Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,350 members, 7,836,434 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6517) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11787629 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6514) (6515) (6516) (6517) (6518) (6519) (6520) ... (16195) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 11:40am On Jul 09, 2019
TheSuperNerd:

When I was in Joebie's room, I saw this exact fixture prediction map. He tipped Cameroun to knock Nigeria out. Tips Algeria to knock out Egypt and so on....

So this is definitely Joebie's grin

grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:48am On Jul 09, 2019
darkelf:
I’ll sack Rohr if I were NFF boss – Odegbami

Sodiq Oyeleke

Former national team captain, Segun Odegbami, says he would have sacked Gernot Rohr after Nigeria’s 2-0 defeat to Madagascar at the ongoing Africa Cup of Nations if he were the Nigeria Football Federation boss.

Odegbami, a guest on Channels TV programme, Sunrise Daily, on Monday faulted Rohr’s attitude during Nigeria’s matches, saying the coach was “too relaxed” even when the Nigerian team were losing.

The ‘Mathematical’ Odegbami advised the NFF to consider a vocal coach in their next appointment.
“If I was in charge of Nigerian football, Gernot Rohr would have been on his way home,” Odegbami said during the interview.

“I’m sorry that is a bit harsh, but you could see how he selected players, particularly in that match against Madagascar. We could have been out of this competition now, because of his selection of players for that match.

“See coaches like Jurgen Klopp, Jose Mourinho, they are the 12th players. They are by the side of the field, they are directing their players.

They are shouting on referees, they are doing things. That is the sort of thing Nigerian players need.

“Nigerian players don’t want somebody who will just sit quietly and not say a word. They won’t hear his voice. You won’t help them with difficulty.

“Our nature is to be loud, to be compelled and driven to the wall. Our nature is not to just relax.”

They are shouting on referees, they are doing things. That is the sort of thing Nigerian players need.

“Nigerian players don’t want somebody who will just sit quietly and not say a word. They won’t hear his voice. You won’t help them with difficulty.
https://punchng.com/ill-sack-rohr-if-i-were-nff-boss-odegbami/amp/

Oga Sir, please, abeg, chill.

Bonfrere Jo, Willy Bazuaye and Musa Abdullahi were not shouting at refs and players when we won the Atlanta 96 Olympics gold medal in football.

Pellegrini is very gentle on the touchline and delivered brilliant results throughout his career. Sarri is also calm to a point. Same with Allegri.

Finito.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:57am On Jul 09, 2019
ChrisKels:

Yeye move, he has just consolidated his place in the U23s, with this move he should concentrate on proving himself, he shouldn't dream of super eagles from there. We have better players in his position already. I hope Ademola joins soon.

Club Brugge were the only ones willing to pay the 10 Million Euros valuation. The others were still tying to reduce the price.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 12:11pm On Jul 09, 2019
Rohr on Osimhen and Onyekuru:

"Onyekuru and Osimhen are young and they are here to learn. Musa and Ighalo are experienced so they are the ones to start. For Onyekuru, he has to first fight with Simon and Chukwueze for a position and then maybe for the central position. For Osimhen, he has to be stronger. In training, any touch he falls down. So I tell him to be strong"

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 12:17pm On Jul 09, 2019
tbaba1234:

"Onyekuru and Osimhen are young and they are here to learn. Musa and Ighalo are experienced so they are the ones to start. For Onyekuru, he has to first fight with Simon and Chukwueze for a position and then maybe for the central position. For Osimhen, he has to be stronger. In training, any touch he falls down. So I tell him to be strong"

Chief a quick one, going by your experience how do you think we can counter those quick wing plays from SA to cut out crosses or supplies to their 9. That is always their game plan with their pacey wingers. Do you think if we can cut their supplies we can best them squarely?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 12:19pm On Jul 09, 2019
tbaba1234:

Lol... Tell him to be strong... Lol. The two look lanky. But to be honest this is very unfair. I understand his fear but they deserve some mins

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 12:23pm On Jul 09, 2019
nelszx:

Chief a quick one, going by your experience how do you think we can counter those quick wing plays from SA to cut out crosses or supplies to their 9. That is always their game plan with their pacey wingers. Do you think if we can cut their supplies we can best them squarely?

