Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,062 members, 7,828,747 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (756) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11746694 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (753) (754) (755) (756) (757) (758) (759) ... (16180) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 11:26am On Apr 03, 2017
Alhassan Ibrahim – Failed Arsenal Target,Once Rated Ahead Of Iheanacho Turning Heads In NPFL

The story of Akwa United free scoring midfileder Alhassan Ibrahim popularly referred to as Mu’azam won’t be complete without visiting the issues that stifled his growth.

Back in 2012 when Nigeria U-17 coach Manu Garba finished screening for the next badge of cadet players for Nigeria, the one player whose name was on everybody’s lips was Ibrahim Alhassan.

The midfielder who loves to play just behind the main striker was a beauty to behold during the qualifiers for the African U-17 Youth Championship which was hosted by Morocco in 2013.

Mu’azam missed out on the tournament after falling short of the mandatory MRI Scan, but English Premier League giants have seen enough in the two qualifiers against Niger Republic and Guinea Conakry, hence they slapped in a bid for his services.

His agent (names withheld) killed the deal, when he insisted on taking control of negotiations instead of working in tandem with the intermediary who brought the interest from the English Premier League giants.

He subsequently tried out with some clubs in Europe but an ankle injury stopped him from joining any of the teams despite his performance, and his lack of club football subsequently cost him a spot in the 2015 Nigeria U-20 team for the World Youth Championship.

That exclusion happened to be the kick he needed to get his career back on track, as he joined Wikki Tourist last year and played a role inGodwin Obaje emerging as the highest goal scorer in the league.

He moved to Akwa United before the start of thisseason, and his form has once again gone back to 2012 where he was the big hit in a Nigeria team ahead of the likes of Manchester City Kelechi Iheanacho and Watford’s Isacc Success.

So far he has found the back of the net seven times as a pseudo striker, a strike rate that has made him one of the feared forwards in the Nigeria Professional Football League, and a show of why Arsenal pulled the stop to sign him in 2012.

* Ade Emmanuel

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/04/03/alhassan-ibrahim-failed-arsenal-target-once-rated-ahead-of-iheanacho-turning-heads-in-npfl/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 11:30am On Apr 03, 2017
forgiveness:
[right][/right]

@bolded shows you are very very wrong. Why?

Tosin Dosunmu moved to bigger things in Europe (Austria Vienna and Nancy) grin

Joseph Akpala move to bigger thing in Europe(Werder Bremen). grin

Rabiu Afolabi moved to bigger things in Europe (Napoli, Sochaux and Monaco). grin

Peter Utaka moved to bigger things (money). grin

It was never due to lack of talent, he followed money when he wasn't given enough chance to prove himself in the Nigerian national team. grin

He was the best wherever he went. grin

Celestine Babayaro moved to bigger things in Europe (Chelsea and New Castle). grin

Daniel Amokachi moved to bigger thing in Europe (Everton). grin

Sunday Oliseh nko? From Belgium pro league to bigger bigger things (Reggiana, FC Koln, Ajax, Juventus and Brossia Dortmund) shocked grin

Stephen Keshi nko..... grin

Marvin Ogunjimi played for the Belgium national team. Therefore, he can't be considered a Nigerian. grin
Am not sure Celestine Babayaro, Olishe,Afolabi, Keshi and Amokachi played in Belgium within the last 15yrs.
I specifically gave a time frame. You were too quick to read.

Just like I pointed out earlier, Nigerians who took Belgium by storm over the past 15 yrs really didn't leave up to the promise. That is a fact weather you like it or not.

Joseph Akpala for all his endeavour didn't have a solid international career. He didn't find any bearing whatsoever in the national team. A few caps and cameos here and there. He didn't really cut it if you ask me.

Tosin Dosunmu at a time was rated the better talent than Obafemi Martins by Kashmao Laloko who coached them both in Nigeria. Tosin in his debut game for the super eagles couldn't even trap a bag of cement. The lack of confidence in the game discouraged coaches from giving him a look in. I couldn't believe this was the same guy who scored goals for fun with Westerlo.

