Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,413 members, 7,846,742 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6424) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11840332 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6421) (6422) (6423) (6424) (6425) (6426) (6427) ... (16240) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ThanosKilla(m): 10:50pm On Jul 02, 2019
Joebie:
dash Osimhen to another african team, and watch their coach utilize him well.

Word
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:51pm On Jul 02, 2019
darkelf:

He took a time machine to the past and the machine broke down, so he is stranded there

grin

Lols
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 10:51pm On Jul 02, 2019
only if we support our national team the way we support our various clubs, one is even praying we exit at the quarter finals so he can come and say 'I no tell una'

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 10:53pm On Jul 02, 2019
Danielnino00:
Suddenly it's looking as if some people here have developed a deep hatred for the super eagles after the defeat...Either because of their dislike for Rohr or their desperation to see their prediction come to pass so they can tell us "I told you so"

Y'all better chill. The other teams at this tournament didn't come to hawk garri..they came to compete. .they came to win....
Its not like we have been winning the AFCON back to back since we started playing!
We didn't even qualify for the last edition and now that we are back, you expect us to carry the trophy home like that...

Based on your bolded statement, are you saying that:

1 Our boys are average at best?

2 We can't make it past the quarter-finals?

3 Rohr should remain in the event that no 2 happens?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:54pm On Jul 02, 2019
Danielnino00:

What if I told u that this USA women team once lost to Dallas FC u-15 boys team in a friendly?
what if I told u that the super falcons lost to a non league u-16 boys team during their pre AWCON game?

Men and women don't have the same body structure or composure as far as sport is concerned.
It's like saying Elaine Thompson will beat our own Divine Oburududu in a 100m race because she is a world champion and Divine isn't grin

U are wrong at the bolded Danny, it is not related to soccer and gender at all. This is a race, the fastest person wins. Wait oo, has Divine ever beaten Elain's personal best(timing)?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:55pm On Jul 02, 2019
andrew444:

Bros na play you dey

If you are not doing well for your club you don't deserve national team

Nwakali is crap at the moment ,una no go let us hear for because he score against Atletico Madrid

See as you dey analyze football ,chai

Musa Mohammed in eagles ?

Continue you hear

I don talk am before na.. Most Nigerians just watch football, they don't follow the game!! ... I can bet my goatee that most people didn't even know where Nwakali was playing before he featured in that Atletico game. they didn't even know he played for Porto B last season.. it's just the Atletico game they remember...
Nwakali should step up and put in some hard work during the pre season so arsenal can get him a better club this summer...the talent is there no doubt,but it needs more polishing.

As for Musa Mohammed, that boy was seen as the future of our RB.. he went to Croatia and that was it...
Where is he now self
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:57pm On Jul 02, 2019
darkelf:

Number 1 question...yes our boys re average at best

Number 2,...Egypt vs Nigeria game is 50/50...nothing too special aside been d host,like I av always said ,na only eagles fit beat eagles(just like we did against Madagascar smiley)

Number 3...dts left for d NFF to decide cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ThanosKilla(m): 10:58pm On Jul 02, 2019
AIG07:
Who else saw the match between England and UsA?

I don't know when we will get to see an African team play like that.

The rest of the world aside Oceania are heads and shoulder ahead of us in the round leather game.

This US female team may even old Rohr's eagle to a goalless draw. cool
I was thrilled all through.
It's been said here many times - you can't give what you don't have. We don't just have what it takes. No infrastructure, no functioning league.... My brother, the least is endless.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:01pm On Jul 02, 2019
ChrisKels:

U are wrong at the bolded Danny, it is not related to soccer and gender at all. This is a race, the fastest person wins. Wait oo, has Divine ever beaten Elain's personal best(timing)?

Elaine's personal best record is 10.70s ...

Divine's is 9.95s ....

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 11:01pm On Jul 02, 2019
TheGoodJoe:
My preferred eleven and set up for the Super Eagles next game. However, I know Rohr is not thinking this way.
I would bring in Simon for Kalu due to former being fitter and more defensive . Kalu may be introduced later. Onuachu should start while Osimehn can come in later . His height will give us a good advantage if we can fully utilize it. Also Iwobi should start in place of Onyekuru ...I think we need somebody to link the MF to the attack. Iwobi fits this role cos that was where he normally played at club level.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 11:01pm On Jul 02, 2019
elyte89:

Number 1 question...yes our boys re average at best

Number 2,...Egypt vs Nigeria game is 50/50...nothing too special aside been d host,like I av always said ,na only eagles fit beat eagles(just like we did against Madagascar smiley)

Number 3...dts left for d NFF to decide cool

I agree with your first answer

Your second answer: Salah would put the nail in the coffin of our boys. We don't have any answer to him.

