Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,713 members, 7,813,358 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:13 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6445) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11626694 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6442) (6443) (6444) (6445) (6446) (6447) (6448) ... (16135) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:07pm On Jul 04, 2019
yes they are afraid of us. our players know we would just walk over them.
that' how one moniker said Ghana was battling and sweating it out so as to avoid us in the second round.. grin
aniomafirstson:
I am not underrating them but most of the comments I see here are irritating.
Psychologically they are afraid of the Nigerian team weather we like to admit or not and I don't even see anything spectacular about their gameplay.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:12pm On Jul 04, 2019
komekn:

This particular situation defies rational, why has
Kayode Olanrewaju not been called up to the SE.

It's something I don't understand though he did nothing this season to deserve a call. His inability to anything had nothing to do with his ability but the two months injury he sustained and 2 matches suspension.

Unfortunately, by the time he came back, the guy they quickly got on loan to take his pending the time he recovers from injury was banging goals in every matches. That added to him getting little game time.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 5:20pm On Jul 04, 2019
aniomafirstson:
I am not underrating them but most of the comments I see here are irritating.
Psychologically they are afraid of the Nigerian team weather we like to admit or not and I don't even see anything spectacular about their gameplay.

Neither is there anything spectacular about ours

See ehn...this game is a battle of physique and grit and not necessarily tactics since both team haven't really been impressive tactically

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 5:21pm On Jul 04, 2019
Joebie:
I don't really care about big names, but it's surprising how they got both Kluivert and Seedorf on their technical crew.
It's not something Nigeria would normally pull off.

You're right

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 5:43pm On Jul 04, 2019
darkelf:

You're right

oga Nigeria will beat Cameroon come this weekend...
my only fear is Egypt that await us...

kluivert obviously learnt nothing from Louis Van Gaal... him and seedorf are the worst Dutch coaches I have seen since a decade now.

we will beat them....

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:47pm On Jul 04, 2019
Is Rohr better than Kluivert and Seedorf combined? grin

Humility017:

oga Nigeria will beat Cameroon come this weekend...
my only fear is Egypt that await us...

kluivert obviously learnt nothing from Louis Van Gaal... him and seedorf are the worst Dutch coaches I have seen since a decade now.

we will beat them....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 5:48pm On Jul 04, 2019
forgiveness:

When did Rohr say "we don't have striker good enough" to the media?

all this news flying around can't all be lies.
there is something really happening in that camp....

and for Ighalo anything to bench him is welcom by me....
he should get 30 mins that day if possible.
chuks and musa should start...and Aina should play RB and Collins LB with balogun and omeruo starting as CBs

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 5:51pm On Jul 04, 2019
Joebie:
Is Rohr better than Kluivert and Seedorf combined? grin

No...but we have a team better than Cameroon national team.

in potentials and abilities the super eagles is better....
all we need do is to play oshimen as CF put in ighalo in the last 30 mins.
musa and chuks on both flanks...
Iwobi on the 10 role... Aina play the RB and Collins LB and Balogun/Ekong and omeruo play the CBs role.

we can get some results with this.... kalu/Henry can come in later to outrun the Cameroonian defense...Simon Moses can come in as a 10 also for iwobi if he gets tired.

this is not to disrespect ROHR I believe I can do better with this team...
this white expatriates are scamming us

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:54pm On Jul 04, 2019
We had a team better than Madagascar, Burundi and Guinea and we have been convincing. Thank you.
And the Cameroonians don't have substitutions they can make as well.
Just take Rohr's position for the match and it will raise my hopes.

Humility017:

Iwobi on the 10 role... Aina play the RB and Collins LB and Balogun/Ekong and omeruo play the CBs role.

we can get some results with this.... kalu/Henry can come in later to outrun the Cameroonian defense...Simon Moses can come in as a 10 also for iwobi if he gets tired.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 5:56pm On Jul 04, 2019
Joebie:
We had a team better than Madagascar, Burundi and Guinea and we have been convincing. Thank you.
And the Cameroonians don't have substitutions they can make as well.
Just take Rohr's position for the match and it will raise my hopes.

bro...Rohr is just the problem of that team..
I wish one of us here can take over his job just for this afcon.

