Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,286 members, 7,846,305 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (752) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11838383 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (749) (750) (751) (752) (753) (754) (755) ... (16238) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 6:17pm On Apr 02, 2017
opes:
Etebor on goal
Etebor scored? Or he's playing in goal?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 6:18pm On Apr 02, 2017
Kalu Uche Scores Winner Against Ike’s Gimnastic

By Johnny Edward:

Former Nigeria international Kalu Uche was the match winner for his Spanish second division side Almeria on Sunday when he scored the only goal for the relegation battlers in a 1-0 win against Gimnastic.

Kalu’s younger brother Ikechukwu was not in Gimnastic’s line-up.
It was his first goal of the season for Almeria since his return to the club in February for a third spell.

He scored the only goal of the game in the 72nd minute to give his side hope of surviving relegation at the end of the season with ten games left to play.

Almeria’s Nigerian midfielder Ramon Azeez who was not listed for the encounter, although he has scored twice in 14 appearances.

Almeria are placed 19th in the Spanish second division league table with 35 points in 32 games.

Almeria will host Real Zaragoza in their next game.

www.completesportsnigeria.com/kalu-uche-scores-winner-ikes-gimnastic/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:19pm On Apr 02, 2017
Troost Why naa? sad

Now Kalu is out.... will be really tough for Simon carrying the team's attack now.... sad

tbaba123456:
Red Card for Troost Ekong... 2 yellows within 5 minutes
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:19pm On Apr 02, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Oga thank you Biko.... thank you for being a perfect reminder that we also have Brian Idowu.... a fullback who can play as both right back and left back.... wow! can't believe I almost forgot about him....

So it can Elderson, Jordan and Idowu.... grin

Uhmmmm... Sir TheGoodJoe... abeg forgive me for not calling Oshaniwa ooo.... abeg no break your plank for ma head.... u can add him as no.4 shaa... in the left back role... looolll

**runs from TheGoodJoe's presence** (whenever he shows up) grin

you are welcome...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:21pm On Apr 02, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Troost Why naa? sad

Now Kalu is out.... will be really tough for Simon carrying the team's attack now.... sad

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:22pm On Apr 02, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
No naa.... Chief Icon4s.... that is not why I mentioned You.... wink

I know you didn't say he isn't good... and yes we both agreed he should try make it with the Chan team to further prove his class and readiness to step up levels.... smiley

I just wanted you to be aware of his progress so far... grin

No wahala.
Me too dey follow the league wella.

Muazam also scored last week.

I watch selected matches by Super sports at my leisure times, though relayed games.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 6:24pm On Apr 02, 2017
Oliseh Leads 10-Man Sittard To Draw Vs Nwakali’s Maastricht

Former Nigeria coach Sunday Oliseh’s Fortuna Sittard played out a 1-1 draw against Kelechi Nwakali’s MVV Maastricht in a Dutch second division league clash on Sunday, reports Comple tesportsnigeria.com.

Nigerian youngster and Arsenal loanee Nwakali was on for the full game and got a yellow card.
It was Fortuna Sittard’s fifth draw under Oliseh in 13 games.

Patrick Nkoyi gave hosts Maastricht the lead in the 23rd minute but a freekick from Emrah Bassan earned the visitors who finished the game with 10 men a share of the spoils.

Jordie Briels was sent off in the 83rd minute for a reckless tackle.
The result took Fortuna Sittard up to 15th in the Dutch Jupiler League with 35 points from 32 games, one point above Telstar who lost 2-0 to Almere City on Saturday.

Fortuna Sittard host 12th placed Helmond Sport in their next game this Friday.

www.completesportsnigeria.com/oliseh-leads-10-man-sittard-draw-vs-nwakalis-maastricht/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:25pm On Apr 02, 2017
Humility017:

I think he is currently not a first choice player in his team..
that might limit his changes... moreover a lot of options are now available to rohr.. even idowu is there
SE is now more competitive than before

Bros na wa o. U sef no dey sabi when pessin dey play sef?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:30pm On Apr 02, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Troost Why naa? sad

Troost Ekong.

