Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,437 members, 7,846,802 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 12:34 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7246) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11840821 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7243) (7244) (7245) (7246) (7247) (7248) (7249) ... (16240) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:14am On Oct 03, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

I am pointing to you that Osimhen is better now but was still a good quality player two years ago. You think Rohr would have given Osimhen the 9 shirt of the Super Eagles over Kayode if Rohr did not notice his quality two years ago?

See this man. You too like argument. Did I say he was not good 2 years ago? I only said he is better now. Chai Goodjoe grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:16am On Oct 03, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Long story.

Point is, when a quality player gets a run of games in a good system, he will most likely excel. Mocking a player because he is on the bench shows that the person does not know that even good players can be left on the bench.

Being matter of fact is not mocking.

If you are on the bench and or not making the bench you are SIMPLY NOT GOOD ENOUGH at that time. Anything else is emotive sentiment.

Whether the manager likes you or not you can force the Managers hand by being exceptional. And if he does not play you the manager will have to leave for you.

Do you know that Alan Shearer caused Rudd Gullet to loose his job when he benched him.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:18am On Oct 03, 2019
komekn:

Being matter of fact is not mocking.

If you are on the bench and or not making the bench you are SIMPLY NOT GOOD ENOUGH at that time. Anything else is emotive sentiment.

Whether the manager likes you or not you can force the Managers hand by being exceptional. And if he does not play you the manager will have to leave for you.

Do you know that Alan Shearer caused Rudd Gullet to loose his job when he benched him.

Haaland was on the bench yesterday. Did that mean he was not good enough for the game yesterday?

He later came in and scored.

Soyuncu was on the bench last season, did that mean he was not good enough then?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 7:18am On Oct 03, 2019
rabzy:

Lololol...komekn is always brilliant with his words...uses them to wriggle out of corners...he has said he catches his fun with the thread and I can imagine how much fun he is having with his twists and turns...like a mercurial midfielder.

What's the meaning of 'here and now', is it that particular match, is it a month, that season or years. When he said he has nothing to offer the SE, is it just that match or the during a difficult season, when the boys he likes are having a difficult 'right here and now', does he also say they have nothing to offer the SE.
A boy that went to the under 17 won the cup and came off as the highest goal scorer and then he says he can't get into Chelsea arsenal under 18, how many of those boys prayed and wish they went to the championship, how many of them if substituting with osihmen will come off as the highest goal scorer.
The same attributes he is excoriating the boy for, ' headless running' is the same thing lampard and Ferdinand is praising him for.
He said he is not fast but determined, its either you are fast or not determination does not suddenly turn you to usain bolt, that boy has been determined and aggressive since we knew him. He goes after every ball, the EPL defenders he said are fast and aggressive could not match his speed, he went after tomori got the ball and almost rounded the keeper. It was not him against a defender, it was osihmen against the entire top English defence and dem hear am.
Komekn is wordsmith and I like his temperament, but he is getting riled up recently too, losing some cool.
I mean, in his post, he clearly said "RIGHT NOW, he has nothing to offer the Super Eagles"

RIGHT NOW was two years ago, and two years ago, Osimhen wasn't tearing up any leagues. That post is dated 2017, not 2019, so, he wasn't wrong if it is that post.

The Chelsea U18 talk, I barely regarded

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by eazyjakes(m): 7:20am On Oct 03, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

First is to get it to work on the training pitch then a run of games to show the player's quality.

I have always said that. The run of games is the final frontier to show the player's development.
Very true but training conditions differ slightly from match conditions hence nobody is gonna gift you a run of games just cos you have learnt a lot in training and on d bench. You were not playing Becos others are above u in d pecking order and you will get the games when situation like injuries and team rotations or in some rare cases like chelsea’s,a transfer ban becomes a factor or you show sign of great readiness which itself is a 50-50 gamble from the coach’s point of view!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 7:21am On Oct 03, 2019
rabzy:

If I come get multiple passports nko.
you are a citizen of the passport you are using at whatever point in time.

I'm sure Pius Adesanmi had a Nigerian passport, but he traveled with his Canadian passport and he was counted among Canadians, not Nigerians.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:22am On Oct 03, 2019
TheGoodJoe:
It is not today komekn started. How hilarious the post looks now. grin

I expected maturity from someone who knows the game. To pick a post from two years plus ago to say my deduction was wrong is scratching the bottom of a badly burned pot of jollof.

"Na so hungree de catch you" hungree for unnecessary argument for your breakfast.

Two years ago is a very long time in the context of football.

