Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,821 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7678) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11670326 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7675) (7676) (7677) (7678) (7679) (7680) (7681) ... (16151) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 6:31am On Nov 17, 2019
ChrisKels:
What time is the match guys? I heard it will be live on Bein Sports USA, so, to stream or watch it live, download a mobdro app if u ain't got one already. Below will be my preferred line up;

***************""""""""""""""Okoye"""""""'""'''''*****************

******Awaziem******Ekong*****Ajayi*****Aina*******

*****************Aribo********Ndidi*******************

***********************Iwobi**************************

***Chucks************Osimhen**************Kalu***

I no wan see Calamity Jamil Collins anywhere near the starting line up.

That's our best XI

Am sure Jamilu will start grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:39am On Nov 17, 2019
Rohr - Post Ighalo, we have finally found ourself and can proudly say we now have a playing style Bkus we now have a mobile striker unlike when Ighalo was there. My deduction

Like we did in our last matches. We have now a style of playing football which is very interesting, a lot of movements "up front". One touch, two touch, quick wingers, " a very mobile striker", young players and I think that in the second half we even could score a third goal but am happy about this 2-1 win because when you start the game losing 0-1 and then you come back and win, it’s very interesting for the team and then you go to the top in the match”
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:43am On Nov 17, 2019
Utonwanne:

That's our best XI

Am sure Jamilu will start grin grin

Not really the best that's why I made it personal Bkus I still have my reservations on who stands between the sticks. Just wanna weigh Okoye like his people(Amechi Awkunanaw) dey weigh clients wey wan buy land.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 6:46am On Nov 17, 2019
ChrisKels:

Not really the best that's why I made it personal Bkus I still have my reservations on who stands between the sticks. Just wanna weigh Okoye like his people (Amechi Awkunanaw) dey wey clients wey wan buy land.

grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:47am On Nov 17, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
Lol... Jamilu Collins will start. So brace yourself. wink

And Okoye in goal? Naah... Rohr won't risk him. Akpeyi will keep his starting place.

Anyway, it's your "preferred" XI. I'm just being realistic.

And ohhh... Lest I forget, the time for the game is 4pm Naija time (5pm local time in Maseru).

Jamil is here Bkus of Rohr's German bias, otherwise I don't see what that calamity brings to this team. He sure gonna be the weakest link in our back line once again, if chosen. About Okoye I just wan see if he is another product of the German bias grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:53am On Nov 17, 2019
Utonwanne:

grin grin

Do u know dem? Dem and Nike people here in Enugu na the worst land grabbers in Enugu. Very bloody set of people. Na dem get Enugu metropolis and dem dey sell land like tomorrow no dey. Stand in their way and get wasted. Their youths dey always get smelly bank accounts sha Bkus there are plenty lands to sell
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 6:58am On Nov 17, 2019
ChrisKels:

Do u know dem? Dem and Nike people here in Enugu na the worst land grabbers in Enugu. Very bloody set of people. Na dem get Enugu metropolis and dem dey sell land like tomorrow no dey. Stand in their way and get wasted. Their youths dey always get smelly bank accounts sha Bkus there are plenty lands to sell

And I have been thinking that its only Anambra state.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:59am On Nov 17, 2019
Relax Chris. Ighalo is gone. No need taking a few more jibes at the 2019 Afcon top scorer. It is true Osimhen is an upgrade in the long run but Iggy gave as good as he brought to the table. Make we leave the man in peace as he don retire and he retired a hero. wink

About our playing style upfront, yes.. the KOC is key to this. It would be far more interesting having options beyond the KOC who can easily slot in and still keep this attacking style of ours on fire and on the right path.

I do ponder on what Chidera Ejuke will look like on the LW or in an AM in this attacking set-up. That lad could give Kalu Samuel a run for his money on the LW role when his chance finally comes under Rohr. Unless Rohr thinks he could slot in as AM since the Eze Ebere recruitment plan is on pending mode.

Other options to slot into those wing forward positions instead of the KOC: Henry Onyekuru (when on form), Dennis Bonaventure, Ahmed Musa, Moses Simon, Sheyi Ojo (pending when his allegiance switch is done), Ademola Lookman (same as Ojo and hopefully his playing time improves).

Options to slot into the CF role in Osimhen's absence that can give close to the same or similar kind of movements upfront:
David Okereke, Peter Olayinka, Kelechi Iheanacho (pending when he gets a strong run of games), Sadiq Umar.

