Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,912 members, 7,828,192 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (761) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11744782 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (758) (759) (760) (761) (762) (763) (764) ... (16178) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:13am On Apr 04, 2017
Looolll.... "standing in the gap" ..... lol

I thought I made myself clear by saying "not that I agree with Sir Chris......" wink

Anyway.... someone has answered your question shaa.... I guess the silence is broken now.

Me..... I don waka from this matter ooo.... meanwhile... seriously... say me hi to Moussa Dembele.... cheesy

I am really expecting great things from the lad.... wink

Bonjour Monsieur Komekn.... smiley

komekn:

I qualified my assertion which is not sentimental name calling but objective assessment, by asking to tell us any current Nigerian player who have reached the heights these two have

However, there has been silence.

But now that you have decided to stand in the gap you can tell us in comparison.

Using the standard set by the original post which I quoted. In case you don't respond.

Lassana signed by Monaco for $14 million in 2014 and currently on another loan. Has played 56 competitive league games across Europe and scored 17 goals.

Isaac Success made his first senior league appearance in 2014. Has played 72 league games as a forward player and scored 8 goals.

It seems I may have to backtrack the original post does not clearly describe Wilfred Bony as mediocre but only Lassana. In that case I withdraw my call to apologise as my focus was on Bony.

Nonetheless using the comparison set by ChrisKels which you have implied agreement with.

I actually think that Lassana is far from outstanding but not exactly mediocre and therefore still disagree.

But using the ChrisKels unit of measurement and comparing the statistics of Lassana and Isaac. So if you think Lassana is a mediocre waste man. What does that make Isaac Success in comparison

I Rest My Case

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:22am On Apr 04, 2017
Ndidi Rep Rules Out Move To Southampton, Confirms Unofficial Approach From Arsenal

With the summer transfer window approaching, the representative of Leicester City midfielder Wilfred Ndidi has revealed that his client will be staying put at the Premier League champs amid speculation linking him with a move to Arsenal, Manchester United and Southampton.

Prior to his transfer to the King Power Stadium, Manchester United made an official approach for the services of the Nigeria international but the Red Devils higher-ups were too slow in sanctioning a move after manager Mourinho recommended that he should be acquired.

If performance related extras are included in the mix, Ndidi’s transfer fee could rise to £18, and Southampton will have to break their transfer record to sign the Super Eagle if Leicester City decide to sell him at a premium in the summer.

“There are many unofficial approaches but he is never going to leave because of the way Leicester players and coaches welcomed and treated him. Besides it is normal, ” Ndidi’s rep told allnigeriasoccer.com .

“Southampton never pay big money for players. Ndidi was one of the most expensive Leicester signings and that might increase due to league points and championships. ”

The 20-year-old Ndidi is poised to make his 52nd appearance of the season for club(s) and country on Tuesday night when Leicester City host Sunderland in the Premier League.

**Ifeanyi Emmanuel
Photo Credit : lcfc.com

Source: http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=22603

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:33am On Apr 04, 2017
England Move To Stem The Loss Of Youth Internationals After Recent Capture By Nigeria

The Football Association of England has initiated moves to stop the rise in the loss of youth international, who are eligible for other nations.

Owngoalnigeria.com England based writer Michael James had a chat with a member of the FA, who voiced out the FA unhappiness over the recent loss of around five talented players groomed in their youth set up to other nations.

The issue of losing Wilfred Zaha of Crystal Palace was still dominating discussions in the FA office, when news arrived that around four players educated by the youth set up in England are close to pledging allegiance to Nigeria.

The trio of Ola Aina, Chuba Akpom and Ebere Eze trained with the Super Eagles of Nigeria in London last week, and even took part in a training match among the players organised following the cancellation of the proposed friendly game against Burkina Faso.

”We have initiated moves to curb the menace of losing talented teens to other nations. No doubt we can’t stop them from playing for nations they are qualified to represent but we can control the numbers, because it’s on the rise”, he told Owngoalnigeria.com

”I’m sorry I can’t reveal the steps we have taken, and other plans we have but for now we are deeply concern about the trend, and we know a lot of our nationals are worried as well. It’s a trend we will nip in the bud”.