Two years ago that was my deduction in the context of that game he played. It's there I said. " RIGHT NOW"

Go and chop some akumee with akara and wash down with five alive. Your head is out of synchronisation, U too de hungry.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:22am On Oct 03, 2019
safarigirl:
I mean, in his post, he clearly said "RIGHT NOW, he has nothing to offer the Super Eagles"

RIGHT NOW was two years ago, and two years ago, Osimhen wasn't tearing up any leagues. That post is dated 2017, not 2019, so, he wasn't wrong if it is that post.

Osimhen actually had a lot to offer the Super Eagles. Just that as soon as a coach decides not to give a quality player playing time, he is not regarded and treated like a leper until the player gets a nod and then people start waxing lyrical.

By the way, my comment was about Osimhen not making it in youth teams which was really a joke of a comment.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 7:24am On Oct 03, 2019
[sub][/sub]
TheGoodJoe:

Osimhen actually had a lot to offer the Super Eagles. Just that as soon as a coach decides not to give a quality player playing time, he is not regarded and treated like a leper until the player gets a nod and then people start waxing lyrical.

By the way, my comment was about Osimhen not making it in youth teams which was really a joke of a comment.
ok

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:25am On Oct 03, 2019
komekn:

I expected maturity from someone who knows the game. To pick a post from two years plus ago to say my deduction was wrong is scratching the bottom of a badly burned pot of jollof.

"Na so hungree de catch you" hungree for unnecessary argument for your breakfast.

Two years ago is a very long time in the context of football.

Two years ago that was my deduction in the context of that game he played. It's there I said. " RIGHT NOW"

Go and chop some akumee with alarm and wash down with five alive. Your head is out of synchronisation, U too de hungry.

grin

I knew this your comment will one day bite you in the a** because I knew Osimhen was a smoking brilliant talent.

I have been patiently waiting for two years. grin

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:27am On Oct 03, 2019
safarigirl:

TheGoodJoe you hearam? grin

RIGHT NOW! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:29am On Oct 03, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

grin

I knew this your comment will one day bite you in the a** because I knew Osimhen was a smoking brilliant talent.

I have been patiently waiting for two years. grin

grin abeg free Komekn jare. grin

*In Shina Peter's voice* "Right Now"! We are ready to play music we are ready o grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:33am On Oct 03, 2019
eazyjakes:

Very true but training conditions differ slightly from match conditions hence nobody is gonna gift you a run of games just cos you have learnt a lot in training and on d bench. You were not playing Becos others are above u in d pecking order and you will get the games when situation like injuries and team rotations or in some rare cases like chelsea’s,a transfer ban becomes a factor or you show sign of great readiness which itself is a 50-50 gamble from the coach’s point of view!

Precisely.

When a player is not getting the game time he needs, he has to stay hungry and treat every training session as a Champions League final.

It does two things for the player.

Keeps him ready for his chances that will come and also convinces the manager that he is ready for the shot.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:33am On Oct 03, 2019
safarigirl:

Had to look a quite a few times, didn't believe it was you.

You must have had something different for breakfast, please share l think I need some of that.

Particularly cause it's really cold now 3 Celsius.

Have a good morning lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:33am On Oct 03, 2019
That’s the other side of the story. There will be players who will have long careers with England. It’s his choice to make. Let’s respect it and stop chasing him.

jihday:
body just dey pepper those saying he's not good, the boy is just 22 if he keep his head down he'll surely improve. They said Alli will get 2 caps too but he his proving them wrong.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrLikita12(f): 7:34am On Oct 03, 2019
Icon4s:

TheGoodJoe will continue to argue until he believes he has won the argument wink

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:36am On Oct 03, 2019
Icon4s:

It seems RIGHT NOW is the saving grace. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:37am On Oct 03, 2019
DrLikita12:

TheGoodJoe will continue to argue until he believes he has won the argument wink

More like Annihilated the opposition. Like smoked him to ashes. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:37am On Oct 03, 2019
Call it a rule or whatever. As long as u get my point. This no be law court.
The truth is you will always find people who will discuss about Tammy as if he is a potential SE player. Even after he is capped by England they will still continue talking about what would have been. There is absolutely nothing we can do about it. People are people.

safarigirl:

It's not a rule, wherever did you read that.

If we must discuss Tammy, we can discuss him the same way we discuss Ronaldo and co, as international players. He is not a Super Eagles player, so, we are discussing him in the context of an international player.

Like I said, he is Nigerian in his father's house, on the pitch, he is English. The sooner some people stop forcing us to discuss Tammy as if he is a Super Eagles player, the better for us. His growth, stagnation or whatever will not affect the Nigerian team, will it?

I don't know where forgiveness brought up talk about eligibility and citizenship. My point was clear as day, but can easily be misconstrued by the usual persons.

