Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,289 members, 7,846,318 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 02:04 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (754) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11838412 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (751) (752) (753) (754) (755) (756) (757) ... (16238) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:33pm On Apr 02, 2017
It should be..... Back in the days before I was even born, Nigerian players all went to Belgium predominantly and grew into European football from there....

That period saw our first golden generation emerge.

Now again... we are seeing several of our youngsters making waves firstly in Belgium from where the big amd modestky big clubs are coming for them....

Look at Ndidi's move from Genk.... look at Simon moses being chased by a few English clubs... look at Henry Onyekuru also...

Belgium can indeed become our mecca in Europe.

And I am not saying the path to the top is the same for all our young players but this is the most advisable and best path for most of our young boys in terms of development and maturity so that our young starlets can move to better teams from there.

I know there are a few who may just make the big move but it is rare. KANU is an example... moved to Ajax, Intermilan and then to Arsenal.... all are big teams.

forgiveness:

I hope Belgium becomes the Mecca for Nigeria players willing to break through.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zoboizee: 9:38pm On Apr 02, 2017
Y is it always a herculean task to maintain football pitches in Nigeria. Our natural grass stadia are always an eyesore. Look at this pitch.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 9:43pm On Apr 02, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
And Jack Ipalibo of Villarreal..... grin

jack i know but Emmanuel ejoho i don't know pls tell me more about him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 9:45pm On Apr 02, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
And Jack Ipalibo of Villarreal..... grin

jack i know but Emmanuel uzoho i don't know pls tell me more about him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:46pm On Apr 02, 2017
maidaboi:
jack i know but Emmanuel uzoho i don't know pls tell me more about him

Francis Uzoho, reserve goalie at 2013 u17 WC
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 9:48pm On Apr 02, 2017
tbaba1234:

Francis Uzoho, reserve goalie at 2013 u17 WC
ok thanks
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 9:53pm On Apr 02, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

What did Amunike do wrong because I do not get it? The boys lost out after they got fed up with the way the officials treated them. If you followed behind the scenes of the U17, the murmuring was already on. Amunike managed the team under bad conditions and lost under poor playing conditions. Why are people hell bent on the choice of players when the NFF made it difficult for the team to qualify. Judge them on fair conditions and not bias one.
let's leave this amuneke and his crew..
I guess they've learnt their lessons because they err big time...

how about iheanacho? he was not in city match day squad today...
is he still undergoing pep drills.....?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:55pm On Apr 02, 2017
NPFL 2016.

Rangers: 1
Rivers United: 2

NPFL 2017 (so far)

Rangers: 20
Rivers United: 19
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 9:56pm On Apr 02, 2017
TheSuperNerd:

It should be..... Back in the days before I was even born, Nigerian players all went to Belgium predominantly and grew into European football from there....

That period saw our first golden generation emerge.

Now again... we are seeing several of our youngsters making waves firstly in Belgium from where the big amd modestky big clubs are coming for them....

Look at Ndidi's move from Genk.... look at Simon moses being chased by a few English clubs... look at Henry Onyekuru also...

Belgium can indeed become our mecca in Europe.

And I am not saying the path to the top is the same for all our young players but this is the most advisable and best path for most of our young boys in terms of development and maturity so that our young starlets can move to better teams from there.

I know there are a few who may just make the big move but it is rare. KANU is an example... moved to Ajax, Intermilan and then to Arsenal.... all are big teams.

you're very right..even the Belgian clubs are licking their lips because they're making much from the transfer of these players...remember Genk president desiring to have one of ndidi every season...

I think NFF should think of partnering the Belgian league...it will help a lot
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:56pm On Apr 02, 2017
NPFL results

Remo 1-0 Katsina
Enyimba 2-1 Rangers
Plateau 1-0 Wikki
Gombe 1-0 Rivers
Abia Warriors 2-0 ABS
Nasarawa 4-0 MFM
El-Kanemi 1-0 Pillars
Akwa 4-2 3SC
Tornadoes 2-1 Lobi
FCIU 2-1 Sunshine

What is the common theme in these results?