* Michael James

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/04/04/england-move-to-stem-the-loss-of-youth-internationals-after-recent-capture-by-nigeria/

Cc Sir Goldfish80, Sir Komekn

Sir Goldfish... you recall our little discussion on the "England someday coming up with measures to halt this dual nationality and country switch palava".

Sir Komekn.... you recall this issue too and in fact you have a strong emotional voice on the issue.

Now I ask... what could England (The FA) be possibly up to as regards halting or controlling this situation? sad

Anyway.... Time will tell....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 12:21pm On Apr 04, 2017
In terms of returns, Onyekuru has performed similar to Moses' first season. The only difference is that Eupen is not chasing the title. (Onyekuru was average in his first season in Belgium)

In terms of consistent performances this year, Onyekuru is heads and shoulders above Moses. There is no doubt about this.

Who is the better player? We will have to see the long term consistency of Onyekuru. Moses is an important player for Gent but he is not consistent. If Onyekuru shows better consistency over the next few years then we can all agree who is better.

For now and based on current form, Onyekuru is playing better consistently.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:27pm On Apr 04, 2017
komekn:

You call Wilfred Bony a mediocre player not even Lassana deserves that description. You should apologise you have made a big gaff.

How many Nigerian players currently can boast of achieving the heights these two have attained. Please tell me

Bony never lived up to the promises he showed, hence he is ah flash-in-d-pan kinda player. He flattered to decieve. By virtue of whatever, he found himself playing at the top but he lacked what it takes to maintain such status, and it has been downward spiral ever since. If hogwash or mediocrity ain't the right word to describe such a player, I wonder what is.

Though in my first message, lacina was the guy I labeled a mediocre but, what exceptional quality does Bony have?

Lacina traore? The least said, the better.

Lest I forget, those statements are unapologetically made sir.

Success is a waste pipe remember...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:33pm On Apr 04, 2017
I get your angle... and it is very okay. But for right now, right this moment from all parameters put together.... I think Moses Simon edges Henry.... just for now.

tbaba1234:
In terms of returns, Onyekuru has performed similar to Moses' first season. The only difference is that Eupen is not chasing the title. (Onyekuru was average in his first season in Belgium)

In terms of consistent performances this year, Onyekuru is heads and shoulders above Moses. There is no doubt about this.

Who is the better player? We will have to see the long term consistency of Onyekuru. Moses is an important player for Gent but he is not consistent. If Onyekuru shows better consistency over the next few years then we can all agree who is better.

For now and based on current form, Onyekuru is playing better consistently.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:48pm On Apr 04, 2017
Hey! Just passing by ooo.... uhmmm... if I recall correctly.... sebi, Kelechi displaced Bony at Man City right, under very fair conditions and scenarios under Pellegrini right? Bony was still the record African most expensive player at the time before Mane signed for Liverpool....

Both Bony and Iheanacho were given fair chances and Iheanacho displaced Africa's most expensive player at the time.... wow!!!! (not this nonsense Pep is doing with Nacho.... he isnt playing fair at all coz Nacho still comes in and scores even when Pep gives him just 5 mins of game time.... mtchewww).

Well... I no talk anything oooo... I just dey think.... Nacho actually became City's second striker on merit and after taking his chances thus relegating Bony to third Striker.... Africa's most expensive player at the time to third striker... done by a non-entity Youngster!!...... hmmmmm....

Anyway, a one time Africa most expensive player no be beans shaaa.....

Well, It was just a thought..... grin

**returns to the lab**

ChrisKels:

Bony never lived up to the promises he showed, hence he is ah flash-in-d-pan kinda player. He flattered to decieve. By virtue of whatever, he found himself playing at the top but he lacked what it takes to maintain such status, and it has been downward spiral ever since. If hogwash or mediocrity ain't the right word to describe such a player, I wonder what is.

Though in my first message, lacina was the guy I labeled a mediocre but, what exceptional quality does Bony have?

Lacina traore? The least said, the better.

Lest I forget, those statements are unapologetically made sir.

Success is a waste pipe remember...

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 12:50pm On Apr 04, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
I get your angle... and it is very okay. But for right now, right this moment from all parameters put together.... I think Moses Simon edges Henry.... just for now.

