Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,262 members, 7,846,225 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (764) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11838090 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (761) (762) (763) (764) (765) (766) (767) ... (16237) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:07am On Apr 05, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
England Move To Stem The Loss Of Youth Internationals After Recent Capture By Nigeria

The Football Association of England has initiated moves to stop the rise in the loss of youth international, who are eligible for other nations.

Owngoalnigeria.com England based writer Michael James had a chat with a member of the FA, who voiced out the FA unhappiness over the recent loss of around five talented players groomed in their youth set up to other nations.

The issue of losing Wilfred Zaha of Crystal Palace was still dominating discussions in the FA office, when news arrived that around four players educated by the youth set up in England are close to pledging allegiance to Nigeria.

The trio of Ola Aina, Chuba Akpom and Ebere Eze trained with the Super Eagles of Nigeria in London last week, and even took part in a training match among the players organised following the cancellation of the proposed friendly game against Burkina Faso.

”We have initiated moves to curb the menace of losing talented teens to other nations. No doubt we can’t stop them from playing for nations they are qualified to represent but we can control the numbers, because it’s on the rise”, he told Owngoalnigeria.com

”I’m sorry I can’t reveal the steps we have taken, and other plans we have but for now we are deeply concern about the trend, and we know a lot of our nationals are worried as well. It’s a trend we will nip in the bud”.

* Michael James

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/04/04/england-move-to-stem-the-loss-of-youth-internationals-after-recent-capture-by-nigeria/

Cc Sir Goldfish80, Sir Komekn

Sir Goldfish... you recall our little discussion on the "England someday coming up with measures to halt this dual nationality and country switch palava".

Sir Komekn.... you recall this issue too and in fact you have a strong emotional voice on the issue.

Now I ask... what could England (The FA) be possibly up to as regards halting or controlling this situation? sad

Anyway.... Time will tell....

In all honesty there is not a lot they can do without it becoming tantamount to discrimination and unlawful restriction to trade.

There will be moves to cap players at senior level with the sole purpose of preventing them from changing allegiance. You will find players having one cap and then none after that somewhat cynical but easily done.

Players will have to see through the deception and decide where they want to belong.

Indeed the English FA is worried that like France they may loose players to Africa and Nigeria in particular, kudos to Amaju. The profile of the Eagles is on the up and creating connectivity and a sense of belonging for Nigerian origin players will go a long way in enabling the bulk of our talents to wear the green and white.

A note of caution BREXIT creates a whole new area of concern what is limiting the English FA is the restriction of EU Law, when and if we leave the EU there could be some changes in the negative.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:12am On Apr 05, 2017
Icon4s:

Nice piece bro.

However, i dnt agree with ur last statement.

We have 3 established and experienced CB in Balogun, Troost-Ekong and Omeruo. Remember Awaziem is also part of the mix.

Where there is still uncertainty is the RB.

Omeruo has played that RB twice but we know he is not the ideal kind of player for that position. Ola Aina. He trained with the team and was even listed in the 'A' team for a practise match. Two things: Knowing Rohr's philosophy can he trust him well enough to start ur next game? Secondly, June is only 2 months away and August is 4months away would issues surrounding his switch in nationality be sorted out before our next matches?
A wise man does not plan based on what he is yet to have except if he is guaranteed to have it when he needs it.

Alternatively, can Rohr trust Ebuehi or Shehu well enough and throw Omeruo to the bench or CB?

For now Ebuehi is too lightweight in my opnion if he keeps improving maybe. With regards to Aina he already displaced Omeruo.

Its a sad fact that all our CB are far off the mark of being top Quality.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:19am On Apr 05, 2017
komekn:

For now Ebuehi is too lightweight in my opnion if he keeps improving maybe. With regards to Aina he already displaced Omeruo.

What is the status of Aina's nationality switch?

Plus I know Rohr is technical enough to know that the choice of Aina replacing Omeruo at RB cant be solely made from a training pitch.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:30am On Apr 05, 2017
tbaba1234:
Right Backs:

Ehizibue
Ebuehi
Aina
Musa Muhammad
Omeruo
Shehu Abdullah

My verdict:

I think we have probably seen the last of Musa Muhammad as a right back in the national team especially with Ebuehi and Aina. Musa Muhammad's case is made worse by the fact that he is not even playing as a right back in his Bosnian club. He came on as a late sub and played left winger again in the last game. Musa needs a good club move to help him bounce back.