Every week, Home teams must win.. Getting a draw away is a massive deal.. Notice all the 1:0 and 2:1 results.

We should record the number of penalties given and compare with other leagues in the world
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:56pm On Apr 02, 2017
Remember this Young lad against Manchester Utd in the Early stages of the Ongoing Europa League? smiley

He is called Neymar because he shares Similar hairstyle to Neymar, the Brazilian soccer genius.
.......................................................................................................

“Nigerian Neymar” Stuns Shakhtar Donetsk With Clever Strike But Ended Up On The Losing Side

Highly rated Nigerian teen forward Emmanuel Dennis Bonaventure took his season tally to four goals in the league with a goal in their 1-2 loss to league giants Shakhtar Donetsk.

The 19 year old shocked the league leaders in the play-offs with the opening goal in the 31st minutes, further cementing his status as one of the break away teen of the season in Ukraine.

Bonaventure has found the back of the net in previous league games against Olimpik Donestk, Stal Kamianske and Dynamo Kyiv in his debut season in the League.

However he ended up on the losing side as goals from Gustavo Blanco and Taison helped Shakhtar Donetsk recovered from going behind to win the game 2-1, despite ending the game with 10 men.

* Osas Mahawi

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/04/02/nigerian-neymar-stuns-shakhtar-donetsk-with-clever-strike-but-ended-up-on-the-losing-side/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:06pm On Apr 02, 2017
tbaba1234:
NPFL results

Remo 1-0 Katsina
Enyimba 2-1 Rangers
Plateau 1-0 Wikki
Gombe 1-0 Rivers
Abia Warriors 2-0 ABS
Nasarawa 4-0 MFM
El-Kanemi 1-0 Pillars
Akwa 4-2 3SC
Tornadoes 2-1 Lobi
FCIU 2-1 Sunshine

What is the common theme in these results?

Every week, Home teams must win.. Getting a draw away is a massive deal.. Notice all the 1:0 and 2:1 results.

We should record and compare how many penalties are given in the NPFL to other leagues in the world

Wehdone sir! Mr finder of everything bad in the NPFL. Did u know that all the matches in France today ended 1-0, 2-1. Why don't u also put up the scores from midweek when i told u they had 4 draws.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:08pm On Apr 02, 2017
Chaaiii.... u dey find him trouble now ooo... grin

Sir Royalty.... I call you Royalty... bcoz there is a saying that Humility is referred to as Royalty without a crown.... (meaning A humble person is of royal spirit but you just may not see the crown physically) grin

So Sir Royalty.... plsss... before Sir TheGoodJoe unleashes his venomous and legendary punches on you... biko bia..... lemme give you the best gear to absorb his punches.... **Yara Yara.... get the punching absorbance gear kit** grin

Don't Worry... Sir... you can thank me later... grin

And one more thing.... plsss no call that man called P** here again abeg... I just want Nacho to leave that man and his silly philosophical nonsense....

imagine him and City knowing Nacho is top quality and not wanting to sell him to a rival club in England .... abeg since they don't want him... then they should let him be abeg... and I pray they don't fit in a buy back clause.... I want Nacho to leave and then come back to the etihad with his new team and punish them dearly with Nacho scoring the goals or even worse, the winning goal or the goal that sends City packing from a major competition.... angry

Humility017:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:08pm On Apr 02, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

Wehdone sir! Mr finder of everything bad in the NPFL. Did u know that all the matches in France today ended 1-0, 2-1. Why don't u also put up the scores from midweek when i told u they had 4 draws.

At least, there was an away win in France. Away wins in the NPFL happen once in a blue moon. There is a fundamental problem with that.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:13pm On Apr 02, 2017
Red Hot Moses Simon Scores Match Winning Brace, Troost-Ekong Picks Up First Red Card Of His Career

Gent got off to a flying start in the Belgium play-offs with a 2-0 win in a bad tempered game against Club Brugge thanks to a brace from their Nigerian forward Moses Simon.

