Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,435 members, 7,846,792 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 12:00 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6423) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11840681 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6420) (6421) (6422) (6423) (6424) (6425) (6426) ... (16240) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 10:23pm On Jul 02, 2019
krattoss:
u forgot we got Pinnick at the helm of affairs over there wink
yes. .he is at the helm of affairs but I doubt he has that much influence though
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 10:23pm On Jul 02, 2019
Joebie:
And our 2013 set can't even dream of AFCON. Iheanacho and Success barely missed out grin
and is that Rhor's fault?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:24pm On Jul 02, 2019
Curtisaxel7:
Ladies and gentlemen, this is the end of the road. If we miraculously survive Cameroon, we are up against Egypt on home ground. And there is simply no bloody way we're getting past them. Not with a dumb archaic septuagenarian at the helms. From this moment, I don commot mind from SE and AFCON, I just dey wait make season start.

I only pity the young talented players (Osimhen, Henry et al) who are being robbed of the opportunity to use this tournament as a launching pad for thier careers. It's such a pity.

The upside to this is that the NFF will be forced to sack Rohr for disgracing us before the world. Bye bye Onigbinde!

Lol why are you making Cameroon look like a good team ?

You are funny brother

That's how many of you guys said we won't qualify for the World Cup because if African champions cameroun
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:25pm On Jul 02, 2019
jihday:
if this thread was available in 2013 you could have bet your whole life that we won't go pass the knockout round

99.9% of Nigerians had that bet, even the NFF bought our flight tickets before the match, so dont use that as a yardstick, the odds were so stacked against us.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:26pm On Jul 02, 2019
KevinDein:

Finishing as one of the best third place team comes with a number of disadvantages and having fewer rest days is one of such.

All teams were aware of that from the start.

Cameroon furnished second and get just 4 days rest...

Amway it's an added advantage to us...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 10:26pm On Jul 02, 2019
AIG07:
Who else saw the match between England and UsA?

I don't know when we will get to see an African team play like that.

The rest of the world aside Oceania are heads and shoulder ahead of us in the round leather game.

This US female team may even old Rohr's eagle to a goalless draw. cool

France female team will beat the SE with a slim margin, maybe 1-0 or so. U.S female team will wallop and brutalize the SE completely.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 10:27pm On Jul 02, 2019
Danielnino00:

Just imagine ..I mean just imagine if South Africa beat Egypt? grin
Ala ti o leshe...

Nigeria vs Egypt
Senegal vs Morocco
Ivory coast vs Ghana
Congo vs Algeria
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 10:28pm On Jul 02, 2019
Curtisaxel7:

France female team will beat the SE with a slim margin, maybe 1-0 or so. U.S female team will wallop and brutalize the SE completely.
han han Fear God na, Oga ooo...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 10:28pm On Jul 02, 2019
andrew444:

So if we top our group dr Congo is the easy team you guys prayed for us to meet ?

Who can bet with me that dr Congo will eliminate Madagascar ?

Dr Congo will even give us more problem more than cameroun
I agree

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sainty92: 10:32pm On Jul 02, 2019
Curtisaxel7:

Same France that couldn't beat a below average super falcons cleanly or another France?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 10:34pm On Jul 02, 2019
ChrisKels:

99.9% of Nigerians had that bet, even the NFF bought our flight tickets before the match, so dont use that as a yardstick, the odds were so stacked against us.
this set is not even half as bad as 2013 was during the group games, why so much negativity?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:34pm On Jul 02, 2019
Curtisaxel7:

What if I told u that this USA women team once lost to Dallas FC u-15 boys team in a friendly?
what if I told u that the super falcons lost to a non league u-16 boys team during their pre AWCON game?

Men and women don't have the same body structure or composure as far as sport is concerned.
It's like saying Elaine Thompson will beat our own Divine Oburududu in a 100m race because she is a world champion and Divine isn't grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by owbabs: 10:37pm On Jul 02, 2019
andrew444:

So if we top our group dr Congo is the easy team you guys prayed for us to meet ?