We need to get men behind the ball and choke space. They can do all the short passes in the middle as long as they are not creating anything.

We have to watch out for counters because that is their biggest strength. If we score first, they will struggle.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 12:47pm On Jul 09, 2019
tbaba1234:

We need to get men behind the ball and choke space. They can do all the short passes in the middle as long as they are not creating anything.

We have to watch out for counters because that is their biggest strength. If we score first, they will struggle.

Thank you sir
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jul 09, 2019
tbaba1234:

This is a match I will not lose sleep over. Psychologically the Southies have already lost the match. They have a mental block when it comes to Nigeria. We just have to score early and watch them fall apart. Thank God for VAR.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 12:49pm On Jul 09, 2019
tbaba1234:

I am of the opinion they would want to play us the way they played the Egyptians.
We should be wary of committing too many men forward.
Also, we should avoid building from the back.
Lump the ball forward and fight for every second ball.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 12:49pm On Jul 09, 2019
tbaba1234:

Lol @ "falling down".

What about Onuachu that falls at the passing of the slightest breeze? grin

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:57pm On Jul 09, 2019
Wetin make am yeye move? From serie b to a top club in Belgium no do for u? His club wanted 10m euros and no serie A club were willing to cough out such about for him. Club brugges is a decent club for him to launch his career in top flight football and moreover he will be in the ucl next season.

Moses Simon was in gent when he debuted for the super eagles, oshimeh played for a lesser fancied club in Belgium and made the afcon team so Okereke for sure still have the chance to play for the eagles soon
ChrisKels:

Yeye move, he has just consolidated his place in the U23s, with this move he should concentrate on proving himself, he shouldn't dream of super eagles from there. We have better players in his position already. I hope Ademola joins soon.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 12:58pm On Jul 09, 2019
Ghana national football team is full of tired legs. They should overhaul the team

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 1:04pm On Jul 09, 2019
When i remember the way this SA team moves the ball from defense to attack in split seconds......hmm. The beautiful quick midfield interchanges they are so fond of.....hmm. Percy Tau's wizardry..... hmm. Lorch's lethality.... hmm. Mothiba's mobility.... hmm.

I sorry for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 1:06pm On Jul 09, 2019
Curtisaxel7:
When i remember the way this SA team moves the ball from defense to attack in split seconds......hmm. The beautiful quick midfield interchanges they are so fond of.....hmm. Percy Tau's wizardry..... hmm. Lorch's lethality.... hmm. Mothiba's mobility.... hmm.

I sorry for Nigeria.

Abegi.. with all of that, how many chances did they create in J'burg when we played them?

The same team was struggling against Namibia a few games ago.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Drtega: 1:09pm On Jul 09, 2019
zuchyblink:
Ghana national football team is full of tired legs. They should overhaul the team

I just tire... Whats gyan still doing there
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 1:27pm On Jul 09, 2019
Drtega:

I just tire... Whats gyan still doing there

reason ayew was displeased when he came in. Ghana just bleep up

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 1:33pm On Jul 09, 2019
tbaba1234:

Rohr thinks Onyekuru should be at RW? O heavens!

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SerVik(m): 1:45pm On Jul 09, 2019
Rorh

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:10pm On Jul 09, 2019
charlesemeka85:
him and uduokhai are the best for now

I disagree NOT completely just by 50% lol ( modified)

Tomori Fikayo is the arguably the best defender in the Championship in the 2018/19 season out of the 46 league games Fikayo played 44, that says he definitely their main man. Add to that at Hull he played 25 games in the 2017/18 season. His career total excluding cup games is near 80 games. He is most likely going to be playing at Chelsea first team this season.