Four Nigerians in Anderson Esiti, Moses Simon, William Troost-Ekong and Samuel Kalu were on from the start for Gent, and the first caution of the game was picked up by Kalu nine minutes into the game.

Moses Simon was however on hand to draw his side level in the 25th minute following a nice ball from Kalu to bring scores to 1-1.

Simon made it 2-1 to his team with his second goal of the game from the spot at the end of the first 45 minutes to put his side in the lead going into the break.

While Simon goals put his side up in the game, numerically they were reduced to 10 men when his Nigerian compatriot Troost-Ekong was sent off for two bookable offences in a space of three minutes, in the 47th and 50th minute precisely.

The red card was the first of his career, and it didn’t prove too costly for his team as they hanged on to claim all three points and their first win in their first game of the Belgium play-offs.

* Osas Mahawi

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/04/02/red-hot-moses-simon-scores-match-winning-brace-troost-ekong-picks-up-first-red-card-of-his-career/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:15pm On Apr 02, 2017
goldfish80:

Dedication and talent is not just enough sometimes. Lack of basic education could be a major hindrance to their careers. An illiterate boy from Africa is unsellable. Football is more than just kicking the ball around.
You have to sign contracts, engage the media,fans and your team mates. How do you expect addidas and Nike to sign up an illiterate to represent them.
Kids must be made to understand football cannot be divorced from education. That is the hard truth.

Dedication, Resilience, Determination and Discipline all coupled to faith Enable people to overcome the most supposedly insurmountable challenges.

I watched a lady probably about 21 a refugees from Sudan who couldn't speak English or read and write. Come to England and start with abc about 8/9 years later she graduated with a degree in Economics.

Being illiterate is not great for anybody but it's not s permanent state it is a temporary one. Footballers have a lot of time on thier hands and educating yourself is far from impossible.

Let everyone be given a chance to live and attain thier dreams.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 10:20pm On Apr 02, 2017
TheSuperNerd:

Chaaiii.... u dey find him trouble now ooo... grin

Sir Royalty.... I call you Royalty... bcoz there is a saying that Humility is referred to as Royalty without a crown.... (meaning A humble person is of royal spirit but you just may not see the crown physically) grin

So Sir Royalty.... plsss... before Sir TheGoodJoe unleashes his venomous and legendary punches on you... biko bia..... lemme give you the best gear to absorb his punches.... **Yara Yara.... get the punching absorbance gear kit** grin

Don't Worry... Sir... you can thank me later... grin

And one more thing.... plsss no call that man called P** here again abeg... I just want Nacho to leave that man and his silly philosophical nonsense....

imagine him and City knowing Nacho is top quality and not wanting to sell him to a rival club in England .... abeg since they don't want him... then they should let him be abeg... and I pray they don't fit in a buy back clause.... I want Nacho to leave and then come back to the etihad with his new team and punish them dearly with Nacho scoring the goals or even worse, the winning goal or the goal that sends City packing from a major competition.... angry

thanks bro...I am really honored by your gestures and words...

abeg leave Sir Goodjoe...I think him too now knows that pep guy as a wolf in. a sheep clothing
it is so painful....I will be so glad if he does not win a single trophy in his 3 year stinct at city...
.. he means no well for iheanacho and the iheanacho has refuse to think straight... wanna fight for his place when he has been denied the chance to prove himself..
may be during drills he will fight for his place. mtcheew
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:20pm On Apr 02, 2017
Alhassan Ibrahim's hattrick dim Shooting Stars in Uyo

A 16-minute hattrick by Alhassan Ibrahim propelled Akwa United to a 4-2 victory over Shooting Stars at the Nest of Champions in Uyo on Sunday.

The former youth international's goals came after Ubong Friday had given the hosts an 11th minute lead. Shooting Stars scored through Moses James in the second half and then Taiwo Shittu late on but the damage had already been done in a blistering first 45 minutes.