Paul Ebere Onuachu is a decent option but will not provide those kinds of movements upfront. He is not as mobile as the above-mentioned four strikers. He arrives on being that tall target man who received balls in the box, using his body strength and height to win those balls and shoot on sight.
Simy Nwankwo is also not as mobile but is a decent option.
Stephen Odey is another that can grow into a solid option but he still needs to grow. Okereke and Onuachu at ahead of him for now even though they all play in same league.

In finality, it is important to me that the options we have in place of the KOC can replicate the same attacking playing style our first choice attacking trio oozes.

It is okay to have a variety of ways we can attack hence the difference in certain players' profiles like Onuachu for instance but at our team's core, we must have the players that can keep up the same fire, same drive and same effective attacking strategy like the Three Musketeers we have in Kalu, Osimhen and Chukwueze.

ChrisKels:
Rohr - Post Ighalo, we have finally found ourself and can proudly say we now have a playing style Bkus we now have a mobile striker unlike when Ighalo was there. My deduction

Like we did in our last matches. We have now a style of playing football which is very interesting, a lot of movements "up front". One touch, two touch, quick wingers, " a very mobile striker", young players and I think that in the second half we even could score a third goal but am happy about this 2-1 win because when you start the game losing 0-1 and then you come back and win, it’s very interesting for the team and then you go to the top in the match”

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:05am On Nov 17, 2019
Galatasaray, Besiktas Keen On Signing Iheanacho On Loan From Leicester

Turkish giants Galatasaray and Besiktas will battle to secure the services of Nigeria forward Kelechi Iheanacho on loan when the transfer window reopens in January.

Iheanacho arrived the King Power Stadium in a big money move in 2017 but has failed to make impact at the club.

According to a report in Turkish news outlet, fanatic.com.tr, Galatasaray and Besiktas are looking to bolster their respective squads during the January transfer window, with each believing the 23-year-old will be a quality addition.

Iheanacho has struggled for regular playing time at English Premier League club, Leicester City this season.

The 23-year-old is yet to make a league appearance for the Foxes this term and has played just twice in the Carabao Cup.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by cc12(m): 7:09am On Nov 17, 2019
Okoye from Awkunanaw?

ChrisKels:

Not really the best that's why I made it personal Bkus I still have my reservations on who stands between the sticks. Just wanna weigh Okoye like his people(Amechi Awkunanaw) dey weigh clients wey wan buy land.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:10am On Nov 17, 2019
Until Rohr and his crew finds a left-footed competition for Collins, you will have to endure seeing him on your screens. grin

Collins is decent and had a decent enough game against Brazil but seriously needs an upgrade. He needs really solid competition. But until that is found, I say Collins gets the nod to continue for now.

Perhaps, Rohr's "German bias" grin should take a good look at left footed LB, Chima Okoroji based in Germany. I dont want any right footer manning our LB role. It can be a big minus when the opponents figures him out and uses his lack of "left" in a leftie role against him and against our team as a whole.

On Okoye... His time will come. Let Rohr ease him in the way he thinks best. No way in hell is Okoye starting today... Looll

ChrisKels:

Jamil is here Bkus of Rohr's German bias, otherwise I don't see what that calamity brings to this team. He sure gonna be the weakest link in our back line once again, if chosen. About Okoye I just wan see if he is another product of the German bias grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:14am On Nov 17, 2019
Utonwanne:

And I have been thinking that its only Anambra state.

Read the history of the much talked about Enugu Centenary City, then u will have a hint. Amechi people no get joy upon land matter. We always advise buyers to go through our agency and registered surveyors whenever dey need a piece of land to buy, otherwise u get sold a property already sold to more than five clients grin.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:15am On Nov 17, 2019
cc12:
Okoye from Awkunanaw?

The boy na Amechi Awkunanaw boy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by cc12(m): 7:17am On Nov 17, 2019
Ok

ChrisKels:

The boy na Amechi Awkunanaw boy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:22am On Nov 17, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
Relax Chris. Ighalo is gone. No need taking a few more jibes at the 2019 Afcon top scorer. It is true Osimhen is an upgrade in the long run but Iggy gave as good as he brought to the table. Make we leave the man in peace as he don retire and he retired a hero. wink

About our playing style upfront, yes.. the KOC is key to this. It would be far more interesting having options beyond the KOC who can easily slot in and still keep this attacking style of ours on fire and on the right path.

I do ponder on what Chidera Ejuke will look like on the LW or in an AM in this attacking set-up. That lad could give Kalu Samuel a run for his money on the LW role when his chance finally comes under Rohr. Unless Rohr thinks he could slot in as AM since the Eze Ebere recruitment plan is on pending mode.

