Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,035 members, 7,818,059 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6514) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11678929 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6511) (6512) (6513) (6514) (6515) (6516) (6517) ... (16152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lexyman(m): 10:00pm On Jul 08, 2019
Goke7:
To think that a substitute brought in to defend a lead will now score an own goal.

Chai. Village people things

Sad,Ghana will eventually win , cos ones they equalize in situation like this they become energetic and ready to die ...

I like their fighting spirit .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jul 08, 2019
Tunisia get problem o. All the goals they have conceded in this tournament na either keeper howler or or own goal. They need deliverance honestly.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 10:10pm On Jul 08, 2019
Odunayaw:
it seems the only west African side to come to this Afcon to shine shoes was Guinea
You dey mind them? Waste of space.

But guys let us think of this, the quality of play by west african sides is beginning to dip seriously. Looks like west africa do not produce quality players anymore.

Teams like ivory coast, Nigeria, senegal and Ghana are no longer impressive in afcon. Something is wrong somewhere. Looks like they cannot produce the toures, drogbas, kanoute, papa diop, kanu, finidi, oliseh, yeboah, abedi pele anymore. Even a Guinea produced a titi camara.

West African football is dying.

To buttress my point further, asamoah gyan still plays for Ghana, what?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 10:14pm On Jul 08, 2019
Goke7:

But guys let us think of this, the quality of play by west african sides is beginning to dip seriously. Looks like west africa do not produce quality players anymore.

Teams like ivory coast, Nigeria, senegal and Ghana are no longer impressive in afcon. Something is wrong somewhere. Looks like they cannot produce the toures, drogbas, kanoute, papa diop, kanu, finidi, oliseh, yeboah, abedi pele anymore. Even a Guinea produced a titi camara.

Truly, the quality of play has dipped drastically

This can't rise again except by prayer and fasting! grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 10:21pm On Jul 08, 2019
lexyman:

Sad,Ghana will eventually win , cos ones they equalize in situation like this they become energetic and ready to die ...

I like their fighting spirit .

Yet to see any energy o.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lexyman(m): 10:23pm On Jul 08, 2019
Goke7:

To buttress my point further, asamoah gyan still plays for Ghana, what?

The problem is that Africans now plays for the money ... and our league is nothing to write about ... compared to the North African league and South African league , and most of the players from the mentioned league don’t play abroad except very few of them . Until we develop our league ... the problem will continue
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lexyman(m): 10:24pm On Jul 08, 2019
Goke7:

Yet to see any energy o.

Even me self done tire ... their match done turn sleeping pills ... done already dose off
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:26pm On Jul 08, 2019
If this goes to PK shootout, Ghana may loss

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 10:26pm On Jul 08, 2019
Odunayaw:
Truly, the quality of play has dipped drastically

This can't rise again except by prayer and fasting! grin

Still on still, of d 7 teams that have qualified. Westside have locked down 4. South side 2, North side 1. GH is picking the 5th slot 2nite. 5/8. Maybe others are dipping more than the west. But I think Southies re improving with speed of light. They re playing with one particular football philosophy.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 10:27pm On Jul 08, 2019
lexyman:

Even me self done tire ... their match done turn sleeping pills ... done already dose off

E be like say anytime ghana dey attack, their leg go freeze, see chance wey jordan throw away
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 10:28pm On Jul 08, 2019
Actually, I still have the DVD of that game myself. They dominated us in the first half but we were the better team in the second half.

O pari

godspeed:

Bros na true, they really dominated us in that match. I still have a CD of that match and I have watched it a dozen times, they were the best side on the day. In fact, Lauren etame Meyer was a handful for our defence that day especially for furo iyenemen.

@icons4s, the period u mentioned they dominated us was one of the best era of Cameroonian football, I bet they'll be one of the best teams in the world then( much like we like to see our 94 set)

Remember they qualified for their first world cup in 1982 where I think they even one a match and were on course for the second round before they narrowly missed out out.

It was basically that same team we came up against in 1984 and lost. The same team defended the cup to the final 2 years later where they lost on penalties to host Egypt.

It was almost the same team we came up against in the 88 final and this is the game that really started our bitterness with the Cameroonians because of Henry nwosu's disqualified goal and the soft penalty won by Roger Mills.

You know of course it's basically the 89 team that defeated us in Douala is the first African team to get to the quarter finals of the world cup and arguably the greatest African side to the world cup.

The Cameroonian team that defeated us in 2000 went on to win the Olympics later the same year, defended the cup 2 years later and got to the finals of the Confederation cup- the only African side till date-a year later.

So u can see that the Cameroonian team that caused us pain in the past were really so good and their victories over us were well earned
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 10:29pm On Jul 08, 2019
lexyman:

The problem is that Africans now plays for the money ... and our league is nothing to write about ... compared to the North African league and South African league , and most of the players from the mentioned league don’t play abroad except very few of them . Until we develop our league ... the problem will continue
Hmmm well said
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 10:32pm On Jul 08, 2019
comodo:

Still on still, of d 7 teams that have qualified. Westside have locked down 4. South side 2, North side 1. GH is picking the 5th slot 2nite. 5/8. Maybe others are dipping more than the west.

Oga are you satisfied with what the west africans are playing in this afcon including this Ghana?