Alhassan 'Muazam' Ibrahim returned to the Akwa set-up after
missing Thursday's game at Lobi Stars due to injury. He, alongside petite winger Amaechi Orji were among five new faces in the starting line up which also included goalkeeper Ismaila Shagari.

The hosts settled into their free-flowing best early on and striker Musa Newman drew a smart save from Shooting Stars goalkeeper Adamu Abubakar when the former MFM striker headed an in-swinging corner by Orji on target on nine minutes.
United went in front two minutes later through another in-Player by Orji who had started to dazzle the crowd with his quick feet and trickery. Ubong Friday meeting his free kick with an unstoppable header from 12 yards although Adamu got a hand to it.

The Promise Keepers smelt blood and went for the kill and could have added to their tally but for some poor final ball after good team moves. The visitors hardly threatened save for Promise Ebiaku's 25th minute free kick which went wide. Three minutes later, the Alhassan show started.

After a moment of insecurity by the Shooting Stars defence, the former Wikki Tourists star intercepted Sodiq Suraj's diagonal pass across the penalty box, rounded goalkeeper Adamu before calmly slotting into an empty net for his first and his team's second goal.

Ibrahim almost got his brace on 35 minutes but Adamu expertly turned his close range effort over the bar. There was nothing the impressive goalkeeper could do however to deny Ibrahim a superb goal a minute later.

Defender Godspower Igudia found Ibrahim with a long thrust and after beating the offside trap, he skillfully decisioned Opeyemi Adetoyi before going past Shittu and then chipping the ball over Adamu.

United's other stars almost got into the act after Alhassan's brace but Adamu denied Musa Newman and Aremu Afeez before Alhassan claimed his hattrick on 44 minutes.
Amaechi Orji once again swung home a wicked cross from the right and it Alhassan was on hand to head home from six yards. The goal took the life out of 3SC goalkeeper Adamu who was given an ovation by the home fans as he left the pitch for Michael Uweru.

Second half

Shortly before Alhassan's 3rd, Shooting Stars coach, Fatai Amoo made a face saving substitution, replacing attacker Adewale Adigun with full back Waheed Omololu, allowing Opeyemi Adetoyi to move into an advanced position in the left flank.

It paid some sort of dividends in the second half. Three minutes into the half, Adetoyi's cross was punched clear by Akwa goalkeeper Shagari who collided with 3SC's Waheed Afolabi in the process. Shagari was replaced by Emmanuel Iwu as United's goalkeeping problems linger on.

Shooting Stars got one back on 58 minutes when a Suraj Sodiq long throw caused all sort of problems for the hosts' defence. Iwu initially saved Afolabi's flick but midfielder Moses James calmy latched on to the rebound and fired into the roof of the net.

Sodiq repeated the routing on 64 minutes when Adetoyi - one of the shortest men in the box - rose to flick home but Iwu tipped his effort over the bar.

The hosts had obviously removed their feet off the pedal but 3SC substitute goalkeeper still had to do enough to deny Musa Newman and Ubong Friday before Shooting Stars got a second in stoppage time through defender Taiwo Shittu who slammed home a freekick which was rolled to him by Adebayo Abayomi.

Abayomi would then miss another chance in the final moments when he rounded Iwu at the edge of the box but could not get enough curve on his effort to find the target.

