Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,951 members, 7,817,792 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7677) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11670123 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7674) (7675) (7676) (7677) (7678) (7679) (7680) ... (16151) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:16pm On Nov 16, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
Camp update: Lesotho vs Nigeria

Here’s the @NGSuperEagles, after their AFCON 2021Q pre-match training session at the national stadium in Maseru, Lesotho, on Saturday.

Courtesy: @Osasuo

Where is Aribo?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:25pm On Nov 16, 2019
I believe he is the one "hiding" behind Mikel Agu and Anaemena Ifeanyi (#14). smiley

tbaba1234:

Where is Aribo?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 9:28pm On Nov 16, 2019
Abusule007:
Let's donate some of our used jerseys to our bredas cheesy cheesy

Their jersey is as confused as the guy below grin grin grin
as in....

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:37pm On Nov 16, 2019
ChrisKels:

our 2014 kit says Hi grin

Lol

e no fine abi?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:37pm On Nov 16, 2019
Kbs468:

You are right with your description and my use of the word 'moderately' is not to mean that they are the same

But to mean that each's, suits his individual personality.

All of them are Handsome but still on still, those 2 in reference made the cut.

Check them out Baby! tongue
I mean, I see their appeal for a teenage girl. I used to think Odemwingie was the finest creature to don the green and white jersey, but then, I was thirteen and still thought of pink lips as a criteria for good looks grin

I'm not saying they aren't good-looking in their own rights, but better looking than Awaziem, Ajayi and Dennis? Nah. Even if we were talking lightskin, mixed kids, Ekong ought to get a look in over Odemwingie at least.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:39pm On Nov 16, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
Camp update: Lesotho vs Nigeria

Here’s the @NGSuperEagles, after their AFCON 2021Q pre-match training session at the national stadium in Maseru, Lesotho, on Saturday.

Courtesy: @Osasuo
I miss Balogun. The team should be paler than this cry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:43pm On Nov 16, 2019
Imama will keep his job grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:05pm On Nov 16, 2019
tbaba1234:

He wants to play for Algeria now. I doubt FIFA will change the rules because of him.

He is being forced due to political reasons. I think he could get some joy at CAS
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:06pm On Nov 16, 2019
And today, it is official. Holland are back in the Euros. My words have come true. It was not looking like that back in August 2018, but I knew what was already obvious to me. Congrats the Netherlands.

I remember writing something in that same period back in 2018 on their rise happening simultaneously with Nigeria's Super Eagles rebirth. smiley

Guys and ladies... I have long mastered the art of patience and calculated projections on teams and talents. What I have seen for the Netherlands, I have seen for the Super Eagles. It is only a matter of time provided "Rohr and this momentum" are kept constant.

TheSuperNerd:
With these talents... **Off the top of my head**

Goalie Dept:
Jasper Cillessen (Barca)

Defence Dept:
Virgil Van Dijk (Liverpool)
Stefan De Vrij (Lazio)
Matthijs De Ligt (Ajax)
Nathan Ake (Bournemouth)
Daley Blind (Ajax)
Fosu Mensah (Fulham)

Midfield Dept:
Frenkie De Jong (Ajax)
Georgina Wijnaldum (Liverpool)
Kevin Strootman (Roma)

Attack Dept:
Justin Kluivert (Roma)
Memphis Depay (Lyon)
Quincy Promes (Sevilla and League top Scorer in Russia with Spartak Moscow)
Wout Weghorst (Wolfsburg)
Luuk De Jong (PSV)

Etc... Etc...

...Sir Charles, I think Holland have a good chance of qualifying wink

Especially when you consider that Euro 2020 qualification now have two routes. Via the normal qualification format and then via the Euro nations league.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:42pm On Nov 16, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
And today, it is official. Holland are back in the Euros. My words have come true. It was not looking like that back in August 2018, but I knew what was already obvious to me. Congrats the Netherlands.

I remember writing something in that same period back in 2018 on their rise happening simultaneously with Nigeria's Super Eagles rebirth. smiley

Guys and ladies... I have long mastered the art of patience and calculated projections on teams and talents. What I have seen for the Netherlands, I have seen for the Super Eagles. It is only a matter of time provided "Rohr and this momentum" are kept constant.

My fear is that there are too many interests that can scuttle progress in Nigeria for selfish reasons.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:43pm On Nov 16, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

He is being forced due to political reasons. I think he could get some joy at CAS

It would be tough but let's see how it develops.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:49pm On Nov 16, 2019
Precisely. I do hope those selfish interests don't win out in the end. This team is on a path to something really good. Time will tell.

tbaba1234:

My fear is that there are too many interests that can scuttle progress in Nigeria for selfish reasons.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:57pm On Nov 16, 2019
ChrisKels:
what's ur take on this?
Won't happen
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CaptainStephen(m): 12:59am On Nov 17, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
Awwwwww.... A brave soldier with such a sweet heart. You are a mix of Stern and romantic. Nice.

