Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,391 members, 7,836,573 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7108) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11788389 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7105) (7106) (7107) (7108) (7109) (7110) (7111) ... (16196) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:48pm On Sep 14, 2019
komekn:
[sup][/sup]

My football proposition substantiated.

Two outstanding lions from the Championship are currently dominating the EPL. Yet many will day the Championship is too poor in quality for us to be selecting players for the SE.

Our most consistent and arguably top performing midfield players Etebo plays in the Championship. And he us not the most outstanding.

As it stands currently Ebere Eze and Ovie Ejaria are outperforming him. Yet they haven't been invited.

The best CB in the Championship last season IMO was Fikayo. It seems he has transfered that ability to the EPL.

I remember when Tega Abrahams was being slated some even said he is not as good as Sadiq Umar. Some even said he is no where on the level of KC such extreme delusional thinking. I know one person who said he is only a Championship striker that's his level, whatever that means.

Tega Abrahams has scored 7 goals in 5 games he is now the top goal scorer in the EPL.

All the detractors and those giving him dogs abuse have gone quite I WONDER WHY.

I dont want to see etebo in the championship next season , simple

Yes Abraham is no where near the level of KC till KC began to flop, dont make it look like Abraham has always been better than KC

One thing i want from you is the truth but you wont speak as you are always bias, Abraham is better than KC right now, even a Belgium league striker is better than KC let alone an EPL , but Abraham has never been a better player than KC till let me say last season

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 7:48pm On Sep 14, 2019
kennysville:

Who the hell cares about who you know? You make it look like its supposed to lend credence to so much of all the idiotic statements you come in here to spew. Are we supposed to be grovelling because almigty Komekn is speakin? As is said the other day, find chair and find one corner and sit down ... stop clowning around. Its boring already.

Oh one last thing.... people dont go around gloating about who they were with or who they know. It shows a sense of insecurity and the need to impress. The last time i checked, this is not reality tv or Kim Kardashian show.
You couldn't have said this better, it looks even more desperate when it is especially done on a faceless forum.

The funny thing is, the same clown some years back, told me this same thing, imagine my surprise that he is doing the same thing he mocked me for

H-Y-P for the HYP, for the HYPOCRITE
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:52pm On Sep 14, 2019
OMANBALA1:

Bros, I like your optimism but I think it time you come to realization that Iheanacho is not what everybody is trying to make him, a striker. As long as the boy kept getting prepped for a striker position he will always fail!! Iheanacho's strength lies in his ball distribution skill...the boy can play a good pass but put him in a tight situation with defenders pressuring him he will becomes bereft of what to do and end up losing the ball. Also, he can't play from the wing ...any position that requires you to control the ball, run with it and make a decision under pressure is not for Iheanacho.

However, the only position Iheanacho can play is a 10 or 8 but you guys kept trying to make him a striker because he is good at scoring goals but we forget Iheanacho,when he play a 9 most of his goals were tap-ins.

First of all, Iheanacho's goals were not tap ins as you guys try to make it. That is far from reality.

Now when it comes to Nacho's style of play, I have always known and believed that playing on the shoulders of defenders is not Nacho's thing.

That is why I have been hammering on tactical development and understanding the use of space. I have for long hammered on Firmino and how he uses spaces. Take your time to watch Firmino and see that he mostly operates like a 10 or 8, utilising his ball distribution talent to a maximum. Which is what you are saying is Nacho's natural role.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:57pm On Sep 14, 2019
kennysville:

Who the hell cares about who you know? You make it look like its supposed to lend credence to so much of all the idiotic statements you come in here to spew. Are we supposed to be grovelling because almigty Komekn is speakin? As is said the other day, find chair and find one corner and sit down ... stop clowning around. Its boring already.

Oh one last thing.... people dont go around gloating about who they were with or who they know. It shows a sense of insecurity and the need to impress. The last time i checked, this is not reality tv or Kim Kardashian show.

You call it gloating and trying to impress but this is very ordinary mundane day to day engagement for me. I only divulged this to highlight a point.

But because l know there are those with self esteem issues as well as inability to discern matter of fact plain speaking, without misconstrued deductions in the negative. l therefore qualified my write up with "there will be those who will think it to be LIES and or POSTURING"

You are exactly one of those people with low self esteem, you assumed the negative and not the positive.

Because you know no, no mean say everyone be like you.

The pertinent point l substantiated was changing organisational culture. But you completely MISSED THE POINT. Hence the need to reference my position from personal experience.

Prejudice and bias has befuddled your sense of judgment.