MATCH DETAILS

AKWA UNITED: 18. Ismaila Shagari (Emmanuel Iwu 53') 28. Ofem Inah 31. Kodjovi Dadzie 6. Aremu Afeez (Chigozie Chilekwu 85') 15. Emmanuel Ariwa 35. Godspower Igudia 7. Friday Ubong 4. Alhassan Ibrahim 9. Musa Newman 24. Ifeanyi Ifeanyi 14. Amaechi Orji (Michael Ibe Okoro 85')
Unused Subs: 13. Meutieng Tchakounte 26. Cyril Olisema 10. Christian Pyagbara 32. Lawal Shittu
GOALS: Ubong Friday 11' Alhassan Ibrahim 28' 36' 44'
BOOKED: Ofem Inah 67'

SHOOTING STARS: 15. Adamu Abubakar (Michael Uweru 45') 27. Promise Ebiaku 38. Opeyemi Adetoyi 22. Moses James 39. Taiwo Shittu 19. Sodiq Suraj 9. Adewale Adigun (Waheed Omololu 42') 23. Otun Fawaz (Emmanuel Asiri 51') 28. Afolabi Waheed 8. Adebayo Abayomi 24. Ayobami Junior
Unused Subs: 29. Samuelson Owono 33. Babalola Ibrahim 11. Tolu Olaifa 12. Junior Merenini
GOALS: Moses James 58' Taiwo Shittu 90'
BOOKED: Ayobami Junior 56'

MATCH STATS

Akwa United 4-2 Shooting Stars

Shots (On target): 14(12)-10(5)

Corners: 7-4

Fouls: 11-12

Offside: 5-5

Bookings: 1-1

Source: http://npfl.ng/index.php/news-features/club-news/2141-alhassan-ibrahim-s-hattrick-dim-shooting-stars-in-uyo

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 10:26pm On Apr 02, 2017
komekn:

Dedication, Resilience, Determination and Discipline all coupled to faith Enable people to overcome the most supposedly insurmountable challenges.

I watched a lady probably about 21 a refugees from Sudan who couldn't speak English or read and write. Come to England and start with abc about 8/9 years later she graduated with a degree in Economics.

Being illiterate is not great for anybody but it's not s permanent state it is a temporary one. Footballers have a lot of time on thier hands and educating yourself is far from impossible.

Let everyone be given a chance to live and attain thier dreams.
the first time i agree with you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:28pm On Apr 02, 2017
You are most welcome Sir Royalty.... wink

Lolll.... even Sir TheGoodJoe did admit that Nacho should leave if his situation at City doesnt improve or he doesn't get the assurance that He will be used by the "philosophical one" next season as I see an influx of players into City during the summer.

And There is one thing you should know about Iheanacho.... smiley

He is not the kinda player who will take his coach or club to the media.... he is not the kind that will complain to the public that the coach lacks faith in him. He knows what he is up against and he is no fool. All he says and does now is just for the team to believe he has no qualms with being left out... this is why he puts up a positive attitude when with the team or when addressing the media and being asked questions.

Nacho is actually not happy with his situation. He wants and loves to play. Behind the scenes and away from the media buzzes and frenzies... I am certain he is looking at his options and during the summer we will know for sure if Nacho stays or leaves....

Humility017:

thanks bro...I am really honored by your gestures and words...

abeg leave Sir Goodjoe...I think him too now knows that pep guy as a wolf in. a sheep clothing
it is so painful....I will be so glad if he does not win a single trophy in his 3 year stinct at city...
.. he means no well for iheanacho and the iheanacho has refuse to think straight... wanna fight for his place when he has been denied the chance to prove himself..
may be during drills he will fight for his place. mtcheew

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:33pm On Apr 02, 2017
Watford Loanee Agbo Sent Off Again After Controversial Red Card Against Barcelona

Barcelona maintain their push for the La-Liga title with a 4-1 win away to La-Liga struggling team Granada, who were reduced to ten men following the sending off of Uche Agbo.

Agbo was sent off after two bookings within a space of 90 seconds, but the first yellow card he got for a foul on Neymar should have at least earned him a warning from the referee.

The on loan Watford defensive midfielder was sent off with his team trailing the La-Liga champions 1-2, a scoreline which escalated quickly to 1-4 following his controversial sending off.

Despite the controversial nature of his booking, the 21 year old has a reputation for going into the referee’s book as he has been booked 12 times this season, while he has also taken the walk of shame twice this season.