Who can bet with me that dr Congo will eliminate Madagascar ?

Dr Congo will even give us more problem more than cameroun
Madagascar will beat them. Wanna bet?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by KevinDein: 10:37pm On Jul 02, 2019
I was on a neutral forum and everyone over there was certain Cameroon will be playing Egypt in the quarters. I mean this Cameroon isn't even decent yet everyone seems certain they'll beat us; not that I believe them but it just shows how much of a meme team we are under Rohr.

Depressing.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:38pm On Jul 02, 2019
Suddenly it's looking as if some people here have developed a deep hatred for the super eagles after the defeat...Either because of their dislike for Rohr or their desperation to see their prediction come to pass so they can tell us "I told you so"

Y'all better chill. The other teams at this tournament didn't come to hawk garri..they came to compete. .they came to win....
Its not like we have been winning the AFCON back to back since we started playing!
We didn't even qualify for the last edition and now that we are back, you expect us to carry the trophy home like that...

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:39pm On Jul 02, 2019
My preferred eleven and set up for the Super Eagles next game. However, I know Rohr is not thinking this way.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:40pm On Jul 02, 2019
owbabs:

Madagascar will beat them. Wanna bet?

Make we dey see nah ,na here we dey

You think Madagascar is a good team because they won eagles abi ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by facts1234: 10:41pm On Jul 02, 2019
One of the best attacking MidFielders we have in this Country is Kelechi Nwakali. Please go back and watch Nigeria Vs athletico Madrid and confirm what am saying. Not every footballer flourishes at the club stage before national football. How many of our best generation players of 1994 started with big European clubs?

We identified talent in Kelechi Nwakali. Why wasn't he given time to blend and flourish with the Super Eagles? Had we given him some more time, he would have developed so much.

Secondly, sometimes we choose players because of their unique strengths. Musa Mohammed is a good crosser of the ball, he also takes well calculated long shots , he is also good in taking free kicks. He was not a bad defender too.Why wasn't he given a chance like Awaziem? Awaziem was also not so spectacular as a defender in GWG at the beginning. Simon Moses did a lot of work covering his angle in the match against Guinea.

Why was Musa Mohammed abandoned? Had we included him all these while, he would have evolved into our set-piece taker by now. Free kicks, alone, win matches. I feel sad when I remember how we jettisoned Musa Muhammad and the likes. These are hungry players.

Someone would say; National team is not a place for grooming players. I ask you: What has the European Groomed players brought you? What we need are talented players that are hungry for success.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 10:41pm On Jul 02, 2019
the way Rohr is being bashed up and down,left and right just dey make me feel for the man. somebody just called him .. Caucasian Ladan Bosso....
why...? pity the man small fah

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by owbabs: 10:42pm On Jul 02, 2019
Danielnino00:
Suddenly it's looking as if some people here have developed a deep hatred for the super eagles after the defeat...Either because of their dislike for Rohr or their desperation to see their prediction come to pass so they can tell us "I told you so"

Y'all better chill. The other teams at this tournament didn't come to hawk garri..they came to complete. .they came to win....
Its not like we have been winning the AFCON back to back since we started playing!
We didn't even qualify for the last edition and now that we are back, you expect us to carry the trophy home like that...
An average European team would win the AFCON back to back. Nigeria should not be struggling given the calibre of personnel. We are underachieving.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:42pm On Jul 02, 2019
Danielnino00:

Y'all better chill. The other teams at this tournament didn't come to hawk garri..they came to complete. .they came to win....

Lol

Tell dem
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:43pm On Jul 02, 2019
TheGoodJoe:
My preferred eleven and set up for the Super Eagles next game. However, I know Rohr is not thinking this way.

Balogun back to the bench after his mistake ba ?

I am really flabbergasted

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:44pm On Jul 02, 2019
owbabs:

An average European team would win the AFCON back to back. Nigeria should not be struggling given the calibre of personnel. We are underachieving.

