Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,764 members, 7,813,535 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:35 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6443) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11628505 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6440) (6441) (6442) (6443) (6444) (6445) (6446) ... (16135) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 12:45pm On Jul 04, 2019
Throw back to 2002 AFCON: when you have AFCON match by 2 and a basketball match by 5 grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 12:53pm On Jul 04, 2019
jihday:
Throw back to 2002 AFCON: when you have AFCON match by 2 and a basketball match by 5 grin

This guy, you be has boy.

Chai grin cheesy grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:07pm On Jul 04, 2019
Earthquake3:

She's a lesbian

Since when?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:10pm On Jul 04, 2019
jihday:

I think this was one of the most unforgettable jersey moments. I was in the states then and I knew a bunch of Americans who wanted to get their hands on that jersey. I they got fined but the money puma made definitely offset everything.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sportilitica: 1:11pm On Jul 04, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

I think this was one of the most unforgettable jersey moments. I was in the states then and I knew a bunch of Americans who wanted to get their hands on that jersey. I they got fined but the money puma made definitely offset everything.
That is not a jersey but a training kit. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 1:13pm On Jul 04, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

He should be ashamed of himself. A grown man hell bent on making a young kid look bad. This has gone on for years now and it is not cool at all.

The guy is annoying. To him ,every Nigeria youngster is a crap while English players rules. Onyekuru, Chukwueze and Osimhen quality dey pain am eh.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sportilitica: 1:18pm On Jul 04, 2019
My take on Osihmen, he is a decent player that can make a name for himself. To start him against Cameroon in my own opinion could backfire, and he might just fizzle away over time. He should have been used against Madagascar to be honest but it never happened. If I were to coach, I would not start Kalu against Cameroon neither would I start Onyekuru due to team synergy. However I will play Onyekuru latter in the game as he has the trickery and speed to cause them a lot of problems. Samu will start but with the instruction to make sure he plays to instruction of limited unnecessary dribbles and try to create as much as he can. My greatest worry is Awazeim as he will be up against a pacy Basogog. All being said, we should play the game with passion. I know people will not like to hear this but Mikel is needed in a match like this not as an AM but a DM.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 1:20pm On Jul 04, 2019
Peru defeated Chile 3:0 yesterday

See Naija mate. I mean we were ranked higher than these guys in the past na

What's happening with our football

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sportilitica: 1:21pm On Jul 04, 2019
OMANBALA1:

The guy is annoying. To him ,every Nigeria youngster is a crap while English players rules. Onyekuru, Chukwueze and Osimhen quality dey pain am eh.
He does exaggerate his English boys but what he said about Success and Nacho has come to pass so I would leave the emotional part and hope the new ones prove him wrong
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:27pm On Jul 04, 2019
Sportilitica:

That is not a jersey but a training kit. grin

Well they used it so it must be a jersey. The only thing sleeves are needed for is advertising. Tell me another reason why a player needs sleeves?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 1:40pm On Jul 04, 2019
jihday:

The legends of Jam body football
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by naturecures: 2:05pm On Jul 04, 2019
Nigerians expect the best of NDIDI, Madness is BALOGUN if pardoned the list will go on.

my concern is our Forward selection. Chai Rohr just need small IMO and get his tactics right. I trust the defence no !ore mistakes.

attack should just use their head. Plz Plz plz

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 2:08pm On Jul 04, 2019
naturecures:
Nigerians expect the best of NDIDI, Madness is BALOGUN if pardoned the list will go on.

my concern is our Forward selection. Chai Rohr just need to small IMO and tactics right. I trust the defence no !ore mistakes.

Try to communicate smiley

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by naturecures: 2:10pm On Jul 04, 2019
naturecures:

my concern is our Forward selection. Chai Rohr just need small IMO and get his tactics right. I trust the defence no !ore mistakes.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 2:20pm On Jul 04, 2019
jihday:
tbaba1234 have been absent for a while now, hope all is well

Haha, I am fine. I still dey vex for Gernot Rohr..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 2:33pm On Jul 04, 2019
tbaba1234:

Haha, I am fine. I still dey vex for Gernot Rohr..

