Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,129 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:12 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7561) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11930116 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7558) (7559) (7560) (7561) (7562) (7563) (7564) ... (16336) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lucque: 7:43am On Nov 08, 2019
Mr Southgate,

They say Common sense isnt common.
I was going to write a long epistle
on how ur comment was both rude
and slightly disappointing,
given the fact that i have never insulted
or ridiculed u on this thread...

but then i thought abt how pointless it would be given how you are the most sound minded and unbiased and unsentimental moniker in your own eyes....

well, lady x made a comment abt ex chelsea players flopping...u responded by calling non chelsea players..i drew ur attention to the comment, and you decided to go low...very low....

Well abt nepa...the assumption that i live in Nigeria...or dat i live in an area wer power is a challenge is just comical. grin grin grin

komekn:

You jumped in to add your view but it's jaundiced because its based entirely on perception not facts.

But very disappointing because these are facts easily established by reading the her posts and the subsequent follow up posts.

But in case NEPA cease light for your side and as such you could not see. Look at the screen shot and the comments in bold.

So what would you call your comments Objective, Balanced or something else.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 7:56am On Nov 08, 2019
somehow:
Is corruption only about money?
Have they been 100% clean including Rohr?

The answer is none. Now compare that to your Local Coaches - Manu, Ugbade, Aigbogun, Keshi, Siasia etc etc
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Koboko99(m): 7:58am On Nov 08, 2019
tbaba1234:

Choose your best players home and abroad. If we can get top European prospects of Nigerian origin to pay for us as youths, we can boost their careers and there is a good chance that they will play for us in the future if they reach their potential

Our goal should be creating the best national team players in the future. Open the floor and let the players compete. Then, make your selection fairly and without bias. That way, we lay a good foundation for the future.

The best local lads will make it and so will the best foreign lads.

You boost your odds for future talents. There should be no room for sentiments.

God bless you for this sir.

County of birth should not be a barrier to playing for Nigeria. We need the best crop of players in our youth teams. CATCH THEM YOUNG!!!

Some of these players we are courting and trying and trying now should have been capped at U17 and U21 levels.

Some of the players that were denied in the last U17 and U21 world cups because we are trying to help our home grown talents will end up with good clubs a few years from now. Then, we'll start sending delegates to beg them. Let's get them in early.

Most countries at the U17 world cup have a better system and better facilities than Nigeria, yet they still had foreign based players in their squad. We are here fumbling and forming nonsense pride.

The Nigerian national teams should be open to every Nigerian all over the world irrespective of their country of birth.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 7:59am On Nov 08, 2019
Joebie:
At least we have all relied on that report for long. Until Alaba denies it, it stands. Because that sentiment lies with some of us Nigerians. That's something I cannot take away from our coaches. Unless you are now asking me for proof grin

Yes, please. Post proof that he said this, preferably quotes from him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 8:06am On Nov 08, 2019
kellycute:
bro, I'll remind you January OK but please dont try to act evasive using your legendary skill "show me where I ever said that, or quote me verbatim bla bla bla" when I bring it up thereafter.
you better screenshot and archive it fir future reference o, because some people dey deny pass Peter for here

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:16am On Nov 08, 2019
Leicester eyeing '£20m transfer swoop for Club Brugge and Nigeria striker Emmanuel Dennis in January

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7655021/Leicester-eyeing-20m-transfer-swoop-Club-Brugge-striker-Emmanuel-Dennis-January.html

Dailymail news dey authentic small sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 8:49am On Nov 08, 2019
safarigirl:
you better screenshot and archive it fir future reference o, because some people dey deny pass Peter for here
he go still deny am even if we post screenshot lol. He go use style ignore the main point and focus on another wey nor dey relevant then he go use English dribble himself comot. You can't pin komekn down Lai Lai cos his evasive skill is topnotch.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:05am On Nov 08, 2019
Danielnino00:

Nwakali isn't doing well at club level agreed.. But he was called up to the u-23 on the back of his impressive performance at the u-17 level and at club level..
So far he has performed well at the u-23 level..why drop him now?
Ur performance at club level will earn u an invitation to the national team, but ur performance in the national team will keep u there... Nwakali has earned his spot in that team..there's nothing u can do about it except to cry..