We have seen a dramatic fall in Simon Moses' performances from his first season. What exactly makes him a better player? More experience? He takes set-pieces?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 1:00pm On Apr 04, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
England Move To Stem The Loss Of Youth Internationals After Recent Capture By Nigeria

The Football Association of England has initiated moves to stop the rise in the loss of youth international, who are eligible for other nations.

Owngoalnigeria.com England based writer Michael James had a chat with a member of the FA, who voiced out the FA unhappiness over the recent loss of around five talented players groomed in their youth set up to other nations.

The issue of losing Wilfred Zaha of Crystal Palace was still dominating discussions in the FA office, when news arrived that around four players educated by the youth set up in England are close to pledging allegiance to Nigeria.

The trio of Ola Aina, Chuba Akpom and Ebere Eze trained with the Super Eagles of Nigeria in London last week, and even took part in a training match among the players organised following the cancellation of the proposed friendly game against Burkina Faso.

”We have initiated moves to curb the menace of losing talented teens to other nations. No doubt we can’t stop them from playing for nations they are qualified to represent but we can control the numbers, because it’s on the rise”, he told Owngoalnigeria.com

”I’m sorry I can’t reveal the steps we have taken, and other plans we have but for now we are deeply concern about the trend, and we know a lot of our nationals are worried as well. It’s a trend we will nip in the bud”.

* Michael James

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/04/04/england-move-to-stem-the-loss-of-youth-internationals-after-recent-capture-by-nigeria/

Cc Sir Goldfish80, Sir Komekn

Sir Goldfish... you recall our little discussion on the "England someday coming up with measures to halt this dual nationality and country switch palava".

Sir Komekn.... you recall this issue too and in fact you have a strong emotional voice on the issue.

Now I ask... what could England (The FA) be possibly up to as regards halting or controlling this situation? sad

Anyway.... Time will tell....
Of course this move is expected. They believe they should have the first refusal of any player who they have invested in their career. Put yourself in their shoes,you will do the same.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:07pm On Apr 04, 2017
Well, both are very talented. But when it comes to experience.... yes Simon edges Henry big time.

Henry has the consistency this season and the goals and assists to back it up too... while Simon has been off and on but we cannot deny Simon's class.

And the way you say set-pieces sef.... looolll... you don't rate set-pieces?... when was the last time a Nigerian player scored a freekick for club or country? I am not sure but Simon did score a curling free kick in a WC qualifier in late 2015. Also, you think it is a small thing having set-pieces responsibility resting on your shoulders?

For the moment, I rate Henry for his explosive consistency this season.... but we have also seen Simon in such imperious form for Gent in the year they won the league, in the year they featured in the Champs league and have seen flashes of that this season also in the Europa league and in some games in the league.

True, Simon has been poor in some games this season and even Kalu outshines him sometimes in games this season for Gent... but Simon has done this for about three seasons now I think......

I think on an all-round level, he edges Henry for now....

For the long run, Henry may turn out to be the better player as a wing forward or winger but for now, Simon and him are not exactly mates.... but both are very super talented.

tbaba1234:

We have seen a dramatic fall in Simon Moses' performances from his first season. What exactly makes him a better player? More experience? He takes set-pieces?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:22pm On Apr 04, 2017
Yeah.... but I won't be hypocritical about it..... England make it sound like they even need the youngsters when all they really wanna do is prevent other teams from getting better and even stronger with extra quality talents.... talents that England won't give heed to in a million years even.

But when they (the players) start shining for their chosen national teams, England start whining as if they had plans for them.

goldfish80:

Of course this move is expected. They believe they should have the first refusal of any player who they have invested in their career. Put yourself in their shoes,you will do the same.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 1:29pm On Apr 04, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Well, both are very talented. But when it comes to experience.... yes Simon edges Henry big time.

Henry has the consistency this season and the goals and assists to back it up too... while Simon has been off and on but we cannot deny Simon's class.

And the way you say set-pieces sef.... looolll... you don't rate set-pieces?... when was the last time a Nigerian player scored a freekick for club or country? I am not sure but Simon did score a curling free kick in a WC qualifier in late 2015. Also, you think it is a small thing having set-pieces responsibility resting on your shoulders?

