Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,140 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6317) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11654906 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6314) (6315) (6316) (6317) (6318) (6319) (6320) ... (16147) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:36am On Jun 26, 2019
terzurum5:
NFF Thanks President Buhari After Receiving AFCON Money

The Nigeria Football Federation has confirmed receiving part of the money approved by the Federal Government for participation of some National Teams in international competitions, including the Super Eagles’ participation at the ongoing 32nd Africa Cup of Nations in Egypt.

NFF’s Acting President, Barrister Seyi Akinwunmi (in the absence of President Amaju Pinnick who is fully involved with organization as President of AFCON) said on Tuesday that the Federation received part of the money on Tuesday morning and had immediately launched the process to convert the sum to American Dollars to pay the players their only outstanding entitlement – the win bonus for the match against Burundi in Alexandria on Saturday evening – and for subsequent matches.

“We want to specially thank His Excellency, President Muhammadu Buhari for his keen interest in resolving this matter quickly, which has enabled us to receive part of the money in record time. We have immediately started the process of converting the money to American Dollars at the Central Bank in order to pay the players the bonus for the win over Burundi three days ago as well as plan for subsequent games.”

Akinwunmi added that on Monday, 24th June, the NFF had transferred to the players and their officials their camp allowances up to the last day of the group phase matches at the AFCON 2019, as well as the appearance fee for the friendly against Zimbabwe in Asaba on 8th June.

“We have paid these monies through our funds managers, Financial Derivatives Company on Monday, 24th June 2019. The only issue we had was that some of the players did not send their bank accounts and instead authorized the bank to pay their monies to some other individuals. The bank requested clear authorization for this to happen.

“I was on a telephone discussion with the Captain of the team Mikel Obi this morning and can safely say that all clarifications have been made and the usual cordial relationship and understanding between the players and we the administrators is still intact.

I have challenged them to go all out and win the trophy assuring them that their monies all the way to the final is guaranteed. It is now for the players to focus on the championship and deliver glory to the nation. I have no doubt of their ability to do that.”

Akinwunmi also specially commended the maturity of the team and its leaders, including skipper Mikel John Obi and for their unflinching focus on the job at hand which is winning the AFCON Trophy.

https://www.completesports.com/nff-thanks-president-buhari-after-receiving-afcon-money/
Dalung is the major cause of this nonsense, he refused to include the NFF in the ministry budget for the year 2019 just because he didn't get from 2018 World Cup sponsorship windfall

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:40am On Jun 26, 2019
Jarus:

Worst in terms of what?
Just because the "minnows" are giving the big boys a run for their money?

By the way, I don't see Uganda past QF.

And if this Senegal comes against Nigeria or Mali, it's a 50-50 chance so it is not a given that Senegal will get to final.

I agree Mane should ein APOTY.
it's apparent he's not been following Senegal, under this their coach they've often flatter to deceive, I think they can do better than the Cisse guy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:42am On Jun 26, 2019
Curtisaxel7:

If it is true that they were owed only ONE game's win bonus, then I must say that team just lost my respect.

These are established professional footballers earning heavy bucks every week from their clubs, So guys like Ahmed Musa with the fabulous fortune he earns every week in Arabia (around 40 million naira), Ighalo and Mikel with thier Chinese largesse, could abandon their national duty for the sake of ONE match bonus!. Just ONE!.

This is disgusting. It is clear that these players are doing this ONLY for the money. Let them stop feeding us this trash about love for the GWG. They are nothing but a band of passionless mercenaries, playing for nothing but money, simple and short.

And that is how we must view them from now on.

they've not paid them since camping started, I think they only just got paid yesterday
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:44am On Jun 26, 2019
tbaba1234:
Club Brugge have submitted an offer of 7 Million Euros for Okereke.
this guy should move already, today inter tomorrow Southampton next tomorrow West Ham weytin happen sef

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:48am On Jun 26, 2019
jihday:
this guy should move already, today inter tomorrow Southampton next tomorrow West Ham weytin happen sef

He will definitely move. Hopefully, he makes the right decision.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:36am On Jun 26, 2019
TheGoodJoe and Forgiveness please the AFCON has started.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:39am On Jun 26, 2019
Earthquake3:
Pure undiluted footballing brain grin

#Showoff
da fvck u doing? undecided

Why u betting those peanut change undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:30am On Jun 26, 2019
I think I need report TheGoodJoe and forgiveness to the mod for derailing this thread....enough is enough.
what's this?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 6:45am On Jun 26, 2019
Humility017:
I think I need report TheGoodJoe and forgiveness to the mod for derailing this thread....enough is enough.
what's this?

Let's all report them and hope they get banned. It's getting out of hand.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 6:47am On Jun 26, 2019
krattoss:
da fvck u doing? undecided

Why u betting those peanut change undecided

Lol. His total winnings were not even up to 1,000 naira sef grin.

