Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,825 members, 7,813,719 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:57 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6357) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11631790 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6354) (6355) (6356) (6357) (6358) (6359) (6360) ... (16137) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by naturecures: 7:30am On Jun 28, 2019
Humility017:
EGYPTIANS LAMBAST NIGERIA FOOTBALLERS OVERFREQUENT PROTESTS

some Egyptian fans feel the frequent reports of protests by Nigerian players about non-payment of match allowances and bonuses are not doing the African continent any good.

Within the last two months, Nigerian teams taking part in international competitions have protested over alleged non-payment of entitlements by the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF).

From the Flying Eagles’ participation at the 2019 FIFA U-20 World Cup in Poland, the Super Falcons involvement at the yet to be concluded FIFA Women’s World Cup in France and the Super Eagles’ campaign in the Egypt 2019 AFCON, it has been one squabble over alleged unpaid allowances or another.

At the Cairo Stadium on Wednesday night, where the Pharaohs of Egypt defeated Congo 2-0 to move into the round of 16, the issue of Super Eagles’ protests over unpaid wages was the major topic by some of the fans.

Those who spoke with The Guardian carpeted the Nigerian players for turning their participation at major championships into ‘one competition, one protest.’

“This is becoming too frequent an issue in Nigerian football and I think it is not doing Africa’s image any good,” one of the fans, who identified himself as Ali told The Guardian at the Cairo stadium.

“As a national team player, I think Nigerian players are not behaving well by bring issues of unpaid allowances and bonuses to public domain every time they are on major competitions. There are other countries taking part in the AFCON, and it is only Nigerian players who are crying loud over unpaid match allowances. We had such situations recently with the U-20 (Flying Eagles), who refused to vacate their hotel after crashing out in Poland. It was followed by the Super Falcons in France. Now, we are hearing that your players (Super Eagles) are complaining in their hotel in Alexandra. I believe it is not only Nigeria that has financial problem. Your footballers should think of how to help your nation grow because playing for the national teams help their career as well.”

Ali continues: “Here in Egypt, Mo Salah is not getting much in terms of financial reward from the national team, yet he has built schools and hospitals for the people. He even helped the government in fixing the roads. That is what your players should be emulating, not issues of unpaid bonuses and allowances all the time.”

Another fan, Emerek said: “I am sure your players are always protesting because they feel the officials are making so much money in the football house. In that case, I think the government should try to sanitise the system.

But to be sincere, this issue of protest by your national team players during major competitions is becoming a major embarrassment to Africa.”

Guardian.ng.com

I want to like the post severally. is there a way?

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 7:59am On Jun 28, 2019
andrew444:

I wont support you calling iheanacho and amunike a failure

So because nacho has been mad means he has been a failure?

Typical nigeria mentality, they only praise you when you are winning

Too bad from you guys

What do you call a person that has failed?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 8:01am On Jun 28, 2019
andrew444:

He might not even do well in the epl

He is exactly EPL type of player
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:25am On Jun 28, 2019
My guy Humility180 sorry, I meant Humility017, doing everything humanly possible to redeem his image that has been battered my semid4lyfe grin

That list that comprised;

1. Darkelf

2. Humility017

3. Gustav25

Pain my guy no be small grin grin

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:30am On Jun 28, 2019
I hope y'all enjoyed the match yesterday? The battle of the Titans, but, that gutless bleep of a referee aint gonna make heaven. Gush how could a Centre referee be so weak? Dude was bullied all night by the foxes to make every call go against the lions. I spit at his cowardliness tufiakwa!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jubilantagida: 8:37am On Jun 28, 2019
Goke7:

what upset have we seen so far in this afcon? so what's your point? abi algeria beating senegal is now upset? grin

What's upsetting me is that we can't seem to differentiate between the big boys and those just coming up.

And the game involving Algeria, Senegal could have gone anywhere.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:40am On Jun 28, 2019
Humility017:

hmmmmm that was how we all hype Dele Bashiru including me
in this thread and to our surprise he never lived the hype.

wanna watch him play for the super eagles

At least, he won MOTM. Someone saw him lived up to expectation.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:50am On Jun 28, 2019
Egyptians lambast Nigerian footballers over ‘frequent’ protests

By Gowon Akpodonor, Alexandria, Egypt

28 June 2019 | 3:27 am

Some Egyptian fans feel the frequent reports of protests by Nigerian players about non-payment of match allowances and bonuses are not doing the African continent any good.