Other options to slot into those wing forward positions instead of the KOC: Henry Onyekuru (when on form), Dennis Bonaventure, Ahmed Musa, Moses Simon, Sheyi Ojo (pending when his allegiance switch is done), Ademola Lookman (same as Ojo and hopefully his playing time improves).

Options to slot into the CF role in Osimhen's absence that can give close to the same or similar kind of movements upfront:
David Okereke, Peter Olayinka, Kelechi Iheanacho (pending when he gets a strong run of games), Sadiq Umar.

Paul Ebere Onuachu is a decent option but will not provide those kinds of movements upfront. He is not as mobile as the above-mentioned four strikers. He arrives on being that tall target man who received balls in the box, using his body strength and height to win those balls and shoot on sight.
Simy Nwankwo is also not as mobile but is a decent option.
Stephen Odey is another that can grow into a solid option but he still needs to grow. Okereke and Onuachu at ahead of him for now even though they all play in same league.

In finality, it is important to me that the options we have in place of the KOC can replicate the same attacking playing style our first choice attacking trio oozes.

It is okay to have a variety of ways we can attack hence the difference in certain players' profiles like Onuachu for instance but at our team's core, we must have the players that can keep up the same fire, same drive and same effective attacking strategy like the Three Musketeers we have in Kalu, Osimhen and Chukwueze.

Lol u and long epistles sef. Big head u no go church today ooo grin

Nwanne I no fit add more, Uv said it all but please remove Simmy Nwankwo from there, he is crap. And yes, Ighalo never gave us a playing style throughout his unmerited stay in the GWG Bkus he runs like a pregnant woman plus his poor positional sense
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:25am On Nov 17, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
Until Rohr and his crew finds a left-footed competition for Collins, you will have to endure seeing him on your screens. grin

Collins is decent and had a decent enough game against Brazil but seriously needs an upgrade. He needs really solid competition. But until that is found, I say Collins gets the nod to continue for now.

Perhaps, Rohr's "German bias" grin should take a good look at left footed LB, Chima Okoroji based in Germany. I dont want any right footer manning our LB role. It can be a big minus when the opponents figures him out and uses his lack of "left" in a leftie role against him and against our team as a whole.

On Okoye... His time will come. Let Rohr ease him in the way he thinks best. No way in hell is Okoye starting today... Looll

We already have that upgrade in Aina. He is ambidextrous and can do the simple things and more better than that calamity u call a natural left back

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:28am On Nov 17, 2019
I dey go. I'm signing out soonest. wink

Lol.... There is a reason I mentioned Simy last naa (at least before I spoke on the genuine readiness of Odey). Besides he no go give us that movement at all. Onuachu looks a slightly better fit than Simy sef. But both won't offer us those mobile runs and movements upfront. They both operate as Static tall target men.

About the bolded... I have no comments. grin Just let Ighalo be abeg lol.

ChrisKels:

Lol u and long epistles sef. Big head u no go church today ooo grin

Nwanne I no fit add more, Uv said it all but please remove Simmy Nwankwo from there, he is crap. And yes, Ighalo never gave us a playing style throughout his unmerited stay in the GWG Bkus he runs like a pregnant woman plus his poor positional sense

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:33am On Nov 17, 2019
Aina is more comfortable on the right than on the left and even in his ambidexterity, he is still preferably right footed. Yes he made his GWG debut as LB when he came on and he has featured as LWB for Torino severally but he is much more comfortable on the right. Collins still has some relevance for now.

ChrisKels:

We already have that upgrade in Aina. He is ambidextrous and can do the simple things and more better than that calamity u call a natural left back

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:36am On Nov 17, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
I dey go. I'm signing out soonest. wink

Lol.... There is a reason I mentioned Simy last naa (at least before I spoke on the genuine readiness of Odey). Besides he no go give us that movement at all. Onuachu looks a slightly better fit than Simy sef. But both won't offer us those mobile runs and movements upfront. They both operate as Static tall target men.

About the bolded... I have no comments. grin Just let Ighalo be abeg lol.

Alryt, plz carry icon4s along with u, that man no dey ever go Church grin. Errrm also put me in ur prayers as I no go today kwa. Have a nice day bro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:42am On Nov 17, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
Aina is more comfortable on the right than on the left and even in his ambidexterity, he is still preferably right footed. Yes he made his GWG debut as LB when he came on and he has featured as LWB for Torino severally but he is much more comfortable on the right. Collins still has some relevance for now.

