Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,043 members, 7,835,514 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6360) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11780290 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6357) (6358) (6359) (6360) (6361) (6362) (6363) ... (16193) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 11:17am On Jun 28, 2019
TheSuperNerd:

Moses Simon that gave that fine pass to Ighalo for that beautiful chance that he squandered instead of squaring for Musa??

Moses Simon that also freed up Iwobi befoee Iwobi blew the chance by counting his legs??

Moses Simon that eventually got his cornerkick cross right and found Omeruo for the goal??

Elf Of Darkness!!!!

Now, I can see more evidences pointing to why you top Semid4lyfe's special list.

Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 11:18am On Jun 28, 2019
andrew444:

Lol

okay bro no yawa

anyway no mind me

the player that even made me angry that day...was Ighalo....
had it been he passed that ball to musa for a goal ..we would had 2 more... that would have made the Guineans to troop out and such allow Iwobi to give more defensive split passes that even him (ighalo) will benefit from...
but selfishness will not let him see road...just pray they don't go repeat this when start playing men in the Qfinals
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:18am On Jun 28, 2019
Humility017:

you reasoned my post wrongly... did I say Mali don't have a foreign born players...
I said our main hope in the future will be foreign born players that will help bail the super eagles out from the abysmal under 20 team we currently have....

Na lie. Chukwueze, Onyekuru, Osimhen, Odey, Awoniyi, etc are all part of the future of the national team.

Do you you even know how many are springing up left right center?

Of course, we still need the foreign born.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:19am On Jun 28, 2019
It is true Simon could have been much better offensively but he also was not poor offensively. He was a bit above average offensively and was excellent defensively. That for me is a very very balanced performance that can only be improved upon.

Simon wasn't getting it right in his corner kick deliveries too at some point as they were being hit too low. He knew this and he stepped up and hit a fine one in that found Ndidi one time even before he delivered the one that led to the goal.

In all, Simon was good. Balanced both offensively and defensively.

Humility017:

to be honest....God bear me witness...I was happy to see him start that day.
thinking he was the Moses Simon I used to know but nahhh. ..he has retrogressed offensively.
unlike the Simon I saw against Cameroon in Uyo and Duala...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 11:19am On Jun 28, 2019
forgiveness:

Na lie. Chukwueze, Onyekuru, Osimhen, Odey, Awoniyi, etc are all part of the future of the national team.

Do you you even know how many are springing up left right center?

Of course, we still need the foreign born.
Aigbogun wasted our chances....
I just can't see Tijani playing for the super eagles in the future...
I pray we get good CM and AMs to compliment this team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 11:19am On Jun 28, 2019
peterd53:

So na d same position D.suarez deh play with d player u mention above. Smh

I hate making senseless arguments

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 11:20am On Jun 28, 2019
Humility017:

compare those players to the ones you saw the Senegalese and Mali team paraded...at the last under 20 world cup.

before I forget...pls tell Etebo to stay clear of our free kicks whenever Moses Simon is in the field playing.
Simon is a better free kick taker

That reminds me. I was actually surprised by Simon's deliveries throughout the game. I didn't think he could cross that well. He delivered all the kicks excellently. I'm almost driven to thank La Liga once again for another improved player. Excellent deliveries!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 11:21am On Jun 28, 2019
Humility017:

the player that even made me angry that day...was Ighalo....
had it been he passed that ball to musa for a goal ..we would had 2 more... that would have made the Guineans to troop out and such allow Iwobi to give more defensive split passes that even him (ighalo) will benefit from...
but selfishness will not let him see road...just pray they don't go repeat this when start playing men in the Qfinals

To be sincere i have always supported ighalo but he made me angry that day, he was so selfish and didnt pass to musa, as in i was so angry, i dont know whats wrong with him

Ighalo was the worst eagles player that day.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 11:22am On Jun 28, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
It is true Simon could have been much better offensively but he also was not poor offensively. He was a bit above average offensively and was excellent defensively. That for me is a very very balanced performance that can only be improved upon.

Simon wasn't getting it right in his corner kick deliveries too at some point as they were being hit too low. He knew this and he stepped up and hit a fine one in that found Ndidi one time even before he delivered the one that led to the goal.