Within the last two months, Nigerian teams taking part in international competitions have protested over alleged non-payment of entitlements by the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF).

From the Flying Eagles’ participation at the 2019 FIFA U-20 World Cup in Poland, the Super Falcons involvement at the yet to be concluded FIFA Women’s World Cup in France and the Super Eagles’ campaign in the Egypt 2019 AFCON, it has been one squabble over alleged unpaid allowances or another.

At the Cairo Stadium on Wednesday night, where the Pharaohs of Egypt defeated Congo 2-0 to move into the round of 16, the issue of Super Eagles’ protests over unpaid wages was the major topic by some of the fans.

Those who spoke with The Guardian carpeted the Nigerian players for turning their participation at major championships into ‘one competition, one protest.’

“This is becoming too frequent an issue in Nigerian football and I think it is not doing Africa’s image any good,” one of the fans, who identified himself as Ali told The Guardian at the Cairo stadium.

“As a national team player, I think Nigerian players are not behaving well by bring issues of unpaid allowances and bonuses to public domain every time they are on major competitions. There are other countries taking part in the AFCON, and it is only Nigerian players who are crying loud over unpaid match allowances. We had such situations recently with the U-20 (Flying Eagles), who refused to vacate their hotel after crashing out in Poland. It was followed by the Super Falcons in France. Now, we are hearing that your players (Super Eagles) are complaining in their hotel in Alexandra. I believe it is not only Nigeria that has financial problem. Your footballers should think of how to help your nation grow because playing for the national teams help their career as well.”

Ali continues: “Here in Egypt, Mo Salah is not getting much in terms of financial reward from the national team, yet he has built schools and hospitals for the people. He even helped the government in fixing the roads. That is what your players should be emulating, not issues of unpaid bonuses and allowances all the time.”

Another fan, Emerek said: “I am sure your players are always protesting because they feel the officials are making so much money in the football house. In that case, I think the government should try to sanitise the system.

But to be sincere, this issue of protest by your national team players during major competitions is becoming a major embarrassment to Africa.”

https://m.guardian.ng/sport/egyptians-lambast-nigerian-footballers-over-frequent-protests/

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gustav25: 8:53am On Jun 28, 2019
Earthquake3:

Failure !!!!

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:01am On Jun 28, 2019
Humility017:

not England...they wanna keep them all...
very greedy country. ...

I still think if Tammy don't have a break through in Chelsea during this 2 years...he may fall back on the super eagles....

but I don't think we need him... the players we need right now are defenders and midfielders....
no thanks to Aigbogun and his gang who has made it impossible for us to have a good under 20 to draw from...unlike Mali and Senegal ....

So, you didn't see Okon, Ofoborh, Dele, Kingsley, Makanjuola etc, abi?

What do I expect from someone who claimed Etebo can't pass and Moses didn't create one chance, huh? undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:02am On Jun 28, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

I will always prefer Osimhen to Ighalo but Papa Rohr has his reasons. Hope Rohr plays an offensive formation against Madagascar with

----------------Musa------Osimhen-------------------
Onyekuru---------------------------------Chukwueze
-----------------------------Mikel-----------------------------
------------------------------Ogu------------------------------

We need full 3 points.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 9:13am On Jun 28, 2019
Humility017:
EGYPTIANS LAMBAST NIGERIA FOOTBALLERS OVERFREQUENT PROTESTS

some Egyptian fans feel the frequent reports of protests by Nigerian players about non-payment of match allowances and bonuses are not doing the African continent any good.

Guardian.ng.com

they have got a point though...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 9:16am On Jun 28, 2019
forgiveness:

So, you didn't see Okon, Ofoborh, Dele, Kingsley, Makanjuola etc, abi?

What do I expect from someone who claimed Etebo can't pass and Moses didn't create one chance, huh? undecided

compare those players to the ones you saw the Senegalese and Mali team paraded...at the last under 20 world cup.

before I forget...pls tell Etebo to stay clear of our free kicks whenever Moses Simon is in the field playing.
Simon is a better free kick taker
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 9:17am On Jun 28, 2019
mostob:
they have got a point though...

not just a point...a very reasonable one.

this guys better know that they stand to gain more should they win the trophy or at least get to the finals

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 9:18am On Jun 28, 2019
forgiveness:

We need full 3 points.
and this players listed up there can't give you 3 points....? you will make a terrible coach oooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 9:20am On Jun 28, 2019
Humility017:
ROHR WANTS NO FURTHER DISTRACTIONS AS EAGLES FOCUS ON MADAGASCAR

Super Eagles Head Coach Genort Rohr wants all the distractions caused by the dispute over allowances to be settled finally before Nigeria roll out tank against Madagascar in the last Group B clash on Sunday.

