Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,435 members, 7,861,210 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 07:10 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7562) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11931364 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7559) (7560) (7561) (7562) (7563) (7564) (7565) ... (16336) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:52am On Nov 08, 2019
Icon4s:

Bros, I have not seen your nomination. Please u still have 2hrs to do so

I nominated BascoVanVeli ages ago check.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 12:00pm On Nov 08, 2019
komekn:

I do.

Essentially because l personally know the European based agents some of them use.

Watch as they doubt this open truth

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:06pm On Nov 08, 2019
wink
Koboko99:

God bless you for this sir.

County of birth should not be a barrier to playing for Nigeria. We need the best crop of players in our youth teams. CATCH THEM YOUNG!!!

Some of these players we are courting and trying and trying now should have been capped at U17 and U21 levels.

Some of the players that were denied in the last U17 and U21 world cups because we are trying to help our home grown talents will end up with good clubs a few years from now. Then, we'll start sending delegates to beg them. Let's get them in early.

Most countries at the U17 world cup have a better system and better facilities than Nigeria, yet they still had foreign based players in their squad. We are here fumbling and forming nonsense pride.

The Nigerian national teams should be open to every Nigerian all over the world irrespective of their country of birth.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 12:06pm On Nov 08, 2019
LANDIES AND GENTLEMEN 12NOON IT IS NOW. NO MORE NOMINATIONS.

Andrewbaba44 and I will collate the Nominations and post here once we are done.

The Top seven nominated members will form the committee.

Thanks to everyone who took part in this phase.

We also crave your involvement in the subsequent phases so as to see this year's awards to an excellent conclusion.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 12:07pm On Nov 08, 2019
komekn:

I nominated BascoVanVeli ages ago check.

I wasn't referring to you. I know u have Nominated. Thanks

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:09pm On Nov 08, 2019
U dey ask me for proof say dem tell Alaba U17 is for local talent, before u go believe? U fall my hand.

safarigirl:

Yes, please. Post proof that he said this, preferably quotes from him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:13pm On Nov 08, 2019
The reports have always been there. But she is asking for proof that it’s true or proof that Alaba affirms it.

edi287:

BAYERN Munich youngster, David Alaba, says he should have been playing representative football for Nigeria but was denied by stringent eligibility rule by football officials in the country.

Alaba, whose father is Nigerian and of Filipino mother, plays for Austrian national team but only after he has been turned down by Nigeria.
The defender said he actually planned to join Nigeria's cadet team which won the 2007 FIFA World Youth Championship at South Korea but words reached him of his ineligibilty.

''I wanted to play for Nigeria but I must confess that there was no formal approach for me. A scout actually discussed that with me. I was excited because of my dad, he was a fan of Sunday Oliseh when Oliseh played for FC Koln. As a kid, I loved to watch Victor Agali in the jersey of Hansa Rostock,'' he told an Austrian news medium.

However, Alaba was shocked when told by the scout that Nigeria had plans mainly for its home-grown talents.
'' I got the information that Nigeria will only consider those who were in the country perhaps because of travelling logistics and that is the end of that."

Source - Tribune NG
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 12:14pm On Nov 08, 2019
somehow:

Corruption is corruption be it big or small, so no need for comparison.

there is need for comparison Mr.
have you heard comparative government and politics...

you compare and contrast... you can't say or link the corruption in European or non Africa countries to the ones prevalent in Africa...

you can't get a complete perfect system...but still that's not enough reason to rest on guise that being that corruption exist everywhere let's continue to tolerate ours....

only a man who aim not to make progress think that way....

I doubt the cadet team coaches in England would engage in the measure of corruption practised by same coaches in Nigeria....

even with their strict technological measures to abate corruption few cases are reported abroad...let alone Nigeria with inept technology and more cases are reported.....

corruption is the bane of our football growth

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:15pm On Nov 08, 2019
Anybody when moniker(s) don nominate and dem never nominate too, what are they feeling like? grin

Icon4s:

I wasn't referring to you. I know u have Nominated. Thanks
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 12:16pm On Nov 08, 2019
Joebie:
U dey ask me for proof say dem tell Alaba U17 is for local talent, before u go believe? U fall my hand.

I didn't see any such news when I checked online, hence my request for proof

What was eventually provided as proof, simply didn't suffice as far as substantial proof goes
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 12:17pm On Nov 08, 2019
Joebie:
The reports have always been there. But she is asking for proof that it’s true or proof that Alaba affirms it.

Nigeria coaches are something else especially in matters of corruption...
I started doubting this manu garba when he left the Chelsea dude on the bench all through the under 17 nations cup and even dropped the arsenal prodigy afterwards....

indigenous coaches and corruption are like 5 & 6
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:18pm On Nov 08, 2019
If police ask me for money for warri, u go ask me for proof?
We know those that are among us and their mentality. Leave matter.

safarigirl:

What was eventually provided as proof, simply didn't suffice as far as substantial proof goes
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 12:19pm On Nov 08, 2019
safarigirl:

Dear...anything is possible with Nigeria coaches and the NFF.....

those guys perfectly summed up Nigeria's problem....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:20pm On Nov 08, 2019
Power dey catch them. When dem dey do their own dem no dey use fear. it’s so obvious.

