Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,398 members, 7,861,116 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:02 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7563) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11929794 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7560) (7561) (7562) (7563) (7564) (7565) (7566) ... (16336) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 3:45pm On Nov 08, 2019
Clementoke:
I saw this somewhere. I don't know how true they are

The Sins of Gernot Rohr

1)With the the SuperEagles to play Benin Republic and Lesotho in an AFCON 2021 Qualifier in a tight schedule, Rohr, rather than go through the official administrative channel which is the the NFF, called CAF to change the match time.

2. GernotRohr unruly behaviour at the FIFA U20WC earned the the NFF a query. He was roaming round technical areas during the tournament without accreditation & when security/protocol officers stopped him, he rained abuses on them. It got to the organizers & then a query.

3. It's on record that Gernot Rohr was in talks with D.R Congo Football Federation boss, Omari, on taking over as coach of the team. Same Rohr made contacts with FECAFOOT to coach the Indomitable Lions. All facts well known.

4. Gernot Rohr loves our money in Nigeria but cannot live here to check for good local players. Rohr has killed the local league players psychologically.

I particularly doubt that No 2 "offence"

Can you give me the handle of the person who twitted this so I can go and give him a piece of my mind?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:15pm On Nov 08, 2019
Icon4s:

Worked on mine already. A little busy now. Will post it later in the evening.

I noticed some discrepancies already.

Go to your profile page, click on your 'mentions' and please check one after the other. Take your time please. We have time.

If I hear you or Andrew complain about inec again, I will ...... hmmm, let me end it there.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:56pm On Nov 08, 2019
Subzero047:

Can you give me the handle of the person who twitted this so I can go and give him a piece of my mind?

He's Babafemi Raji, the Brilla sports guy.

He's entitled to his opinion though but as far as i'm concerned Rohr's contract should be extended till 2022.
Our players are still young and growing. We cannot rest our hopes on the likes of Osimehn and Chukwueze in their present stage and hope for trophies. Rohr has given most of these players the opportunity to feature and he has trusted them. He is kind of grooming them.

Although Rohr's system of playing games is not delicious he however has not performed beneath expectation. So far he has done exceedingly well.

If we sack him now what would be the reason? His style of play? Or that he cannot take us to the next level like some say?

If we sack him because of his style of play, that would be very 'dumb' (apologies) of us. Because what matters at this stage is results (which we are getting) and progression- of the team and players (which is gradually happening). Anything else is just an icing on the cake.

Likewise what is the ideal next level we should be aiming at? Winning the WC 2022 or reaching its semis? There is nothing wong with cheating success once in a while but most often you need to plan to achieve success and that takes time. After DAS REBOOT, it took Germany a patient amount of time to win the world cup.

Likewise we cannot just get up from the ruins of not qualifying for two AFCONS in succession and seasons of poor performances to suddenly winning a world cup in 2022. Most especially when our players are just gathering steam.

We should be patient. We have to wait. And so far with Rohr it is a good wait.

The ideal next level for now should be having world class players on our team soon enough or having players in the fold of the likes of Mane and Sallah. When we do, we can be confident to win trophies with or without Rohr.

The team profile is rising and the core is getting solid. Sacking Rohr now would most likely disrupt this nice progression (based on past antecedents).

Is there a guarantee that any affordable coach can do better with this young team than Rohr has done?

I don't think so.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:06pm On Nov 08, 2019
andrewbaba44:
This are the results in order

1 Tbaba with 12 votes
2 Thesupernerd with 10 votes
3 Safarigirl with 7 votes
4 Bascovanvelli with 6 votes
4 Forgiveness with 6 votes
4 Komekn with 6 votes
5 Andrewbaba with 4 votes
6 Icon4s with 3 votes
7 Charlesemeka with 2 votes
7 elyte89 with 2 votes
8 Humility with 1 votes
8 Chriskels with 1 votes
8 Jooebie with 1 votes

Icon4s you can corrrect me if there is any mistake, but i am sure of my calculations
cc icon4s

No vote for me!!!!!!!haba. Anyway no wahala at least no votes for Goodjoe, Schlumberger Chairman, the earth terror, Icon79, the man who knows it all, an so many more. Nothing spoil, we will try again next year.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 5:12pm On Nov 08, 2019
jihday:
Oh, you already reported it. Your head dey there
Chinese media company will be ready to pounce on this opportunity and turn it to a monopoly
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:13pm On Nov 08, 2019
Taliban:

If I hear you or Andrew complain about inec again, I will ...... hmmm, let me end it there.

Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 5:14pm On Nov 08, 2019
andrewbaba44:

1 Tbaba with 12 votes
4 Komekn with 6 votes
6 Icon4s with 3 votes
7 elyte89 with 2 votes
8 Humility with 1 votes
8 Chriskels with 1 votes
8 Jooebie with 1 votes

Icon4s you can corrrect me if there is any mistake, but i am sure of my calculations
cc icon4s

I voted drlikita, I no see her name here
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by timay(m): 5:19pm On Nov 08, 2019
Odunayaw:
Chinese media company will be ready to pounce on this opportunity and turn it to a monopoly

Startimes will be looking at Supersport with corner eye now grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:19pm On Nov 08, 2019
sacking rohr will be disastrous and ill timed by the nff. many fans here will be expecting the team to perform magic during the next world cup but fail to accept the fact that such doesn't happen in football and if your team happens to strike luck as the competition progresses it will definitely come to a halt when reality sets in.

rohr is not the best neither is he the worst but judging by his progression with the team since he took charge i urge the nff to renew his contract until 2022 world cup where he will be let lose if the teams aim is not accomplished.

he has been been able to assemble a team which comprises of young and hungry talented kids who have played together for a while to build cohesion and understanding. since he took charge the super eagles have regained its lost glory atleast in african football by bouncing back after missing back to back afcons to make it to the semi finals in a 24 team afcon finishing 3rd unlike the previous editions which had 16 teams. players invitation so far have been by merit whereas players hae been made to understand that you have to be as good as your last match in the gwg shirt to retain your place in the team.

the team is currently in a new era after the retirement of the 3 major components of the team namely mikel,moses and ighalo so rohr should be allowed to continue with what he has put in place already which the results have been positive and obvious to alot of super eagles fans. the german team that emerged victorious at the 2014 world started to be assembled gradually by loew after the 2006 world, the team progressed at every tournament until they struck gold in brazil.

france did the same which started after their dismal performance in 2010 world and progressed gradually until they struck gold at the last world cup. the english followed suit and started rebuilding during the 2014 world cup and now the dutch whose building process began less than 2 years ago which have alot of positives.

we have to learn from our mistakes and ought to know that fire brigade approach have never benefited us rather it destroys
breezy147:

He's entitled to his opinion though but as far as i'm concerned Rohr's contract should be extended till 2022.
Our players are still young and growing. We cannot rest our hopes on the likes of Osimehn and Chukwueze in their present stage and hope for trophies. Rohr has given most of these players the opportunity to feature and he has trusted them. He is kind of grooming them.

Although Rohr's system of playing games is not delicious he however has not performed beneath expectation. So far he has done exceedingly well.

If we sack him now what would be the reason? His style of play? Or that he cannot take us to the next level like some say?

If we sack him because of his style of play, that would be very 'dumb' (apologies) of us. Because what matters at this stage is results (which we are getting) and progression- of the team and players (which is gradually happening). Anything else is just an icing on the cake.

Likewise what is the ideal next level we should be aiming at? Winning the WC 2022 or reaching its semis? There is nothing wong with cheating success once in a while but most often you need to plan to achieve success and that takes time. After DAS REBOOT, it took Germany a patient amount of time to win the world cup.

Likewise we cannot just get up from the ruins of not qualifying for two AFCONS in succession and seasons of poor performances to suddenly winning a world cup in 2022. Most especially when our players are just gathering steam.

The ideal next level for now should be having world class players on our team soon enough or having players in the fold of the likes of Mane and Sallah. When we do, we can be confident to win trophies with or without Rohr. However sacking Rohr now may disrupt this goal. Is there really a guarantee that any coach can do better with this young team than Rohr has done?

I don't think so.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 5:21pm On Nov 08, 2019
breezy147:

The ideal next level for now should be having world class players on our team soon enough or having players in the fold of the likes of Mane and Sallah. When we do, we can be confident to win trophies with or without Rohr.

The team profile is rising and the core is getting solid. Sacking Rohr now would most likely disrupt this nice progression (based on past antecedents).

Is there a guarantee that any affordable coach can do better with this young team than Rohr has done?

I don't think so.