Peter Utaka is a baller any day. I personally rate him very high. A guy who have won top scorer in virtually every league he has played. He was not favoured by national team selectors for some odd reasons. However, I think he should have played in a better league when he moved. He is that talented.

Manashe Isiaku?

Patrick Ogunshoto?

I mentioned Marvin Ogunjimi because he was touted for the super eagles at point. If this thread was in existence back then, you would have made a song and dance with his name.

N/B: These guys I mentioned were the hottest players in Belgium in their days. Neither Kalu, Moses Simon, Etisi and Onyekuru have had half the impact these guys had in Belgium. I stand to be corrected.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:35am On Apr 03, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

The senior national team has shied away from the Lagos stadium because of its artificial turf,

It was a very silly idea, we are lucky that none of those boys didn't get seriously injured.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:44am On Apr 03, 2017
goldfish80:

Am not sure Celestine Babayaro, Olishe,Afolabi, Keshi and Amokachi played in Belgium within the last 15yrs.

Just like I pointed out earlier, Nigerians who took Belgium by storm over the past 15 yrs really didn't leave up to the promise. That is a fact weather you like it or not.

Joseph Akpala for all his endeavour didn't have a solid international career. He didn't find any bearing whatsoever in the national team. A few caps and cameos here and there. He didn't really cut it if you ask me.

Tosin Dosunmu at a time was rated the better talent than Obafemi Martins by Kashmao Laloko who coached them both in Nigeria. Tosin in his debut game for the super eagles couldn't even trap a bag of cement. The lack of confidence in the game discouraged coaches from giving him a look in. I couldn't believe this was the same guy who scored goals for fun with Westerlo.

Peter Utaka is a baller any day. I personally rate him very high. A guy who have won top scorer in virtually every league he has played. He was not favoured by national team selectors for some odd reasons. However, I think he should have played in a better league when he moved. He is that talented.

Manashe Isiaku?

Patrick Ogunshoto?

I mentioned Marvin Ogunjimi because he was touted for the super eagles at point. If this thread was in existence back then, you would have made a song and dance with his name.

N/B: These guys I mentioned were the hottest players in Belgium in their days. Neither Kalu, Moses Simon, Etisi and Onyekuru have had half the impact this guys had in Belgium. I stand to be corrected.

Abeg how many Nigerians have won the Belgium playoffs like Moses Simon? I feel Belgium is good for our players because they actually get big roles there unlike other leagues and it is actually a very good league.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:56am On Apr 03, 2017
terzurum5:
Alhassan Ibrahim – Failed Arsenal Target,Once Rated Ahead Of Iheanacho Turning Heads In NPFL

The story of Akwa United free scoring midfileder Alhassan Ibrahim popularly referred to as Mu’azam won’t be complete without visiting the issues that stifled his growth.

Back in 2012 when Nigeria U-17 coach Manu Garba finished screening for the next badge of cadet players for Nigeria, the one player whose name was on everybody’s lips was Ibrahim Alhassan.

The midfielder who loves to play just behind the main striker was a beauty to behold during the qualifiers for the African U-17 Youth Championship which was hosted by Morocco in 2013.

Mu’azam missed out on the tournament after falling short of the mandatory MRI Scan, but English Premier League giants have seen enough in the two qualifiers against Niger Republic and Guinea Conakry, hence they slapped in a bid for his services.

His agent (names withheld) killed the deal, when he insisted on taking control of negotiations instead of working in tandem with the intermediary who brought the interest from the English Premier League giants.

He subsequently tried out with some clubs in Europe but an ankle injury stopped him from joining any of the teams despite his performance, and his lack of club football subsequently cost him a spot in the 2015 Nigeria U-20 team for the World Youth Championship.

