Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,258 members, 7,829,508 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7248) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11751429 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7245) (7246) (7247) (7248) (7249) (7250) (7251) ... (16182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:53am On Oct 03, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Why was Osimhen not a good player then?

My comment I made then was about the flashes of brilliance I saw when he came on for Nigeria.

When Osimhen had a run of games at Charleroi, he delivered. Because a coach decided not to play Osimhen, did not mean he was not good. When he got a chance with the Olympics team, he delivered.

No one said Osimhen has not improved but he was a good player not given a run of games. Talk less of not making an English youth team which was a joke.

Osimhen is good but didn't deserve to be called to the national team as at the time he was called. That was the subject of discussion and it stills remained valid.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:55am On Oct 03, 2019
BascoVanVeli:
Does anybody doubt that Osimhen took that match yesterday personally?

1. Chelsea is a traditional club in Nigeria. He knows everybody is watching
2. Tammy Abraham
Yes No1,you are right but No2,you are off the mark.

Do you think those guys(players)cares.They are on the field to deliver for their managers cos if they failed there are players on the bench waiting.

Do not be surprised seeing Tammy and Osimehn at club straight away after the match.

I have players as friends and the way they reason you would be surprised as a fan.

Those guys dey enjoy o na we fans dey argues.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:55am On Oct 03, 2019
Osimhen had a chance to play in his teammate for a goal but he decided to have a go and blasted over the net. He is not a selfish player but I wanted to point that out because of the way people bashed Samu for doing the same thing against Ukraine. Sometimes players back themselves and take responsibility this doesn't mean they are selfish.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:56am On Oct 03, 2019
This kid that used only one game at the U-20 WC vs Honduras to collect Golden Boot. Loooolll...

9 goals in one game. Evil pikin. grin Has four UCL goals already. Used Genk to shine ehh... Chaaiii... Erling Haaland is a big young striker who is gonna be really something going forward.

TheGoodJoe:

19-year-old Haaland is just starting. He has scored 17 goals in 10 club games, including four hat-tricks, and will look to add to that tally for Salzburg against Liverpool on Wednesday

And he scored yesterday against Liverpool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOQ1sPIH7QE&app=desktop

Being on the bench does not mean the player is not good.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:58am On Oct 03, 2019
komekn:

It seems your knowledge of immigration law is very limited.

I will like you to think and pause and consider what you have written and the presumptuous supposedly informed deductions you have made.

Now do you know how many Nigerian SE players current and past have Foreign that is non Nigeria. passports ❓ You clearly do not know.

By my own estimation you will find near 70% plus have non Nigerian passports. Therefore according to you most of our SE players are not Nigerian.

And you are a lawyer.

grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:06am On Oct 03, 2019
Kog45:
Gbam.Rightly said thegoodjoe.

Really surprised on some comments made by some respectable guys here on Tammy and Osimehn, funny comments.

I think football development of a talented player depend on manager's faith,really surprised seeing Giroud and Batsuayi on the bench for Tammy,thanks to Lampard self belief.I watched Tammy in Swansea against Man utd and i wondered why this guy was on loan.

Well,i don't see Tammy playing for Nigeria and thank God we have young guys coming up especially highly rated Osimehn with good guidance the guy is going places.

Do we really need to compare the two? too early cos they are young chaps who had opportunity of mangers faith this season and the two are doing well.How i wish having Tammy with Osimehn in SE squad.

Oh!Osimehn in Chelsea?i bet it with anybody that he would rot on bench or always on loan even in this season, not that he is not good but the philosophy of Chelsea,look at Mo Sallah,Da Bruyne static developments at Chelsea and even Osimehn experienced at Wolfsburg,coaches determines player success

This remind me of Iheanacho early impact at man city based on Pellegrinni faith and what happened when Guardiola came,Nacho was out and this is what is affecting Nacho till date. I know a lot here are hammering the poor boy,forgetting that football centred around a lot of factors.Let Nacho see a coach that would throw him in and see rejuvenated Nacho.

We most time condemned Ighalo but Rohr faith in him paid off,highest goal scorer at afcon.If some are Rohr,Ighalo would not be on eagles bench talkless of starting eleven.

I remember Kokmne always talking how Dominic Iorfa was sidelined at Wolves and how it affected the guy development.Really surprised seeing Tomori doing well. This was a guy that was below averaged at Hull but with Lampard at Derby we all saw solid Fikayo Tomori and the development continues with Lampard at Chelsea.

I totally agreed with thegoodjoe, a talented player can only be guide by faith of a manager.

Masterpiece.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 11:08am On Oct 03, 2019
BascoVanVeli:
Osimhen had a chance to play in his teammate for a goal but he decided to have a go and blasted over the net. He is not a selfish player but I wanted to point that out because of the way people bashed Samu for doing the same thing against Ukraine. Sometimes players back themselves and take responsibility this doesn't mean they are selfish.
Osimehn can do better next time and in club football you can be forgiven but in national team you can go for it.