So tbaba too dey laff grin grin,looks strange to me

Meanwhile rohr will convince u all on Saturday grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:38pm On Jul 04, 2019
jihday:

I loved the no. 11, Pius Ndiefi. I have never seen a player more handsome and tall, though our own Simon Moses is giving him a run for his money.

Ndiefi was very quick and rugged then, to me then, Ikedia, though headless, was our own version. Same surname, height, agility et al grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:46pm On Jul 04, 2019
Humility017:

egbon read very well before you quote me na.

I said those dribbling and beating of defenders is an asset if only the coach can teach the young man on what to do afterwards... we can get some creativity from there....

he can learn shot or pass the ball after such runs...

Okay na
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:46pm On Jul 04, 2019
https://www.nairaland.com/5281222/top-10-reasons-why-feel

See our nearest neighbour prediction. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 2:47pm On Jul 04, 2019
Rohr matter dun tire me. I have lost all interest in the outcome of the match. I still wish we win.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ifiokjohn(m): 2:58pm On Jul 04, 2019
Joebie:
Ghana topped their group. The commentator may have been saying that based on were the teams stood in the group at the time their games were in progress.

Ok..thank you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 3:01pm On Jul 04, 2019
TheSuperNerd:

She has been taken recently.... Sorry My Good man Kelly... You are late
oh no!!. Well overtaking is allows
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 3:02pm On Jul 04, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

Oga na married woman you dey eye so ooo grin
the matter weak me o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:04pm On Jul 04, 2019
My advice is that the players form an association both for home and foreign based. They should refuse to play any football until an agreement is reached for compensation. This should cover the league and all competitions. If the agreement is legally binding there will be less issues arising unnecessarily. This afcon situation simply happened because there was nothing put in place for the tournament unlike the World cup were everything was set in stone.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 3:05pm On Jul 04, 2019
DrKlever:
Rohr matter dun tire me. I have lost all interest in the outcome of the match. I still wish we win.

I am just imagining how Iwobi will orchestrate the midfield with imposing presence of the Cameroonians. This match is more than just having the right tactics....This match will be a pure test of mental strength, which the Cameroonians have in abundance. Like somebody rightly put...we have team spirit but no team play. Well, in as much as I want us to win this team has been a disappointment so far unless Rohr changes tactics.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 3:19pm On Jul 04, 2019
BascoVanVeli:
My advice is that the players form an association both for home and foreign based. They should refuse to play any football until an agreement is reached for compensation. This should cover the league and all competitions. If the agreement is legally binding there will be less issues arising unnecessarily. This afcon situation simply happened because there was nothing put in place for the tournament unlike the World cup were everything was set in stone.

But what is even the guarantee that if everything was set in atone like the WC, these players won't still underperform.

In Keahi's era, things were worse yet those guys performed significantly better.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:23pm On Jul 04, 2019
i doubt the authenticity of the report. New Telegraph if you check their recent history haven't always been favourably disposed to the current NFF so i always take their stories with a pinch of salt. it's natural for players coaches to have a go at each other after a humiliating loss. they should just make sure they transfer that anger and aggression to the pitch against the cameroonians.

it just occurred to me now how will a coach who defended ighalo and stuck by him after his world cup flop now turn around and say "we don't have a striker" even after scoring a goal in the tournament? makes no sense

TheSuperNerd:
If true, I hope this can make Rohr turn to Osimhen.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 3:23pm On Jul 04, 2019
forgiveness:
https://www.nairaland.com/5281222/top-10-reasons-why-feel

See our nearest neighbour prediction. grin

He is mostly right bro. Painful to admit but most of what he said is true
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 3:27pm On Jul 04, 2019
elyte89:

So tbaba too dey laff grin grin,looks strange to me

Meanwhile rohr will convince u all on Saturday
grin

Rohr is very predictable. I don't expect any surprises. Cameroon most likely winners by a lone goal or 2 goals or on penalties.
But if we win, I'll be happy sha. So that I can look forward to another AFCON game
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 3:28pm On Jul 04, 2019
darkelf:

I was enjoying a local meal but I just had to postpone it to reply you.

