Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,247 members, 7,846,158 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (753) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11837952 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (750) (751) (752) (753) (754) (755) (756) ... (16237) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 7:50pm On Apr 02, 2017
Iwobi Misses Chance To Net The Winner As Arsenal Share Spoils With Man City

Arsenal were held to a 2-2 draw by Manchester City in a Premier League encounter at the Emirates Stadium on Sunday evening.

The visitors had a 2-1 advantage heading into the interval thanks to goals from Leroy Sane and Sergio Aguero.

On 40 minutes, Walcott had provided temporary relief when he restored parity from close range, but City were back in front two minutes eleven seconds later courtesy of a brilliant finish from their Argentinian striker.

From a corner, Shkodran Mustafi was more committed and got ahead of Otamendi and equalized with a header eight minutes after the restart.

Iwobi came on in place of Welbeck in the 77th minute and missed a chance to snatch a late winner, he didn’t get more control of things before he got his shot away in the 88th minute.

Manchester City number 72 Kelechi Iheanacho was not included in the 18-man squad for the fifth time in the Premier League this season.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=22584
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:26pm On Apr 02, 2017
tbaba123456:

Yes, but he is worth looking at for the future... We do not have too many options at CB. Balogun is injury prone..Ekong and Omeruo are the only other natural CB. Awaziem is still pretty young and playing for Porto B. Agbo is more of a DM..

We don't need wait until he becomes a Super star before we start chasing after him.

Looking at the way he controlled the ball and hit his target and looking at his age, this boy could go places.

We need to approach him and those two German boys.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:29pm On Apr 02, 2017
TheSuperNerd:

Well, we also still have Kenny Otigba in the picture as CB.

I think he needs to go back to Holland.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:36pm On Apr 02, 2017
Icon4s:

His team mates weren't giving him balls. Now that got me laughing.

But contrary to what pple think he performed more than i expected at Rio.

Jst 19, he has a lot to learn. He will for now just lump him into the basket of our teem strikers/forwards. Other players in that basket: Victor Osimhen, Taiwo Awoniyi, Orji Okonkwo, Henry Onyekuru, Steven Odey among others.

Henry Onyekuru is not there mate, na. grin

Orji Okonkwo has not played for the first team yet.

I think Taiwo and Awoniyi are in the same class while Victor Osimhen needs to prove himself. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:40pm On Apr 02, 2017
Icon4s:

Wow! all 4 Nigerians.

I kind of like this Gent team bc of their confidence in Nigerian players.

I think the Success they had with Simon Moses led them to buy Rabiu and Kalu from the same club they bought Simon.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:43pm On Apr 02, 2017
I think he will eventually.... as he is on loan from Heerenven.

He is such a class act in defence but really needs to step things up for himself too.

forgiveness:

I think he needs to go back to Holland.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:46pm On Apr 02, 2017
No be matter of "I think".... make we talk true.... Simon Moses was the major reason KAA Gent decided to go for Samuel Kalu and also Rabiu Ibrahim. smiley

Yes it is true both Kalu and Rabiu were signed on merit too but Moses' exploits for Gent made it easier.

Gent and As Trencin have a kinda good relationship when it comes to players transfer and Simon Moses was the breakthrough point for players like Kalu and Rabiu to come into the club.

Moses' quality has made them show faith in Nigerian talents.

forgiveness:

I think the Success they had with Simon Moses led them to buy Rabiu and Kalu from the same club they bought Simon.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:48pm On Apr 02, 2017
Icon4s:

That ur comment reminded me of one of my pals way back by name Shola.

Ade Akinbiyi of Leicester City, if u remember him, was in the spot light then.

We heard so much of him and had an opportunity of watching him in a Cup game.

Leicester lost. Akinbiyi had no impact in the match. My friend now said ' him men no pass ball give am'. Lol! Just almost d way u said it.

But the few times he was given the ball he looked dangerous.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:52pm On Apr 02, 2017
forgiveness:

Henry Onyekuru is not there mate, na. grin

Orji Okonkwo has not played for the first team yet.

I think Taiwo and Awoniyi are in the same class while Victor Osimhen needs to prove himself. grin

Orji Okonkwo has played a couple of games for the first team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:52pm On Apr 02, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
No be matter of "I think".... make we talk true.... Simon Moses was the major reason KAA Gent decided to go for Samuel Kalu and also Rabiu Ibrahim. smiley

Yes it is true both Kalu and Rabiu were signed on merit too but Moses' exploits for Gent made it easier.

Gent and As Trencin have a kinda good relationship when it comes to players transfer and Simon Moses was the breakthrough point for players like Kalu and Rabiu to come into the club.

Moses' quality has made them show faith in Nigerian talents.

I hope Belgium becomes the Mecca for Nigeria players willing to break through.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Dedebanky85: 8:54pm On Apr 02, 2017
Bro I like u optimism, but you get mind ooooo. Shwwwuuuuoooo! When you are mentioning nations that have array of talents you mentioned Nigeria with those mighty countries? See the country sef and the names of players you called. Portugal, Germany, France and Nigeria. My brother if you get liver put this post on an int'l forum like espn or goal not the Nigerian version, and include the names of the Naija player and track the comments below ur post. We only know these Naija players cos they are Nigerians.... Make we no de get things twisted. SuperNerd you know better na.
I'm happy we are having potential players, but to equate them to the array of talents these countries have is an int'l deceit....