NFF knows what to do should we crash out. Rohr won't bring us titles. The limit of his abilities is qualifying for tournaments and that's it
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 11:03pm On Jul 02, 2019
ThanosKilla:

I was thrilled all through.
It's been said here many times - you can't give what you don't have. We don't just have what it takes. No infrastructure, no functioning league.... My brother, the least is endless.

I agree with you totally
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:04pm On Jul 02, 2019
darkelf:

Before I answer ur question.. let me use the Nigerian format of replying a question with a question first...
And God bear witness that if u lie, he will judge u!!!

Tell me ...When we were drawn to face Ivory coast in the quarter final in 2013, with majority of our squad members being young and inexperienced (as per the AFCON) , and coupled with our poor performance in the group stage. Did u believe we would beat Ivory coast??

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:08pm On Jul 02, 2019
Danielnino00:

Elaine's personal best record is 10.70s ...

Divine's is 9.95s ....

He hasn't beaten it. If Devine cant match her personal best, then, the argument holds no water. Like I said earlier, track events are very different from soccer that requires more minutes and contacts.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:12pm On Jul 02, 2019
darkelf:

Your second answer: Salah would put the nail in the coffin of our boys. We don't have any answer to him.

NFF knows what to do should we crash out. Rohr won't bring us titles. The limit of his abilities is qualifying for tournaments and that's it

Salah would do no shit. Bookmark this post. Yes I dont like Rohr but if we pass the plantainian's hurdle, we would beat Egypt plus Salah join
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 11:14pm On Jul 02, 2019
Danielnino00:

Before I answer ur question.. let me use the Nigerian format of replying a question with a question first...
And God bear witness that if u lie, he will judge u!!!

Tell me ...When we were drawn to face Ivory coast in the quarter final in 2013, with majority of our squad members being young and inexperienced (as per the AFCON) , and coupled with our poor performance in the group stage. Did u believe we would beat Ivory coast??

Guy, na football we dey talk for here, no need to take it personal and be all emotive grin cheesy

Now to your question, I did not. Now answer my question. But don't worry about the consequences of lying. Your conscience should be enough to judge you grin cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 11:15pm On Jul 02, 2019
ChrisKels:

Salah would do no shit. Bookmark this post. Yes I dont like Rohr but if we pass the plantainian's hurdle, we would beat Egypt plus Salah join

The Egyptian King...Okay ooo

Make we dey watch. That is if we get past cameroon
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:19pm On Jul 02, 2019
ChrisKels:

He hasn't beaten it. If Devine cant match her personal best, then, the argument holds no water. Like I said earlier, track events are very different from soccer that requires more minutes and contacts.

I don't get u o..

Divine ran 9.95s this year while Elaine's personal best of all time is 10.70s ...
Mind u, divine will only turn full Pro this year!
How has he not been her record?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:20pm On Jul 02, 2019
ChrisKels:

don't get u o..

Divine ran 9.95s this year while Elaine's personal best of all time is 10.70s ...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:24pm On Jul 02, 2019
Danielnino00:

don't get u o..

Sorry I misconstrued ur post. I felt Devine's was 10.70 while Elaine's was 9.95. Man we've got a gem in that Devine guy. Oya tell me, under whose umbrella is he racing? Just hope dis aint another AJ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:26pm On Jul 02, 2019
darkelf:

Guy, na football we dey talk for here, no need to take it personal and be all emotive grin cheesy

Now to your question, I did not. Now answer my question. But don't worry about the consequences of lying. Your conscience should be enough to judge you grin cheesy

Your no.1 and 2 question has the same answer. and it's directly related to ur answer to my question. This squad of ours is talented but young and inexperienced same with the 2013 set.. The same way u doubted the 2013 set is what u are doing with this current set....
The same criticism u are throwing at Rohr now is the same u threw at Keshi after our group games in 2013!
Guess what, Keshi's team turned it all around and emerged champions. Why don't u have some faith in this team too?
Did the events of 2013 not teach u anything at all? ..
I just smh for u .

Well as regard ur last question,hell no!! either they get him a tactically sound assistant or sack him!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:31pm On Jul 02, 2019
ChrisKels:

Sorry I misconstrued ur post. I felt Devine's was 10.70 while Elaine's was 9.95. Man we've got a gem in that Devine guy. Oya tell me, under whose umbrella is he racing? Just hope dis aint another AJ?