In all, Simon was good. Balanced both offensively and defensively.

it's okay Nerdy.

you wrote well....
it has all passed I wish for a better outing against Madagascar....
hopefully Rohr gets his first 11 after the round of 16 match to make room for blending and a strong force...the players that get to play that match will play the Qfinals as well
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:22am On Jun 28, 2019
Humility017:

it's okay...but he has more shots in targets...
but chuks needs right now is good coaching...

just tell him to always pass the ball especially when on the 18yard box after beating defenders pass the ball to strikers or other players free to do a finish up.

that ability to make mess out of defenders is an asset coupled with his ball control skills...

You have not answered my questions. Please do.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 11:23am On Jun 28, 2019
andrew444:

To be sincere i have always supported ighalo but he made me angry that day, he was so selfish and didnt pass to musa, as in i was so angry, i dont know whats wrong with him

it is well...I was so happy for the criticism he received.hope he gets to see them... that will make him adjust next time...

because with such error in the knock out stages...the team can be punished for that.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 11:23am On Jun 28, 2019
Earthquake3:

Denis suarez is an attacking midfielder forget that stuff you post there, its been long denis suarez even played in central midfield let alone defensive

You are really going out of point.

Try and charge your battery and come back better
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 11:24am On Jun 28, 2019
Humility017:

it is well...I was so happy for the criticism he received.hope he gets to see them... that will make him adjust next time...

because with such error in the knock out stages...the team can be punished for that.

Agreed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 11:24am On Jun 28, 2019
forgiveness:

You have not answered my questions. Please do.
oga forgiveness abeg leave me. when are we playing Madagascar pls

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 11:24am On Jun 28, 2019
andrew444:

Denis suarez is an attacking midfielder forget that stuff you post there, its been long denis suarez even played in central midfield let alone defensive

You are really going out of point.

Try and charge your battery and come back better

I give you facts and you counter off your head

Where are your facts?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:25am On Jun 28, 2019
Humility017:

Aigbogun wasted our chances....
I just can't see Tijani playing for the super eagles in the future...
I pray we get good CM and AMs to compliment this team

With Tijani and some other players, yes! he wasted our chances but with Okon, Bashiru, Ofoborh, Makanjuola and Michael, I don't think so.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 11:26am On Jun 28, 2019
andrew444:

Yes sir

Please i want you to also show me clips where mitrovic and olunga have wrestled player to the ground seems they are very strong

Football no be gra gra but na brain, sane is not a strong player but a very good player
correct jare ..if football is about physicality ,Senegal should have scored up to five goals against Japan during 2018 WC. ..Lukaku should be scoring 30 goals per season. Welbeck should be scoring for fun...Giroud should have won WC golden boot....
cc Earthquake

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 11:26am On Jun 28, 2019
iSlayer:

That reminds me. I was actually surprised by Simon's deliveries throughout the game. I didn't think he could cross that well. He delivered all the kicks excellently. I'm almost driven to thank La Liga once again for another improved player. Excellent deliveries!

he can play free kicks very well...
I remember his play against Swaziland one time....
I was so sure he would have scored that one etebo played instead.....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:26am On Jun 28, 2019
And to show you how matured Musa is, Musa went on one fine run beating Two or three Guinean players down the left flank in the second half freeing him up into space and instead of continuing his beautiful run towards the Guinean box 18, he sighted Ighalo in the box and tried to square for him only to be cut off for a corner.

Had Musa gone on his run, he would have reached the box and possibly scored. He is that fast but he decided to pass to a better positioned teammate in Ighalo not minding that this same Ighalo had ignored him in similar circumstances in the first half.

That was matured class from Musa and I told Yara Yara to note it down very keenly. Musa is our best forward and thinks for the good of the team even more now than before.

andrew444:

10 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 11:27am On Jun 28, 2019
Humility017:

compare his offensive inputs to Chuks dazzling runs and one on one taking of defenders....
even though chuks end products was poor against Burundi but he was more of a threat offensively...
The fact that simon no twist and turn,try leg over or use him blokos try bicycle kick no mean say he is not good offensively, he just priotize defending before offensiveness.... and I think that is the right thing to do considering he has Awaziem playing out of position behind him
BTW I think there was a time we were playing 3-4-3 during the match...I stand to be corrected though.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 11:28am On Jun 28, 2019
forgiveness:

With Tijani and some other players, yes! he wasted our chances but with Okon, Bashiru, Ofoborh, Makanjuola and Michael, I don't think so.