Egypt can't beat us if we really play to our potentials but Rohr is just the problem.

I expect him to be sacked later next week after loosing to Egypt.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by phamarsenal: 5:58pm On Jul 04, 2019
I had to watch d highlight BTW super eagles and Cameroon, where we defeated dem 4nil, wit virtually almost d same squad DAT we HV nw apart from some few changes here and dere...BT d most notable difference BTW d present squad and d other one is d absence of a certain victor moses, his trickery and pace on d wings and surprisingly his unselfishness was a thorn in d flesh of d indomitable lions. I don't wanna say we miss him, even though he would HV been a good addition to d squad BT I believe DAT we HV similar players DAT can do damage to d Cameroonians even though dey r quite young. He has to start either chukwueze or onyrkuru on Saturday because dey can stretch DAT defence and open up opportunities for others to score. BT if he decides to play safe like he always does, den am afraid we should jst start to book our flight tickets back home because dere is no way we would win if dat match goes to penalties, not with DAT Cameroon goalkeeper

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:00pm On Jul 04, 2019
grin
Humility017:

Egypt can't beat us if we really play to our potentials but Rohr is just the problem.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by markfemisgay: 6:01pm On Jul 04, 2019
phamarsenal:
I had to watch d highlight BTW super eagles and Cameroon, where we defeated dem 4nil, wit virtually almost d same squad DAT we HV nw apart from some few changes here and dere...BT d most notable difference BTW d present squad and d other one is d absence of a certain victor moses, his trickery and pace on d wings and surprisingly his unselfishness was a thorn in d flesh of d indomitable lions. I don't wanna say we miss him, even though he would HV been a good addition to d squad BT I believe DAT we HV similar players DAT can do damage to d Cameroonians even though dey r quite young. He has to start either chukwueze or onyrkuru on Saturday because dey can stretch DAT defence and open up opportunities for others to score. BT if he decides to play safe like he always does, den am afraid we should jst start to book our flight tickets back home because dere is no way we would win if dat match goes to penalties, not with DAT Cameroon goalkeeper
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:02pm On Jul 04, 2019
you never know Akpeyi might just be the hero of the day grin
phamarsenal:

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 6:02pm On Jul 04, 2019
ChrisKels:

I loved the no. 11, Pius Ndiefi. I have never seen a player more handsome and tall, though our own Simon Moses is giving him a run for his money.

Ndiefi was very quick and rugged then, to me then, Ikedia, though headless, was our own version. Same surname, height, agility et al grin

What's ur problem with Moses Simon?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by phamarsenal: 6:02pm On Jul 04, 2019
Humility017:

Hmm everyone is mentioning Egypt as if southafrica is a pushover, d Egyptians to me HV not been spectacular on this tournament, d only tin going for dem is DAT massive crowd beind dem...I won't b supriaed if we witness an upset on Saturday
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by phamarsenal: 6:03pm On Jul 04, 2019
Joebie:
you never know Akpeyi might just be the hero of the day grin
Lolz I pray so
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:04pm On Jul 04, 2019
I think it's a fellow North African team that will beat Egypt. And my prediction is Algeria.

phamarsenal:

Hmm everyone is mentioning Egypt as if southafrica is a pushover, d Egyptians to me HV not been spectacular on this tournament, d only tin going for dem is DAT massive crowd beind dem...I won't b supriaed if we witness an upset on Saturday
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 6:06pm On Jul 04, 2019
OMANBALA1:

I am just imagining how Iwobi will orchestrate the midfield with imposing presence of the Cameroonians. This match is more than just having the right tactics....This match will be a pure test of mental strength, which the Cameroonians have in abundance. Like somebody rightly put...we have team spirit but no team play. Well, in as much as I want us to win this team has been a disappointment so far unless Rohr changes tactics.

Iwobi has this habit of starting games slowly and gassing out quickly. against a rugged Cameroon team, I fear what would happen...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:10pm On Jul 04, 2019
phamarsenal:

south Africa is not capable of beating them...not at all.
if Uganda can't beat Egypt south Africa can't...

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 6:12pm On Jul 04, 2019
TheSuperNerd:

Even the Italians are in their season of transition but the likes of Chiesa, Kean, Tonali and co give them hopes for the long term.