U are slightly going outta context bro, but long story cut short, Aina in his purported uncomfortability as a makeshift LB as against his preferred RB, is far more a better evil than what Collins offers us with his so called conformability as a natural LB

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 7:59am On Nov 17, 2019
ChrisKels:

Read the history of the much talked about Enugu Centenary City, then u will have a hint. Amechi people no get joy upon land matter. We always advise buyers to go through our agency and registered surveyors whenever dey need a piece of land to buy, otherwise u get sold a property already sold to more than five clients grin.

Hahaha grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:07am On Nov 17, 2019
Collins vs Brazil as left footed LB coped well with the Brazillian forays. His "leftie-ness" allowed him cope with the angle of attacks the likes of Gabby Jesus and co threw at him. Yes he was beaten a few times, but he also recovered several times and saved our asses with timely blocks from his positions too.

Aina is more prone to mark with his right foot and in a LB role against most players he comes up against on the left, it will be more difficult for him to cut off attacking moves leading to crosses where the ball will be put unto his "weaker" left side. The physics involved in twisting his body to use his right to accomodate for his "less" left dominance won't be experienced by Collins.

There is always gonna be that "kinetics/physics" edge which make Collins defend certain situations better than Aina at LB.

Also, having Collins at LB gives us a different angle of attack when he does overlap with his Lead left foot. Aina does it more with his right than with his left.

These little details stretching into the science Dynamics of having left over right or right over left in certain angles of defending situations at LB role are vital. That is what informs my stance on the continued relevance of Collins for now. Aina should stick to RB. We cannot keep playing with makeshifts every damn time.

Awaziem is very good and does a fine job at RB but he too is a makeshift and majorly a CB. His versatility is good but he doesn't have the flair of RBs and the grace + timings that goes with knowing when to attack and when to fall back just the way Aina and Ebuehi do it at RB.

ChrisKels:

U are slightly going outta context bro, but long story cut short, Aina in his purported uncomfortability as a makeshift LB as against his preferred RB, is far more a better evil than what Collins offers us with his so called conformability as a natural LB

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:13am On Nov 17, 2019
I will. Merci. Don't worry about Icons... grin Be more concerned about your own "no service for me" matter. Senegalese-Ivorian grin

ChrisKels:

Alryt, plz carry icon4s along with u, that man no dey ever go Church grin. Errrm also put me in ur prayers as I no go today kwa. Have a nice day bro

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 8:23am On Nov 17, 2019
Joebie:
oga I defended Tammy in the days when the matter hot hot well well.. The aftermath was expected by me at a point.. This is not about Tammy as it may seem by many of you. the koko be say many naija people hate the boy now for obvious reasons..And I would have defended any Naija player that faces such criticisms.. I have defended Iorfa, Nedum Onouha and a host of others in similar predicament on this thread (Although Tammy own big own with he red carpet talk no be small matter.
let's not be catching anyhow feelings for ordinary thread.. I can fight with Nerdie or any moniker, e no mean say tomorrow I go bone am.. it's not that so serious.. I just want make he quantify the "rise" at least make I understand then I go praise am when he happen, because for now he is the self proclaimed "master of the art of patience and calculated projections on teams and talents". lol.. that na BIG title oh.. but e no call for fight.. I just wan understand.. I would so gladly want to monitor the situation going forward.. no hard feelings at all.. no dey defend wetin no be fight. It's not serious. Are u now the police to question who I quote? Na only Nerdie i don quote for hear? You sef why are u quoting me? lol

Modified..
which one be jealousy again now? which kind talk be that? we are not kids here
You will be surprised to know that I often click share on Nerdie's post. He himself knows that.

See ehn Joebie I must be frank with you most of these things are very very childish. I'm often taken aback by how people behave here. Any mature person would know you're just trying to get the banter going with him and move on after your previous quarrel but it's not working for now.

Now someone is misreading the situation to mean you're jealous of him. Can you imagine? It's like the kind of thing you'll hear back then in secondary school. These things did not start today. As far back as a year ago I started following the thread I noticed how people will snub your mentions days and weeks after you had a heated argument. All your efforts to exchange banter and move on would be in vain because the person will be keeping that beef. So it's not something recent.

As it is Joebie, being my blunt self I'll say many here are quite intelligent but very few are mature. I'll advice you so next time someone would not come out to imply you're "jealous". If you try chatting up people and they're not responding, best leave them alone, they'll come around later.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 8:28am On Nov 17, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
Collins vs Brazil as left footed LB coped well with the Brazillian forays. His "leftie-ness" allowed him cope with the angle of attacks the likes of Gabby Jesus and co threw at him. Yes he was beaten a few times, but he also recovered several times and saved our asses with timely blocks from his positions too.