I watched Ebuehi this weekend and he was class. What he does not have in physicality, he makes up in pace and technique. Aina is most likely going to take the right back role and Omeruo will be more focused on the CB position. We have certainly missed natural right backs in recent years. awesome.

Shehu Abdullahi can also do a very good job at Right back and at DM.. He even played CB at his club recently. His flexibility makes him an asset.

Ehizibue's capture is cool as well but it is hard to see how much of a role he will play. He might however be considered more physical than Ebuehi.

Ebuehi and Aina can also deputize for Elderson.

Our weakest position at the moment is CB.

Add Moses Odubajo and Nura Abdulahi.

Moses Odubajo, Kingsley Ehizibue and Nura Abdulahi are world class.

Ebuehi and Aina should settle for the left back for now. Pending when Jordan Torunarigha and Felix Uduokhai will change their minds to play for Nigeria.

Manuel Akanji, Aweriem and the aforementioned can also play as CB. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:34am On Apr 05, 2017
safarigirl:
lol, i thought we agreed to stop abusing that word here? Who rated them world class?

Me. cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:03am On Apr 05, 2017
Humility017:

let's watch how the 3 lions gonna absolve all the Africa blood in the English academy.... they're funny..if they're claiming to have spent much in the development of this kids how about the resources and funds they milked from us during the colonial era and even from the mass money laundering of our leaders....
abeg may they go relax...I just want us to snap Tammy Abraham prior the world cup they can keep the rest and let's see how they get to play them...

Unlike France and its Clairefontaine, England's FA does not have a dedicated elite football academy from which the claim can be made that they invested in them, (African players) with national quasi public funds etc.

Football clubs invest in thousands of players each year through the academy system which every club has with the intention of selling players for profit and or playing them in their own teams. At the end of the day they are all private businesses using private and individual funds not government funds. So we owe them NOTHING , think about the millions (not naira) they make on our boys so NOBODY should feel sorry for them.

Consider Ndidi lifted for peanuts from Nigeria within 2 years later sold for £15 million, so who is fooling who.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:23am On Apr 05, 2017
Humility017:

Lol...u funny bro
nor mind the guy....
that's why I pity some of this English born as long as you have no English blood in your veins like dele and barkeley and you're not exceptional your chances are slim...

Don't mind the guy. He thinks Nigeria is a dumping site for expired legs. grin

I don't know if what you said is true about having English blood in your veins but I tell you that Dele and Barkeley are there on merit.

Those boys are really good.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:25am On Apr 05, 2017
PietroRico:
18 years old??

My goodness

grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:31am On Apr 05, 2017
Danycrusoe:

well it seems like the LMC have been compromised, talking about the highlights on YouTube, the LMC has monetized the highlights, as a follower u have to subscribe in order to get links of the highlights posted to u. I subscribed for it and what they do is send u a link to a game's highlight but at the end of the day you can't get to download the video u can only stream it. I find it has a way of getting revenue by the LMC.

The officiating has become bad once again to the level that the NNL has recorded more away wins in the space of five match days compared to the NPFL, when I saw the controversial female referee that was banned for her poor officiating in the opening game of the season between fc ifeanyi ubah and Kano pillars recalled for the match between MFM and remo stars despite being banned then I knew that politics was in play.

I think FC ifeanyi ubah is getting undue favor just because of its owner, they have been awarded the most penalties in this season alongside MFM too. All this things will only make the quality of our club sides poor especially on the continent. it seems we still have a long way to go when it comes to football administration.

I v watched some few games in the NPFL and NNL this season. I was at the Sagamu stadium to see Remo stars and Elkanemi warriors, the officiating was decent in that game but the away team played as if there was nothing at stake, no fight no pressure, they didn't have up to two shots on goal. they were that poor on that day, but recently Rivers united had a goal disallowed in a match against Gombe united in Gombe, the reason for that disallowed goal is still unknown not a foul not an offside just a wish of the ref to disallow the goal, so I think the poor away win ratio is due to the bias of the referee, this makes the players feel the trouble of trying to win away is not worth it because the ref may not be unbiased , fatigue of travelling immediately after a game and playing the next day is also part.