Felix Udokhai is slightly older than Fikayo, has not played more than 30 games for Wolfsburg since 2017 he is not oustandiing in the league and or in his club. His career total is about 50 games. He is good,

However, Tomori is way ahead of him in every department as it stands now.

You may argue that the Bunesliga is superior to the 2nd tier of the English football league, i agree the top maybe 6/7 teams. But the lower half of the Bundesliga is not. Add to that the quality of players, it is very normal for Championship clubs to have £30 million players in their teams.

IMO it is a debate if he is actually better than Dominic Iorfa, who had a stand out season for Sheffield Wednesday after the shameless discrimination meted out at him in Wolves. However, the powers that be a the NFF have chosen to exclude him for reasons other than football.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:11pm On Jul 09, 2019
tbaba1234:

grin grin

If Oga Rohr was coach of Brazil, Neymar and Robinho would never have gone close to the Brazilian squad.

Mbok do not turn Osimhen into a mechanic. I like my forwards light but full of pace.

Finito.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SerVik(m): 2:12pm On Jul 09, 2019
"If you beat the favourite number one in Egypt, you become the new favourites." Gernot Rohr
Dear Mr. Rohr
What then becomes of a team that defeated the defending champions? I guess that makes them champions

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:12pm On Jul 09, 2019
bros misunderstood what i said. i implied that fikayo and uduokhai will be decent addition to our team and both are the best 2 young centre halves of 9ja descendant we should push for
komekn:

I disagree completely.

Tomori Fikayo is the arguably the best defender in the Championship in the 2018/19 season out of the 46 league games Fikayo played 44, that says he definitely their main man. Add to that at Hull he played 25 games in the 2017/18 season. His career total excluding cup games is near 80 games. He is most likely going to be playing at Chelsea first team this season.

Felix Udokhai is slightly older than Fikayo, has not played more than 30 games for Wolfsburg since 2017 he is not oustandiing in the league and or in his club. His career total is about 50 games. He is good,

However, Tomori is way ahead of him in every department as it stands now.

You may argue that the Bunesliga is superior to the 2nd tier of the English football league, i agree the top maybe 6/7 teams. But the lower half of the Bundesliga is not. Add to that the quality of players, it is very normal for Championship clubs to have £30 million players in their teams.

IMO it is a debate if he is actually better than Dominic Iorfa, who had a stand out season for Sheffield Wednesday after the shameless discrimination meted out at him in Wolves. However, the powers that be a the NFF have chosen to exclude him for reasons other than football.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:13pm On Jul 09, 2019
Curtisaxel7:

Lol @ "falling down".

What about Onuachu that falls at the passing of the slightest breeze? grin

I expect more from you not to descend to this level of name calling.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:14pm On Jul 09, 2019
Odunayaw:
Rohr thinks Onyekuru should be at RW? O heavens!

I tire. Why does he then play Musa on the left? Haba.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:16pm On Jul 09, 2019
SerVik:

Dear Mr. Rohr
What then becomes of a team that defeated the defending champions? I guess that makes them champions

grin grin

For real, it is like this Rohr took Kai Kai.

When Real Betis beat Barcelona, they became the favourites to win the La Liga.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:18pm On Jul 09, 2019
oga there is sense in what the man said. for christ sake oshimeh is just 20 and feather weight. in african footie he will be easily muscled. he is still a young chap who is still growing and will bulk up as he matures.

i bet you that oshimeh will be easily manhandled if he is deployed as a lone striker. the madagascar match was a good fixture to test him and onyekuru but things went south in the early minutes of the game and got worst in the 2nd stanza which made the coaching crew to throw in players they believed would have atleast salvaged a point.

oshimeh and onyekuru are one for the future and the but interesting thing is they are part of the team. for rohr to take both to the competition meas he rates them high
TheGoodJoe:

grin grin

If Oga Rohr was coach of Brazil, Neymar and Robinho would never have gone close to the Brazilian squad.