I have no problem with nwakali sha, i will accept him as far as he is playing for the u23 and not the super eagles

But i hope you will not be supporting a bench warmer being called to the super eagles?

Anyway thats why i trust rohr, and i can see the reason you dont like rohr , maybe because he doesnt call bench warmers like nwakali to the eagles

Dont come here and say your performance in the national team keep you there when you cannot even make match day squad for your club, i can only accept a bench warmer in eagles GK area
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 9:17am On Nov 08, 2019
safarigirl:

Yes, please. Post proof that he said this, preferably quotes from him.

BAYERN Munich youngster, David Alaba, says he should have been playing representative football for Nigeria but was denied by stringent eligibility rule by football officials in the country.

Alaba, whose father is Nigerian and of Filipino mother, plays for Austrian national team but only after he has been turned down by Nigeria.
The defender said he actually planned to join Nigeria's cadet team which won the 2007 FIFA World Youth Championship at South Korea but words reached him of his ineligibilty.

''I wanted to play for Nigeria but I must confess that there was no formal approach for me. A scout actually discussed that with me. I was excited because of my dad, he was a fan of Sunday Oliseh when Oliseh played for FC Koln. As a kid, I loved to watch Victor Agali in the jersey of Hansa Rostock,'' he told an Austrian news medium.

However, Alaba was shocked when told by the scout that Nigeria had plans mainly for its home-grown talents.
'' I got the information that Nigeria will only consider those who were in the country perhaps because of travelling logistics and that is the end of that."

Source - Tribune NG

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:33am On Nov 08, 2019
andrewbaba44:

I have no problem with nwakali sha, i will accept him as far as he is playing for the u23 and not the super eagles

But i hope you will not be supporting a bench warmer being called to the super eagles?

Anyway thats why i trust rohr, and i can see the reason you dont like rohr , maybe because he doesnt call bench warmers like nwakali to the eagles

Dont come here and say your performance in the national team keep you there when you cannot even make match day squad for your club, i can only accept a bench warmer in eagles GK area

Which bench warner have I clamoured for in the national team?

this ur post is reeks of confusion...
U said U have no problem with Nwakali being with the u-23 but still attacked me for saying the same thing..
Rohr no dy call up bench warmers? Lol.. The same Rohr that took Balogun to the AFCON? Ezenwa that couldn't cement a starting spot at Emyimba was always the first on Rohr list.
Even Mikel wey Conte put seat belt for him bench at Chelsea was always called up....

Of course I have no problem with those players being called up because they have always been important members of Rohr's team.

"Your performance at club level will earn u a national team call up while your national team performance will keep you there " .... It's a valid statement.... Do ur findings well and u will see that it's what's practised in most national teams.
.no serious national team coach will throw away a player just because of his club form as long as that player still have something to offer the national team.
Football doesn't start and end at club level

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 9:37am On Nov 08, 2019
iSlayer:

The answer is none. Now compare that to your Local Coaches - Manu, Ugbade, Aigbogun, Keshi, Siasia etc etc
Corruption is corruption be it big or small, so no need for comparison.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:53am On Nov 08, 2019
Joebie:
Na wa o. Player comparison and preferences is something displayed by many here. The bad blood talk weak me.

Agreed without reservation or question.

I think it mirrors unconscious and conscious bias and prejudice. The very thing upon which TRIBALISM is anchored upon.

Why cant it just be the best players irrespective of location, place of birth or background.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:59am On Nov 08, 2019
edi287:

BAYERN Munich youngster, David Alaba, says he should have been playing representative football for Nigeria but was denied by stringent eligibility rule by football officials in the country.

Alaba, whose father is Nigerian and of Filipino mother, plays for Austrian national team but only after he has been turned down by Nigeria.
The defender said he actually planned to join Nigeria's cadet team which won the 2007 FIFA World Youth Championship at South Korea but words reached him of his ineligibilty.