Humility017:

I started doubting this manu garba when he left the Chelsea dude on the bench all through the under 17 nations cup and even dropped the arsenal prodigy afterwards....

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 12:52pm On Nov 08, 2019
Humility017:

there is need for comparison Mr.
have you heard comparative government and politics...

you compare and contrast... you can't say or link the corruption in European or non Africa countries to the ones prevalent in Africa...

you can't get a complete perfect system...but still that's not enough reason to rest on guise that being that corruption exist everywhere let's continue to tolerate ours....

only a man who aim not to make progress think that way....

I doubt the cadet team coaches in England would engage in the measure of corruption practised by same coaches in Nigeria....

even with their strict technological measures to abate corruption few cases are reported abroad...let alone Nigeria with inept technology and more cases are reported.....

corruption is the bane of our football growth

A sin is a sin oga

I don't have the power to argue online for long sir.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:14pm On Nov 08, 2019
The CAF U-23 Afcon begins today....

Matches today:

Egypt vs Mali

Cameroun vs Ghana

Matches (Saturday):

Nigeria vs Cote d' Ivoire

South Africa vs Zambia

The Nigerian U-23s' game vs CIV comes up by 4pm Naija time and will be live on SuperSports9.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:19pm On Nov 08, 2019
Humility017:

How are u sure that the Chelsea kid and the arsenal prodigy weren't forced on Manu or they weren't better than the other players?

if that Bichi news hadn't leaked,that's how we would have said Manu was corrupt for not giving the boy playing time..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:21pm On Nov 08, 2019
According to ANS, Manchester City and Arsenal are showing interest in Olatomi Alfred Olaniyan #14 of the Golden Eaglets who featured prominently at the U-17 Afcon but didn't make the WC squad due to fitness issues.

News was also carried by a Man City Xtra, an independent site providing news, stats and more. They cited ANS.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:36pm On Nov 08, 2019
A few reports say Anderlecht are billed in Nigeria to take talks further to sign Samson Tijani of the Nigerian U-17 team.

While Akinkunmi Amoo, the team's most standout player in Brazil, is being chased by Spanish sides like Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid and Valencia; German sides like Bayern and Dortmund; Dutch side, Ajax; and English side, Leicester City and others like PSG, AC Milan.

He has been scouted at some point by Manchester City and Arsenal.

Talks with the Spanish teams are said to be legit but nothing is concluded yet.
He was meant to join Hammarby in Sweden but he has no interest of teaming up with them despite an agreement between Hammarby and Amoo's Nigerian academy side, Sidos FC.

So should Amoo bag a move to a bigger team, Hammarby will likely be compensated.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:41pm On Nov 08, 2019
News Alert

From @OsasuO:

@SuperSportTV will no longer show any @CAF_Online matches - NO AFCON qualifiers or CAF club games, as long as CAF's dispute with LAGARDERE SPORTS is unresolved. SuperSport have a $130m TV contract with CAF. African football fans are the collateral damage.

This order was sent to @SuperSportTV in an internal memo. The consequences of the @CAF_Online - LAGARDERE SPORTS fallout are very real.

**News still developing

As at last check, SuperSports will show the U-23 Afcon starting today.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 2:13pm On Nov 08, 2019
Joebie:
If police ask me for money for warri, u go ask me for proof?
We know those that are among us and their mentality. Leave matter.

inductive reasoning and fallacy of generalization
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:15pm On Nov 08, 2019
This are the results in order

1 Tbaba with 12 votes
2 Thesupernerd with 10 votes
3 Safarigirl with 7 votes
4 Bascovanvelli with 6 votes
4 Forgiveness with 6 votes
4 Komekn with 6 votes
5 Andrewbaba with 4 votes
6 Icon4s with 3 votes
7 Charlesemeka with 2 votes
7 elyte89 with 2 votes
8 Humility with 1 votes
8 Chriskels with 1 votes
8 Jooebie with 1 votes

Icon4s you can corrrect me if there is any mistake, but i am sure of my calculations
cc icon4s
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 2:29pm On Nov 08, 2019
andrewbaba44:

1st Tbaba with 12 votes
2nd Thesupernerd with 10 votes
3rd Bascovanvelli with 6 votes
3rd Forgiveness with 6 votes
3rd Komekn with 6 votes
4th Safari with 5 votes
5th Andrewbaba with 4 votes
6th Icon4s with 3 votes
7th Charlesemeka with 2 votes
7th elyte89 with 2 votes
8th Humility with 1 votes
8th Chriskels with 1 votes
9th Jooebie with 1 votes

Icon4s you can corrrect me if there is any mistake, but i am sure of my calculations
cc icon4s

Worked on mine already. A little busy now. Will post it later in the evening.

I noticed some discrepancies already.