Aina is more prone to mark with his right foot and in a LB role against most players he comes up against on the left, it will be more difficult for him to cut off attacking moves leading to crosses where the ball will be put unto his "weaker" left side. The physics involved in twisting his body to use his right to accomodate for his "less" left dominance won't be experienced by Collins.

There is always gonna be that "kinetics/physics" edge which make Collins defend certain situations better than Aina at LB.

Also, having Collins at LB gives us a different angle of attack when he does overlap with his Lead left foot. Aina does it more with his right than with his left.

These little details stretching into the science Dynamics of having left over right or right over left in certain angles of defending situations at LB role are vital. That is what informs my stance on the continued relevance of Collins for now. Aina should stick to RB. We cannot keep playing with makeshifts every damn time.

Awaziem is very good and does a fine job at RB but he too is a makeshift and majorly a CB. His versatility is good but he doesn't have the flair of RBs and the grace + timings that goes with knowing when to attack and when to fall back just the way Aina and Ebuehi do it at RB.

All your long epistle amounts to nothing.. Collins is a calamity left back and in that position Aina is still miles ahead of him. Cest finite!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:42am On Nov 17, 2019
Nothing to you. But something to the few that understand what I say especially the dynamics of movements as regards left and right feet. Aina is the better fullback overall but will still struggle in certain battles as LB as he is more prone to use his right than his left. A decent natural LB will always give a team a unique option up and down the left. This is where Collins has it in his favor. Collins surely needs an upgrade in competition but until then, he's still needed for now. The lad joins the attack decently and generally defends okay but his recovery and positioning in certain game situations are what where he is really suspect. Finito.

DrKlever:
All your long epistle amounts to nothing.. Collins is a calamity left back and in that position Aina is still miles ahead of him. Cest finite!

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by klexycole(m): 8:43am On Nov 17, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
Camp update: Lesotho vs Nigeria

Here’s the @NGSuperEagles, after their AFCON 2021Q pre-match training session at the national stadium in Maseru, Lesotho, on Saturday.

Courtesy: @Osasuo

Am I the only one that's worried about the nature of this football pitch? shocked
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:47am On Nov 17, 2019
You are not alone. Synthetic turfs do come with some worries. Hopefully the team copes just fine and does the needful.

I recall we played on similar turf last year during the 2019 Afcon Qualifiers.

klexycole:

Am I the only one that's worried about the nature of this football pitch? shocked

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 8:51am On Nov 17, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
Nothing to you. But something to the few that understand what I say especially the dynamics of movements as regards left and right feet. Aina is the better fullback overall but will still struggle in certain battles as LB as he is more prone to use his right than his left. A decent natural LB will always give a team a unique option up and down the left. This is where Collins has it in his favor. Collins surely needs an upgrade in competition but until then, he's still needed for now. The lad joins the attack decently and generally defends okay but his recovery and positioning in certain game situations are what where he is really suspect. Finito.

I don't understand your so called dynamics of movement and i pray never to understand such shallow dynamics. You already stated Aina is a better full back yet claim Collins is better left back despite the fact that the latter has been playing there for both country and club side in a while. Aina cannot be skinned the manner G Jesus ghost past Collins neither will he be made to lie down in green pasteurs by a poor Beninese.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 9:05am On Nov 17, 2019
Rohr if you're reading this...

Please try Samuel Kalu in the 10 position today, even if for just 15 minutes. Thanks.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:12am On Nov 17, 2019
The bolded settles it. Therefore you cannot offer beyond your lack of understanding. It's only fair. We cannot take this convo further I'm afraid.
And you cannot term shallow what you just confessed to not being able to understand. Finito. Happy Sunday. Lol.... grin

DrKlever:
I don't understand your so called dynamics of movement and i pray never to understand such shallow dynamics. You already stated Aina is a better full back yet claim Collins is better left back despite the fact that the latter has been playing there for both country and club side in a while. Aina cannot be skinned the manner G Jesus ghost past Collins neither will he be made to lie down in green pasteurs by a poor Beninese.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Triniti(m): 9:12am On Nov 17, 2019
Teams without a decent stadium should play their matches on a neutral ground. Caf needs to put that into perspective, thoroughbred professionals should not be made to play football on a potato farm

3 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (7675) (7676) (7677) (7678) (7679) (7680) (7681) ... (16151) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: caprikon, AndSunGorilla, Mujtahida, elyte89, gbengaolu360 and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.