in the local scene to earn his chance as CIV coach??

Amunike winning a world title isn't relevant enough?? Him being part of Fifa technical study groups to top tournaments like the Afcon and the WC isn't good enough?? Him coaching Tanzania isn't relevant enough?

You want him to work in the local scene as if he has not done that already??

It is fine. Leave Amunike alone. Let us all enjoy Finidi. We would all see his tenure together.

AndSunGorilla:

Amuneke should try and get a job even if it's on the local scene as Finidi has done. His results will make a more compelling case as it did for Keshi.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by FatherCHRISTMAS: 6:45pm On Apr 29
Samueltemi337:
It's just a friendly game big baby
must you fight everyone on nairaland
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 6:46pm On Apr 29
TheSuperNerd:
Return to that troll thread irrelevant trans-nobody. Quoting me to feel relevant is getting really stupid on your part, you dickless, spineless w*nker.

Big baby I can see you are still crying

Na me dey make you cry Abi Na as them nor employ Amunike grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by superbloke(m): 6:47pm On Apr 29
So all that drama, process and time wasting just to appoint (cormfirm really) the interim coach. We too like zee world things for this country.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:47pm On Apr 29
Certain People on twitter who didn't even want Amunike also admitted that they prefer Amunike leading and Finidi assisting.

There is a reason this Finidi pick doesn't sound right. But it is well. Let us hope it works out. I don't feel good about it but let us hope it works out.

elyte89:

Michel nsien is appropriate for d role or me sha 😀😀

Amunike assisting finidi doesn’t go down well to my ears 👂

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 6:48pm On Apr 29
jihday:
UPDATE:

According to my source, the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) have shortlisted three names as a potential assistant(s) to Finidi George;

* Emmanuel Amunike.

* Daniel Amokachi.

* Michael Nsien.

As seen on Twitter
Out of the three, Nsien should be appointed. The other three will just dabaru everything

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:48pm On Apr 29
I agree with that. And I believe he will get the job someday proving he merits it.
AndSunGorilla:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:48pm On Apr 29
Samueltemi337:
Big baby I can see you are still crying

Na me dey make you cry Abi Na as them nor employ Amunike grin

Mtcheeewwww... don't have time for dickless fools.

Go search the Internet for your usual "copy and paste" posts. Olodo.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:49pm On Apr 29
That was implied. But good highlighting it.
TheSuperNerd:
Finidi and the NFF will both get the hammer. Not just the NFF. None will be spared if we fail so we better not fail.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 6:50pm On Apr 29
TheSuperNerd:

Mtcheeewwww... don't have time for dickless fools.
Go search the Internet for your usual "copy and paste" posts. Olodo.
grin

Keep crying

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:50pm On Apr 29
Well the Sports ministry may have a bigger say then. But like some have said, Amuneke should get active because I believe he will still get the job someday.

viccy12:

Honestly, I wanted Amunike and if Finidi fails they will return to these mediocre foreign coach and Amunike will not be considered.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 6:51pm On Apr 29
I'm actually concerned whether Finidi can hold that dressing room. Let's forget the jersey dragging with Simon, what he did in the last friendly matches left a big question mark.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 6:51pm On Apr 29
Joebie:
I agree with that. And I believe he will get the job someday proving he merits it.
Thank you jare. In any profession, recency of experience is always a positive. At the end of the day, hoping our SE does well.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:53pm On Apr 29
Be honest, how do you feel about this appointment? We have seen him in the two friendlies but how do you feel about this?

Joebie:
That was implied. But good highlighting it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:55pm On Apr 29
Valid concerns.

@bolded.... now that you mention this. Sorry, can't be forgotten. Lol

mostob:
I'm actually concerned whether Finidi can hold that dressing room. Let's forget the jersey dragging with Simon what he did in the last friendly matches left a big question mark.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:56pm On Apr 29
Amuneke should not assist. He got the hammer when Eguavoen failed to qualify us. Amuneke should start on a clean slate as the main man. I would go for Nsien to assist Finidi.

jihday:
UPDATE:

According to my source, the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) have shortlisted three names as a potential assistant(s) to Finidi George;

* Emmanuel Amunike.

* Daniel Amokachi.

* Michael Nsien.

As seen on Twitter
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 6:58pm On Apr 29
Leon Balogun is still playing? I thought he retired.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:02pm On Apr 29
I have opined that whoever coaches us will need to have the magic wand for us to qualify. There are valid concerns surrounding Finidi, but if Amuneke had been appointed and he fails it will not help his case in future. Let Amuneke start on a clean slate. Finidi has no excuse. He’s been with this team. We’ve seen Rohr and Peseiro also huff and puff during friendlies. So let’s also cut Finidi a slack. My greatest fear is his man management.

TheSuperNerd:
Be honest, how do you feel about this appointment? We have seen him in the two friendlies but how do you feel about this?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 7:06pm On Apr 29
One terrible culture in Nigerian football is appointing assistants for a coach. That is very very very terrible. The only motive behind this action is corruption.
To think the assistant coaches may not even share the same playing philosophy with the main coach.

