Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,548 members, 7,861,612 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:27 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7105) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11933530 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7102) (7103) (7104) (7105) (7106) (7107) (7108) ... (16342) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 4:18pm On Sep 14, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Tammy's route to the 3 lions squad seem easier than that of tomori. England is slim in the striking position with Tammy only having to compete with Kane and Rashford but the latter for some time now have been deployed as a winger by southgate.

Tomori have to fight for a starters shirt with the likes of maguire, Michael Keane, stones, tarkowski and gomes which to me seem tough for the young lad. Playing for england seem more attractive but with Nigeria he stands a better chance to make a name for himself in international football with the chances of playing in the world very high than with the 3 lions.

I believe his minders will evaluate his options and advise him on the best choice to make.

If tomori keeps on playing and If the coach is sincere then tomori should be ahead of tarkowski who is yet to be called up
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:20pm On Sep 14, 2019
Uhmmm... Nacho also stormed the EPL back in 2015/2016 in his first pro season and not even as a starter. So this doesn't suddenly prove anything.

Nacho also consistently bossed scoring stats in the FA Cup. Biko... make una fear God and try to put things in better perspective. Nacho has already done what Tammy is doing now for a big side. Only difference is Tammy has the backing of Lamps to start, make his mistakes and still pick things up unlike Nacho who had to function under the pressure of impressing in cameos mostly.

Nacho's scoring stats made him the most clinical in the EPL and in Europe at a time. So please.... this proves nothing. Tammy is starting to find his feet for the first time at the top level.

M7even:
Our unreserved apologies goes to komke who had always thought Tammy Abraham was better than Iheanacho.

We are beginning to believe you. But perhaps calm down on your hypes on British born, maybe, just maybe you can come across as an objective and logical Nigerian football analyst.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 4:22pm On Sep 14, 2019
TheGoodJoe:
I do not think anyone here wants Iheanacho having a shot with the Leicester City team more than me because I believe this is the right environment for him to excel.

Leicester City is playing a high brand of technical football and in an offensive fashion which will not only benefit the team but Nacho.

However, I am only pointing out that I believe Nacho is improving due to the training conditions and the high tactical sessions.

I believe when Nacho gets a run, we will see a highly improved player. On camera it looks like Nacho is deteriorating like many people thought Osimhen was deteriorating on the bench of Wolfsburg. Just like Osimhen proving his worth when he got his run, I believe Nacho will do the same.

I wonder why that is bringing insults. Thanks Triudstar.

Bros, I like your optimism but I think it time you come to realization that Iheanacho is not what everybody is trying to make him, a striker. As long as the boy kept getting prepped for a striker position he will always fail!! Iheanacho's strength lies in his ball distribution skill...the boy can play a good pass but put him in a tight situation with defenders pressuring him he will becomes bereft of what to do and end up losing the ball. Also, he can't play from the wing ...any position that requires you to control the ball, run with it and make a decision under pressure is not for Iheanacho.

However, the only position Iheanacho can play is a 10 or 8 but you guys kept trying to make him a striker because he is good at scoring goals but we forget Iheanacho,when he play a 9 most of his goals were tap-ins.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 4:26pm On Sep 14, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
Biko they can have Tammy but Tomori.. MBA biko... May his visual pathway be impaired when he tries to look Tomori's way. grin

Bia nwokem, all these medical grammar wey you dey blow...no go blow grammar for operating room oo. lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 4:27pm On Sep 14, 2019
M7even:
Our unreserved apologies goes to komke who had always thought Tammy Abraham was better than Iheanacho.

We are beginning to believe you. But perhaps calm down on your hypes on British born, maybe, just maybe you can come across as an objective and logical Nigerian football analyst.

Tammy is not the most hyped player by komekn

Now you don let him head dey big

Forget about tammy better than iheanacho, Good he got his chances and used it well

Even if iheanacho or any nigeria striker scores 20 epl goals,komekn will never say the player is better than any British player

No be komekn wey we know??

Leave matter jare

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:28pm On Sep 14, 2019
The OR is the room of medical grammer sef. grin

OMANBALA1:

Bia nwokem, all these medical grammar wey you dey blow...no go blow grammar for operating room oo. lol

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:31pm On Sep 14, 2019
andrew444:

Tammy is not the most hyped player by komekn

Now you don let him head dey big

Forget about tammy better than iheanacho, Good he got his chances and used it well

Even if iheanacho or any nigeria striker scores 20 epl goals,komekn will never say the player is better than any British player

No be komekn wey we know??