That exclusion happened to be the kick he needed to get his career back on track, as he joined Wikki Tourist last year and played a role inGodwin Obaje emerging as the highest goal scorer in the league.

He moved to Akwa United before the start of thisseason, and his form has once again gone back to 2012 where he was the big hit in a Nigeria team ahead of the likes of Manchester City Kelechi Iheanacho and Watford’s Isacc Success.

So far he has found the back of the net seven times as a pseudo striker, a strike rate that has made him one of the feared forwards in the Nigeria Professional Football League, and a show of why Arsenal pulled the stop to sign him in 2012.

* Ade Emmanuel

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/04/03/alhassan-ibrahim-failed-arsenal-target-once-rated-ahead-of-iheanacho-turning-heads-in-npfl/

1. Tell us the name of that clown who calls himself an agent so we can protect the younger ones from snakes.
2. Mu’azam has 9 goals so far not 7.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 12:17pm On Apr 03, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

Abeg how many Nigerians have won the Belgium playoffs like Moses Simon? I feel Belgium is good for our players because they actually get big roles there unlike other leagues and it is actually a very good league.
I think Akpala won it back to back. I may have to verify

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:18pm On Apr 03, 2017
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:24pm On Apr 03, 2017
goldfish80:

Manashe Isiaku?

Patrick Ogunshoto?

N/B: These guys I mentioned were the hottest players in Belgium in their days. Neither Kalu, Moses Simon, Etisi and Onyekuru have had half the impact this guys had in Belgium. I stand to be corrected.

In the last 15 years simply means from 2002 to 2017, ba? grin

Rabiu Afolabi still played in the Belgium pro league between 1997 - 2003. grin

Wilfred Ndidi still played in the Belgium pro league between 2016 - 2017 grin

Joseph Akpala still played btw that time frame yet he moved to bigger club Werder Bremen. grin

Marvin Ogunjimi never considered Nigeria. EOD. grin

Tosin Dosunmu still went to France.

Patrick Ogunsoto made his name in Greece before coming to Belgium only to shine for one season.

Now, explain what you mean by living up to expectations?

goldfish80:

There's nothing so magical with Belgium as you're making it out to be. So many Nigerian players have torn Belgian league apart but still didn't crack it at any major league.
Who remembers Tosin Dosunmu, Patrick Ogubshoto, Peter Utaka, Joseph Akpala, Marvin Ogunjimi (foreign born just like you like them), Manshe Isiaku etc...

For instance, Peter Utaka was the best striker in Belgium, scoring goals like it was going out of fashion. He lead the goals scorers chart for 2 seasons before he left. But somehow he never got a chance to play in a bigger league. Some of the aforementioned names like Akpala and Dosunmu couldn't hack it when they were given chances in the national team but they usually went on rampage at their clubs.
The last I heard about Marvin, he was in Borat's country. That is why I am careful joining the bandwagon of this Belgian revolution.

As far as I can tell, only Osaze have gone from Belgium to bigger things in Europe over the last 15 years till Ndidi showed up.

1+1 is not always 2 in football especially with transfers. Just about anything is possible. I sincerely hope the Nigerians in Belgium currently, move on to greater things than their predisesors.

Edit the first @bolded paragraph then I will exclude Celestine, Oliseh and co. grin

Because you generalized.

The second @bolded is also false because Akpan and Afolabi played in bigger league. grin

And recently Ndidi is bamboozing the EPL.... grin

The only player that was invited and couldn't hack it when they were given chance in the National team was Akpan. EOD. grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:31pm On Apr 03, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

He is not telling to truth because if he is, he should have known that those players were up against some bigger players in the National team.

And we don't consider players in the Belgium pro league because we had lots of good ones in top clubs and top leagues in the world.

Martins Obafemi, Aghahoha, Yakubu etc.

Ask him which dem wan take play ahead of these players?