Dalu my guy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CaptainStephen(m): 12:59am On Nov 17, 2019
mostob:
sir... go and quickly do so. But attach a bodyguard to her whenever she wears it out especially if she is on the fair side ...Lolz
Lol

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:02am On Nov 17, 2019
Which kind prediction be this?.. What did Holland just achieve? Wetin Nigeria go do? Win AFCON? "be back" for AFCON? At least make person understand, so when e happen we go say u talk so. What rise exactly? How can we measure "rise"? You say u don master the art at least make we see am, then we go write article for your head praise u instead of you... wink

TheSuperNerd:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:40am On Nov 17, 2019
I do wonder why my innocent post bites you so much. Anyway, it is best to ignore you as you have evolved into a funny subtle troll these days. smiley Bye Joebie. Not up for your entertainment this time. I'm full. grin

Joebie:
Which kind prediction be this?.. What did Holland just achieve? Wetin Nigeria go do? Win AFCON? "be back" for AFCON? At least make person understand, so when e happen we go say u talk so. What rise exactly? How can we measure "rise"? You say u don master the art at least make we see am, then we go write article for your head praise u instead of you... wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:45am On Nov 17, 2019
oga no be everything be fight. I just want to understand. I will be the first one to praise u when e happen.

TheSuperNerd:
I do wonder why my innocent post bites you so much. Anyway, it is best to ignore you as you have evolved into a funny subtle troll these days. smiley Bye Joebie. Not up for your entertainment this time. I'm full. grin

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by profmathsland(m): 1:52am On Nov 17, 2019
Joebie:

I have been observing this thread quite so well and only comment occasionally but I must say it seems you just don't want to get off Nerdie's back simply because the young man exposed you to be some hard core Tammy Abraham Fanboy who would probably stand with Tammy over the Super Eagles.
I just clicked on that post Nerdie quoted and it dates to as far back as August 2018 and from that timeline, he was having this conversation with Charlesemeka85 who didn't see Holland qualifying for Euro 2020.
So I ask, wetin concern you for nerdie's post? Can't you just let the young man be and post your own? Many of us enjoy that young man here so much okay so if you are jealous, go spray it somewhere else. Thank you.

TheSupernerd, please ignore Joebie. He is obviously a troublemaker which is quite surprising seeing how he normally minds his business.

**Back to ghostmode** smiley

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by abcnn: 1:56am On Nov 17, 2019
profmathsland:

I have been observing this thread quite so well and only comment occasionally but I must say it seems you just don't want to get off Nerdie's back simply because the young man exposed you to be some hard core Tammy Abraham Fanboy who would probably stand with Tammy over the Super Eagles.
I just clicked on that post Nerdie quoted and it dates to as far back as August 2018 and from that timeline, he was having this conversation with Charlesemeka85 who didn't see Holland qualifying for Euro 2020.
So I ask, wetin concern you for nerdie's post? Can't you just let the young man be and post your own? Many of us enjoy that young man here so much okay so if you are jealous, go spray it somewhere else. Thank you.

TheSupernerd, please ignore Joebie. He is obviously a troublemaker which is quite surprising seeing how he normally minds his business.

Shalaye.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:02am On Nov 17, 2019
oga I defended Tammy in the days when the matter hot hot well well.. The aftermath was expected by me at a point.. This is not about Tammy as it may seem by many of you. the koko be say many naija people hate the boy now for obvious reasons..And I would have defended any Naija player that faces such criticisms.. I have defended Iorfa, Nedum Onouha and a host of others in similar predicament on this thread (Although Tammy own big own with he red carpet talk no be small matter.
let's not be catching anyhow feelings for ordinary thread.. I can fight with Nerdie or any moniker, e no mean say tomorrow I go bone am.. it's not that so serious.. I just want make he quantify the "rise" at least make I understand then I go praise am when he happen, because for now he is the self proclaimed "master of the art of patience and calculated projections on teams and talents". lol.. that na BIG title oh.. but e no call for fight.. I just wan understand.. I would so gladly want to monitor the situation going forward.. no hard feelings at all.. no dey defend wetin no be fight. It's not serious. Are u now the police to question who I quote? Na only Nerdie i don quote for hear? You sef why are u quoting me? lol

Modified..
which one be jealousy again now? which kind talk be that? we are not kids here
You will be surprised to know that I often click share on Nerdie's post. He himself knows that.

profmathsland:

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 2:20am On Nov 17, 2019
profmathsland:

What you wrote above is not true, at least not on this particular topic. Your could make your point without going low.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:26am On Nov 17, 2019
dude said Nerdie exposed me that i'm a Tammy fanboy.. look at my signature on here even up till this day, I have not changed it. I have nver minced words when it comes to talking about issues even when it doesn't sound palatable to many Nigerians, and I guess other monikers know me for that.