Even the discussions about Ronaldo and Messi can be tiring in its self. The priority on this thread is Super Eagles players, everyone else is an after-thought, including Tammy.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by rabzy: 7:37am On Oct 03, 2019
safarigirl:
you are a citizen of the passport you are using at whatever point in time.

I'm sure Pius Adesanmi had a Nigerian passport, but he traveled with his Canadian passport and he was counted among Canadians, not Nigerians.
Then this would be strictly for documentation purposes...spies do this a lot, having multiple passports even spying for several countries but you would still be pegged to one country. Basing citizenship on just the papers someone is carrying at a particular time will suffice for documentation purposes with respect to the 'here and now' but won't suffice for other purposes. What if there was a raid in the persons house and multiple genuine passports were found on him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:40am On Oct 03, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Yes, grin.
RIGHT NOW was 2 years ago. So Komekn is home and dry grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:42am On Oct 03, 2019
Icon4s:

Yes, grin.
RIGHT NOW was 2 years ago. So Komekn is home and dry grin grin grin

Waiting for episode 2 if you know what I mean. wink

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 7:44am On Oct 03, 2019
jihday:
body just dey pepper those saying he's not good, the boy is just 22 if he keep his head down he'll surely improve. They said Alli will get 2 caps too but he his proving them wrong.

You got another name aside the mixed Alli? grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:45am On Oct 03, 2019
DrLikita12:

Don't mind him. He is just like another version of Forgiveness. grin

To argue with those two? Na Dem dey go dig up comments you made since like 2015/2016. grin grin grin

So just watch any comments you make "RIGHT NOW" in 2019, because by 2021 or beyond somebody here can use it to hunt you. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by rabzy: 7:45am On Oct 03, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

No worry that 'Right now' don enter our vocab for this thread, it would save a lot of people still. Like 'Right now' chukwueze has nothing to offer SE because he had one bad game.
'Right now', Osihmen has everything to offer Chelsea and stroll into Chelsea team.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:48am On Oct 03, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Waiting for episode 2 if you know what I mean. wink

Chukwueze? grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by eazyjakes(m): 7:51am On Oct 03, 2019
Tammy will come good,I believe his decision is borne out of where his heart truly lies being England. Sometimes, just playing a few games for a country where ur heart belongs could mean much dan earning 100 caps for anoda wen u ain’t happy. Whether we like it or not,as a black man in d western society, u are expected to prove to be twice as competent as ur white folks before u will be given same opportunities as them. If Tammy stays on his feet,he will earn some good caps for England as he seems hungry for success. Personally, he has my best regards!

12 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrLikita12(f): 7:53am On Oct 03, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

More like Annihilated the opposition. Like smoked him to ashes. grin

If you say so grin

Like I said earlier, you will continue to argue until you think you have won. This is a faceless forum and people are busy; they may not have your level of dedication or the amount of time you have. wink

In any case have a wonderful day. I don't like to argue so we'll probably never have that type of discussion here. smiley

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:55am On Oct 03, 2019
Icon4s:

Chukwueze? grin

Do not worry. The stew is still cooking.

When it happens, People be deleting their previous posts like.... grin

[img]https://media1./images/73d3e1d2a0158d01e0b2c2e17aac1946/tenor.gif[/img]

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:56am On Oct 03, 2019
rabzy:

No worry that 'Right now' don enter our vocab for this thread, it would save a lot of people still. Like 'Right now' chukwueze has nothing to offer SE because he had one bad game.
'Right now', Osihmen has everything to offer Chelsea and stroll into Chelsea team.

RIGHT NOW Osimhen, Chukwueze, Aribo and Bonaventure are on fire.

The contest for Nairaland Young player of the year will be interesting. The Brazil and Benin games will determine a lot grin

But I think RIGHT NOW grin Chukwueze and Osimhen are ahead.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:00am On Oct 03, 2019
DrLikita12:

If you say so grin

Like I said earlier, you will continue to argue until you think you have won. This is a faceless forum and people are busy; they may not have your level of dedication or the amount of time you have. wink

In any case have a wonderful day. I don't like to argue so we'll probably never have that type of discussion here. smiley

Please, I have been very scarce here. Just had time because my boss is not around. Either way, I can not kill myself, allow me to flex on top of komekn head. cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by eazyjakes(m): 8:11am On Oct 03, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Do not worry. The stew is still cooking.

When it happens, People be deleting their previous posts like.... grin

[img]https://media1./images/73d3e1d2a0158d01e0b2c2e17aac1946/tenor.gif[/img]
Easy bro.....u did question my assertion dat Mbappe is class more than 2yrs ago cool

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7243) (7244) (7245) (7246) (7247) (7248) (7249) ... (16240) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: chuks404, Marjoribanks, komekn(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.