Wow you write like a sage

Good work

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 5:40pm On Nov 08, 2019
timay:

Startimes will be looking at Supersport with corner eye now grin
grin I'm telling you. Its like they want to be unfortunate quickly
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 5:46pm On Nov 08, 2019
Eze in the England U21 squad

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:48pm On Nov 08, 2019
saw that earlier. good for him
Clementoke:
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:55pm On Nov 08, 2019

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by timay(m): 6:01pm On Nov 08, 2019
Odunayaw:
grin I'm telling you. Its like they want to be unfortunate quickly

The sweet part of it is that, startimes is not like the Nigerian Run HITV. They are Chinese and they have a lot of money to throw around and can't be bullied around financially or otherwise. I'm sure DSTV too knows this, that is why they are also being careful this days, cos any small Bleep up when, those Chinese will do their thing
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:01pm On Nov 08, 2019
Clementoke:

He prefers playing there than Nigeria ,I said it before he excused him self for invitation because he prefers England U21 but yet some asslickers here will keep on ranting
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 6:10pm On Nov 08, 2019
Clementoke:
E no concern me

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:20pm On Nov 08, 2019
No be law court we dey. Dey deceive urself.
safarigirl:
inductive reasoning and fallacy of generalization

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 6:21pm On Nov 08, 2019
Joebie:
No be law court we dey. Dey deceive urself.
ok.

Three days ago, I mentioned bribery in the U17, today I dey deceive myself because I no gree for Alaba own.

Issokay
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:22pm On Nov 08, 2019
If he no turn down the invitation, then o pari. E don change mind be that. We move on. Maybe Ejaria next.

Clementoke:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:24pm On Nov 08, 2019
U-23 Afcon update.

Egypt vs Mali currently on....still 0-0
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 6:35pm On Nov 08, 2019
andrewbaba44:

He prefers playing there than Nigeria ,I said it before he excused him self for invitation because he prefers England U21 but yet some asslickers here will keep on ranting

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:42pm On Nov 08, 2019
Oya prove the bribery in U17 na?
safarigirl:
ok.

Three days ago, I mentioned bribery in the U17, today I dey deceive myself because I no gree for Alaba own.

Issokay
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:45pm On Nov 08, 2019
Why don’t we apply the same term, ”asslickers” when it’s other players not deserving of the attention some of us give attention here?. That terminology has prejudice written all over it.

andrewbaba44:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:49pm On Nov 08, 2019
HT: Egypt 1-0 Mali

#U23Afcon

TheSuperNerd:
U-23 Afcon update.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrLikita12(f): 6:53pm On Nov 08, 2019
https://npfl.ng/amp/npfl-agm-ratifies-amendments-to-rules-for-stricter-compliance-enforcement/
NPFL is negotiating a TV deal with Next TV.
They are also hoping to get more sponsors

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 7:02pm On Nov 08, 2019
Joebie:
Oya prove the bribery in U17 na?

There were victims, who mentioned that they spent their own personal money. It was not "Someone said he spent" it was "I spent....."

Different scenarios. One is hearsey, one isn't
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:03pm On Nov 08, 2019
andrewbaba44:

1 Tbaba with 12 votes
4 Komekn with 6 votes
6 Icon4s with 3 votes
7 elyte89 with 2 votes
8 Humility with 1 votes
8 Chriskels with 1 votes
8 Jooebie with 1 votes

cc icon4s

Chai people are wicked o. Let me not say much. I rest my case.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:05pm On Nov 08, 2019
Joebie:
Why don’t we apply the same term, ”asslickers” when it’s other players not deserving of the attention some of us give attention here?. That terminology has prejudice written all over it.

No vex ,I no no say I dey attack you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 7:09pm On Nov 08, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
U-23 Afcon update.

What particular time is the NIGERIA vs COTED'IVOIRE U 23 match tomorrow?

Is it

4:00 pm?

or

6:00 pm?

( Nigerian time)
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:16pm On Nov 08, 2019
Lol it’s not serious my bro. We are all having fun here wink
Taliban:

Chai people are wicked o. Let me not say much. I rest my case.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:18pm On Nov 08, 2019
Lol it’s not unique to u na. I just dey observe. I no vex
andrewbaba44:

No vex ,I no no say I dey attack you

(1) (2) (3) ... (7560) (7561) (7562) (7563) (7564) (7565) (7566) ... (16336) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.