Speaking yesterday in Alexandria, the Franco-German gaffer said in as much as Nigeria has began the group phase very well, nothing should be allowed to put a wedge on Eagles good fortunes.

“I hope that the things that were decided yesterday (Wednesday) will be done so that everybody can focus on the next game (against Madagascar),” he stated.
Rohr insisted that the decision taking on Wednesday by Eagles before the game against Guinea, should help to stem any further bickery over bonuses and allowances.

Leganes of Spain defender Kenneth Omeruo’s header in the 73rd minute off the corner kick by Moses Simon was all that Nigeria needed to pick maximum points from Guinea’s Syli National and the ticket to the Round of 16.

thisday.com
hope they will get their alerts on their phones today? we can't afford further embarrassment and excuses
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 9:25am On Jun 28, 2019
Humility017:

compare those players to the ones you saw the Senegalese and Mali team paraded...at the last under 20 world cup.

before I forget...pls tell Etebo to stay clear of our free kicks whenever Moses Simon is in the field playing.
I disagree... they are both good but I think Etebo is slightly better
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 9:26am On Jun 28, 2019
Earthquake3:
Ndidi vs Kante battle raging on twitter

Some people are blindly patriotic smh
different kind of player with different playing pattern
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 9:30am On Jun 28, 2019
mostob:
I disagree... they are both good but I think Etebo is slightly better

please tell me one free kick you've seen etebo score
and I will tell you of Moses Simon...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 9:32am On Jun 28, 2019
Goke7:

hope they will get their alerts on their phones today? we can't afford further embarrassment and excuses

they should keep embarrassing themselves...
thank God it was on an important fixture..they acted that way....by now they would have kiss the tourney good bye
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:40am On Jun 28, 2019
Humility017:

Chai the effect of semid4lyfe's list, my guy dun suddenly begin fan Simon Moses grin

Ogbeni stand one place nah grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 9:44am On Jun 28, 2019
ChrisKels:

Chai the effect of semid4lyfe's list, my guy dun suddenly begin fan Simon Moses grin

Ogbeni stand one place nah grin grin

I have never hate Moses Simon or choose not to be his fan.....
just that I wasn't pleased with his play against Guinea...I expected much from him especially offensively.

the shot he played to the air even disgust me for a professional to play that speaks volume....

I am at one place....I don't really have a favourite player...you play well you earn my praise but badly you get the boots

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:46am On Jun 28, 2019
fabyom:

Chriskels is no where to be found loll.
The Algerian team is very good tactically and technically!
This Senegal team will definitely struggle to score against a strong side if Cisse fails to make changes by sitting Niang arse on the bench.
I do hope you are definitely here to stay Nerdy!
We missed your immense and invaluable contributions.

Sorry I cudnt reply u last night, I had a long day at work and I was too weak to come online.

Dont be too quick to celebrate, if u had seen that match with open mindedness, u would have understood the ref was gutless. Senegal was cheated. That said, I dont wanna see Niang and Balde starting ahead of Diagne and Sarr ever again. Senegal is loaded, talent wise, but the choice of Cisse as the head coach is preposterous.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 9:47am On Jun 28, 2019
Humility017:

they should keep embarrassing themselves...
thank God it was on an important fixture..they acted that way....by now they would have kiss the tourney good bye

inasmuch as I don't support the nff authorities in regards to how they handle bonus issues, it's also high time our players decide whether they want to continue to play for the Nation or not cos the bonus issues will continue to be there as it was from the beginning.

I once read an interview by a former player, Reuben Agboola who said one of the major reasons he stopped honouring invitations from the SE was because of backlog of unpaid bonuses but you know what, he went ahead to say he regretted making that decision as he missed opportunities to play at the world cup and other big games for the SE.