Quite sad really. embarassed

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kushercain: 7:57pm On Sep 14, 2019
andrew444:
rMancity if una loose this one na una sabi, liverpool wont drop point anytime soon

That Laporte absence will cost them wella. See Otamendi having brain farts in box 18 smh
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kushercain: 8:00pm On Sep 14, 2019
safarigirl:
Let me go and enjoy all the fun people on Twitter that can take a joke, some frustrated soul is hovering on this thread

The dragging of Man City must be epic grin

What's yo handle?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 8:01pm On Sep 14, 2019
kushercain:

What's yo handle?
LOL.

My handle on Twitter is mostly dormant o.

I don't post with it, I just retweet and read. Very boring something
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:03pm On Sep 14, 2019
Assist and red for Kayode
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sportilitica: 8:03pm On Sep 14, 2019
komekn:

You call it gloating and trying to impress but this is very ordinary mundane day to day engagement for me. I only divulged this to highlight a point.

But because l know there are those with self esteem issues as well as inability to discern matter of fact plain speaking, without misconstrued deductions in the negative. l therefore qualified my write up with "there will be those who will think it to be LIES and or POSTURING"

You are exactly one of those people with low self esteem, you assumed the negative and not the positive.

Because you know no, no mean say everyone be like you.

The pertinent point l substantiated was changing organisational culture. But you completely MISSED THE POINT. Hence the need to reference my position from personal experience.

Prejudice and bias has befuddled your sense of judgment.

Quite sad really. embarassed
I think the quote against Safarigirl was uncalled for. She probably was refering to the fantasy league she plays and going against here without understanding her post was not fair. It would not be out of place to accept you erred here and apologize. I think you both need to sheath your swords. This is a faceless forum.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sportilitica: 8:04pm On Sep 14, 2019
andrew444:

I dont want to see etebo in the championship next season , simple

Yes Abraham is no where near the level of KC till KC began to flop, dont make it look like Abraham has always been better than KC

One thing i want from you is the truth but you wont speak as you are always bias, Abraham is better than KC right now, even a Belgium league striker is better than KC let alone an EPL , but Abraham has never been a better player than KC till let me say last season
Are you really sure about this?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 8:05pm On Sep 14, 2019
kushercain:

That Laporte absence will cost them wella. See Otamendi having brain farts in box 18 smh
Why is he having brain farts? He's been training under pep for about 3 years now, is he not getting enough tactical knowledge?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:05pm On Sep 14, 2019
kennysville:

Who the hell cares about who you know? You make it look like its supposed to lend credence to so much of all the idiotic statements you come in here to spew. Are we supposed to be grovelling because almigty Komekn is speakin? As l said the other day, find chair and find one corner and sit down ... stop clowning around. Its boring already.

safarigirl:
You couldn't have said this better, it looks even more desperate when it is especially done on a faceless forum.

The funny thing is, the same clown some years back, told me this same thing, imagine my surprise that he is doing the same thing he mocked me for

H-Y-P for the HYP, for the HYPOCRITE

You guys nailed it... at least these parts. Coz they are many more stuffs about his antics that have been nailed already.

What else can I say? It is obvious that almost everytime Komekn drops words it reeks of stinking hypocrisy....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:05pm On Sep 14, 2019
Sportilitica:

Are you really sure about this?

Yes bra

Kc fell of fully last season , he is making it look like abraham has been better than kc from day one

Anyway i get am before no be property , na kc sabi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sportilitica: 8:07pm On Sep 14, 2019
andrew444:

Yes bra
I don't think so. Consistency has been KC's issue and i dont think the same can be said of Tammy.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:07pm On Sep 14, 2019
Ansu Fati this kid is something else, already starting at barca at the age of 16 and has scored his second league goal 2 minutes to the game

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sportilitica: 8:08pm On Sep 14, 2019
Will the Tomori dude play for Nigeria? He would be a good addition
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:09pm On Sep 14, 2019
Sportilitica:

I don't think so. Consistency has been KC's issue and i dont think the same can be said of Tammy.

Agreed

I was trying to pass some message to komeknn , he is making it look like abraham was better than the kc of mancity ,even the kc of leicester first season was better despite scoring only 3 league goals

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:10pm On Sep 14, 2019
Nna eh... this Anssumane Fati pikin won't slow down.

But you know what... he isn't the only 16 years old making big waves in the Top 5 leagues. A certain 16 year old midfielder Eduardo Camavinga of Stade Rennais has been catching the eyes and attention of all in the French Ligue 1. The lad bossed the midfield in a league game against PSG earlier this season.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:11pm On Sep 14, 2019
Guinea Bissau should have capped that small boy last year and he should have been captain by now sef grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sportilitica: 8:12pm On Sep 14, 2019
andrew444:

Agreed

I was trying to pass some message to komeknn , he is making it look like abraham was better than the kc of mancity ,even the kc of leicester first season was better despite scoring only 3 league goals
He can be biased against the home bred players a lot however it seems a few of his postulations have come to pass. The championship might not be as bad as we think
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:12pm On Sep 14, 2019
Big shout out to Daniel Farke and his Norwich team. That was an interesting game full of drama.