The NNL this season looks well organised, the referees have been decent no controversies yet, I was at the MKO stadium in abeokuta and I saw delta force defeat Ikorodu united 1-0, Ikorodu were the home side and the referee was in control of the game throughout even the teams in the NNL have been commending the referees. This perceived trust in the officials bring up a better performance and fight from the away team cuz they believe that they won't be cheated.

I think there is a level of over reaction, yes we do have some bad apples but what league doesn't? Man u were just denied a clean goal because of bad officiating. I think if the public can understand that these refs are human and do make mistakes the quicker we move on.
The LMC should not take the blame because they don't have the power over referees, that power belongs to their union. The LMC tried to ban that female ref u talked about but were stopped by the union, the rules actually says what she did was not wrong very annoying but within the rules.
Ifeanyi Ubah has been getting unfair press with the penalty issue, I watch Naija made every week on supersports and all the penalties i have seen awarded to IUFC were right calls with maybe one or two that depend on the kind of ref involved.
The only thing I need to see improve is discipline. Players and fans need to chill at these NPFL matches. I don't see fans in Spain running on the field to slap referees or players chasing the ref around the field. I saw a ref award a pk and as he was showing a yellow the player slapped it out of his hands.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:51am On Apr 05, 2017
Icon4s:

Nice piece bro.

However, i dnt agree with ur last statement.

We have 3 established and experienced CB in Balogun, Troost-Ekong and Omeruo. Remember Awaziem is also part of the mix.

Where there is still uncertainty is the RB.

Omeruo has played that RB twice but we know he is not the ideal kind of player for that position. Ola Aina. He trained with the team and was even listed in the 'A' team for a practise match. Two things: Knowing Rohr's philosophy can he trust him well enough to start ur next game? Secondly, June is only 2 months away and August is 4months away would issues surrounding his switch in nationality be sorted out before our next matches?
A wise man does not plan based on what he is yet to have except if he is guaranteed to have it when he needs it.

Alternatively, can Rohr trust Ebuehi or Shehu well enough and throw Omeruo to the bench or CB?

I think Rohr might risk Aina but not Ebuehi or Shehu. For Ebuehi, his first game will most likely be a friendly or a game that we have wrapped up.

Awaziem just like Ebuehi represents the future of the team, so I do not think he will be played unless we absolutely need him. Balogun just started playing again this weekend. Ekong has not playing as often too. Balogun is always close to the next injury, we need at least one more solid mature defender to call upon.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:53am On Apr 05, 2017
forgiveness:

Don't mind the guy. He thinks Nigeria is a dumping site for expired legs. grin

I don't know if what you said is true about having English blood in your veins but I tell you that Dele and Barkeley are there on merit.

Those boys are really good.

They are exceptional talents , to go from League 1 into Premiership and into the England team all in one season is far from easy, add to that being abandoned by your Nigerian Father in the case of Dele and going in too care because your Alcaholic mother is incapable is far from easy.

Barkley Father is an alcoholic lost mixed race Nigerian who may have never been to Nigeria in his life, a legacy of the Nigerian sailors that came to Liverpool in the 50's. 60's , 70's and 80's before NNSL collapsed. He also didn't have it easy , however, he looks more white than black so racism may not have come into it for him. What I am saying is to strengthen your point, despite all the odds against them their exceptional talent has brought them to the top.

What you do not know are the boys who were better than some of these player we see and watch on tv in the EPL. That unfortunately you will never hear of, but were side stepped to make way for the favoured ones this is very common in English football academies protecting the investment or the interests of other stakeholders.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 12:01pm On Apr 05, 2017
komekn:

I think our CBs lack big tournament experience/exposure,not that they are lacking so much in quality.

Not qualifying for 2 straight Afcons have been a huge minus to our CBs. Most times, players experience an epiphany after playing in big tournaments.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 12:14pm On Apr 05, 2017
tbaba1234:

I think Rohr might risk Aina but not Ebuehi or Shehu. For Ebuehi, his first game will most likely be a friendly or a game that we have wrapped up.

Awaziem just like Ebuehi represents the future of the team, so I do not think he will be played unless we absolutely need him. Balogun just started playing again this weekend. Ekong has not playing as often too. Balogun is always close to the next injury, we need at least one more solid mature defender to call upon.

What is the status of the nationality switch for Aina?

Do u think he will available to us in June against SA?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 12:18pm On Apr 05, 2017
goldfish80:

I think our CBs lack big tournament experience/exposure,not that they are lacking so much in quality.