Leave matter jare

The Truth. Nothing to add...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:31pm On Sep 14, 2019
Aribobo with an assist grin

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 4:32pm On Sep 14, 2019
With Tammy ooo, tomori ooo, uduokhai, ehizube blah blah, I still insist we should never beg "anybody" well unless you are a special talent.... On no account should we beg you, infact once we make contact and you can't make up your mind, such player should be blacklisted.... If you refused before,then the door should be forever closed.....

No time.... Too big to beg abeg, instead you should beg us, or wait for England.....again your life.... No time...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 4:32pm On Sep 14, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
The OR is the room of medical grammer sef. grin

I know that very well but transferring theory to practical skill is not always that simple....you will see...lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:32pm On Sep 14, 2019
Who told you tarkowski is yet to be called up? shocked
andrew444:

If tomori keeps on playing and If the coach is sincere then tomori should be ahead of tarkowski who is yet to be called up
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:33pm On Sep 14, 2019
And Rangers lead... well done Aribo... I know you would rise to the occasion. grin

charlesemeka85:
Aribobo with an assist grin

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:34pm On Sep 14, 2019
And who told u any of them is been begged? The nff are doing the right thing by approaching them and await patiently for them to decide what's best for them. Which one is begging?

Average 9ja mentality lolz, over pride dey worry us no be small lolz
Starboytwo:
With Tammy ooo, tomori ooo, uduokhai, ehizube blah blah, I still insist we should never beg "anybody" well unless you are a special talent.... On no account should we beg you, infact once we make contact and you can't make up your mind, such player should be blacklisted.... If you refused before,then the door should be forever closed.....

No time.... Too big to beg abeg, instead you should beg us, or wait for England.....again your life.... No time...

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 4:36pm On Sep 14, 2019
I am probably the only poster on this thread that never mentioned Tammy...this is actually the first time I am writing Tammy...I dont respect English players because I know most of them are crap...and these English groomed players you guys keep clamoring for will ruin Super Eagles with their lame English style of play. England stinks!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 4:36pm On Sep 14, 2019
JeffSiberstein:
Whit what Osihmenbid playing I think its high time Ihenacho retires from the national team.

Nigerians and the way we throw away our own. SMH

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:38pm On Sep 14, 2019
Nigerians! My brother u never knw them. They will praise you and rubbish u at the same time
COOL10:

Nigerians and the way we throw away our own. SMH

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 4:39pm On Sep 14, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Who told you tarkowski is yet to be called up? shocked

My bad, 2 caps already

But if tomori is playing regularly for Chelsea , he should ahead of those guys abeg
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:39pm On Sep 14, 2019
Sheyi Ojo takes a cue from Joe Aribo and bags his own assist for a Rangers third goal... 3-1 to Rangers. 3-1 to Aribo and Ojo.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 4:40pm On Sep 14, 2019
for those still thinking TOMORI will go play for the super eagles...
should better look elsewhere
the moment this player start to ball...they begin to think that they're good enough for the 3Lions and drop the super eagles ambition
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 4:40pm On Sep 14, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Nigerians! My brother u never knw them. They will praise you and rubbish u at the same time

It's extremely annoying. When will we ever change?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 4:42pm On Sep 14, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
And Rangers lead... well done Aribo... I know you would rise to the occasion. grin

Ojo also had an assist. I hope he gets called up.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:42pm On Sep 14, 2019
Tammy scored an own goal
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:43pm On Sep 14, 2019
He needs to do more for a chance. Currently he is way down the pecking order

Odunayaw:
Ojo also had an assist. I hope he gets called up.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 4:43pm On Sep 14, 2019
OMANBALA1:
I am probably the only poster on this thread that never mentioned Tammy...this is actually the first time I am writing Tammy...I dont respect English players because I know most of them are crap...and these English groomed players you guys keep clamoring for will ruin Super Eagles with their lame English style of play. England stinks!!
This isn't the 90s. England are producing players on par with their euro counterparts in terms of technical ability, quality on the ball, etc.
A guy like Lookman would make our first 11 easily. England have players in their u21/23 that would make our first team easily.
This our arrogance don dey too much.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:45pm On Sep 14, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Tammy scored an own goal

Yara Yara has started his work. grin I sent him to England on a supersonic jet with a 'distraction figure' to ensure Southgate finds a reason to not call up Tomori ever. That boy is ours... Our dirty work has began... Hehehehehehe... well done Yara Yara... it worked.. grin

On a second look...