His game has nt been impressive of late.
He was never a first teamer both under Keshi and Oliseh. Rio catapulted him.

Hmmmm... I remember the debate we had abt him and Omeruo. Who is better.

We need to reopen that discussion. Jst thinking.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:32pm On Apr 02, 2017
it's been a while we've seen those kind of crosses in SE play. Reminiscent of Finidi George.

TheSuperNerd:

That Kalu is very good.... I mean very very good... ofcos he still has weaknesses but that can be worked on with time. He is just 18 or 19 I think. smiley

Good To see Him and Simon Moses combining nicely...

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:44pm On Apr 02, 2017
Are you saying that because of the red, or his overall game play?
Troost has been steady for SE.

Icon4s:

Troost Ekong.

His game has nt been impressive of late.
He was never a first teamer both under Keshi and Oliseh. Rio catapulted him.

Hmmmm... I remember the debate we had abt him and Omeruo. Who is better.

We need to reopen that discussion. Jst thinking.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:45pm On Apr 02, 2017
Icon4s:

Bros na wa o. U sef no dey sabi when pessin dey play sef?
Lol...nor mind me abeg... I am already dreaming of Russia 2018...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:47pm On Apr 02, 2017
Joebie:
Are you saying that because of the red, or his overall game play?
Troost has been steady for SE.

His overall game play. Including the Super Eagles. Nt jst bc of this red card incidence.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:51pm On Apr 02, 2017
He's been pretty good at the qualifiers though. Solid in Rio

Icon4s:

His overall game play. Including the Super Eagles. Nt jst bc of this red card incidence.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:54pm On Apr 02, 2017
Joebie:
He's been pretty good at the qualifiers though. Solid in Rio

Have you been following his club performance in the last 6months?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:58pm On Apr 02, 2017
The Championship Group format employed in the Jupiler League is a nice format I think NPFL should adopt to determine the league champions.
The top 6 teams play each other again, but without resetting the points they had garnered.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:59pm On Apr 02, 2017
Since after his loan spell?

Icon4s:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba123456: 6:59pm On Apr 02, 2017
Icon4s:

He made the team of the season in Norway then moved back to Gent in January and has not played much... And they had clean sheets in the games he did.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba123456: 7:00pm On Apr 02, 2017
Gent managed to win 2:1
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:01pm On Apr 02, 2017
Joebie:
Since after his loan spell?
Yeah.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:05pm On Apr 02, 2017
He is goal-bound..lol
goldfish80:

Etebor scored? Or he's playing in goal?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:06pm On Apr 02, 2017
Rotational policy na. U know sef. But did not feature in Europe I think

Icon4s:

Yeah.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba123456: 7:06pm On Apr 02, 2017

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba123456: 7:07pm On Apr 02, 2017
Etebo scored a winning penalty

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:15pm On Apr 02, 2017
Icon4s:

Was it not than same Teslim Balogun pitch that Manu's 2015 Flying Eagles won the Super 6 tourney?

Amuneke had a 2-1 away advantage. He went and was playing Tikky takka on a wet surface and lost 4-3 even from a 3-2 lead at a point in the game. That is unpardonable.

He has done the right thing by going back to coaching school.

Why did we play the team on a pitch that was disadvantageous in such a crucial game. It was a tiki taka team. Yet our NFF played them on a poor pitch. Reminds me of the NFF sending the Super Eagles up North against their wishes. We failed that team. There is no need pinning it on Amunike.

Other coaches keep improving themselves that has nothing to do with not qualifying. He will keep working on improving.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:17pm On Apr 02, 2017
Icon4s:

That team failed themselves not even the nation Bc we as a nation have moved on. Most of them have lost the opportunity to market their skills to the world.

The players were inadequate and the coach inexperienced.

Long story. How can they be judged inadequate when we kept them under poor conditions. I wonder why it is so hard for you to accept that team were poorly treated. It is a mystery. The players even went on strike because of the conditions. Baffling.