''I wanted to play for Nigeria but I must confess that there was no formal approach for me. A scout actually discussed that with me. I was excited because of my dad, he was a fan of Sunday Oliseh when Oliseh played for FC Koln. As a kid, I loved to watch Victor Agali in the jersey of Hansa Rostock,'' he told an Austrian news medium.

However, Alaba was shocked when told by the scout that Nigeria had plans mainly for its home-grown talents.
'' I got the information that Nigeria will only consider those who were in the country perhaps because of travelling logistics and that is the end of that."

Source - Tribune NG

Nothing here is in any way prejuducial in the malicious manner a lot of you have put it. Not just that, but it is clearly hearsey, because he didn't hear it first hand, but was told by someone. if someone tells me something, it is not fact, unless coming from an original source.

Bear in mind, logistical costs is a valid reason at times. It is the same way, when we had a friendly recently, only those based abroad were invited, because the friendly was abroad and NFF didn't want to spend money on travels.

There is nothing here to prove that there was malicious intent to his exclusion, and there is nothing here to even say with certainty, that Alaba was dropped because he wasn't a local player.

Hearsey is generally, an inadmissible evidence.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:03am On Nov 08, 2019
Lucque:
Mr Southgate,

but then i thought abt how pointless it would be given how you are the most sound minded and unbiased and unsentimental moniker in your own eyes....

well, lady x made a comment abt ex chelsea players flopping...u responded by calling non chelsea players..i drew ur attention to the comment, and you decided to go low...very low....

Well abt nepa...the assumption that i live in Nigeria...or dat i live in an area wer power is a challenge is just comical. grin grin grin

Bros, I have not seen your nomination. Please u still have 2hrs to do so
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:04am On Nov 08, 2019
Joebie:
madam.. Alaba denied they asked for bribe. He did not deny the report that the coaches said our U17s was meant for local bred players.
please follow context.

I remember the USA born Abuchi Obinwa Nigerian origin player who failed MRI in Nigeria.

His mother had to pay the NFF over a 100k naira for the test ( supposed to be free) and when she asked for the test results, NFF begin speak Chinese.

To think that Ademola Lookman and Ovie Ejaria both got screened for the U17 but nothing happened.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:05am On Nov 08, 2019
edi287:

Source - Tribune NG
Edi, i am not sure u have nominated. Please do so now. U have till 12noon Nigerian Time.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:06am On Nov 08, 2019
kellycute:
bro, I'll remind you January OK but please dont try to act evasive using your legendary skill "show me where I ever said that, or quote me verbatim bla bla bla" when I bring it up thereafter.

I challenge you to find one quote
where I said Solanke is Exceptional talent and or is a prospect for the SE.

Just screen shot it's not hard.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:08am On Nov 08, 2019
kellycute:

Nb: 2 goals in 2 games for nacho while your exceptional talent Solanke gat 0 goals in 12 games this season. Na wa

I have never recommended SOLANKE for the SE so what is the relevance or comparison for
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:12am On Nov 08, 2019
Lucque:
Mr Southgate,

You have EVADED the Question ❓ COMPLETELY.

You raised an observation birthed from your imagination. I gave you a screen shot with her comments. And you don't even address your blatant MISREPRESENTATION and are still trying to defend the indefensible.

Have some dignity, yes it's a faceless forum but still show integrity.

I still think light no deh for wherever you deh, you clearly can't see.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:19am On Nov 08, 2019
kellycute:
he go still deny am even if we post screenshot lol. He go use style ignore the main point and focus on another wey nor dey relevant then he go use English dribble himself comot. You can't pin komekn down Lai Lai cos his evasive skill is topnotch.

Both you and Safarigirl have NEVER EVER been able to date to SUBSTANTIATE any of your befuddled self birthed assumptions with one SCREENSHOT not two just one.

One again l Challenge you, please get Indignant and show just one post. No need for long story show the one post.

But both of you can NEVER you shamelessly tell blatant lies birthed from your jaundiced self birthed and justified presumptions.

You just hide and EVADE.

However, thier is a difference between the two of you on a very few occasions Safarigirl has been able to humbly apologise and concede mistakes. You have NEVER.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:27am On Nov 08, 2019
andrewbaba44:

I disagree with you STRONGLY.