I hope we learn from it and it is time for Guardiola to bring Fernandinho back to the squad. Preferably the defence, since Rodri has decided to be phenomenal with almost every touch.

After watching Norwich vs Liverpool game, I knew they were up to big things but I did not expect us to fall on their swords that way. It was a good game for the neutrals and lovers of good football.

I expect more upsets to come from them and Brighton this season. Sad draw for Graham Potter and his Brighton team today when they were close to a good victory.

Interesting season ahead.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sportilitica: 8:13pm On Sep 14, 2019
What of Isaac Success? Hope he is gettong back to his former self
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 8:14pm On Sep 14, 2019
The problem with the SE is Rohr. I was a passionate supporter of this man, my enthusiasm for him began to dip shortly before the WC and finally nose dived during the WC especially when a bogey man team like Argentina was there for the taking.

He's too ultra conservative. Too cold for this hot bloods we have. Using 90s football to square our players. Any perceptive observer of our national team can easily see that our players can belt out great football yet there's just this draw soup kinda thing that puts a drag on the team. That's the Rohr effect- to put a clamp on your players, to retreat when you ought to go for a kill.

Ironically the team is evolving under him but he himself seems stuck in a rut.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:15pm On Sep 14, 2019
komekn:

I find it incomprehensible thar someone would be doing emotive somersaults and hurling vitriolic caustic rhetoric against a person that doesn't know you and never probably will.

Apart from the fact your use of language is very unbecoming for a lady.

Add to that an aspiring lawyer.

Am l suprised no but saddened with DISSAPOINTMENT at the level you have stooped too.
abeg ..u sure these grammars dey inside dictionary

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:16pm On Sep 14, 2019
Sportilitica:

He can be biased against the home bred players a lot however it seems a few of his postulations have come to pass. The championship might not be as bad as we think

I remember concluding the championship should be the best 2nd division in the world , i hardly agree with english football but i am being sincere

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 8:17pm On Sep 14, 2019
Ansu Fati, 2goals 1 assist for Barcelona

16 years of age

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:18pm On Sep 14, 2019
BascoVanVeli:
Guinea Bissau should have capped that small boy last year and he should have been captain by now sef grin

How can they cap him when they dont know about him? he was not even in barca b self before making his senior debut
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sportilitica: 8:19pm On Sep 14, 2019
Mujtahida:
The problem with the SE is Rohr. I was a passionate supporter of this man, my enthusiasm for him began to dip shortly before the WC and finally nose dived during the WC especially when a bogey man team like Argentina was there for the taking.

He's too ultra conservative. Too cold for this hot bloods we have. Using 90s football to square our players. Any perceptive observer of our national team can easily see that our players can belt out great football yet there's just this draw soup kinda thing that puts a drag on the team. That's the Rohr effect- to put a clamp on your players, to retreat when you ought to go for a kill.

Honestly, i really hope he can step aside then we can bring in a local coach or anyone of your choice. But don't come back and complain again o. We largely have average players and some potentials who need time to understand each other. Rohr is conservative, yes but a lot of players seem to be benefitting from him directly or indirectly and that us what we need. In a year or two we should have good players in the team then we can speak of tactics

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BetaJobNG: 8:20pm On Sep 14, 2019
komekn you're annoying!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:23pm On Sep 14, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

Ansu Fati: You flatter me Sir Basco....

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 8:31pm On Sep 14, 2019
Sportilitica:

Honestly, i really hope he can step aside then we can bring in a local coach or anyone of your choice. But don't come back and complain again o. We largely have average players and some potentials who need time to understand each other. Rohr is conservative, yes but a lot of players seem to be benefitting from him directly or indirectly and that us what we need. In a year or two we should have good players in the team then we can speak of tactics
we don't need a year or two anymore... We already have "Good players" in the team, they came third in Afcon, and the first 45 minutes against Ukraine tanks against one of our best performances... Replaced a couple of players with new additions, an entirely new forward line "KOC", a newly excellent addition to the middle, and exciting prospect yet to get a cap...

I'm very positive these sets of boys will come good, and I'm sure the performance against Ukraine would be produced more nowadays.... Please no more going back on the "sack coach" or defensive issues, let's look forward to a brighter, faster, attacking super Eagles...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 8:34pm On Sep 14, 2019
Mujtahida:

U will just come out of nowhere and talk angry

Long time boss,where have u been grin grin?

And where is AIG07

(1) (2) (3) ... (7105) (7106) (7107) (7108) (7109) (7110) (7111) ... (16196) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: COOL10(m), Charly17(m), TheGoodJoe(m), elyte89 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.