Not qualifying for 2 straight Afcons have been a huge minus to our CBs. Most times, players experience an epiphany after playing in big tournaments.

Just single out Balogun on the lack of tournament experience. Echiejile and Omeruo have been to AFCON and WC. Ekong played in the last Olympics.

Honestly, I dnt have issues with our CB. What is needed is for Rohr to play them more together for them to achieve cohesion.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 12:21pm On Apr 05, 2017
Icon4s:

Just single out Balogun on the lack of tournament experience. Echiejile and Omeruo have been to AFCON and WC. Ekong played in the last Olympics.

Honestly, I dnt have issues with our CB. What is needed is for Rohr to play them more together for them to achieve cohesion.
. I'm talking about our CBs not defence as a whole.

You know how I rate the Olympics. Let's not go there
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:27pm On Apr 05, 2017
Yes I realized that lol

Icon4s:

We are saying the same thing then.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 12:28pm On Apr 05, 2017
Icon4s:

What is the status of the nationality switch for Aina?

Do u think he will available to us in June against SA?

It does not take long. It should be rapped up before the game.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 12:36pm On Apr 05, 2017
goldfish80:
. I'm talking about our CBs not defence as a whole.

You know how I rate the Olympics. Let's not go there

I say again, that is no problem. Balogun and Troost are matured and experienced enough to suit into any tourney be it AFCON or WC. Omeruo i am sure u know his level of exposure.

Where are those Nigerian CBS outside this team that have those tournament experience?

I understand ur worry but that is what we have for now. After all the 1994 WC defense did nt have any WC experience.

Remember we are not Brazil, Germany, France or Spain.

What that defense needs now is cohesion. If there is any CB that u feel is better than what we have now bring forward his name.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 12:38pm On Apr 05, 2017
tbaba1234:

It does not take long. It should be rapped up before the game.

Ok but u'll nt see Aina in my starting line up till then.

I am a realist.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 12:47pm On Apr 05, 2017
Icon4s:

I say again, that is no problem. Balogun and Troost are matured and experienced enough to suit into any tourney be it AFCON or WC. Omeruo i am sure u know his level of exposure.

Where are those Nigerian CBS outside this team that have those tournament experience?

I understand ur worry but that is what we have for now. After all the 1994 WC defense did nt have any WC experience.

Remember we are not Brazil, Germany, France or Spain.

What that defense needs now is cohesion. If there is any CB that u feel is better than what we have now bring forward his name.

Of course, I believe Troost and Balogun can hold their own. Am rather worried that they haven't played together in a big tournament,that sort of exposure counts when push comes to shove.

Even the 94 CB partnership of Okechukwu and Co had played a couple of Afcons before the world cup, though they still came up short against Italy.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 12:53pm On Apr 05, 2017
goldfish80:

Of course, I believe Troost and Balogun can hold their own. Am rather worried that they haven't played together in a big tournament,that sort of exposure counts when push comes to shove.

Even the 94 CB partnership of Okechukwu and Co had played a couple of Afcons before the world cup, though they still came up short against Italy.

That why i have always maintained that Omeruo's presence in that defense is key.

Or do we call back Yobo, Obaobona and Ambrose? Since na CBs with tournament experience u dey find.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:02pm On Apr 05, 2017
goldfish80:

...but our CBs at AFCON 2013 did not have big tournament experience and we won the trophy with them, was it not Omeruo and Oboabona that executed 90% of the tournament?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 1:08pm On Apr 05, 2017
safarigirl:
...but our CBs at AFCON 2013 did not have big tournament experience and we won the trophy with them, was it not Omeruo and Oboabona that executed 90% of the tournament?
We are playing at the mundial next year (hopefully) not Afcon. World Cup is all about experience
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 1:10pm On Apr 05, 2017
Icon4s:

That why i have always maintained that Omeruo's presence in that defense is key.

Or do we call back Yobo, Obaobona and Ambrose? Since na CBs with tournament experience u dey find.