Our players need to see the big picture at times, though it's hard but it's equally embarrassing with all theses bonus palaver. Just decide you want to be in the national team or just leave if you can't stomach unpaid bonuses.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:49am On Jun 28, 2019
forgiveness:

Egyptians lambast Nigerian footballers over ‘frequent’ protests

By Gowon Akpodonor, Alexandria, Egypt

28 June 2019 | 3:27 am

Some Egyptian fans feel the frequent reports of protests by Nigerian players about non-payment of match allowances and bonuses are not doing the African continent any good.

https://m.guardian.ng/sport/egyptians-lambast-nigerian-footballers-over-frequent-protests/

This is the NFF putting pressure on the squad. Egypt that had a stand off before the world cup. If these really are Egyptians talking they should STFU.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:51am On Jun 28, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
You see that Mbaye Niang in #9. He has been rubbish even from the first game against Tanzania. I told Yara Yara and my staff that Ighalo is definitely better than that Niang. And Niang is one of Chriskels' boys oooo....

Not surprised with the scoreline. I have gauged the strength of both sides but Aliou Cisse is Senegal's bane.

Wake up from that slumber bro. Ighalo better than Mbaye Niang? Lol. Where was Ighalo when Niang was banging in goals in Russia? Whats Ighalo's pedigree compared to Niang's as a striker in Europe?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 9:51am On Jun 28, 2019
Earthquake3:

He is exactly EPL type of player

Epl type of player because e get power ?

But if una see player wey no get power una go say e go struggle for Epl while I can list 20 players who are not physical that did well in the Epl
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:56am On Jun 28, 2019
Humility017:

I have never hate Moses Simon or choose not to be his fan.....
just that I wasn't pleased with his play against Guinea...I expected much from him especially offensively.

the shot he played to the air even disgust me for a professional to play that speaks volume....

I am at one place....I don't really have a favourite player...you play well you earn my praise but badly you get the boots

No reason am bro, u and I know say I just dey find ur trouble. Nothing serious man. Good morning
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 9:59am On Jun 28, 2019
Goke7:

inasmuch as I don't support the nff authorities in regards to how they handle bonus issues, it's also high time our players decide whether they want to continue to play for the Nation or not cos the bonus issues will continue to be there as it was from the beginning.

I once read an interview by a former player, Reuben Agboola who said one of the major reasons he stopped honouring invitations from the SE was because of backlog of unpaid bonuses but you know what, he went ahead to say he regretted making that decision as he missed opportunities to play at the world cup and other big games for the SE.

Our players need to see the big picture at times, though it's hard but it's equally embarrassing with all theses bonus palaver. Just decide you want to be in the national team or just leave if you can't stomach unpaid bonuses.

you're spot on.
this guys make more than these bonuses they keep crying over with just their weekly wage abroad...

not taking side with the NFF though... but come to understand that playing for the country presently is sacrifice and also help elevate their careers in club football and endorsements that should come first.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 10:01am On Jun 28, 2019
ChrisKels:

No reason am bro, u and I know say I just dey find ur trouble. Nothing serious man. Good morning

good morning.
not at all...I am not angry...

Just that I was not too pleased with Moses Simon... musa played defensively in that match too and still try create couple of chances upfront...and would have score had it been ighalo was not selfish.

now that Kalu Uche is back in the mix I fear Moses Simon may get the boot...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:06am On Jun 28, 2019
Earthquake3:

How has he failed ?

Some footballer have ups and down in their career ,so because a player is having bad time means he will have bad time forever?

Now you think he will not bounce back ?

Shame on your poor mentality

God please don't let chuks onyekuru osimhen and others young super eagles player still coming up ever have a bad season so that people like you will not come and call them a failure

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:11am On Jun 28, 2019
Humility017:

good morning.
not at all...I am not angry...

Just that I was not too pleased with Moses Simon... musa played defensively in that match too and still try create couple of chances upfront...and would have score had it been ighalo was not selfish.

now that Kalu Uche is back in the mix I fear Moses Simon may get the boot...

I understand where u coming from and I have never been a fan of Simon. People say he helps the defense but, is that his primary assignment as a winger? A winger that can not contribute nothing going forward, that one na winger? Simon, to me, is what I would term a poor man's Pius Ikedia, dude is all strength and no brains and he can hardly raise his head up to save his life. Abeg that boy na -1

Thqt said, sorry but, Kalu Uche has retired from the national team

(1) (2) (3) ... (6354) (6355) (6356) (6357) (6358) (6359) (6360) ... (16137) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: sureleads, forgiveness, TheSuperNerd(m), Marjoribanks, komekn(m), opes, chuks404, Kog45(m), charlesemeka85(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.