The reason we are picking players from the Belgium pro league these days is because there is drought of good players in top leagues for some positions in the National team. grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 12:31pm On Apr 03, 2017
forgiveness:

In the last 15 years simply means from 2002 to 2017, ba? grin

Rabiu Afolabi still played in the Belgium pro league between 1997 - 2003. grin

Wilfred Ndidi still played in the Belgium pro league between 2016 - 2017 grin

Joseph Akpala still played btw that time frame yet he moved to bigger club Werder Bremen. grin

Marvin Ogunjimi never considered Nigeria. EOD. grin

Tosin Dosunmu still went to France.

Patrick Ogunsoto made his name in Greece before coming to Belgium only to shine for one season.

Now, explain what you mean by living up to expectations?

Edit the first @bolded paragraph then I will exclude Celestine, Oliseh and co. grin

Because you generalized.

The second @bolded is also false because Akpan Afolabi pl
So what happened when Akpala moved to a bigger league? Did he leave up to expectation? When he played for the super, did he live up to expectation?

You can clearly see I pointed Osaze and Ndidi as those who seemed to progress after there stint in Belgium. I wonder why you brought up Ndidi again?

Just see how hard Toure trying to squeeze in Afolabi, it quite petty of you to be honest grin. However, it doesn't change anything.

Why should I edit the first paragraph when the 3rd paragraph cleared up with time frame I tried to establish?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:33pm On Apr 03, 2017
Here are some talking points in the NPFL this week.

1. MFM and Stephen Odey were dramitically brought down to earth. Fidelis Ilechukwu on his return from a CAF B coaching course was forced to watch his club go down 4-0 to Nasarawa. Fidelis responded by saying just like the PSG coach did not know how barca beat them 6-1, he too was speechless.

2. Player of the month Sunday Adetunji continues his and Abia warriors impressive run of form with a brace against ABS. His 2 goal were enough to secure all 3 points.

3. Prince of the Desert Samuel Mathias is about the best young winger in Nigeria. He enhanced that reputation by getting the match winner against Kano pillars. His goal lifted El-Kanemi into second place.

4. Mfon Udoh told the Rangers defence and goalkeeper that he would pay them 10,000 naira each if he didn't score yesterday. He went on to score the match winner. Mfon has scored 7 goals so far this season but the crazy part is that he has been playing as a full time winger. He has become a true leader of the club and he is proving to be a great captain who leads by example. IMO he is a much better player now than the one who broke the goal record.

5. The struggle continues for Wikki, Rivers and Enugu. I am in a loss for words and especially excuses. I hate to use the R word but it is really possible. Imama was given a 3 match notice and so far 1 draw 2 loses.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 12:39pm On Apr 03, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

1. MFM and Stephen Odey were dramitically brought down to earth. Fidelis Ilechukwu on his return from a CAF B coaching course was forced to watch his club go down 4-0 to Nasarawa. Fidelis responded by saying just like the PSG coach did not know how barca beat them 6-1, he too was speechless.

2. Player of the month Sunday Adetunji continues his and Abia warriors impressive run of form with a brace against ABS. His 2 goal were enough to secure all 3 points.

3. Prince of the Desert Samuel Mathias is about the best young winger in Nigeria. He enhanced that reputation by getting the match winner against Kano pillars. His goal lifted El-Kanemi into second place.

4. Mfon Udoh told the Rangers defence and goalkeeper that he would pay them 10,000 naira each if he didn't score yesterday. He went on to score the match winner. Mfon has scored 7 goals so far this season but the crazy part is that he has been playing as a full time winger. He has become a true leader of the club and he is proving to be a great captain who leads by example. IMO he is a much better player now than the one who broke the goal record.

5. The struggle continues for Wikki, Rivers and Enugu. I am in a loss for words and especially excuses. I hate to use the R word but it is really possible. Imama was given a 3 match notice and so far 1 draw 2 loses.

Can you please skip reporting anything about Rangers? I get migranes whenever I read about Rangers matter.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:43pm On Apr 03, 2017
goldfish80:

So what happened when Akpala moved to a bigger league? Did he leave up to expectation? When he played for the super, did he live up to expectation?