Let me remind you that both Guinea and Nigeria could not beat madagascar o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:33pm On Jul 08, 2019
comodo:

Still on still, of d 7 teams that have qualified. Westside have locked down 4. South side 2, North side 1. GH is picking the 5th slot 2nite. 5/8. Maybe others are dipping more than the west.

I was actually tipping the north Africans to win the tournament,given the fact that they are host.. But clearly they haven't changed...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by simiife: 10:35pm On Jul 08, 2019
Pk tins
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:37pm On Jul 08, 2019
Goke7:

Oga are you satisfied with what the west africans are playing in this afcon including this Ghana?

Judging from the quality of the other teams in this tournament,can u honestly say they have been better than the west Africans?
We failed to beat Madagascar, so what? No be today small team dy give the big boys problem??
A star studded Morocco team failed to beat Benin republic!!
The fact that more West African teams qualified for the tournament and are in the quarter final itself shows that we still run the turf.. at least on African level...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Drtega: 10:38pm On Jul 08, 2019
Who remembers this song ... Chaii . smiley

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 10:43pm On Jul 08, 2019
Danielnino00:

Judging from the quality of the other teams in this tournament,can u honestly say they have been better than the west Africans?
We failed to beat Madagascar, so what? No be today small team dy give the big boys problem??
A star studded Morocco team failed to beat Benin republic!!
The fact that more West African teams qualified for the tournament and are in the quarter final itself shows that we still run the turf.. at least on African level...
oga the standard of play is poor, reason we are no longer doing well at the world cup. this afcon is generally poor abeg
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 10:44pm On Jul 08, 2019
both Ghana and Ivory coast have been crap today
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:46pm On Jul 08, 2019
Goke7:

oga the standard of play is poor, reason we are no longer doing well at the world cup. this afcon is generally poor abeg

I thought ur argument was about West Africa being poor at this afcon....no bring world cup talk enter am... Even at that, West African teams have reached the world cup quarter final twice.. Nigeria and Senegal could have made it to the next round last year if not for luck...

West Africa still run the game bro...except for the league... the rest are still behind... they ain't catching up anytime soon...

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jul 08, 2019
Barcelona will unveil Neto tomorrow.

Brazil has been blessed with talented goalkeepers.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 10:47pm On Jul 08, 2019
Goke7:

West Africans have a problem. It has been there all the while which is hugging d hall, then dribble before making a pass. We have been lucky over d years cos the other sides were not as improved as the west was.
This time South side has developed team play & quick interchange of passes. Since west no longer produce good dribblers, they re suffering for it.
Ngr & Guinea couldn't beat Madagascar cos they re always cot flatfooted with quick ball interchange.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lexyman(m): 10:47pm On Jul 08, 2019
I don’t understand Ghana keeper ...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 10:47pm On Jul 08, 2019
comodo:

Still on still, of d 7 teams that have qualified. Westside have locked down 4. South side 2, North side 1. GH is picking the 5th slot 2nite. 5/8. Maybe others are dipping more than the west. But I think Southies re improving with speed of light. They re playing with one particular football philosophy.

which yeye slot grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 10:48pm On Jul 08, 2019
You're as good as your last match, so no, he hasn't been our best defender for a while now.
tbaba1234:

I disagree. He has been Nigeria's best defender overall.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:50pm On Jul 08, 2019
Bye bye Ghana.. I said it earlier that they would loss if it goes to PK shootout... I honestly don't feel sorry for them...They would have celebrated had Cameroon beaten us...

their wait for another afcon title continues... grin

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 10:51pm On Jul 08, 2019
comodo:

West Africans have a problem. It has been there all the while which is hugging d hall, then dribble before making a pass. We have been lucky over d years cos the other sides were not as improved as the west was.
This time South side has developed team play & quick interchange of passes. Since west no longer produce good dribblers, they re suffering for it.
Ngr & Guinea couldn't beat Madagascar cos they re always cot flatfooted with quick ball interchange.

God bless you jare
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:54pm On Jul 08, 2019
Wow, the hunt for a major senior trophy since 1982 continues.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:55pm On Jul 08, 2019
comodo:

Lol...So it's Southern Africa that has overtaken us ?
Because Nigeria lost to SA and couldn't beat Madagascar?

Wake up to the reality bro. southern African teams are known to play quick country attacking football. they rely on pace a lot.. no be today e start. .even Zambia and Zimbabwe play like that...and I dare say Mozambique too...
But how far have they gone??
Maybe at club level they are better. .but west Africa still run the game...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by simiife: 10:57pm On Jul 08, 2019
Emmanuel Ofori cost Ghana did game,he killed his confidence b4 d penalty started

As 4 dat Tunisia goal keeper(hassen),I don't knw y he is angry,at least dey won
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 10:57pm On Jul 08, 2019
Cameroon and Mali nobi WA again?
Odunayaw:
it seems the only west African side to come to this Afcon to shine shoes was Guinea
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 10:57pm On Jul 08, 2019
Please is there a tribe in GH that produce dwarfs I used to think Mo Simon is brief, until I saw them in GH team

(1) (2) (3) ... (6511) (6512) (6513) (6514) (6515) (6516) (6517) ... (16152) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Philosopher1979, ThanosKilla(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.