Some people just no get shame.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 6:59am On Jun 26, 2019
What happened to our noisy neighbors last night? I thought they have the best midfield in the whole world

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:03am On Jun 26, 2019
Curtisaxel7:

Lol. His total winnings were not even up to 1,000 naira sef grin.

Some people just no get shame.
lol..these ones will be forming internet gangster embarassed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 7:17am On Jun 26, 2019
mostob:
here it comes bro

the first goals scored by both Benin and Ghana yesterday are clearly offside calls likewise the Madagascar and guinea goals...

it seems the lines men are all sleeping in this afcon
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:20am On Jun 26, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Not stars of the teams. Osimhen is star of Charleroi, not star of Super Eagles. Onuachu started against Burundi but he is not a star of the Super Eagles.

The comparison is absurd. It doesn't make sense because those French Ligue 1 players were UEFA stars not Danish or Belgium lowly league stars.

You don't have a single star in the Nigerian national team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 7:20am On Jun 26, 2019
chrisooblog:
between the players and officials i don't know why they always like to make us a public spectacle reinforcing stereotypes about african countries i thought all this nonsense had finally stopped

the main architect of the nonsense now...is president buhari...
just imagine after serving us the worst sport minister last term...up till now he has not formed his cabinet and many Nigerians are expecting same old men to revolutionise the country.
I pity some persons sha...up till now the president don't even know who will serve in his cabinet and the NASS will soon go a recess till September....and you know approaching towards November he will travel abroad...for his vacation
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 7:21am On Jun 26, 2019
Rohr on goalkeeping position

Akpeyi played in the first game because in the three weeks of training, he was number one,” Rohr told media.

“I don’t decide on this kind of issue because we have a good goalkeepers’ coach Alloy [Agu]. Even my assistant, Imama [Amapakabo] is a former goalkeeper.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:26am On Jun 26, 2019
Humility017:
what's this?

Okay! Let us discuss SE. ! grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:27am On Jun 26, 2019
Icon4s:
TheGoodJoe and Forgiveness please the AFCON has started.

I know na. We are all watching. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 7:34am On Jun 26, 2019
My Team Line up(IF I WERE TO BE THE COACH)

.................... ..... ENZENWA.................. .
AINA........ BALOGUN.... EKONG..... COLLINS
............... ........ NDIDI......... MIKEL...............
M. SIMON.................IWOBI................ MUSA
............ ... ........ IGHALO........

SUB
HENRY
OSIMHEN
CHUCK
ETEBO
OGU

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:38am On Jun 26, 2019
terzurum5:
NFF Thanks President Buhari After Receiving AFCON Money

The Nigeria Football Federation has confirmed receiving part of the money approved by the Federal Government for participation of some National Teams in international competitions, including the Super Eagles’ participation at the ongoing 32nd Africa Cup of Nations in Egypt.

NFF’s Acting President, Barrister Seyi Akinwunmi (in the absence of President Amaju Pinnick who is fully involved with organization as President of AFCON) said on Tuesday that the Federation received part of the money on Tuesday morning and had immediately launched the process to convert the sum to American Dollars to pay the players their only outstanding entitlement – the win bonus for the match against Burundi in Alexandria on Saturday evening – and for subsequent matches.

“We want to specially thank His Excellency, President Muhammadu Buhari for his keen interest in resolving this matter quickly, which has enabled us to receive part of the money in record time. We have immediately started the process of converting the money to American Dollars at the Central Bank in order to pay the players the bonus for the win over Burundi three days ago as well as plan for subsequent games.”

Akinwunmi added that on Monday, 24th June, the NFF had transferred to the players and their officials their camp allowances up to the last day of the group phase matches at the AFCON 2019, as well as the appearance fee for the friendly against Zimbabwe in Asaba on 8th June.

“We have paid these monies through our funds managers, Financial Derivatives Company on Monday, 24th June 2019. The only issue we had was that some of the players did not send their bank accounts and instead authorized the bank to pay their monies to some other individuals. The bank requested clear authorization for this to happen.

“I was on a telephone discussion with the Captain of the team Mikel Obi this morning and can safely say that all clarifications have been made and the usual cordial relationship and understanding between the players and we the administrators is still intact.

I have challenged them to go all out and win the trophy assuring them that their monies all the way to the final is guaranteed. It is now for the players to focus on the championship and deliver glory to the nation. I have no doubt of their ability to do that.”

Akinwunmi also specially commended the maturity of the team and its leaders, including skipper Mikel John Obi and for their unflinching focus on the job at hand which is winning the AFCON Trophy.

https://www.completesports.com/nff-thanks-president-buhari-after-receiving-afcon-money/

Why are we putting pressure on our economy? Convert Naira to Dollars wetin? Are they expatriates or Nigerians?

They should be paid in Naira, abegi.