Like Poland or Iceland abi ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by owbabs: 10:44pm On Jul 02, 2019
andrew444:

Make we dey see nah ,na here we dey

You think Madagascar is a good team because they won eagles abi ?
They look strong enough to take down some major teams in this competition. DRC will hold possession Madagascar will play on the counter.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:47pm On Jul 02, 2019
facts1234:
One of the best attacking MidFielders we have in this Country is Kelechi Nwakali. Please go back and watch Nigeria Vs athletico Madrid and confirm what am saying. Not every footballer flourishes at the club stage before national football. How many of our best generation players of 1994 started with big European clubs?

We identified talent in Kelechi Nwakali. Why wasn't he given time to blend and flourish with the Super Eagles? Had we given him some more time, he would have developed so much.

Secondly, sometimes we choose players because of their unique strengths. Musa Mohammed is a good crosser of the ball, he also takes well calculated long shots , he is also good in taking free kicks. He was not a bad defender too.Why wasn't he given a chance like Awaziem? Awaziem was also not so spectacular as a defender in GWG at the beginning. Simon Moses did a lot of work covering his angle in the match against Guinea.

Why was Musa Mohammed abandoned? Had we included him all these while, he would have evolved into our set-piece taker by now. Free kicks, alone, win matches. I feel sad when I remember how we jettisoned Musa Muhammad and the likes. These are hungry players.

Someone would say; National team is not a place for grooming players. I ask you: What has the European Groomed players brought you? What we need are talented players that are hungry for success.

Bros na play you dey

If you are not doing well for your club you don't deserve national team

Nwakali is crap at the moment ,una no go let us hear for because he score against Atletico Madrid

See as you dey analyze football ,chai

Musa Mohammed in eagles ?

Continue you hear

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:48pm On Jul 02, 2019
owbabs:

We have good players no doubt... but our opponents don't have an all crappy team either...they didn't come here to hand us the trophy.. we have to fight for it!!

Seriously people should quit whying and get behind the team!!
England were knocked out of Euro 2016 by an unknown Iceland team but did that end the English national team? No!!!

Let's get behind the team...it's what we are supposed to do as fans...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ThanosKilla(m): 10:48pm On Jul 02, 2019
ChrisKels:

It doesn't matter what positions ur youngsters play, as long as they are better than the older ones, play them... Keshi did it with Omeruo and Onazi in 2013. Guess who is partnering Mola Wague in the Malian defense, Kiki Kouyate, a player who was shuttling btwn Mali btwn U17 & U20 from 2014 through 2015
At least 7 players of Mali's starting 11 were first time starters in this Afcon yet they played so well. Rohr don tire me, I swear.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 10:48pm On Jul 02, 2019
You know, I said that one underdog will make the Semi-final and we might not make it past the quarter-final

Make we dey watch
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:49pm On Jul 02, 2019
owbabs:

They look strong enough to take down some major teams in this competition. DRC will hold possession Madagascar will play on the counter.

Okay let's watch and see
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:49pm On Jul 02, 2019
darkelf:
You know, I said that one underdog will make the Semi-final and we might not make it past the quarter-final

Make we dey watch

Dr Congo will make semi final
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 10:49pm On Jul 02, 2019
andrew444:

Bros na play you dey

If you are not doing well for your club you don't deserve national team

Nwakali is crap at the moment ,una no go let us hear for because he score against Atletico Madrid

See as you dey analyze football ,chai

Musa Mohammed in eagles ?

Continue you hear

He took a time machine to the past and the machine broke down, so he is stranded there

grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:50pm On Jul 02, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Looks good on paper.

But may I ask why u didn't include Iwobi?

I don't think Ndidi and Etebo can control the midfield here..Ndidi can hold his own but not Etebo .his ball distribution are rather poor....

(1) (2) (3) ... (6420) (6421) (6422) (6423) (6424) (6425) (6426) ... (16240) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Truidstarr, TheGoodJoe(m), Marjoribanks and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.