We can not treat all U20 teams that way and expect them to deliver.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 7:17pm On Apr 02, 2017
tbaba123456:
Dennis Bonaventure's goal in Ukraine

http://livetv.sx/enx/showvideo/448084_zoria_shakhtar_dn/
this boy has been in my radar since, after his performance against man united in europa league
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Dedebanky85: 7:20pm On Apr 02, 2017
I agree with you bro... Lagos was specifically chosen due to the teams playing pattern which entails keeping the ball on the ground and passing swiftly. Testimony stadium has the best playing surface. If not that senior players don't like playing on artificial pitch, I'd have loved all SE games on that pitch. Nobody could foresee the rain. I don't know why the referee didn't call off the game the moment it became water logged. From what I learnt the Sudanese were bigger and resorted to up balls which helped them. But Amuneke advised the team to still maintain their passing game on the water logged pitch.

Icon4s:

You cant tell me that u dnt know that the Teslim Balogun stadium has abt the best artificial pitch in Nigeria.

The issue was not the Pitch bt the heavy rain that took place hours before and during the match.
Now dnt raise an issue of poor drainage in the Teslim Balogun stadium bc the PH and Calabar stadiums are not any better.

To your second paragraph, that statement u jst made is not an evidence that the boys were not paid their U17 qualification allowances.
So pls i need something more concrete. Show me any link to that claim.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:21pm On Apr 02, 2017
Icon4s:

So how did the Sudanese cope or did they come along with their natural grass?

Now this is a joke. A team that relies on physical, aerial balls will consider those conditions a gold mine unlike a tip tap team that requires good turf.

That is like asking why Barcelona found it difficult playing on the Real Madrid pitch after Mourinho refused to cut the grass.

Do you think Stoke under Tony Pulis will prefer to play Arsenal on a clean pitch or a waterlogged one?

The NFF failed them. It is a fact we must address, if not it will repeat itself again.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 7:22pm On Apr 02, 2017
opes:
Etebor on goal

Eagles Star Etebo Nets Late Winning Goal For Portuguese Side CD Feirense

Portuguese side CD Feirense moved up the table in the league with a 2-1 win away at Belenenses thanks to a late goal from their Nigerian forward Oghenekaro Etebo.

Juanto Ortuno gave Belenenses a 17th minute lead, which they hanged onto till the half-time break, but nine minutes after the hour mark Edson Paraiba levelled the scores for the visitors.

The game appeared to be heading for a stalemate until one minute to full time when CD Feirense Nigerian star Oghenekaro stepped up to net what ended as the winner from the spot.

He now has two goals in the league as he scored his first league goal for the Portuguese side before the international break in their 3-2 win over Chaves. So far he has found the back of the net three times in all competition.

* Daniel Martins

owngoalnigeria.com/2017/04/02/eagles-star-etebo-nets-late-winning-goal-for-portuguese-side-cd-feirense/

cc: TheSuperNerd, goldfish80, Joebie.....

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:30pm On Apr 02, 2017
Humility017:

I like the part..when you said "but his choice of players"
our local coaches all have that problem...... same with keshi. we all are fully at rest knowing well that rohr will always field the right players but same can never be said if he was a Nigerian or one of our ex-internationals

I really think amuneke messed up big time him and his boys had the opportunity to make history by competing and winning the under 20 world cup and who knows the boys will get juicy contracts from that... and him too will raise his profile and get a good coaching job elsewhere even in Europe but he blew it up

What did Amunike do wrong because I do not get it? The boys lost out after they got fed up with the way the officials treated them. If you followed behind the scenes of the U17, the murmuring was already on. Amunike managed the team under bad conditions and lost under poor playing conditions. Why are people hell bent on the choice of players when the NFF made it difficult for the team to qualify. Judge them on fair conditions and not bias one.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:39pm On Apr 02, 2017
Humility017:

wow such a great goal...
why the acrobatic display.. he can get injured from that...
anyway. that kalu guy is really good...no one could imagine...he is playing his first season in Belgian top flight.
rohr really has plenty options at his disposal..

I hope our up and coming players see this, Belgium is good for u.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (749) (750) (751) (752) (753) (754) (755) ... (16238) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Meliforme, quickberry(m), Philosopher1979, Oasis007(m), ThanosKilla(m), ouzo1(m), Jefersoun and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.