Last time I checked he ran for us at the last Africa athletic championship... Since he moved to the US he has really improved.. that's proof that we have talents scattered across the country but lack the infrastructure and technical know how to harness them...
For now, he is still with us.. Might even run for us at the all Africa games... But given the fact that athletes can switch nationality anytime, I'm not sure how long we will hold him...
One of those talentles, money spinning Arab country may soon come for him...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:32pm On Jul 02, 2019
In other news,Leicester are close to signing Newcastle striker Ayoze Perez for £30m ....

Bad times for Iheanacho??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 11:33pm On Jul 02, 2019
Danielnino00:

Your no.1 and 2 question has the same answer. and it's directly related to ur answer to my question. This squad of ours is talented but young and inexperienced same with the 2013 set.. The same way u doubted the 2013 set is what u are doing with this current set....
The same criticism u are throwing at Rohr now is the same u threw at Keshi after our group games in 2013!
Guess what, Keshi's team turned it all around and emerged champions. Why don't u have some faith in this team too?
Did the events of 2013 not teach u anything at all? ..
I just smh for u .

Well as regard ur last question,hell no!! either they get him a tactically sound assistant or sack him!
that was keshi nah... keshi is a better tactician than rohr.
Rohr is just reaping from the talents at his disposal...tactically he is very poor
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 11:35pm On Jul 02, 2019
andrew444:

Lol why are you making Cameroon look like a good team ?

You are funny brother

That's how many of you guys said we won't qualify for the World Cup because if African champions cameroun
but wetin rohr dey do nor good nahhh reason am.
the man nor wan help himself at all... tactically he is clueless.
to be honest bulk of the blame in the last match should goes to him...

i used to think german,dutch and spanish coaches are tactically sound but rohr
own nor another ball game.

how we go survive win afcon with this ineptitude ?
the man nor even get liver self... fear fear
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:38pm On Jul 02, 2019
Danielnino00:

Last time I checked he ran for us at the last Africa athletic championship... Since he moved to the US he has really improved.. that's proof that we have talents scattered across the country but lack the infrastructure and technical know how to harness them...
For now, he is still with us.. Might even run for us at the all Africa games... But given the fact that athletes can switch nationality anytime, I'm not sure how long we will hold him...
One of those talentles, money spinning Arab country may soon come for him...

Danny tell me the truth from the deepest recess of ur heart, if u were Devine and those Arab moguls came calling, would u think twice before ditching the GWG?

Remember, as rich as Dangote is, my man still dey find money grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 11:38pm On Jul 02, 2019
Curtisaxel7:

France female team will beat the SE with a slim margin, maybe 1-0 or so. U.S female team will wallop and brutalize the SE completely.
Lol.... i believe some guys here knows tactics more than ROHR
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 11:39pm On Jul 02, 2019
Danielnino00:
In other news,Leicester are close to signing Newcastle striker Ayoze Perez for £30m ....

Bad times for Iheanacho??

For those that aid Brendan Rodgers would give him a full season to prove critics wrong, I predicted this would happen after the Man-City miss.

Now on to turkey cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by cc12(m): 11:43pm On Jul 02, 2019
He does it most times if not every time, he has gone under the 10 seconds barrier in 100 metres dash

ChrisKels:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bossto(m): 11:47pm On Jul 02, 2019
darkelf:

My friend, I wonder if you believe in yourself.
So because sallah is in their team they should win.....why do you underate us so much and overrate every one else..
Sallah is not Messi and football is a team sports!!!..
Based on ur logic messi should have won every trophy with the Argentine team because no defender has his tablets!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:52pm On Jul 02, 2019
ChrisKels:

Danny tell me the truth from the deepest recess of ur heart, if u were Devine and those Arab moguls came calling, would u think twice before ditching the GWG?

Remember, as rich as Dangote is, my man still dey find money grin

Do I even have to think once?
I dy mad? grin

I love this country but I love myself more... Make Divine go where he go excel abeg...since our government have refused to wake up we will just keep losing the people who can help us rebuild this country to other serious countries...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 11:52pm On Jul 02, 2019
Humility017:

Lol.... i believe some guys here knows tactics more than ROHR

Undoubtedly. Rohr's tactical knowledge is not even up to that of the average TV sports analyst.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6421) (6422) (6423) (6424) (6425) (6426) (6427) ... (16240) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Meliforme, Amedino99(m), dijon, Taazenga(m), charlesemeka85(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.