Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,456 members, 7,861,317 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 09:33 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7106) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11931841 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7103) (7104) (7105) (7106) (7107) (7108) (7109) ... (16336) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:51pm On Sep 14, 2019
Aribo's case if different because we lack quality personal in the CM position and also slim in the midfield department in general.

As it stands now ojo is not better than what we have to offer in the flanks. He is still being monitored but have to make a statement to get a chance.

I rate Ademola lookman ahead of him
Odunayaw:
After 4 goals and a good number of assist? Is that not the same report card of Aribo? I think we need another left footed RW to make Chukwueze stand on his toes. I was very pissed with his display against Ukraine
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 4:51pm On Sep 14, 2019
edi287:

This isn't the 90s. England are producing players on par with their euro counterparts in terms of technical ability, quality on the ball, etc.
A guy like Lookman would make our first 11 easily. England have players in their u21/23 that would make our first team easily.
This our arrogance don dey too much.
which one is "our arrogance" again. Does he speak for more than himself
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 4:52pm On Sep 14, 2019
charlesemeka85:
England football have evolved since the coming of southgate and currently one of the best European teams going to the upcoming euro.

What England lacks is that winning mentality in at the big stage.

England's football has gotten better no doubt,but Southgate doesn't get the biggest share of the credit for that...rather I think Pep,Pochettino and Klopp deserve more of the accolades. Those coaches have totally improved the performance of English players in their team.. Compare Sterling before Pep era to Sterling of today..
In some way,this current England team plays like the top 4 team in the league...

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:53pm On Sep 14, 2019
Baptism of fire for Awaziem as he played all 90mins in leganes' loss to Chukwueze's Villareal 3-0.

Chuks didn't feature at all. Rooted on the bench for all 90 mins.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 4:54pm On Sep 14, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Aribo's case if different because we lack quality personal in the CM position and also slim in the midfield department in general.

As it stands now ojo is not better than what we have to offer in the flanks. He is still being monitored but have to make a statement to get a chance.

I rate Ademola lookman ahead of him
Is Lookman left footed? We need left footed guys on the RW.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:55pm On Sep 14, 2019
I believe the reason for him remaining at leicester is to qualify for an English passport which he is likely to get by next year. Heard such rumor but don't know how true it is
Danielnino00:
If Iheanacho isn't out of Leicester by January,then it means he isn't serious about his career...

All those quotes from Rodgers don't mean sh*t! with Vardy,Barnes and Perez in the team,there's no spot for Nacho.. it doesn't matter what he is doing in training.
The fact that he wasn't even on the bench for their last cup game is disheartening...

From being named the premier league's deadliest striker to a squad member at Leicester!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:57pm On Sep 14, 2019
Oga ojo hv to do more. Chukwueze is left footed
Odunayaw:
Is Lookman left footed? We need left footed guys on the RW.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Famocious(m): 4:58pm On Sep 14, 2019
Semi Ajayi with a goal for WBA..

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:59pm On Sep 14, 2019
U right but southgate implemented the same formula to the national team unlike what would hv been in place if the likes of aladyce or hogson were still in charge.
Danielnino00:

England's football has gotten better no doubt,but Southgate doesn't get the biggest share of the credit for that...rather I think Pep,Pochettino and Klopp deserve more of the accolades. Those coaches have totally improved the performance of English players in their team.. Compare Sterling before Pep era to Sterling of today..
In some way,this current England team plays like the top 4 team in the league...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 5:00pm On Sep 14, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Oga ojo hv to do more. Chukwueze is left footed
What does he need to do? Score double hattricks per game? or you're bent on not just hearing his name.