Modified
But how is this even about Tammy?

Modified 2
My brother, he didn't go low in my opinion. At least that's how I take things.. it's nothing serious.. people who throw jabs a lot are weak people in real life, that's what i've come to learn.

Utonwanne:

What you wrote above is not true, at least not on this particular topic. Your could make your point without going low.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 4:09am On Nov 17, 2019
Joebie:
oga I defended Tammy in the days when the matter hot hot well well.. The aftermath was expected by me at a point.. This is not about Tammy as it may seem by many of you. the koko be say many naija people hate the boy now for obvious reasons..And I would have defended any Naija player that faces such criticisms.. I have defended Iorfa, Nedum Onouha and a host of others in similar predicament on this thread (Although Tammy own big own with he red carpet talk no be small matter.
let's not be catching anyhow feelings for ordinary thread.. I can fight with Nerdie or any moniker, e no mean say tomorrow I go bone am.. it's not that so serious.. I just want make he quantify the "rise" at least make I understand then I go praise am when he happen, because for now he is the self proclaimed "master of the art of patience and calculated projections on teams and talents". lol.. that na BIG title oh.. but e no call for fight.. I just wan understand.. I would so gladly want to monitor the situation going forward.. no hard feelings at all.. no dey defend wetin no be fight. It's not serious. Are u now the police to question who I quote? Na only Nerdie i don quote for hear? You sef why are u quoting me? lol

Modified..
which one be jealousy again now? which kind talk be that? we are not kids here
You will be surprised to know that I often click share on Nerdie's post. He himself knows that.

Don't know why you bothered to reply sef. Like being a "Tammy fanboy" is meant to be an insult or even a crime sef...

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 4:17am On Nov 17, 2019
cry
Kbs468:

Why is it that you GHANIANS and SOUTH AFRICANS can't post or comment on any[ b] NIGERIAN FORUM[/b] without displaying that element of Rivalry?

Somehow only said something about how the Argentines were relating to the Superclasico Victory as if it's a World Cup triumph over BRAZIL

And all you could do is to reflect on Ghana and Nigeria? Instead of a simple affirmation to that which was passed out to him?
HE IS NOT GHANAIAN!!!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 4:29am On Nov 17, 2019
godspeed:
A new fan

Old pic.

The world is now in 2019
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:35am On Nov 17, 2019
Joebie:
dude said Nerdie exposed me that i'm a Tammy fanboy.. look at my signature on here even up till this day, I have not changed it. I have nver minced words when it comes to talking about issues even when it doesn't sound palatable to many Nigerians, and I guess other monikers know me for that.

Modified
But how is this even about Tammy?

Modified 2
My brother, he didn't go low in my opinion. At least that's how I take things.. it's nothing serious.. people who throw jabs a lot are weak people in real life, that's what i've come to learn.

Nothing wrong in being a tammy fan boy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:08am On Nov 17, 2019
That's not even the issue, and that's not the main point I'm responding to.

andrewbaba44:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:09am On Nov 17, 2019
Look at my Siggy. How is that even the point? How Tammy even come the matter? I just dey clear am.
andrewbaba44:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:22am On Nov 17, 2019
What time is the match guys? I heard it will be live on Bein Sports USA, so, to stream or watch it live, download a mobdro app if u ain't got one already. Below will be my preferred line up;

***************""""""""""""""Okoye"""""""'""'''''*****************

******Awaziem******Ekong*****Ajayi*****Aina*******

*****************Aribo********Ndidi*******************

***********************Iwobi**************************

***Chucks************Osimhen**************Kalu***

I no wan see Calamity Jamil Collins anywhere near the starting line up.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:27am On Nov 17, 2019
Lol... Jamilu Collins will start. So brace yourself. wink

And Okoye in goal? Naah... Rohr won't risk him. Akpeyi will keep his starting place.

Anyway, it's your "preferred" XI. I'm just being realistic.

And ohhh... Lest I forget, the time for the game is 4pm Naija time (5pm local time in Maseru).

ChrisKels:
What time is the match guys? I heard it will be live on Bein Sports USA, so, to stream or watch it live, download a mobdro app if u ain't got one already. Below will be my preferred line up;

***************""""""""""""""Okoye"""""""'""'''''*****************

******Awaziem******Ekong*****Ajayi*****Aina*******

*****************Aribo********Ndidi*******************

***********************Iwobi**************************

***Chucks************Osimhen**************Kalu***

I no wan see Calamity Jamil Collins anywhere near the starting line up.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7674) (7675) (7676) (7677) (7678) (7679) (7680) ... (16151) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 123jamessmith, lordofstrings and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.