He joined Watford this season from Granada where he has spent the last five seasons but was immediately loaned back to the La-Liga side by the Premier League outfit.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/04/02/watford-loanee-agbo-sent-off-again-after-controversial-red-card-against-barcelona/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:39pm On Apr 02, 2017
Humility017:

At the end, I repeat the same thing over again and then someone pops up with the above.

Before the season started, I said, I am more interested in Iheanacho working with Guardiola for a year or two than playing time. The discipline and hard work will make him a better player.

The report of Iheanacho being one of the fittest and most lethal player in camp is a testament of the importance of working with Guardiola. I have said it, the match day is for glory. The growth is in training.

From the look of things, City will make some high profile purchases and with Gabriel Jesus return, I see limited time for Nacho. So I expect him to leave.

He is still in line with the a year or two but because of limited time, Nacho needs to leave.

Those guys who are getting regular time, how come they are not as fit or close to Nacho's fitness. That is what Nacho needs to learn and embrace throughout his career. Even if he leaves City. It is a big part of him becoming one of the footie greats.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:40pm On Apr 02, 2017
Eagles Latest “Oyibo” Tyronne Ebuehi Dazzles In ADO Den Haag Big Win In Dutch League

Dutch side ADO Den Haag eased their relegation worries with a 4-1 win over Roda JC Kerkrade in what was a battle between two teams battling to stay in the Dutch Eredivisie.

Super Eagles latest invitee Tyronne Ebuehi was on from the start for the Dutch side and put in a performance at right back, which suggest why coach Gernot Rohr views the 20 year old as the solution to his right back problems.

Ebuehi was very solid in defence for his team, and was also very effective in turning defence into attack, which helped his team put the opposition defence under pressure especially at the start of the game.

His performances was particularly impressed as he won most of his tackles without picking up a booking, and showed good turn of pace to recover when he appears to be out of position.

In the same game former Nigeria U-20 captain Abduljelil Ajagun started for Roda but was replaced after 46 minutes, as Roda slumped to 17th on the 18 team table, while victory sees ADO Den Haag stay a spot ahead of them.

* Prince Michael

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/04/02/eagles-latest-oyibo-tyronne-ebuehi-dazzles-in-ado-den-haag-big-win-in-dutch-league/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 10:41pm On Apr 02, 2017
Tbaba123456 update us on this players aaron samuel,mathew in norway and chidi nwakali
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:47pm On Apr 02, 2017
Iwobi Speaks On The Late Chance He Missed In Arsenal Stalemate Against Man City

Super Eagles and Arsenal forward Alex Iwobi has given his reaction on the chance he missed in their 2-2 draw against Manchester City in the English Premier League.

Iwobi replaced Danny Welbeck with 13 minutes left to play in the game, and almost gave his side all three points few minutes to the end of the game, when he came close to finishing a move he started from his half at the other end.

His fierce drive beat Willy Cabbaliero but went just over the bar much to the frustrations of the 20 year old, but he insist it’s a fair result judging by the quality of the opposition.

“We’ll take the result but we could have nicked it at the end. I had a good chance to score but unfortunately we’ll have to settle for a point. I thought I could have added a bit of energy to our attacking force, and that’s what I tried to do.

” It was an intense game with a lot of aggressive tackles, a lot of running and sprints, so I tried to add energy when I came on”, he told the official website of Arsenal

* Daniel Martins

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/04/02/iwobi-speaks-on-the-late-chance-he-missed-in-arsenal-stalemate-against-man-city/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:47pm On Apr 02, 2017
maidaboi:
Tbaba123456 update us on this players aaron samuel,mathew in norway and chidi nwakali

Ifeanyi Mathew played 90 mins and provided an assist in Liilestorm 2:1 win.

Chidi Nwakali lost 3:1, played for 74 mins before he was subbed.