Ask Samson Siasia (Cote d voire vs Nigeria)WC qualifier,this nailed him from starting eleven in SE and Amokachie seized the opportunity.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:10am On Oct 03, 2019
Icon4s:

Don't mind him. He is just like another version of Forgiveness. grin

To argue with those two? Na Dem dey go dig up comments you made since like 2015/2016. grin grin grin

So just watch any comments you make "RIGHT NOW" in 2019, because by 2021 or beyond somebody here can use it to hunt you. grin grin grin

Hehehehehehe! This caught me. grin

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:12am On Oct 03, 2019
Wilfred Ndidi makes the FIFA 20 Ultimate Team of the Week with a card upgrade of 84. His Original card of 81 still stands though but if you know how TOTW works, you will know that this is another version of Ndidi in FIFA 20. An In-form Version aka TOTW version.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:15am On Oct 03, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Do not worry. The stew is still cooking.

When it happens, People be deleting their previous posts like.... grin

[img]https://media1./images/73d3e1d2a0158d01e0b2c2e17aac1946/tenor.gif[/img]

Hahahaha! Na who bi dat? Ico....... grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:18am On Oct 03, 2019
eazyjakes:

Easy bro.....u did question my assertion dat Mbappe is class more than 2yrs ago cool

Ekpe! This one na for throat you holl-am. Trust him, he go commot neck. grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:22am On Oct 03, 2019
elyte89:

These re just funny tots and dts all,most of dis scenarios doesn't work out most times in real life situations... A good example is nacho,when nacho was adjudged d deadliest striker behind c.Rinaldo in Europe due to his goal ratio per minute on d Field under pellegrini,we all taught nacho would turn to a beast under guardiola when he was announced as d replacement coach to pellegrini

What happened afterwards....baba was just "soaking" up drills and tactics under guardiola,up till now,he's till soaking up knowledge... In theGoodjoe voice...anyway what am trying to say is @ d moment Tammy is proving himself in a big club(Chelsea) and he has also proven himself in small clubsand its a possibility dt if osimhen moves to a "big club" ,dont be surprise,he might also flop or or become a success.. So its a two way thing.nothing is guaranteed in life,until it happens

Gbam!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:25am On Oct 03, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

I am not sold.

Joao Felix has done virtually nothing in the game of football but I am head over heels for him. Haaland is just starting but I am thrilled by him.

I watched Bernado Silva and Mbappe in that game. I was over the moon with Bernado Silva and Lemar's performance, over Mbappe.

It is a thing of preference.

Mbappe has been brilliant but not yet won me over. I like and respect the dude. I am just not yet sold. Not a kid that will have me turning off something I am doing to watch excitedly.

Why don't you respect Komekn's view then? You own even get k-leg pass.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:27am On Oct 03, 2019
Kog45:

Do you think those guys(players)cares.They are on the field to deliver for their managers cos if they failed, there are players on the bench waiting.

Do not be surprises seeing Tammy and Osimehn at club straight away after the match.

I have players as friends and the way they reason you would be surprised as fan.

First of all if u are a top athlete you will always relish going up against other quality athletes. You will always want to prove that you are a better striker than the one you are facing. Then we add that the said striker is a Nigerian that the NFF are begging to basically take or at least share your spot on the national team. Are you telling me that you yourself would not come with the house for that match?

Victor Osimhen is a very driven individual. When he went to Belgium there was too much talk about him being a flop and once he proved doubters wrong he made sure to tell a reporter that he read things people were saying.

I personally don't advice athletes to do this but there are the few like Victor who will take those words and turn them into fuel that they need to fly.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:41am On Oct 03, 2019
Look at this arsenal bench looking like a Nigerian team bench, those of you who are against foreign born una go tire

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:42am On Oct 03, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Haaland was on the bench yesterday. Did that mean he was not good enough for the game yesterday?

He later came in and scored.

Soyuncu was on the bench last season, did that mean he was not good enough then?
he was not better than Maguire
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 11:43am On Oct 03, 2019
Icon4s:

He is not eligible. Like-wise Joe Aribo's who is 23.
Our Young player of the year award is for players 21yrs or less.
Then why does u23 age grade football exist? A player at that age is still young.

And your insinuating that Tammy Abraham is no more a young player as he's now 22 so he wo young be mentioned in the top forty young players in the world for instance?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 11:48am On Oct 03, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Ironically, I am still not sold on Mbappe. He has done well but I am not sold.

My eyes are on Haaland. If he continues with the form close to what he has shown, he will be my ideal class for a pure high grade talent.
You'd pick a Haaland over Mbappe?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 11:50am On Oct 03, 2019
jihday:
he was not better than Maguire

He is not playing so you cant know how good he is
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 11:52am On Oct 03, 2019
Earthquake1:

Mbappe has won the golden boy award, the world cup, the Ligue 1,the highest goal scorer in ligue 1,The best player in Ligue 1, The world XI and is currently the most valuable player in the world

Chai TheGoodJoe!
Who the hell is Haaland where there is Mbappe? what and what has he achieved? Where is he playing?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 11:53am On Oct 03, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

First of all if u are a top athlete you will always relish going up against other quality athletes. You will always want to prove that you are a better striker than the one you are facing. Then we add that the said striker is a Nigerian that the NFF are begging to basically take or at least share your spot on the national team. Are you telling me that you yourself would not come with the house for that match?