You can clearly see I pointed Osaze and Ndidi as those who seemed to progress after there stint in Belgium. I wonder why you brought up Ndidi again?

Just see how hard Toure trying to squeeze in Afolabi, it quite petty of you to be honest grin. However, it doesn't change anything.

Why should I edit the first paragraph when the 3rd paragraph cleared up with time frame I tried to establish?

You have to admit you faltered when you said they didn't play in bigger league, na before you start talking about them living up to expectations. Agreed? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 12:47pm On Apr 03, 2017
forgiveness:

You have to admit you flattered when you said they didn't play in bigger league, na before you start talking about them living up to expectations. Agreed? grin
What's my concern with the league they played? Am talking about players leaving up to there promise and you're taking about clubs they played for?
Anybody can play for any club. Thomas Graveson once played for Real Madrid.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:57pm On Apr 03, 2017
goldfish80:

What's my concern with the league they played? Am talking about players leaving up to there promise and you're taking about clubs they played for?
Anybody can play for any club. Thomas Graveson once played for Real Madrid.

If it doesn't concern you why make such false and misleading statement? shocked grin

goldfish80:

But somehow he never got a chance to play in a bigger league.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 12:57pm On Apr 03, 2017
goldfish80:

Can you please skip reporting anything about Rangers? I get migranes whenever I read about Rangers matter.
abeg cool down
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:01pm On Apr 03, 2017
goldfish80:

lol abeg no vex.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:03pm On Apr 03, 2017
goldfish80:

Are you also alluding Afolabi didn't live up to expectations?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 1:03pm On Apr 03, 2017
forgiveness:

If it doesn't concern you why make such false and misleading statement? shocked grin

That was very petulant of you. I clearly said Peter Utaka never played in a bigger league not Joseph Akpala.

For instance, Peter Utaka was the best striker in Belgium, scoring goals like it was going out of fashion. He lead the goals scorers chart for 2 seasons before he left. But somehow he never got a chance to play in a bigger league .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:12pm On Apr 03, 2017
goldfish80:

That was very petulant of you. I clearly said Peter Utaka never played in a bigger league not Joseph Akpala.

[i][/i]
goldfish80:

As far as I can tell, only Osaze have gone from Belgium to bigger things in Europe over the last 15 years till Ndidi showed up.

When your 2nd to the last paragraph cleared up with the statement above? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:14pm On Apr 03, 2017
goldfish80:

Petulant, I dey laugh die, so oga forgiveness u edited this man's words? Abeg say it ain't so o.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 1:24pm On Apr 03, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

Petulant, I dey laugh die, so oga forgiveness u edited this man's words? Abeg say it ain't so o.
Forgiveness is a piece of work.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 1:26pm On Apr 03, 2017
forgiveness:

[i][/i]

When your 2nd to the last paragraph cleared up with the statement above? grin
Bigger things in this context means Osaze went on to have a fulfilling career for both club and country.
Looks like you played a lot of pranks when you were younger.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:45pm On Apr 03, 2017
goldfish80:

Bigger things in this context means Osaze went on to have a fulfilling career at both club and country.
Looks like you played a lot of pranks when you were younger.

Hehehehe! grin grin

You are inconsistent, chaii! grin

That was why I asked you to explain what you meant by living up to expectation?

And what are your expectations?

I am only taking you at your word. That's all. grin

No pranks. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 1:59pm On Apr 03, 2017
forgiveness:

Hehehehe! grin grin

You are inconsistent, chaii! grin

That was why I asked you to explain what you meant by living up to expectation?

And what are your expectations?

I am only taking you at your word. That's all. grin

No pranks. grin
You have been a football fan for years and you want me to explain to you what a player living up to expectations means?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:02pm On Apr 03, 2017
goldfish80:

You have been a football fan for years and you want me to explain to you what a player living up to expectations means?