Aaron Samuel came in as a 64 min sub in Cska Moscow 2:1 win.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:48pm On Apr 02, 2017
ChrisKels:

Ogbeni ur mercurial Ajagun chop sand today oo lol. Dem sub am out before the resumption of the second half against ur boy's (ebuechi (Ebuehi)) Den Haag. Don't u think it is about time he got a call up to unsurp Mikel (the Chinese product)?

Hehehehe! Na wey e chop sand you dey show face. grin

Hahahaha! You wan cause wahala for here, ba? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:54pm On Apr 02, 2017
tbaba1234:

At least, there was an away win in France. Away wins in the NPFL happen once in a blue moon. There is a fundamental problem with that.

LOL now u want to bring up away wins. There are alot of leagues like that. Brazil, Mls and even Belgium can go weeks without an away win.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:54pm On Apr 02, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Egbon Sir..... me no even waste time sign am for my dream league online team sef.... na him and Iheanacho dey lead my attack backed up by other fine talents like Dybala... wink

And Make your liver no cut oooo.... France na one bad-ass team now ooo.... forget their 2-0 loss to Spain in that friendly. They executed that match with more than half of their main team rested. Na Mbappe, Lemar, Bakayoko, and Ousmane Dembele dem use sef... for defence dem use Jallet.... and co...

France played without Giroud, Benzema, Varane, Conan, Martial, Pogba, Payet, Sissoko, Kurt Zouma, etc.... yet you go fear squad wey dem parade .... wickedly gifted young players led by Kante and Griezmann.... and that was Mbappe's first start but his second appearance.

For me ooo.... Iheanacho plus Mbappe in my own attack is the stuff of dreams.... with Iheanacho just behind Mbappe as an SS or an AMF....

Me like beta tin ooo... lol wink grin

Hahaha! You go fear France na. grin

Mbappe could become the best in the world if he continues to impress like this.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:55pm On Apr 02, 2017
Dedebanky85:
I agree with you bro... Lagos was specifically chosen due to the teams playing pattern which entails keeping the ball on the ground and passing swiftly. Teslim stadium has the best playing surface. If not that senior players don't like playing on artificial pitch, I'd have loved all SE games on that pitch. Nobody could foresee the rain. I don't know why the referee didn't call off the game the moment it became water logged. From what I learnt the Sudanese were bigger and resorted to up balls which helped them. But Amuneke advised the team to still maintain their passing game on the water logged pitch.

TheGoodJoe na me talk this one?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:00pm On Apr 02, 2017
Oliseh Leads 10 - Man Sittard To Draw Vs Nwakali ’ s Maastricht

Former Nigeria coach Sunday Oliseh’s Fortuna Sittard played out a 1-1 draw against Kelechi Nwakali’s MVV Maastricht in a Dutch second division league clash on Sunday, reports Completesportsnigeria.com.

Nigerian youngster and Arsenal loanee Nwakali was on for the full game and got a yellow card.

It was Fortuna Sittard’s fifth draw under Oliseh in 13 games.
Patrick Nkoyi gave hosts Maastricht the lead in the 23rd minute but a freekick from Emrah Bassan earned the visitors who finished the game with 10 men a share of the spoils.

Jordie Briels was sent off in the 83rd minute for a reckless tackle.

The result took Fortuna Sittard up to 15th in the Dutch Jupiler League with 35 points from 32 games, one point above Telstar who lost 2-0 to Almere City on Saturday.

Fortuna Sittard host 12th placed Helmond Sport in their next game this Friday.

Source: http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/oliseh-leads-10-man-sittard-draw-vs-nwakalis-maastricht/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:00pm On Apr 02, 2017
tbaba1234:

Ifeanyi Mathew played 90 mins and provided an assist in Liilestorm 2:1 win.
Chidi Nwakali lost 3:1, played for 74 mins before he was subbed.
Aaron Samuel came in as a 64 min sub in Cska Moscow 2:1 win.
Thanks for this update mannn

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (751) (752) (753) (754) (755) (756) (757) ... (16238) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ThanosKilla(m), twentyk(m), opes, cromz(m), EEGA and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.