For the moment, I rate Henry for his explosive consistency this season.... but we have also seen Simon in such imperious form for Gent in the year they won the league, in the year they featured in the Champs league and have seen flashes of that this season also in the Europa league and in some games in the league.

True, Simon has been poor in some games this season and even Kalu outshines him sometimes in games this season for Gent... but Simon has done this for about three seasons now I think......

I think on an all-round level, he edges Henry for now....

For the long run, Henry may turn out to be the better player as a wing forward or winger but for now, Simon and him are not exactly mates.... but both are very super talented.

I think, it is too early to make a determination. Simon Moses stats show a depreciation in form in the last few seasons. I do not know how that makes a rounded player. His stats are not impressive at all.

How many matches of Onyekuru, have you watched? Onyekuru is showing an upward trajectory but Simon appears to have stalled. Onyekuru is showing a more diverse set of skills and has better composure in front of goal.

The real test is whether Onyekuru can continue improving.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:31pm On Apr 04, 2017
Liverpool Loanee Awoniyi Loses Spot To Little Known Nigerian Forward Arnaut At NEC Nijmegen

Liverpool loanee Taiwo Awoniyi has lost his starting spot at Dutch side NEC Nijmegen to little known Nigerian forward Arnaut Groenveld Danjuma.

Awoniyi is on a season long loan from English Premier League side Liverpool to NEC Nijmegen, but he has failed to get games for the team which was primarily the reason why he was loaned out by Liverpool.

Arnaut has been preferred by coach Peter Hyballa ahead of Awoniyi in the attack of the team in their last three league games.

Blessed with searing pace and amazing dribbling abilities, Arnaut was born in Lagos to a Dutch father and a Nigerian mother, and he is widely regarded as one of the top emerging talents in the Dutch Eredivisie.

His international future will no doubt caused a stir between Nigeria and the Netherlands, if he continue to progress at the speed with which he is moving at the moment.

* Daniel Martins

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/04/04/liverpool-loanee-awoniyi-loses-spot-to-little-known-nigerian-forward-arnaut-at-nec-nijmegen/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 1:37pm On Apr 04, 2017
TheSuperNerd:

Yeah.... but I won't be hypocritical about it..... England make it sound like they even need the youngsters when all they really wanna do is prevent other teams from getting better and even stronger with extra quality talents.... talents that England won't give heed to in a million years even.

But when they (the players) start shining for their chosen national teams, England start whining as if they had plans for them.

The truth is that they spent a lot of resources developing these players through their cadet teams from the U15's through U23 in most cases. They rightly believe they have patent over these athletes.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:39pm On Apr 04, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Liverpool Loanee Awoniyi Loses Spot To Little Known Nigerian Forward Arnaut At NEC Nijmegen

Liverpool loanee Taiwo Awoniyi has lost his starting spot at Dutch side NEC Nijmegen to little known Nigerian forward Arnaut Groenveld Danjuma.

Awoniyi is on a season long loan from English Premier League side Liverpool to NEC Nijmegen, but he has failed to get games for the team which was primarily the reason why he was loaned out by Liverpool.

Arnaut has been preferred by coach Peter Hyballa ahead of Awoniyi in the attack of the team in their last three league games.

Blessed with searing pace and amazing dribbling abilities, Arnaut was born in Lagos to a Dutch father and a Nigerian mother, and he is widely regarded as one of the top emerging talents in the Dutch Eredivisie.

His international future will no doubt caused a stir between Nigeria and the Netherlands, if he continue to progress at the speed with which he is moving at the moment.

* Daniel Martins

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/04/04/liverpool-loanee-awoniyi-loses-spot-to-little-known-nigerian-forward-arnaut-at-nec-nijmegen/

Abeg this writer should just tell us he has found a new Nigerian player we don't need salt and pepper. Like since when did Awoniyi even smell starting 11 for him to have lost his spot?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:45pm On Apr 04, 2017
I have watched a couple of Onyekuru's games.... not much though because of time schedule but I have seen enough to drop words about him.