I think that's the reason Rohr have been calling for Enyeama. He would have brought a fine balance to the CBs.
Omeruo is a key man in the defence. It will take an unrealistic fellow to write him off.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:22pm On Apr 05, 2017
Hopefully Conte gives him a chance next season. We need him to further develop.

goldfish80:

I think that's the reason Rohr have been calling for Enyeama. He would have brought a fine balance to the CBs.
Omeruo is a key man in the defence. It will take an unrealistic fellow to write him off.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:26pm On Apr 05, 2017
#SuperEagles Radar: Ndidi Score Cracker. Simon, Onyekuru Fire Brace. Etebo Too. Agbo and Ekong See Red
Add Comment14 hours agoby Bryan Efe100 Views
Wilfred NdidiDailyMail
Ndidi celebrate after scoring 22-meter stunner against Stoke City
Share:
FacebookTwitterGoogle

SPOTKIK TEAM OF THE WEEK (APR ’17 WEEK 1)

AUSTRIA (ROUND 27)

Austria Vienna 0-2 Admira
Austria Vienna continued their recent poor form by losing at home to Admira. They had suffered a humiliating loss away to leaders Salzburg penultimate weekend. Olarenwaju Kayode, fresh from international duty failed to put the homers in the score-sheet.

BELGIUM
(Championship Group ROUND 1)

The Championship Group is a mini league format reserved for the top six placed teams, after 30 round of matches in the Jupiler League. The six clubs engage themselves home and away once again, continuing from HALF of the accumulated points (rounded to the nearest integer) they garnered from the regular season. The eventual winners of this mini league will get the sole automatic spot to represent Belgium in the UEFA Champions League next year. The runner up gets the ticket for the UEFA Champions League qualification round. This year, three of the top six clubs that made the the Belgian championship group are represented by at least one Nigerian player. Here is a review of their performances:

http://spotkik.com/2017/04/04/supereagles-radar-ndidi-score-cracker-moses-onyekuru-fire-brace-agbo-and-ekong-see-red/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tglobal(m): 4:08pm On Apr 05, 2017
goldfish80:

@goldfish, Chidi Nwanu didn't have AFCON experience before USA 94 neither did Taribo in 98

Like safarigirl pointed out, our AFCON winning CB pair didn't even have a lot of national team experience before the tournament and we are not even going to win the world cup next year anyway.

Regarding the bolded, 23 or the 24 teams in the tournament came up short. Nigeria had one of the best defenses at the stage we went out of the competition and they kept out the bulgarian attacking force. Our vulnerability was set pieces which was responsible of for 3 of the 4 goals we conceded!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:20pm On Apr 05, 2017
goldfish80:

@ your last paragraph, some here don't share that view. "Aina has come, we prefer the 'oyinbo wall' no place for Omeruo any more ".
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 4:20pm On Apr 05, 2017
Experience will come to bear especially in the later stages of the World Cup. Can the inexperienced stand the occasion and the tension that the play off stage brings in a competition of that magnitude? Until France hosted and won the world cup in 98, it has been the usual winners that win it again and again. Reason -- partly experience.

tglobal:

@goldfish, Chidi Nwanu didn't have AFCON experience before USA 94 neither did Taribo in 98

Like safarigirl pointed out, our AFCON winning CB pair didn't even have a lot of national team experience before the tournament and we are not even going to win the world cup next year anyway.

Regarding the bolded, 23 or the 24 teams in the tournament came up short. Nigeria had one of the best defenses at the stage we went out of the competition and they kept out the bulgarian attacking force. Our vulnerability was set pieces which was responsible of for 3 of the 4 goals we conceded!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:23pm On Apr 05, 2017
safarigirl:

God bless you my sister. That was also Ambrose's And Onazi's first AFCON.

When a player attains a certain level of experience he finds it easier to cope at the big stage.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 4:24pm On Apr 05, 2017
big stage get grade oh
Icon4s:

God bless you my sister. That was also Ambrose's And Onazi's first AFCON.

When a player attains a certain level of experience he finds it easier to cope at the big stage.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:27pm On Apr 05, 2017
Joebie:
Experience will come to bear especially in the later stages of the World Cup. Can the inexperienced stand the occasion and the tension that the play off stage brings in a competition of that magnitude? Until France hosted and won the world cup in 98, it has been the usual winners that win it again and again. Reason -- partly experience.

Yeah, experience at that stage will help the team.

But you cannot tell me matured players like Balogun and Ekong cannot cope with the demands of the WC by next yr. If so then why are wasting time building the defense around them? We should flush them out of the team then.

(1) (2) (3) ... (761) (762) (763) (764) (765) (766) (767) ... (16237) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Isahalbash(m), elyte89 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.