Exactly. We need to have another generation like that of Japan 93.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by phamarsenal: 6:16pm On Jul 04, 2019
Danielnino00:

Iwobi has this habit of starting games slowly and gassing out quickly. against a rugged Cameroon team, I fear what would happen...
To me it's in d midfield department rohr really messed up, jst look at how thin our midfield is...wat if sometin happens to iwobi or ndidi, who replaces dem
They r not messi or ronaldo, BT look at how d midfield collapsed in dere absence during d Madagascar game especially in d first half.
Rohr or whoever takes charge of d super eagles need to really work on DAT department, if we can't get players playing abroad, den we should look at d homebased.. Late keshi took Sunday mba, and it won us d afcon

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 6:20pm On Jul 04, 2019
Danielnino00:

Mikel would have done the job but he is a mess in this tournament and Iwobi leaves much to desire. We can forget that midfield until the nations cup is over.Ndidi passing abilities lack the quality to control the midfield and Etebo is undefined.

I want to see Azubike Okechukwu play with Ndidi....Zuby is more gifted than all the DM we parade, including Ndidi. Zuby can match forward with the ball and dictate play something Ndidi is yet to normalize.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 6:21pm On Jul 04, 2019
phamarsenal:

To me it's in d midfield department rohr really messed up, jst look at how thin our midfield is...wat if sometin happens to iwobi or ndidi, who replaces dem
They r not messi or ronaldo, BT look at how d midfield collapsed in dere absence during d Madagascar game especially in d first half.
Rohr or whoever takes charge of d super eagles need to really work on DAT department, if we can't get players playing abroad, den we should look at d homebased.. Late keshi took Sunday mba, and it won us d afcon

Rohr has been sticking with Ndidi, Mikel,Ogu and Etebo as his midfielders,while giving little chance for others like Uche Agbo to compete... He invited Ebere Eze to train with the team in London when d guy was relatively unknown but refused to call him up when he hit form with QPR ....
He is obviously not innovative like we think...He prefers to stick with his loyal boys...

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 6:25pm On Jul 04, 2019
Danielnino00:

Rohr has been sticking with Ndidi, Mikel,Ogu and Etebo as his midfielders,while giving little chance for others like Uche Agbo to compete... He invited Ebere Eze to train with the team in London when d guy was relatively unknown but refused to call him up when he hit form with QPR ....
He is obviously not innovative like we think...He prefers to stick with his loyal boys...

I don't think what we need now is a DM in Agbo because we have that in numbers and Agbo has not been particularly spectacular. We need a 10 and a young one ,too.

I don't care if Rohr wins the nations cup or not I want him gone. We need an attack minded coach because we have decent defence.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 6:28pm On Jul 04, 2019
Humility017:

this is not to disrespect ROHR I believe I can do better with this team...
this white expatriates are scamming us

Do you know Rohr singlehandedly assembled this team?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 6:29pm On Jul 04, 2019
IMO,Rohr isn't much different from our local coaches when it comes to players selection . Our local coaches selection are often influenced by nepotism, corruption and tribal sentiments but Rohr's is clearly based on loyalty which I feel is bad for the team. .

Look at Shehu. .Because he impressed during the World cup qualifiers Rohr decided to stick with him for long..despite having Aina and Ebuehi who are better and natural RBs ... His preference for Kalu obviously has to do with the Bordeaux connection .And he is still rewarding Musa for his world cup heroic that's why he doesn't want to give Onyekuru a chance to displace him..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jumxie(f): 6:31pm On Jul 04, 2019
Work with us @SportyLeagues

HomeWork With Us
Work With Us
Are you passionate about sports especially footballs? Do you follow leading sport blogs trying to keep up with major sports(Football) developments? Do you love writing and like to join the SportyLeagues team? If your answer is yes to all these questions, then we may have a job for you. We are looking for writers to work with on SportyLeagues– Africa’s leading football site.

The world that revolves around our site is in continuous growth and expansion, for this reason, we are always looking for new authors and publishers who are willing to become members of our team.

Joining the sportyleagues team is easy, just send your application using the email at the end of the page. The requisites are mainly two: love for sports and a written and fluent English.