Wait.. did you say Tammy? I thought you said Tomori...

Chaaaiii... Yara yara!!!! You distracted the wrong lad!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:46pm On Sep 14, 2019
Yea but the thing is that Chelsea management have already made plans to sign big during the winter and summer transfer windows.

Tomori is good but needs to do more. The likes of tarkowski and co have been consistent in the English top flight for over 2 seasons now. Tomori maybe in the mix but won't be an instant feature in the current 3 lions team
andrew444:

My bad, 2 caps already

But if tomori is playing regularly for Chelsea , he should ahead of those guys abeg
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:46pm On Sep 14, 2019
cheesy
TheSuperNerd:

Yara Yara has started his work. grin I sent him to England on a supersonic jet with a 'distraction figure' to ensure Southgate finds a reason to not call up Tomori ever. That boy is ours... Our dirty work has began... Hehehehehehe... well done Yara Yara... it worked.. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 4:47pm On Sep 14, 2019
OMANBALA1:

Bros, I like your optimism but I think it time you come to realization that Iheanacho is not what everybody is trying to make him, a striker. As long as the boy kept getting prepped for a striker position he will always fail!! Iheanacho's strength lies in his ball distribution skill...the boy can play a good pass but put him in a tight situation with defenders pressuring him he will becomes bereft of what to do and end up losing the ball. Also, he can't play from the wing ...any position that requires you to control the ball, run with it and make a decision under pressure is not for Iheanacho.

However, the only position Iheanacho can play is a 10 or 8 but you guys kept trying to make him a striker because he is good at scoring goals but we forget Iheanacho,when he play a 9 most of his goals were tap-ins.

Very balanced observation! Lets sound it loud and clear. Iheanacho is not a 9! He thrives better as a support striker. If prepping him to be a 9 is the lessons he is soaking, them he really is on a long thing. It remains to be seen sha as to just how much he has developed. But as things stand, he doesnt fit into Leicester setup because Brendan Rodgers has said he is in direct competition with Vardy. Waiting for the day vardy will get injured and he gets a run will not change things much. The setup in Leicester relies on huffing of balls a lot

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 4:48pm On Sep 14, 2019
charlesemeka85:
He needs to do more for a chance. Currently he is way down the pecking order

After 4 goals and a good number of assist? Is that not the same report card of Aribo? I think we need another left footed RW to make Chukwueze stand on his toes. I was very pissed with his display against Ukraine
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:49pm On Sep 14, 2019
English football have evolved since the coming of southgate and currently one of the best European teams going to the upcoming euro.

What England lacks is that winning mentality at the big stage.
edi287:

This isn't the 90s. England are producing players on par with their euro counterparts in terms of technical ability, quality on the ball, etc.
A guy like Lookman would make our first 11 easily. England have players in their u21/23 that would make our first team easily.
This our arrogance don dey too much.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 4:49pm On Sep 14, 2019
If Iheanacho isn't out of Leicester by January,then it means he isn't serious about his career...

All those quotes from Rodgers don't mean sh*t! with Vardy,Barnes and Perez in the team,there's no spot for Nacho.. it doesn't matter what he is doing in training.
The fact that he wasn't even on the bench for their last cup game is disheartening...

From being named the premier league's deadliest striker to a squad member at Leicester!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 4:50pm On Sep 14, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Yea but the thing is that Chelsea management have already made plans to sign big during the winter and summer transfer windows.

Tomori is good but needs to do more. The likes of tarkowski and co have been consistent in the English top flight for over 2 seasons now. Tomori maybe in the mix but won't be an instant feature in the current 3 lions team

Abraham issa sure banker now thou

Let me keep on observing tomori

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7102) (7103) (7104) (7105) (7106) (7107) (7108) ... (16342) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: enlady(f), lovewins, Mujtahida, Toylove, Christology(m), ChrisKels, codemaniacs, 123jamessmith, Napoleon55(m), shawwal1(m), minfelix(m), olavoice(m), sojious and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.