Victor Osimhen is a very driven individual. When he went to Belgium there was too much talk about him being a flop and once he proved doubters wrong he made sure to tell a reporter that he read things people were saying.

I personally don't advice athletes to do this but there are the few like Victor who will take those words and turn them into fuel that they need to fly.
I got your point but fact still remain that you are talking as a fan not as Osimehn.

as i said your No1 could be valid, playing against Chelsea is massive.

No2,off the mark,Tammy and Osimehn are not rivals

..but nairaland SE section rivals(Tammy)Kokmne vs (Osimehn) Thesupernerd.

Just damn happy for the two young guys.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 11:53am On Oct 03, 2019
Kog45:

Do you think those guys(players)cares.They are on the field to deliver for their managers cos if they failed there are players on the bench waiting.

Do not be surprised seeing Tammy and Osimehn at club straight away after the match.

I have players as friends and the way they reason you would be surprised as a fan.

Tell them

They think footballers dont enjoy their self as normal guys, i just dey look them
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:59am On Oct 03, 2019
You don't even know Osimhen. I know someone who walked and still walks with him. Osimhen is a very competitive lad so you cannot tell me he isn't aware of the talks of Tammy and him.

The lad is on Twitter and he gets tagged all the time and he sees it. So No 2 is not entirely off the mark. Osimhen really wanted to get one back over Tammy yesterday and he did. It was no coincidence he scored that goal. He scored because he wanted to do so badly and also because he is aware of the Osimhen-Tammy talks. If you think these footballers don't compete then that is funny. Even CR7 and Messi know about the talks of their rivalries yet we fans wanted to convince ourselves that they don't care. Lol...

Kog45:
I got your point but fact still remain that you are talking as a fan not as Osimehn.

as i said your No1 could be valid, playing against Chelsea is massive.

No2,off the mark,Tammy and Osimehn are not rivals

..but nairaland SE section rivals(Tammy)Kokmne vs (Osimehn) Thesupernerd.

Just damn happy for the two young guys.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 12:02pm On Oct 03, 2019
eazyjakes:

Easy bro.....u did question my assertion dat Mbappe is class more than 2yrs ago cool

Bro why you like this na grin this was when them dey clear us that Iheanacho is better than Mbappe. Chei

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 12:03pm On Oct 03, 2019
andrew444:

He is not playing so you cant know how good he is
their trainer knows and he concluded he's not better
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:09pm On Oct 03, 2019
jihday:
their trainer knows and he concluded he's not better

Trainer knows no shit, na make dem give player chance for field abeg

And i am not even comparing both of them, but dont judge a player who is not having game time

There are some players that will have bad games and the coach will still refuse to give the ones in the bench chance

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 12:10pm On Oct 03, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

I am not sold.

Joao Felix has done virtually nothing in the game of football but I am head over heels for him. Haaland is just starting but I am thrilled by him.

I watched Bernado Silva and Mbappe in that game. I was over the moon with Bernado Silva and Lemar's performance, over Mbappe.

It is a thing of preference.

Mbappe has been brilliant but not yet won me over. I like and respect the dude. I am just not yet sold. Not a kid that will have me turning off something I am doing to watch excitedly.
but you are totally sold on Iheanacho, nice logic

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Toylove: 12:14pm On Oct 03, 2019
simiife:

Pls which site is dis??
Sofa score app
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 12:18pm On Oct 03, 2019
andrew444:

Trainer knows no shit, na make dem give player chance for field abeg

And i am not even comparing both of them, but dont judge a player who is not having game time

There are some players that will have bad games and the coach will still refuse to give the ones in the bench chance
I'm not comparing them but Maguire was massive and very good, do you expect Rodgers to throw him to the bench IFO a rookie? If the guy plays badly it could backfire and may never regain confidence
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:18pm On Oct 03, 2019
jihday:
but you are totally sold on Iheanacho, nice logic

On this thread, I have repeatedly called for Nacho to learn, study players, work on improving his tactical knowledge and play, study Firmino etc. So where you got sold on Nacho beats my imagination.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:20pm On Oct 03, 2019
MetalJigsaw:
You'd pick a Haaland over Mbappe?

18 goals in 11 games, including 4 Hat tricks and he is just getting started.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:20pm On Oct 03, 2019
jihday:
I'm not comparing them but Maguire was massive and very good, do you expect Rodgers to throw him to the bench IFO a rookie? If the guy plays badly it could backfire and may never regain confidence

I didnt expect him to be benched because maguire is good, but why didnt rodgers bench wes morgan when joihnny evans was injured last season?

I am happy soynocu is getting his time now, you wouldn't have known he is this good , dont be surprise if he becomes a better player than maguire later

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7245) (7246) (7247) (7248) (7249) (7250) (7251) ... (16182) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Deee4dammy, Bbdot(m), lukasa, Tinneh, kendrick9(m), Lawag3 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.