I remember giving Simon the stick for not being so spectacular this season and even in our friendly against Senegal but that is because I know what Simon got in his tank.... I have watched both players and to be frank, you cant tell me that overtime, Henry just dusts Simon just like that.... come on....

Henry is on the upward spiral.... and I hope his next move will bring him bigger coverage and greater exposure and fast track his Super Eagles debut (He should earn a cap even now).

Henry and Samuel Kalu are the two I really have bigger hopes for, for those currently based in Belgium (added to Troost Ekong) but still I cannot leave out Simon just because of a bad season full of few flashes of brilliance and whole loads of trash performances.... Simon is still young... And Young players do go through this phase remember?

Based on Simon's 2014-2015/2016 form.... we all would hail him as one of the next big things for Nigerian football....

I think it is too early to write Simon off and place Henry "far ahead" just because of one good season... Simon has had his moments too for a player so young and now Henry is having his.

The long run will determine the true ratings of both players but for now, Simon and Henry........ Simon has more exploits under his belt.... just for now... but Henry's rise will change the tides if Simon fails to pick up from his last great form.

tbaba1234:

I think, it is too early to make a determination. Simon Moses stats show a depreciation in form in the last few seasons. I do not know how that makes a rounded player. His stats are not impressive at all.

How many matches of Onyekuru, have you watched? Onyekuru is showing an upward trajectory but Simon appears to have stalled. Onyekuru is showing a more diverse set of skills and has better composure in front of goal.

The real test is whether Onyekuru can continue improving.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:48pm On Apr 04, 2017
Looollll..... abi ooo.... but again... they did make mention of this Arnaut in February shaa....

here:

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/02/20/awoniyi-urges-nigeria-to-beat-holland-to-dutch-nigerian-teammate-arnaut-groeneveld/

BascoVanVeli:

Abeg this writer should just tell us he has found a new Nigerian player we don't need salt and pepper. Like since when did Awoniyi even smell starting 11 for him to have lost his spot?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 1:48pm On Apr 04, 2017
TheSuperNerd:

I have watched a couple of Onyekuru's games.... not much though because of time schedule but I have seen enough to drop words about him.

I remember giving Simon the stick for not being so spectacular this season and even in our friendly against Senegal but that is because I know what Simon got in his tank.... I have watched both players and to be frank, you cant tell me that overtime, Henry just dusts Simon just like that.... come on....

Henry is on the upward spiral.... and I hope his next move will bring him bigger coverage and greater exposure and fast track his Super Eagles debut (He should earn a cap even now).

Henry and Samuel Kalu are the two I really have bigger hopes for, for those currently based in Belgium (added to Troost Ekong) but still I cannot leave out Simon just because of a bad season full of few flashes of brilliance and whole loads of trash performances.... Simon is still young... And Young players do go through this phase remember?

Based on Simon's 2014-2015/2016 form.... we all would hail him as one of the next big things for Nigerian football....

I think it is too early to write Simon off and place Henry "far ahead" just because of one good season... Simon has had his moments too for a player so young and now Henry is having his.

The long run will determine the true ratings of both players but for now, Simon and Henry........ Simon has more exploits under his belt.... just for now... but Henry's rise will change the tides if Simon fails to pick up from his last great form.

I have not written anyone off.. I have simply said that I can not in full honesty say Simon Moses is a better player.

I am willing to wait and see how things develop.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:54pm On Apr 04, 2017
Okay Sir.... noted.... smiley

And wait we shall then...... wink

But I do hope for The Super Eagles' sake, both go on to become top class players and not just one of them... coz we need super quality spread throughout the team.

Call me Oliver Twist if you like.... grin

tbaba1234:

I have not written anyone off.. I have simply said that I can not in full honesty say Simon Moses is a better player.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:47pm On Apr 04, 2017
tbaba1234:

U can't compare their first seasons. Gent were nobodies before Moses came around. Lets see what Henry does in a serious club first.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:06pm On Apr 04, 2017
BascoVanVeli:
U can't compare their first seasons. Gent were nobodies before Moses came around. Lets see what Henry does in a serious club first.

Why not? Moses spent half a season in Gent in his first year and was a major factor in their title win.