First of all football us a very short term career.

At 21 if you are progressing you should not in any shape or form be playing youth football. Ideally you should be a young experienced professional.

The U23 is like the testing ground for younger professional players to gain access to the SE.

It's a aberration from general accepted best practice to select a player who has not played football for near 10 months. And an insult to players who are and have not been selected.

There is no EXCUSE.

It opens the door very wide for NFF officials to make thier deals and blatant sharp practices. We are Nigerians we know what can happen.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:37am On Nov 08, 2019
Kakamorufu:
hope adiddas will give us a new design for our qualifiers series

We are with NIKE but I second your hope. Nike need to come up with something new. Abi did they only pay the designer for a one off?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 10:41am On Nov 08, 2019
edi287:

Source - Tribune NG

Perhaps because of traveling logistics as stated in the article.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 10:43am On Nov 08, 2019
safarigirl:

Nothing here is in any way prejuducial in the malicious manner a lot of you have put it. Not just that, but it is clearly hearsey, because he didn't hear it first hand, but was told by someone. if someone tells me something, it is not fact, unless coming from an original source.

Bear in mind, logistical costs is a valid reason at times. It is the same way, when we had a friendly recently, only those based abroad were invited, because the friendly was abroad and NFF didn't want to spend money on travels.

There is nothing here to prove that there was malicious intent to his exclusion, and there is nothing here to even say with certainty, that Alaba was dropped because he wasn't a local player.

Palm oil dey your head jare

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:44am On Nov 08, 2019
komekn:

I disagree with you STRONGLY.

First of all football us a very short term career.

At 21 if you are progressing you should not in any shape or form be playing youth football. Ideally you should be a young experienced professional.

The U23 is like the testing ground for younger professional players to gain access to the SE.

It's a aberration from general accepted best practice to select a player who has not played football for near 10 months. And an insult to players who are and have not been selected.

There is no EXCUSE.

It opens the door very wide for NFF officials to make thier deals and blatant sharp practices. We are Nigerians we know what can happen.

How can you tell me if someone is progressing at 21 he should not play youth football?

Fabregas and aguero where already progressing at age 19 and they are still playing youth football.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kakamorufu(m): 11:08am On Nov 08, 2019
sorry bout that, i meant NIKE
BascoVanVeli:

We are with NIKE but I second your hope. Nike need to come up with something new. Abi did they only pay the designer for a one off?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kakamorufu(m): 11:09am On Nov 08, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

Nike need to come up with something new. Abi did they only pay the designer for a one off?
A bi oo. other nations are already having new designs keh

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 11:13am On Nov 08, 2019
Icon4s:

Edi, i am not sure u have nominated. Please do so now. U have till 12noon Nigerian Time.
I have Chief. I nominated Charlesemeka85.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:27am On Nov 08, 2019
edi287:

I have Chief. I nominated Charlesemeka85.

Ok
Noted. Thanks
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 11:32am On Nov 08, 2019
safarigirl:

U17s is mostly reserved for home based players. This is a well known fact and something people on here have confirmed and applauded.
Logistical reasons are valid but that doesn't change the fact the U17 is mostly reserved for home based players.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:45am On Nov 08, 2019
andrewbaba44:

How can you tell me if someone is progressing at 21 he should not play youth football?

Fabregas and aguero where already progressing at age 19 and they are still playing youth football.

I said " If you are progressing in football at 21 you should not be playing youth football " l am talking youth club football not youth national teams.

When you look at European teams most players at U21 level have already played 2/3 seasons of first team football.

In this regard national team U23 is for players who are established young professionals, playing first team football in thier respective clubs.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:50am On Nov 08, 2019
somehow:
The foreign coaches do theirs like it's part of the job. You can sometimes mistake it to be legal unlike the local coaches who do theirs without tact.

Another point is that most Nigerians don't see the corruption in foreign coaches handling the national teams due to complex.

I do.

Essentially because l personally know the European based agents some of them use.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7558) (7559) (7560) (7561) (7562) (7563) (7564) ... (16336) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.