Because I don't know your standard of rating players. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:08pm On Apr 03, 2017
Abeg make CHAN come quickly naa..... I wanna See Stephen Odey, Mfon Udoh and MuaZam in the attacking third for our CHAN Home-based Eagles. ..... wink

Nice Reports Sir Basco..... just beautiful. The Mfon Udoh own was very audacious indeed. Dude is a baller biko.... cheesy

BascoVanVeli:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:16pm On Apr 03, 2017
FC Porto Delivers Judgment On Nigerian Players At The Club : One Leaving, Two Promoted & One Incoming

As the season in Portugal draws to an end, Portuguese giants FC Porto have communicated on the future of the six Nigerian players on their payroll, Owngoalnigeria.com can exclusively reveal.

Porto presently have six Nigerians on their payroll in Chidozie Awaziem, Mikel Agu, Chidera Eze, Fidelis Irhene, Musa Yahaya and Moses John, but only Awaziem and Yahaya are close to the first team, while John is attached to the U-18s.

The duo of Eze and Irhene are out on loan to high flying second division side Portimonense who are guarantee to gain promotion to the top tier in Portugal, while Agu has been earning rare reviews at his present loan side Vitoria Setubal.

Owngoalnigeria.com can exclusively reveal. The club have decided to terminate the contract of one of the Nigerian players at the team and replaced him with another Nigerian who is currently battling to secure his visa from the Portuguese Embassy in Abuja.

Also Awaziem, Yahaya and Agu will be given the chance to impress the technical crew of the team in pre season games, while Eze will most likely remain on loan at Portimonense or move up to the B team who are in the second division.

Overall one Nigerian player will depart the club, and will be replaced by another Nigerian, while Agu and Eze will be promoted to the first team and B team respectively.

The future of Fidelis Irhene appears to lie outside the club as he is reported to be on the wishlist of teams in Turkey and Belgium, but Porto will only sanction a loan move for him in the summer or outright sale with the option of buy back after few years.

* Daniel Martins

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/04/03/fc-porto-delivers-judgment-on-nigerian-players-at-the-club-one-leaving-two-promoted-one-incoming/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:17pm On Apr 03, 2017
TheSuperNerd:

Abeg make CHAN come quickly naa..... I wanna See Stephen Odey, Mfon Udoh and MuaZam in the attacking third for our CHAN Home-based Eagles. ..... wink

Nice Reports Sir Basco..... just beautiful. The Mfon Udoh own was very audacious indeed. Dude is a baller biko.... cheesy

My brother see me see trouble o, audacious is the word.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:21pm On Apr 03, 2017
Super Eagles Coach Scouts Remo Stars Sensation Victor Mbaoma Against Katsina United

Super Eagles assistant coach Salisu Yusuf was among the important guests at the Gateway Stadium, Sagamu, where Remo Stars took on Katsina United on matchday 17 in the Nigerian Professional Football League on Sunday afternoon.

Ahead of the 2018 African Nations Championship qualifiers in August, Yusuf is scouring the Nigerian top flight for the best talents and his first port of call after the international break was Sagamu.

Two of the Remo Stars players Yusuf definitely came to watch are skipper Victor Mbaoma, who has caught the eye this season and Oche Salefu.

“Salisu Yusuf was at the Gateway Stadium but he won’t disclose the names of the players that he came to watch or those that impressed him, ” a Remo stars official told
allnigeriasoccer.com .

“Victor Mbaoma and Oche Salefu are the two best players in the squad and they played well yesterday. They have been performing well this season. ”

Victor Mbaoma, who has scored seven goals in the NPFL this season, trained with the Flying Eagles ahead of the 2015 Fifa U20 World Cup.