You're absolutely right about the bolded statement. YES, OUR BOYS DON"T SEEK TO IMPROVE. It's like their mentality. Many of them are just happy to play abroad and earn money.They don't think about ways their game may evolve. They don't actively seek ways to get better. I keep on saying that the only person who seems to work really hard at improvement is Ndidi and maybe Omeruo/Aina. I don't know him neither am I his personal trainer but it is self-evident in his game. Ndidi seems to be better with each passing season. A friend of mine in the UK says that there is no nightclub were Isaac Success and KC nacho isn't known. Tomorrow, we wonder why these boys have stagnant careers!!! There is a time for work and play, don't get me wrong but too much enjoyment especially for a sportsman is a real BANE.

How many of our players are on special diets?

How many of our players have personal fitness trainers? Not the one they quickly hire when it seems they might not make the squad but I mean the perennial personal trainers?

How many of our players stay back after team practice to practice set-pieces, finishing, tackling, PASSING, positioning etc?

How many of our players seek to play for the glory and not money? Don't get me wrong, money is important but when you have groomed yourself to be the best, Money will chase and overtake you. Its like the hidden law of football.

We can shout about Rohr from now till tomorrow but if these guys aren't doing their bit, there's little a National team coach can do (although Rohr has many deficiencies of his own).

Sad sad.

I recall saying that no team studying us would be afraid of our setpieces before the world cup. We have taken over 150 corner kicks in the last 3yrs and buried less than 5. Fks are even worse since Nacho scored vs Argentina. How else are our Attack instincts supposed to be something to be afraid of.

I wonder if the consciousness of the fact that even minnows are now experts at studying teams they wana play against so intricately. Lateron, we as Nigerians would now be surprised when these lil teams shock us with winners. What were we thinking before. That even as minnows, it would never fall in their favour.

That Madagascar game is a perfect story.

9/11 of their X1 all play in 2nd division in France. Tueh.

And a championship fella is standing over our freekicks?

I prefer to not focus on all these tactical talk for now. We shouldn't be shocked next time. They also played their part. And our players to paid by being less alert once its a small team.

We go dey see players dey shout i wana be like pirlo, ronaldo, hulk, etc

Yet these guys set asides 2-3hrs of fk practicing. I learnt Mou once begged CR7 to goan rest before a vital game that year cos everyone has gone home after training. Pirlo own sef is even funnier. He employed a non club staff to assist as he practice kicks.

As for their fitness you spoke right. See Onazi. No matter the pro-ness of a footballer, if his weight is not in check, he would never do anything tangible in 90mins.

What of practice for how to manoveur a defence with moves that confuse? Never SE. We are too direct and predictable. Only speed and chance we still use. Told a friend we dont have defence breaking skills. We just wait for chances. So archaic.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by barackodam: 3:34pm On Jul 04, 2019
Mikel turned down Premier League clubs for Turkey move

Nigeria captain John Obi Mikel snubbed offers from Sheffield United and Norwich City to join Trabzonspor earlier this week.

The Sun reports that the newly-promoted Premier League clubs could not convince the 32-year-old to return to the English top-flight before accepting a deal from the Turkish Super Lig side.

On Sunday, Mikel joined Trabzonspor on a two-year deal with the option of an additional year.

So baba Ibeji went to Turkey to collect pension and retire
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by barackodam: 3:35pm On Jul 04, 2019

(1) (2) (3) ... (6440) (6441) (6442) (6443) (6444) (6445) (6446) ... (16135) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: lbrichman2, Badbunny, foxman04, zicky(m), elyte89, chuks404, Afobear, M7even(m) and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.