Here is what we require:
Must have deep knowledge of sports and ability to analyse sports on your own. please don’t apply if you think sports is fun.
Previous writing experience, be it in a magazine, newspaper, blog or any other site dealing with sports .
Ability to churn out interesting and intelligent articles about breaking or latest sports developments in minutes
Ability to learn about new events in the world of football especially.

Objectivity: This job is not for people who think that anything running Android is perfect. Fanboys & girls should keep off
Ability to Work Alone. This job requires you to be working alone most of the time, probably from your home or wherever you feel comfortable. So the ability to manage your time and delivering X hours of posting per day is crucial
You must have a computer. A computer for the purpose of this job is any device with at least a 10-inch screen, a physical QWERTY keyboard, and at least one full-size USB port
Guidelines
Articles to be submitted must be original and be of high quality.
In the case that an article was approved and published but was later discovered to be plagiarized. It would be removed immediately, and the writer will not get paid for it.
Ensure grammatical flaws are reduced to the barest minimum; an article submitted for approval but with too much grammatical errors would be left unattended to or even trashed.
must be able to make a compelling description of the article in Yoast SEO.
You must be able to choose the best keyword and tags that suite your article
You must have a minimum of at least 2 high-quality images (minimum of 600 x 400px) in your article, if the image does not belong to you, it must be credited appropriately.
The best category must be selected for each article.
Articles containing affiliate links would be rejected. Link selling, link stuffing is prohibited.
Any link linking to your site and deemed not useful would be removed. Do not spam your article with too many external links.
Once your article is approved and published here, it automatically becomes the property of Sportyleagues and may not appear anywhere else.
The article must be a minimum of 500 words, except for news article that has a minimum of 300 words.
We will contact you once we have published your first article. Please bear in mind that this may take some time while it passes through our article quality system.
If you think you have all the required requirements, you have the desire to test yourself and you like the idea of being part of the Sportyleagues team contact us by simply using the email that you find at the end of this article

What you earn from working with SportyLeagues

Package 1: getting paid for your published articles you submit to us. Here, you will not be allowed to insert your Ad banner and links to any affiliate sites.

If you think this is you, send in an application with the subject, “Lagos sport Blogger” or “Canada Sport Blogger” or “India Sport Blogger” or “Abuja Sport Blogger” or “Kaduna Sport Blogger,” depending on where you live to Ogunmefun7@gmail.com[color=#990000][/color]. Include a short resume, relevant experience, schooling, and anything else you think will make you attractive to us.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 6:32pm On Jul 04, 2019
Danielnino00:
IMO,Rohr isn't much different from our local coaches when it comes to players selection . Our local coaches selection are often influenced by nepotism, corruption and tribal sentiments but Rohr's is clearly based on loyalty which I feel is bad for the team. .

Look at Shehu. .Because he impressed during the World cup qualifiers Rohr decided to stick with him for long..despite having Aina and Ebuehi who are better and natural RBs ... His preference for Kalu obviously has to do with the Bordeaux connection .And he is still rewarding Musa for his world cup heroic that's why he doesn't want to give Onyekuru a chance to displace him..

Look like what's going on. And that first goal against Cameroon in Nigeria sealed the top striker position for Ighalo....ever since then its either Ighalo or nobody. But, lets not forget he dropped Nacho
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by damagnificentusb(m): 6:53pm On Jul 04, 2019
phamarsenal:

The key difference between victor moses and chukwueze/oyekuru is that victor moses defensive contribution was immense.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by naturecures: 7:06pm On Jul 04, 2019
Super Eagles will defeat Cameroon CONVINCINGLY On 7th.
Quote this.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by phamarsenal: 7:07pm On Jul 04, 2019
damagnificentusb:

The key difference between victor moses and chukwueze/oyekuru is that victor moses defensive contribution was immense.
Ya he is contributed a lot defensively in DAT game..DAT is why I am proposing DAT rohr starts jst one of dem and d other can later come in as d match progresses... So DAT our fullbacks won't b exposed
I don't knw how fit Collins is BT I doubt rohr would wanna risk starting him in dis kinda match

(1) (2) (3) ... (6442) (6443) (6444) (6445) (6446) (6447) (6448) ... (16135) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: lbrichman2, KanielOutis92, elyte89 and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.