With Chukwueze's end product leaving much to be desired, we need another leftie to compete on that RW. Hard to understand?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 5:02pm On Sep 14, 2019
charlesemeka85:
I believe the reason for him remaining at leicester is to qualify for an English passport which he is likely to get by next year. Heard such rumor but don't know how true it is

By the time he gets that English passport,he may find himself in the lower division of English football. its not me wishing him bad,but the truth .
I'm very familiar with Rodgers style of management from his time at Liverpool, and unless he has changed, I don't see him giving Iheanacho a run of games anytime soon. Regardless of what he is doing in training...
Vardy is doing fine,Barnes too and Rodgers signed Ayoze Perez himself.... Cup games are about his best chance of getting game time right now.

the longer he stay on Leicester bench, the more his value decreases

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by M7even(m): 5:03pm On Sep 14, 2019
andrew444:

Tammy is not the most hyped player by komekn

Now you don let him head dey big

Forget about tammy better than iheanacho, Good he got his chances and used it well

Even if iheanacho or any nigeria striker scores 20 epl goals,komekn will never say the player is better than any British player

No be komekn wey we know??

Leave matter jare

U suppose get say I dey find him mouth make he talk.... I won rub him ego small, that kind thing grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:03pm On Sep 14, 2019
Ademola Lookman on the bench for RB Leipzig as they take on FC Bayern Munich in the Bundesliga.

Chuba Akpom and Anderson Esiti both start for PAOK as they take on Atromitos in the Greek Super League.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 5:04pm On Sep 14, 2019
charlesemeka85:
U right but southgate implemented the same formula to the national team unlike what would hv been in place if the likes of aladyce or hogson were still in charge.

Yea. that's true....

I gotta say,Southgate is quite unlike other English managers..
A lot of overrated English managers are still stuck in the idea of 20th century football... That's why they are always outshined by their foreign counterparts even in the lower division grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:06pm On Sep 14, 2019
I rest my case. U win!
Odunayaw:
What does he need to do? Score double hattricks per game? or you're bent on not just hearing his name.

With Chukwueze's end product leaving much to be desired, we need another leftie to compete on that RW. Hard to understand?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 5:10pm On Sep 14, 2019
charlesemeka85:
And who told u any of them is been begged? The nff are doing the right thing by approaching them and await patiently for them to decide what's best for them. Which one is begging?

Average 9ja mentality lolz, over pride dey worry us no be small lolz
well, no be say pride like that, but reading comments here about Abraham, makes me feel like we no get any striker in the Eagles...

Also this players should declare their interest in playing for us, eg this ehizibue guy, I heard he refused us before, so why is he now interested, team wey another person go die for, you dey do Shakara... Super Eagles ooo, not crocodiles of Niger ooo abi Chad...

If Tomori wants to play for us, good, I'd be happy, no chealsea player is bad for us, and if he doesn't, he should go and play England...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 5:15pm On Sep 14, 2019
Tammy Abraham is a fucken idiot angry

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:17pm On Sep 14, 2019
M7even:

U suppose get say I dey find him mouth make he talk.... I won rub him ego small, that kind thing grin grin

Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 5:18pm On Sep 14, 2019
charlesemeka85:
England football have evolved since the coming of southgate and currently one of the best European teams going to the upcoming euro.

What England lacks is that winning mentality in at the big stage.
Yep. The likes of Trevor Brooking deserves all the credit. Dude was amongst the guys that pushed for reforms in the English game. Now England are reaping the benefits.
This is what we should be doing at naija...bring the likes of Kojo Williams and ex internationals like Odegbami, Emenalo, Oliseh, Olofinjana, etc.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 5:19pm On Sep 14, 2019
Odunayaw:
which one is "our arrogance" again. Does he speak for more than himself
I meant people that think like that...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:19pm On Sep 14, 2019
And Chuba Akpom scores again in Greece.... this weekend sef... Nigerian players and goals

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by M7even(m): 5:27pm On Sep 14, 2019
safarigirl:

Ehya, embarassedA yellow card plus an own goal would wreck ur FPL.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 5:30pm On Sep 14, 2019
safarigirl:

I endorse this comment.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:30pm On Sep 14, 2019
charlesemeka85:

It's none of the above.