They will appoint 4 assistant coaches for the coach, 3 of which are irrelevant.

1. No set piece coach

2. No match analyst

3. The physio teams is just ... hmmm. The team doctors always appear clueless when it is time for quick treatment.

The whole organization needs revamping which I don't see happening unless we have a good government in place.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 7:09pm On Apr 29
Nacho no dey matchday squad again... chai
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:15pm On Apr 29
Well said.

Amunike was supposedly one of the assistants to Siasia when we failed to qualify for the Afcon in 2017 vs Egypt after Siasia came in on a rescue mission.

Amunike assisted Eguavoen alongside Salisu Yusuf for the final round of the 2022 WC Qualifiers and we know how that went. So bad that he didn't even know the starting line up till hours to game time.

Somehow, folks with agenda have roped Amunike in as reasons for those failures.

So yes, I will not support him assisting Finidi. If we fail, they will say it is Amunike. If we succeed, ofcos it is all Finidi.

Let Finidi carry the cross of failure or success with no ties to Amunike in any way.

Joebie:
Amuneke should not assist. He got the hammer when Eguavoen failed to qualify us. Amuneke should start on a clean slate as the main man. I would go for Nsien to assist Finidi.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 7:19pm On Apr 29
Pinnick has the NFF on chokehold! NMNL!
Marjoribanks:
Let me tell you another secret. How do you think I knew Amunike/Finidi will be your Technical Adviser/Coach? And Finidi will be incharge of the list cos of Amunike's antecedents with Nwakali and Nacho? lol
Young man! Pinnick is in charge. Gasau na just figure head!
And that is why the Minister is trying to intervene cos of the not too good friendly results when Finidi took charge!

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 7:23pm On Apr 29
Marjoribanks:
Pinnick has the NFF on chokehold! NMNL!

U dis man ….return my bribe money 💰🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 7:26pm On Apr 29
I wish Finidi all the best. I rooted for him before anyone else but failed me with the friendlies brouhaha!

Hope he has learnt from that! Wishing him all the best!

Let's gooo Super Eaglesss!

Eat those Banana Bananas and squirrels up in June!!
God bless Nigeria! We move!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 7:31pm On Apr 29
You dey use Zelle!! lol! I can only transfer through Zelle ooo. lol!
elyte89:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:33pm On Apr 29
elyte89:

So the transfer later go through sef... hahaha... Kwaruption spotted. Marjoribanks, no return that money oooo. Chop am. Elyte89 go learn today.

At least Finidi ball better pass your Route one Haram football🤣🤣

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by M7even(m): 7:34pm On Apr 29
TheGoodJoe:
I just feel it is unprofessional and insulting to make people waste their time applying for the job, while sticking with the person on the job. I hope it never repeats itself.

Those who applied were not Jurgen klopp and Pep Guadiola. After much scrutiny there wasn't much difference in perceived acumen between those who applied and the now appointed manager.

I think his appointment was delayed due to the question marks raised in his last friendly against Mali. We hope he learns from that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:34pm On Apr 29
As far as he has the full compliments of the main squad and picks right, I think he will be fine. Aside that, I am mindful of his tactical range. I will be watching out for that specifically.

Marjoribanks:
I wish Finidi all the best. I rooted for him before anyone else but failed me with the friendlies brouhaha!

Hope he has learnt from that! Wishing him all the best!

Let's gooo Super Eaglesss!

Eat those Banana Bananas and squirrels up in June!!
God bless Nigeria! We move!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 7:41pm On Apr 29
If the end result is that we don't qualify.

If na Egbo y'all will wail "NFF employed someone without experience in NT football! NT is different from Club blahblah"

If na Nsien, "NFF expected a youth football coach to do wonders. Lol. We worship foreign things! *Spits*"

Amunike? Pro-Amunike; "NFF sabotaged him" Anti; "We said it. Egunje. This is why he has been out of job"

grin The pitiable ones will be the ones who will suffer mental injuries due to e-fights over all this.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:49pm On Apr 29
You didn't drop the scenarios for Finidi. He is the actual coach.

@bolded... inevitable but only if we do qualify can this be avoided.

Odunayaw:
If the end result is that we don't qualify.

If na Egbo y'all will wail "NFF employed someone without experience in NT football! NT is different from Club blahblah"

If na Nsien, "NFF expected a youth football coach to do wonders. Lol. We worship foreign things! *Spits*"

Amunike? Pro-Amunike; "NFF sabotaged him" Anti; "We said it. Egunje. This is why he has been out of job"

grin The pitiable ones will be the ones who will suffer mental injuries due to e-fights over all this.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16128) (16129) (16130) (16131) (16132) (16133) (16134) ... (16183) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: JorgedeToledo, damagnificentusb(m), iamdynamite(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.