Onyekuru has taken a newly promoted side and almost singlehandedly saved them from relegation, comfortably.

The level of competition is the same.

Onyekuru has a higher goal rate of 0.5 compared to Simon Moses (in his first season) 0.411
Simon moses had a slightly higher assist ratio of 0.235 to Onyekuru 0.219

Simon Moses form has drastically fallen from his first year.

At this point, Onyekuru is performing better.. Let us see the progress in the coming season.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 4:16pm On Apr 04, 2017
Let's compare Simon to Musa (on his best day).
Think about this.

How about we just focus on current form. Hence, I agree with you

tbaba1234:

Why not? Moses spent half a season in Gent in his first year and was a major factor in their title win.

Onyekuru has taken a newly promoted side and almost singlehandedly saved them from relegation, comfortably.

Onyekuru has a higher goal rate of 0.5 compared to Simon Moses (in his first season) 0.411

At this point, Onyekuru is performing better.. Let us see the progress in the coming season.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:45pm On Apr 04, 2017
” Ezekiel Bassey was signed without any coach of the B team watching him play, he is back in training with the team, much to the surprise of his teammates who have been so unimpressed by his lack of quality”,

Joseph Capdevila

Looks like Ezekiel will not be offered a permanent deal..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:49pm On Apr 04, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Ndidi Rep Rules Out Move To Southampton, Confirms Unofficial Approach From Arsenal

With the summer transfer window approaching, the representative of Leicester City midfielder Wilfred Ndidi has revealed that his client will be staying put at the Premier League champs amid speculation linking him with a move to Arsenal, Manchester United and Southampton.

Prior to his transfer to the King Power Stadium, Manchester United made an official approach for the services of the Nigeria international but the Red Devils higher-ups were too slow in sanctioning a move after manager Mourinho recommended that he should be acquired.

If performance related extras are included in the mix, Ndidi’s transfer fee could rise to £18, and Southampton will have to break their transfer record to sign the Super Eagle if Leicester City decide to sell him at a premium in the summer.

“There are many unofficial approaches but he is never going to leave because of the way Leicester players and coaches welcomed and treated him. Besides it is normal, ” Ndidi’s rep told allnigeriasoccer.com .

“Southampton never pay big money for players. Ndidi was one of the most expensive Leicester signings and that might increase due to league points and championships. ”

The 20-year-old Ndidi is poised to make his 52nd appearance of the season for club(s) and country on Tuesday night when Leicester City host Sunderland in the Premier League.

**Ifeanyi Emmanuel
Photo Credit : lcfc.com

Source: http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=22603

I personally recommend this boy to Arsene Wenger.

We are tired of all those Useless Midfielders that only know how to make reckless tackles and take unnecessary cards.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 4:55pm On Apr 04, 2017
tbaba1234:

Totally agree. Honestly I don't rate Simon as high as most guys here do, he is the kinda player I see on the SE's list and I am like, what? He is a little above average at best, he had a great season back then but that's just that. Gent weren't nobodies before he came though, I think they finished 3rd or 2nd a couple of seasons before he came and he was placed in the first team because their winger then was sold to....can't really remember but he did well and kept the spot. Right now he cannot be compared to Onyekuru, let me leave out Kalu because I still think he plays like Gray of Leicester, great player but too immature and selfish
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:07pm On Apr 04, 2017
Alex Iwobi: Arsenal can still be in the Premier League title race

ARSENAL will make the top four and can even compete in the title race, according to Alex Iwobi.

By Dave Gray / Published 4th April 2017

They are currently 18 points behind leaders Chelsea but the Nigerian thinks that the Gunners can still be in the mix.

He said: “We still believe that we can be in the top four, and that we can be in the title race as much as we can.

“But we’ll take it step by step and see where we end up at the end of the season.”

ARSENAL take on West Ham on Wednesday night, but who will play?

Arsenal have just one league win since the end of January but the 20-year-old has confidence that the club can turn things around and qualify for the Champions League.

He said: “Of course we still have that belief. We believe that we can win every game and that’s the goal.

“So we’ll take it step by step to see where we end up at the end of the season.”

Arsenal drew with Manchester City on Sunday but he thinks the team can build on that as they head into tomorrow’s clash with West Ham.