Anyway, I already knew why some players get called up to the team eventhough they are not good. It's because of the dollars they will receive and share with..... grin just for making the team. grin

The same reason late Keshi brought some unknown players into the National team. grin

Even Ezenwa and co.

Why do you think Ezenwa is in the team for long? If you think he is the best goalkeeper in Nigeria, you are an ignoramus. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by klexycole(m): 7:39am On Jun 26, 2019
AIG07:

SUB
HENRY
OSIMHEN
CHUCK
ETEBO
OGU

Collins is injured.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by boron10(m): 7:39am On Jun 26, 2019
AIG07:

SUB
HENRY
OSIMHEN
CHUCK
ETEBO
OGU
Thank God you're not the coach. This is why we abhor local coaches. I don't understand the logic behind playing Collins when fitter defenders are available and also the logic behind starting Simon who was underwhelming in his performance this past season when we parade far better players.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 7:41am On Jun 26, 2019
jihday:
in my own opinion the red card was very harsh
All these new rules go kii person. But come to think of it, he wasted time to set the ball, went back to kick it and just left the ball again. He was already on a yellow. Y
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:43am On Jun 26, 2019
soetanoreoluwa:
Rohr on goalkeeping position

Akpeyi played in the first game because in the three weeks of training, he was number one,” Rohr told media.

“I don’t decide on this kind of issue because we have a good goalkeepers’ coach Alloy [Agu]. Even my assistant, Imama [Amapakabo] is a former goalkeeper.

So, Agu no wan disgrace himself by not playing Ezenwa. grin

Please, play Ezenwa mo we see. Una go hear am. cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:45am On Jun 26, 2019
boron10:

Thank God you're not the coach. This is why we abhor local coaches. I don't understand the logic behind playing Collins when fitter defenders are available and also the logic behind starting Simon who was underwhelming in his performance this past season when we parade far better players.

Simon Moses and Collins are the stars of the Nigerian national team while the better players are the stars of their various clubs. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 7:46am On Jun 26, 2019
Taliban:

Did you collect your salary last month? What about 2 months ago? A labourer deserves his wages, period!!!

Leave people make dem talk rubbish!! Much of Nigeria is stuck in the dark ages. Imagine the mentality someone has in this current age and time. Even more stunning is the fact that it is the average mentality of many Nigerians. Lack of exposure and critical thinking has finished people in this country. If you observe carefully, in Nigeria when there's an issue in a system and the people affected are complaining other people instead of
joining in questioning the bad system and demanding an improvement will turn around and blame those who are complaining for not adapting to the bad system! Haba!

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 7:48am On Jun 26, 2019
jihday:
Nigeria will not win but Uganda will reach Semi and he'll say he's a realist, realist my foot

So you took the man serious when he said he's a realist? Who dash am?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:53am On Jun 26, 2019
AIG07:

SUB
HENRY
OSIMHEN
CHUCK
ETEBO
OGU

I think Mikel should start from the bench. Collins is not available, so I heard. Ezenwa should be removed except you wan chop goals. grin

Samu should retain his shirt. I think he must improve his game to retain his shirt for the next match else he should come in as a substitute.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 7:58am On Jun 26, 2019
forgiveness:

Why are we putting pressure on our economy? Convert Naira to Dollars wetin? Are they expatriates or Nigerians?

They should be paid in Naira, abegi.

Anyway, I already knew why some players get called up to the team eventhough they are not good. It's because of the dollars they will receive and share with..... grin just for making the team. grin

The same reason late Keshi brought some unknown players into the National team. grin

Even Ezenwa and co.

Why do you think Ezenwa is in the team for long? If you think he is the best goalkeeper in Nigeria, you are an ignoramus. grin
I seem not to understand this Ezenwa thing. So the best GK is the one that will not share?!?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:58am On Jun 26, 2019
jihday:
they've not received a dime since camping started in Asaba let's be fair to them they are humans too

They should pay but not in dollars.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:59am On Jun 26, 2019
comodo:

I seem not to understand this Ezenwa thing. So the best GK is the one that will not share?!?

Of course. Sone Aluko refused to share. Since den you see am for national team?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:07am On Jun 26, 2019
jihday:
they've not received a dime since camping started in Asaba let's be fair to them they are humans too

Read the previous report posted up there sir...they have been paid all camp allowance and appearance fee. it's just the winning bonus for the Burundi match!!

They were supposed to be paid on Monday! they staged a protest on Tuesday!!

Please this is embarrassing.. They could have at least waited a few days or handled it amicably instead of boycotting the press conference .
Since Rohr took over the team,the NFF have done well in terms of payment of match bonus and appearance fee. Even at the world cup,they were paid well.. .

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6314) (6315) (6316) (6317) (6318) (6319) (6320) ... (16147) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: KpagoGIN(m), komekn(m), Silentgroper(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.