TheSuperNerd:
It is good to always have a fantastic quality pool of fine players and super talnets....

In the world of football today, I must say that The nations witnessing a rapid breakthrough of abundant top young talents (u-21/23) and massive improvements from their players are as follows....

- France: Mbappe, Coman, Bakayoko, Benjamin Mendy, Lemar, Ousmane Dembele, Adrien Rabiot, Alban Lafont (my most favorite young teenage goalie right now... i rate him slightly ahead of Donnarunma), Moussa Dembele (Sir Komekn's nephew) grin , Anthony Martial.... etc....

- Nigeria: Onyekuru, Samuel Kalu, Kelechi Nwakali, Alex Iwobi, Ademola Lookman, Kelechi Iheanacho, Ndidi, Orji Okonkwo, Isaac Success, etc....

- Portugal: Andre Silva, Renato Sanches, Bernardo Silva, Adrien Silva, Andre Gomes, etc.....

-Germany: Julian Brandt, Julian Draxler, Leroy Sane, Davie Selke, Werner, Joshua Kimmich, etc....

These four nations...... hmmmmm..... Brazil, Spain, Netherlands, and even Italy with Donnarumma dey ooo.... Even Senegal deserves a mention.... but these four above lead the way in terms of stars for the future in abundance....

So in all... this is really good for our football.... smiley

Our second Golden generation is still super possible with these lads and more to come...

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:54pm On Apr 02, 2017
I believe Manuel Akanji is on our radar. We know how good a player must be before he stars for FC Basel. And Basel almost always make the UCL group stages....

Let's hope we get him for good sooner rather than later.

As for Felix and Jordan in Germany.... relax yasef..... grin Rohr will not allow those boys pass him by.... grin

forgiveness:

We don't need wait until he becomes a Super star before we start chasing after him.

Looking at the way he controlled the ball and hit his target and looking at his age, this boy could go places.

We need to approach him and those two German boys.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:56pm On Apr 02, 2017
Anybody seeing Uche Agbo against FC Barcelona?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:57pm On Apr 02, 2017
I am pretty sure you also haven't heard of Alban Lafont or even Adrien Silva..... or even Davie selke or Werner.... grin

Onyekuru is known....

Simon Moses is known....

Kelechi Nwakali made the World rated NxtGen 50 won by Donnarumma and had Mbappe in second.

Iheanacho is known....

Iwobi is known.... etc....

So my list will stand even on an international forum.... smiley

Note: Even some fraction of the Spanish media have written about Nigeria's next generation of talents and they made mention of Kelechi Nwakali, Wilfred Ndidi, Kelechi Iheanacho, Alex Iwobi, Etebo oghenekaro, et all who will be led by Mikel Obi if we make the Russia 2018 train.

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/12/06/spanish-paper-predicts-rohr-mikel-will-lead-nigeria-golden-generation-to-glory-in-2018/

Dedebanky85:
Bro I like u optimism, but you get mind ooooo. Shwwwuuuuoooo! When you are mentioning nations that have array of talents you mentioned Nigeria with those mighty countries? See the country sef and the names of players you called. Portugal, Germany, France and Nigeria. My brother if you get liver put this post on an int'l forum like espn or goal not the Nigerian version, and include the names of the Naija player and track the comments below ur post. We only know these Naija players cos they are Nigerians.... Make we no de get things twisted. SuperNerd you know better na.
I'm happy we are having potential players, but to equate them to the array of talents these countries have is an int'l deceit....

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:03pm On Apr 02, 2017
tbaba1234:

Orji Okonkwo has played a couple of games for the first team.
[quote author=tbaba1234 post=55203660]

I see. The last time I checked he hasn't.

I can see he has played 4 times with 33 minutes game time this season.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba123456: 9:08pm On Apr 02, 2017

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba123456: 9:08pm On Apr 02, 2017
[quote author=forgiveness post=55204083][/quote]

He has..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:10pm On Apr 02, 2017
[quote author=forgiveness post=55204083][/quote]

Ogbeni ur mercurial Ajagun chop sand today oo lol. Dem sub am out before the resumption of the second half against ur boy's (ebuechi (Ebuehi)) Den Haag. Don't u think it is about time he got a call up to unsurp Mikel (the Chinese product)?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:11pm On Apr 02, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
It is good to always have a fantastic quality pool of fine players and super talnets....

In the world of football today, I must say that The nations witnessing a rapid breakthrough of abundant top young talents (u-21/23) and massive improvements from their players are as follows....

- France: Mbappe, Coman, Bakayoko, Benjamin Mendy, Lemar, Ousmane Dembele, Adrien Rabiot, Alban Lafont (my most favorite young teenage goalie right now... i rate him slightly ahead of Donnarunma), Moussa Dembele (Sir Komekn's nephew) grin , Anthony Martial.... etc....