He said: “It was a very tough match and we were behind twice, so I guess we have to be satisfied with that.

“We were able to get a good result against one of the best teams in the Premier League, so the confidence will slowly come back and we have to continue that on Wednesday.”

Copyright ©2017 Express Newspapers. "Daily Star" is a registered trademark. All rights reserved.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by whizola: 5:12pm On Apr 04, 2017
Mickael2:

Totally agree. Honestly I don't rate Simon as high as most guys here do, he is the kinda player I see on the SE's list and I am like, what? He is a little above average at best, he had a great season back then but that's just that. Gent weren't nobodies before he came though, I think they finished 3rd or 2nd a couple of seasons before he came and he was placed in the first team because their winger then was sold to....can't really remember but he did well and kept the spot. Right now he cannot be compared to Onyekuru, let me leave out Kalu because I still think he plays like Gray of Leicester, great player but too immature and selfish
Kalu and onyekuru can't be rated above simon. This is why, both are talented BT are both immature in there decision especially onyekuru , most times after onyekuru have gotten the ball and ave a decent run he looks lost sometimes and is selfishness isn't helping , kalu in is case need to go to gym he easily falls once push although he got the talent bt he hardly join the defence just like onyekuru, and that is one of simon strong point
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by adrainuche(m): 5:32pm On Apr 04, 2017
lol i follow gent i watch their games every single match due to the fact that they have 4 or 5 nigerians in the team as for simon his last game he scored two goals, the problem with simon is that he needs to refine his game he almost now plays like musa hoping hes faster than the defender and his crossing and decision making is a c plus, as for kalu he is quick a better dribbler than simon and his crossing ability and decision making is way better, i prefer kalu to simon but remember simon is also a better team player than kalu he comes back to defend he has a high/high work rate unlike kalu who has a high/medium work rate.. for onyekuru i feel gent will even snap him up or genk by next season ....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zoboizee: 5:54pm On Apr 04, 2017
If Onyekuru can be more helpful defensively & also give connecting passes once a player is free rather than do it alone & lose the ball. With this, he will be the best. Something like more teamwork less showmanship.

Simon is inconsistent. Needs to improve on his tricks. Defenders in belgium now know how to keep him. That's just it.

Kalu is skilllful but needs to keep calm in decision making especially in the opponents box. Also needs more defensive shift. Because he is poor in that aspect.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:54pm On Apr 04, 2017
whizola:

Kalu and onyekuru can't be rated above simon. This is why, both are talented BT are both immature in there decision especially onyekuru , most times after onyekuru have gotten the ball and ave a decent run he looks lost sometimes and is selfishness isn't helping , kalu in is case need to go to gym he easily falls once push although he got the talent bt he hardly join the defence just like onyekuru, and that is one of simon strong point

All three players have their weaknesses.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 5:56pm On Apr 04, 2017
whizola:

That's why we play two standing fullbacks. Omeruo doesn't join the attack, neither does Echejile, so we want attack-minded wide men, not wide men that can defend predominantly. Just like when Barca used to play Abidal to free up any defensive responisibilities from Pedro or Villa depending on who was out on the right. That's the system we are working with and frankly Simon Moses' offensive output...not great

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 5:59pm On Apr 04, 2017
adrainuche:
lol i follow gent i watch their games every single match due to the fact that they have 4 or 5 nigerians in the team as for simon his last game he scored two goals, the problem with simon is that he needs to refine his game he almost now plays like musa hoping hes faster than the defender and his crossing and decision making is a c plus, as for kalu he is quick a better dribbler than simon and his crossing ability and decision making is way better, i prefer kalu to simon but remember simon is also a better team player than kalu he comes back to defend he has a high/high work rate unlike kalu who has a high/medium work rate.. for onyekuru i feel gent will even snap him up or genk by next season ....

couldn't put it better myself. He is a one-trick pony. In his first season just like Mahrez and Ighalo, nobody knew what he was going to do but after the studied him it became hard for him to cope. However I do not support your opening word, except there was something that tickled your fancy?

(1) (2) (3) ... (758) (759) (760) (761) (762) (763) (764) ... (16178) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.