Go to your profile page, click on your 'mentions' and please check one after the other. Take your time please. We have time.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 2:38pm On Nov 08, 2019
andrewbaba44:

1st Tbaba with 12 votes
2nd Thesupernerd with 10 votes
3rd Bascovanvelli with 6 votes
3rd Forgiveness with 6 votes
3rd Komekn with 6 votes
4th Safari with 5 votes
5th Andrewbaba with 4 votes
6th Icon4s with 3 votes
7th Charlesemeka with 2 votes
7th elyte89 with 2 votes
8th Humility with 1 votes
8th Chriskels with 1 votes
9th Jooebie with 1 votes

cc icon4s
I counted 7 in my mentions
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 2:42pm On Nov 08, 2019
Barca make €15m move for Adeyemi

Barcelona have set their sights on 17-year-old Red Bull Salzburg starlet Karim Adeyemi, according to Transfermarkt (per Sport).
The Munich-born forward is highly rated at Salzburg, who have attached a €15 million (£13m/$16.5m) price tag on their gem

Source Goal.com

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 2:43pm On Nov 08, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
The CAF U-23 Afcon begins today....

Matches today:

Egypt vs Mali

Cameroun vs Ghana

Matches (Saturday):

Nigeria vs Cote d' Ivoire

South Africa vs Zambia

The Nigerian U-23s' game vs CIV comes up by 4pm Naija time and will be live on SuperSports9.

there are reports that CAF and supersport are in a dispute and may not show all CAF games henceforth
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 2:43pm On Nov 08, 2019
safarigirl:

Don't worry I have asked him to go back. I have done mine already. I saw other discrepancies. Will tidy everything up later in the day.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 2:45pm On Nov 08, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
News Alert

From @OsasuO:

@SuperSportTV will no longer show any @CAF_Online matches - NO AFCON qualifiers or CAF club games, as long as CAF's dispute with LAGARDERE SPORTS is unresolved. SuperSport have a $130m TV contract with CAF. African football fans are the collateral damage.

This order was sent to @SuperSportTV in an internal memo. The consequences of the @CAF_Online - LAGARDERE SPORTS fallout are very real.

**News still developing

As at last check, SuperSports will show the U-23 Afcon starting today.
Oh, you already reported it. Your head dey there
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:56pm On Nov 08, 2019
Like Charlesemeka85 already stated pages back. This kid is really really good. I just don't know if we stand a chance to land him for our national teams coz the Germans surely have the edge. Also, if he is truly committed to Germany, then it's bye bye. He had featured for their U-16 and U-17 teams already.

Clementoke:
Barca make €15m move for Adeyemi

Barcelona have set their sights on 17-year-old Red Bull Salzburg starlet Karim Adeyemi, according to Transfermarkt (per Sport).
The Munich-born forward is highly rated at Salzburg, who have attached a €15 million (£13m/$16.5m) price tag on their gem

Source Goal.com

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:00pm On Nov 08, 2019
safarigirl:

No mind me jare, icon4s go correct me

And besides some people go vote and dem no dey tag thats why
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 3:34pm On Nov 08, 2019
I saw this somewhere. I don't know how true they are

The Sins of Gernot Rohr

1)With the the SuperEagles to play Benin Republic and Lesotho in an AFCON 2021 Qualifier in a tight schedule, Rohr, rather than go through the official administrative channel which is the the NFF, called CAF to change the match time.

2. GernotRohr unruly behaviour at the FIFA U20WC earned the the NFF a query. He was roaming round technical areas during the tournament without accreditation & when security/protocol officers stopped him, he rained abuses on them. It got to the organizers & then a query.

3. It's on record that Gernot Rohr was in talks with D.R Congo Football Federation boss, Omari, on taking over as coach of the team. Same Rohr made contacts with FECAFOOT to coach the Indomitable Lions. All facts well known.

4. Gernot Rohr loves our money in Nigeria but cannot live here to check for good local players. Rohr has killed the local league players psychologically.

I particularly doubt that No 2 "offence"

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 3:44pm On Nov 08, 2019
Clementoke:
I saw this somewhere. I don't know how true they are

The Sins of Gernot Rohr

1)With the the SuperEagles to play Benin Republic and Lesotho in an AFCON 2021 Qualifier in a tight schedule, Rohr, rather than go through the official administrative channel which is the the NFF, called CAF to change the match time.

2. GernotRohr unruly behaviour at the FIFA U20WC earned the the NFF a query. He was roaming round technical areas during the tournament without accreditation & when security/protocol officers stopped him, he rained abuses on them. It got to the organizers & then a query.

3. It's on record that Gernot Rohr was in talks with D.R Congo Football Federation boss, Omari, on taking over as coach of the team. Same Rohr made contacts with FECAFOOT to coach the Indomitable Lions. All facts well known.

4. Gernot Rohr loves our money in Nigeria but cannot live here to check for good local players. Rohr has killed the local league players psychologically.

I particularly doubt that No 2 "offence"

Trash

NFF doing Naija political pr, bunch of fools

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7559) (7560) (7561) (7562) (7563) (7564) (7565) ... (16336) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Pidginwhisper, Franktom247(m), villagereporter(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.