- Nigeria: Onyekuru, Samuel Kalu, Kelechi Nwakali, Alex Iwobi, Ademola Lookman, Kelechi Iheanacho, Ndidi, Orji Okonkwo, Isaac Success, etc....

- Portugal: Andre Silva, Renato Sanches, Bernardo Silva, Adrien Silva, Andre Gomes, etc.....

-Germany: Julian Brandt, Julian Draxler, Leroy Sane, Davie Selke, Werner, Joshua Kimmich, etc....

These four nations...... hmmmmm..... Brazil, Spain, Netherlands, and even Italy with Donnarumma dey ooo.... Even Senegal deserves a mention.... but these four above lead the way in terms of stars for the future in abundance....

So in all... this is really good for our football.... smiley

Our second Golden generation is still super possible with these lads and more to come...

*swallow spit * grin

My liver cut whenever I see France. grin

That Mbappe guy is too goooooood. grin

Now, I know why the hype. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:12pm On Apr 02, 2017
tbaba123456:

He has..

I acknowledged already.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:14pm On Apr 02, 2017

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:17pm On Apr 02, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
That Brazilian front 3 na die..... Neymar, Gabby Jesus and Coutinho....

Even in Gabby Jesus' absence, you can see the way Paulinho stepped up from his CM position.

They still get Douglas Costa ooo... Brazil's team synergy is coming back and they will be a strong force at Russia 2018.

As for Jordan Of Hertha BSC, I believe we will get him and finally have a good backup for Echiejile... smiley

But we must not stop at Jordan... we need yet another left back option... at least one more cover for both Elderson and Jordan...

Make theGoodJoe no kill me for sounding like I have forgotten Oshaniwa oooo..... **pulls off shoes.. ready to run on sighting Sir TheGoodJoe**

You are right on point with the synergy of the Brazilian team.

Paulinho looks a different player.

As you rightly said, Brazil has a lot to offer at Russia.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:18pm On Apr 02, 2017
Anthony Ujah goal and Assist in China

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5qPjVhQWig&sns=tw

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:19pm On Apr 02, 2017
TheSuperNerd:

Hmmmmm.... I still see this lad as a quality option for us in Defensive midfield as a backup player.... but well.... our pool keeps increasing... Mikel Agu is there too... wink

I prefer Mikel Agu though I am not writing off Esiti. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:19pm On Apr 02, 2017
Chai sir tbaba1234 u are a blessing to this thread. Keep doing ur thing bro.

Hope u keeping tabs on Emanuel ezoho of deportivo LA coruna?

Plz I need a detailed report on agbo's performance against Barcelona
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:19pm On Apr 02, 2017
Egbon Sir..... me no even waste time sign am for my dream league online team sef.... na him and Iheanacho dey lead my attack backed up by other fine talents like Dybala... wink

And Make your liver no cut oooo.... France na one bad-ass team now ooo.... forget their 2-0 loss to Spain in that friendly. They executed that match with more than half of their main team rested. Na Mbappe, Lemar, Bakayoko, and Ousmane Dembele dem use sef... for defence dem use Jallet.... and co...

France played without Giroud, Benzema, Varane, Conan, Martial, Pogba, Payet, Sissoko, Kurt Zouma, etc.... yet you go fear squad wey dem parade .... wickedly gifted young players led by Kante and Griezmann.... and that was Mbappe's first start but his second appearance.

For me ooo.... Iheanacho plus Mbappe in my own attack is the stuff of dreams.... with Iheanacho just behind Mbappe as an SS or an AMF....

Me like beta tin ooo... lol wink grin

forgiveness:

*swallow spit * grin

My liver cut whenever I see France. grin

That Mbappe guy is too goooooood. grin

Now, I know why the hype. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:22pm On Apr 02, 2017
ChrisKels:
Anybody seeing Uche Agbo against FC Barcelona?
That quack boy??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:23pm On Apr 02, 2017
And Jack Ipalibo of Villarreal..... grin

ChrisKels:
Chai sir tbaba1234 u are a blessing to thus far thread. Keep doing ur things bro.

Plz I need a report on agbo's performance against Barcelona

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:27pm On Apr 02, 2017
Paul Onuachu scored a brace today as well..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:30pm On Apr 02, 2017
Heard Mikel scored a goal, make person upload d video here na
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:31pm On Apr 02, 2017
ChrisKels:
Chai sir tbaba1234 u are a blessing to this thread. Keep doing ur thing bro.

Plz I need a detailed report on agbo's performance against Barcelona

Francis Uzoho, you mean.. Haven't heard much about him but he would be playing in the lower divisions for now.

Did not watch Granada's match but Agbo has been red carded from what i see
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:32pm On Apr 02, 2017
jerrythafinisher:
Heard Mikel scored a goal, make person upload d video here na

It has already been posted

(1) (2) (3) ... (750) (751) (752) (753) (754) (755) (756) ... (16237) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Akerekoroabijawara(m), Amedino99(m), Cecco90, Jefersoun, AndSunGorilla and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.