It's pretty simple, who will pay £15 million and on addition the £70k a week he gets for a striker who can't score.

His value must have gone down by at least 30%.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:34pm On Sep 14, 2019
edi287:

This isn't the 90s. England are producing players on par with their euro counterparts in terms of technical ability, quality on the ball, etc.
A guy like Lookman would make our first 11 easily. England have players in their u21/23 that would make our first team easily.
This our arrogance don dey too much.

Lookman will make our team but first 11 might be tricky

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:36pm On Sep 14, 2019
safarigirl:

I find it incomprehensible thar someone would be doing emotive somersaults and hurling vitriolic caustic rhetoric against a person that doesn't know you and never probably will.

Apart from the fact your use of language is very unbecoming for a lady.

Add to that an aspiring lawyer.

Am l suprised no but saddened with DISSAPOINTMENT at the level you have stooped too.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:37pm On Sep 14, 2019
Odunayaw:
Before we donated our senses

Mehn we donated big time.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:38pm On Sep 14, 2019
A player rejected the offer of playing for us but later had a change of heart after weighing his option shouldn't be welcomed?

Do you know how hard the English FA fought to stop Alex Iwobi from playing for us to the extend that 3 lions head coach then hogson had to track Alex at the airport on his way to 9ja to desuade him from playing for us? Isn't that begging?

Do you know how hard the German FA and its English counterpart fought to stop torunarigha and Ademola lookman from playing at the last world cup for us? Isn't that begging as well?

Its normal that these kids will prefer to play for their country of birth because they were raised and groomed in the system but jump ship to join us if their chances are slim making the senior team of their country of birth.

I see nothing wrong in luring this kids to play for us, the aim is to have a good amount of talented young stars to build a formidable team going forward in the future.

Like i always say in some of my post here, Rohr have made the road to the national team very wide for players to fight for a chance to get to the national team by performing well in their respective clubs(most especially the top leagues in Europe). Getting this kids doesn't mean they will be offered a place in the team with ease but to secure them and give them a chance to battle for a place in the team with those we have on ground already.

Look at the case of balogun and Omeruo of late, omeruo is now getting more chance in the team than Balogun who was a main stay at the heart of defence since the German took charge. There is no preferential treatment to these kids or those born in Nigeria, everybody have to fight and do well to get a chance

Starboytwo:
well, no be say pride like that, but reading comments here about Abraham, makes me feel like we no get any striker in the Eagles...

Also this players should declare their interest in playing for us, eg this ehizibue guy, I heard he refused us before, so why is he now interested, team wey another person go die for, you dey do Shakara... Super Eagles ooo, not crocodiles of Niger ooo abi Chad...

If Tomori wants to play for us, good, I'd be happy, no chealsea player is bad for us, and if he doesn't, he should go and play England...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrLikita12(f): 5:42pm On Sep 14, 2019
Rangers lost 2-1 against AS Pelicans.
The return leg will be in two weeks in Enugu

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 5:44pm On Sep 14, 2019
komekn:

I find it incomprehensible thar someone would be doing emotive somersaults and hurling vitriolic caustic rhetoric against a person that doesn't know you and never probably will.

Am l suprised no but saddened with DISSAPOINTMENT at the level you have stopped too.

Nwokem, noo nwayor....people have the right to vent.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 5:52pm On Sep 14, 2019
komekn:

Am l suprised no but saddened with DISSAPOINTMENT at the level you have stopped too.
Your own is to come and be speaking English, without learning the basis of a comment.

If you don't know, ask, or you can collect the insult on his behalf

M7even, thanks for commiserating with me. Man just ruined good 14 points with unnecessary things angry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 5:58pm On Sep 14, 2019
I told you guys to watch out for Norwich. wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (7103) (7104) (7105) (7106) (7107) (7108) (7109) ... (16336) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: komekn(m), yinkeys(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.