**Ifeanyi Emmanuel
Photo Credit : npfl.ng

Source: http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=22590
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:31pm On Apr 03, 2017
Brand Spark: Kelechi Iheanacho vs Alex Iwobi

Kenneth IguodalaApr 03, 2017BRAND SPARK

When you try to imagine the future of Nigerian football, two names come to mind first — Kelechi Promise Iheanacho and Alexander Chuka “Alex” Iwobi. These starlets are without doubt, two of the best upcoming footballers in Europe at the moment and the fact that they both play for two of the biggest clubs in the English Premiership is proof of this fact.

Iheanacho and Iwobi were exceptional for the Super Eagles and their respective clubs last year and it may be a little surprising to see them not get more starts under their belt. Many Super Eagles fans had hoped to see both men go head-to-head in Sunday’s pulsating 2-2 draw but there was very little surprise when Iwobi only came on as a substitute for Danny Welbeck while his pal, Iheanacho was left out of City’s squad at the Emirates. Notwithstanding, the future is definitely bright for these two.

Although Iheanacho and Iwobi have contrasting styles of play, this week’s edition of Brand Spark brings you a comparison between the Super Eagles pair.

Kelechi Iheanacho

Date of Birth – 3 October 1996 (age 20)

Playing Position – Forward

Super Eagles Apperances – 8
◾Goals – 5

Club – Manchester City
◾Shirt Number – 72
◾Apperances – 42
◾Goals – 12

Current season stats

Tournament Appearances Goals Assists Yellow cards Red cards
EFL Cup (League Cup) 2 0 0 1 0
FA Cup 2 1 0 0 0
Premier League 16 4 3 0 0
UEFA Champions League 4 2 0 0 0

Alex Iwobi

Date of Birth – 3 May 1996 (age 20)

Playing Position – Winger, Forward

Super Eagles Apperances – 8
◾Goals – 1

Club – Arsenal
◾Shirt Number – 17
◾Apperances – 37
◾Goals – 5

Current season stats

Tournament Appearances Goals Assists Yellow cards Red cards
EFL Cup (League Cup) 2 0 0 1 0
FA Cup 3 0 2 0 0
Premier League 24 3 3 1 0
UEFA Champions League 7 1 0 0 0

With rumours of Iheancho making a move to Arsenal to join Super Eagles team mate Iwobi, this comparison isn’t far fetched. Let us know in the comments which of the two players you think makes more impact.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 2:32pm On Apr 03, 2017
Ndidi is definitely the signing of this past winter transfer.

Let's hope that the EPL teams are paying attention because any team that signs Etebo would be getting another potential Super Star. Mark my words!

O pari

TheSuperNerd:

Ndidi ’ s Wonder Strike Vs Stoke Nominated For EPL Goal Of The Weekend

Wilfred Ndidi's wonder goal in Leicester City's 2-0 win against Stoke City have been nominated for Premier League Goal of the weekend, Completesportsnigeria.com reports.

According to Sky Sports, Ndidi's wonder strike was nominated along with four other goals scored over the weekend.

Ndidi gave Leicester the lead on 25 minutes after controlling with his left foot before letting fly a rocket of a shot from 25 yards for his first ever Premier League goal.

Ndidi's teammate at Leicester, Jamie Vardy's superb goal which sealed the win for the league champions, was also nominated.

Others include Crystal Palace's Wilfred Zaha and Christian Benteke's goals in their 2-1 win against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge and Philippe Countinho's solo effort in Liverpool's 3-1 home win against Everton in the Merseyside derby.

Fans are expected to cast their votes for the best among the five shortlisted goals
Premier League Goal of the Weekend shortlist:

Wilfred Ndidi (Leicester City 2-0 Stoke City)

Christian Benteke (Chelsea 1-2 C/Palace)

Wilfred Zaha (Chelsea 1-2 C/Palace)

Jamie Vardy (Leicester City 2-0 Stoke City)

Philippe Coutinho (Liverpool 3-1 Everton).

Source: http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/ndidis-wonder-strike-vs-stoke-nominated-epl-goal-weekend/

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (753) (754) (755) (756) (757) (758) (759) ... (16180) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: dymusty86, charlesemeka85(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.