Mbok do not turn Osimhen into a mechanic. I like my forwards light but full of pace.

Finito.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:19pm On Jul 09, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

grin grin

Finito.

I like my forwards to be TALL, CLINICAL, SKILLFUL, UNPREDICTABLE, POWERFUL WITH BLISTERING PACE i love it when they DEMOLISH the opposition.

For example Lukaku, Balotelli, or going into the past Yekini .

NUFF SAID
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:21pm On Jul 09, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

grin grin

Finito.

No wonder our game is so bereft of flair.

Kanu Nwankwo the legend wouldn't make Rohr's team. This man is clueless.

Musa would not make his team in 2013 bkus he had no experience and was and still effing light weight, worse than both Henry and Osimhen

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:23pm On Jul 09, 2019
charlesemeka85:
oga there is sense in what the man said. for christ sake oshimeh is just 20 and feather weight. in african footie he will be easily muscled. he is still a young chap who is still growing and will bulk up as he matures.

i bet you that oshimeh will be easily manhandled if he is deployed as a lone striker. the madagascar match was a good fixture to test him and onyekuru but things went south in the early minutes of the game and got worst in the 2nd stanza which made the coaching crew to throw in players they believed would have atleast salvaged a point.

oshimeh and onyekuru are one for the future and the but interesting thing is they are part of the team. for rohr to take both to the competition meas he rates them high

The very thing i said about Osimhen and Sadiq Umar i am talking years ago is that they both lack physicality. i went on further to say they would not survive in the English league one and i was labelled a HATER.

Now you are all hearing it from the horses mouth Rohr, please you can now all in your emotive prejudice label Rohr a racist HATER.

We love fantasy here not facts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:26pm On Jul 09, 2019
komekn:

The very thing i said about Osimhen and Sadiq Umar i am talking years ago is that they both lack physicality. i went on further to say they would not survive in the English league one and i was labelled a HATER.

Now you are all hearing it from the horses mouth Rohr, please you can now all in your emotive prejudice label Rohr a racist HATER.

We love fantasy here not facts.

Osimhen is fitter than Tammy Abraham. Now I know why Tammy has always failed in the Epl
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 2:30pm On Jul 09, 2019
i'm a big fan of mathematical but this is wrong especially at this time when we are in the thick of competition. ok what if rohr coaches the team to victory what will he now say?

everyone has different temperaments and coaching styles if big Seg were a coach he would know this

darkelf:
I’ll sack Rohr if I were NFF boss – Odegbami

Sodiq Oyeleke

Former national team captain, Segun Odegbami, says he would have sacked Gernot Rohr after Nigeria’s 2-0 defeat to Madagascar at the ongoing Africa Cup of Nations if he were the Nigeria Football Federation boss.

Odegbami, a guest on Channels TV programme, Sunrise Daily, on Monday faulted Rohr’s attitude during Nigeria’s matches, saying the coach was “too relaxed” even when the Nigerian team were losing.

The ‘Mathematical’ Odegbami advised the NFF to consider a vocal coach in their next appointment.
“If I was in charge of Nigerian football, Gernot Rohr would have been on his way home,” Odegbami said during the interview.

“I’m sorry that is a bit harsh, but you could see how he selected players, particularly in that match against Madagascar. We could have been out of this competition now, because of his selection of players for that match.

“See coaches like Jurgen Klopp, Jose Mourinho, they are the 12th players. They are by the side of the field, they are directing their players.

“Our nature is to be loud, to be compelled and driven to the wall. Our nature is not to just relax.”

https://punchng.com/ill-sack-rohr-if-i-were-nff-boss-odegbami/amp/

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6514) (6515) (6516) (6517) (6518) (6519) (6520) ... (16195) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Meliforme, Iview1 and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.