I pray those players come good...
but you know that tourney would have go elevate their status as such help them get good signings and opportunities to play at top club level...
but now...they will have to struggle and pass through some difficult routes...
I wish them well...

a good outing would have helped Bashiru get into Atalanta first team fast...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 11:28am On Jun 28, 2019
Earthquake3:

I give you facts and you counter off your head

Where are your facts?

Denis suarez has always played attacking midfield or from the flanks, he did not play central or defensive, so because transfermkt put his position means say na there he go play for arsenal?

I cant even remember when he played there, and he never played there for arsenal

What fact did give me? you showed his position doesnt means he plays there for arsenal
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:28am On Jun 28, 2019
Humility017:

I prefer ogu to etebo... ogu is more technical and calculative.
he is a player that can shoots from outside box and score goals....
and can as well supports ndidi defensively and good with short passes...that will help iwobi greatly if he plays 10

The Ogu I know is not the same Ogu of today. No wahala, let the coach play him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:29am On Jun 28, 2019
TheSuperNerd:

Niang is average Chris and you know this. Has Niang scored 15 EPL goals before? What is Russia compared to playing and scoring in England? Diagne is even a far better striker than the big guy Niang. Niang that missed sitters upon sitters against Tanzania is not better than Ighalo Biko.

Talk for Diagne better than Ighalo and I will agree. But rating Niang over Ighalo is akin that miss by Knowledge Musona. Well as a holder of Triple Citizenships with Senegal as your first love I no go blame you. Na your francophone twisted pia matter and cortices I blame.

The bolded is where it mattered most, guess what...ighalo went MIA
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by peterd53(m): 11:30am On Jun 28, 2019
Earthquake3:

I won’t say much

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 11:30am On Jun 28, 2019
mostob:
correct jare ..if football is about physicality ,Senegal should have scored up to five goals against Japan during 2018 WC. ..Lukaku should be scoring 30 goals per season. Welbeck should be scoring for fun...Giroud should have won WC golden boot....
cc Earthquake

Lol

e go find excuse this time
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 11:30am On Jun 28, 2019
andrew444:

Denis suarez has always played attacking midfield or from the flanks, he did not play central or defensive, so because transfermkt put his position means say na there he go play for arsenal?

I cant even remember when he played there, and he never played there for arsenal

What fact did give me? you showed his position doesnt means he plays there for arsenal

Unfortunately transfermkt is more of an authority on these matters than you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 11:30am On Jun 28, 2019
peterd53:

I won’t say much

Lol

e no go still gree
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 11:30am On Jun 28, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
And to show you how matured Musa is, Musa went on one fine run beating Two or three Guinean players down the left flank in the second half freeing him up into space and instead of continuing his beautiful run towards the Senegal box 18, he sighted Ighalo in the box and tried to square for him only to be cut off for a corner.

Had Musa gone on his run, he would have reached the box and possibly scored. He is that fast but he decided to pass to a better positioned teammate in Ighalo not minding that this same Ighalo had ignored him in similar circumstances in the first half.

That was matured class from Musa and I told Yara Yara to note it down very keenly. Musa is our best forward and thinks for the good of the team even more now than before.

exactly...against Burundi though.

I really fear for Ighalo should Oshimen get to start against Madagascar and he score goals and assist...forget it.
he may become Rohr's favourite...
if Rohr can bench mikel and troost he can bench anyone..
the man wanna win afcon too

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 11:31am On Jun 28, 2019
Earthquake3:

Unfortunately transfermkt is more of an authority on these matters than you

Unfortunately where denis suarez have been playing for barca and arsenal matters than you.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 11:31am On Jun 28, 2019
Earthquake3:

What competition, Guendozi and Elneny?
chai ..bro. I tire for you o
Suarez is competing with Micki,Iwobi and Ozil .. Elneny and Mateo are DM Before you disagree,I be diehard arsenal fan o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 11:31am On Jun 28, 2019
forgiveness:

The Ogu I know is not the same Ogu of today. No wahala, let the coach play him.
Lol.... where did you know ogu from pls

(1) (2) (3) ... (6357) (6358) (6359) (6360) (6361) (6362) (6363) ... (16193) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Bbdot(m), Sugarboyy(m), sureleads and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.