Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,752 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7679) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11669358 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7676) (7677) (7678) (7679) (7680) (7681) (7682) ... (16151) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 9:29am On Nov 17, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
The bolded settles it. Therefore you cannot offer beyond your lack of understanding. It's only fair. We cannot take this convo further I'm afraid.
And you cannot term shallow what you just confessed to not being able to understand. Finito. Happy Sunday. Lol.... grin

lol silly man. Happy sunday to you bro! grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:37am On Nov 17, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
Collins vs Brazil as left footed LB coped well with the Brazillian forays. His "leftie-ness" allowed him cope with the angle of attacks the likes of Gabby Jesus and co threw at him. Yes he was beaten a few times, but he also recovered several times and saved our asses with timely blocks from his positions too.

Aina is more prone to mark with his right foot and in a LB role against most players he comes up against on the left, it will be more difficult for him to cut off attacking moves leading to crosses where the ball will be put unto his "weaker" left side. The physics involved in twisting his body to use his right to accomodate for his "less" left dominance won't be experienced by Collins.

There is always gonna be that "kinetics/physics" edge which make Collins defend certain situations better than Aina at LB.

Also, having Collins at LB gives us a different angle of attack when he does overlap with his Lead left foot. Aina does it more with his right than with his left.

These little details stretching into the science Dynamics of having left over right or right over left in certain angles of defending situations at LB role are vital. That is what informs my stance on the continued relevance of Collins for now. Aina should stick to RB. We cannot keep playing with makeshifts every damn time.

Awaziem is very good and does a fine job at RB but he too is a makeshift and majorly a CB. His versatility is good but he doesn't have the flair of RBs and the grace + timings that goes with knowing when to attack and when to fall back just the way Aina and Ebuehi do it at RB.

It is rather kinematics not Torques(kinetics). That said, we saw the said Kinematics come into play against Algeria, Madagascar, Benin et al didn't we? grin

My dear forget long talk, Aina is better on the left(as a makeshift) than Collins(as a natural LB)

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:41am On Nov 17, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
I will. Merci. Don't worry about Icons... grin Be more concerned about your own "no service for me" matter. Senegalese-Ivorian grin

Hahahaha werey. Na evening mass I go attend grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:46am On Nov 17, 2019
DrKlever:
All your long epistle amounts to nothing.. Collins is a calamity left back and in that position Aina is still miles ahead of him. Cest finite!

Bia do u take chilled palm wine? Get in here bro, u dey see road well. Loud that word "calamity" Bkus that's what Collins truly is.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:50am On Nov 17, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
Nothing to you. But something to the few that understand what I say especially the dynamics of movements as regards left and right feet. Aina is the better fullback overall but will still struggle in certain battles as LB as he is more prone to use his right than his left. A decent natural LB will always give a team a unique option up and down the left. This is where Collins has it in his favor. Collins surely needs an upgrade in competition but until then, he's still needed for now. The lad joins the attack decently and generally defends okay but his recovery and positioning in certain game situations are what where he is really suspect. Finito.

The bolded is true, but sorry, Collins is no decent LB, he is below average.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:01am On Nov 17, 2019
Super Eagles coach Gernot Rohr has issued a warning to his players not to underestimate Lesotho when both teams face off in an Africa Cup of Nations qualifier at the Setsoto Stadium (Maseru) on Sunday evening.

Super Eagles players will be brimming with confidence heading into today's fixture after holding a star-studded Brazil side containing Neymar, Dani Alves, Roberto Firmino and Gabriel Jesus to a 1-1 draw in a friendly last month.

But Rohr has made it clear that they are not the best team in Africa despite their impressive showing against the five-time world champions and third ranked country in the FIFA ranking.

Speaking to reporters including allnigeriasoccer.com, the German coach stated : ''I am calm because they played well in the second half against Benin, but you never know in the next match (against Lesotho), they must stay humble.

''Like I told them after the Brazil game, don't believe you are the best team in Africa because you held Brazil to a draw, there's still a lot of work to do.

''I am not excited, I'll be excited if we win the AFCON for example.''

Nigeria came from behind to beat Benin 2-1 in their opening match of the 2021 AFCON qualifiers while Lesotho earned a valuable point on the road against Sierra Leone.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:12am On Nov 17, 2019
Danielnino00:

Ejaria called back to Liverpool? lol..
Klopp didn't see Harry Wilson good enough for the first team talk less of Ejaria..

It's obvious you don't know Liverpool football club.

Look at the guys playing on the wing Mane and Salah players who hardly ever get injured. Them look at the Back up. Wilson has limited if any opportunity.

Now let's get to the middle of the field. Fabinho, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Keita, Lalana, Milner and the OX.

Some of them are already above 30 and some unable to make the transition like Keita. Then look at Ovie had a great season so far.

Ovie has got w good chance if claiming position. IMO.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Abusule007: 11:13am On Nov 17, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
Lol... Jamilu Collins will start. So brace yourself. wink

And Okoye in goal? Naah... Rohr won't risk him. Akpeyi will keep his starting place.

Anyway, it's your "preferred" XI. I'm just being realistic.

And ohhh... Lest I forget, the time for the game is 4pm Naija time (5pm local time in Maseru).

Check again, the match is 5pm Nigeria time

Even on flashscore, it's 5pm

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:16am On Nov 17, 2019
M7even:

What exactly is your point, your critics of what defines knowing a person has no minimal or substantial value....

The whole proposition of knowing in this context can be from a distance, can be close and can be by accidental stumble.

By having read about him, I took an immediate interest upon the character, thus knowing him more through that.. I never need to allude to speaking directly with him to say I know him.

Barkley, I paraphrase, said he could play for either Nigeria or England. This was in 2013. Now what is twisted about this that you cannot unwrap?

I concede reluctantly that the word KNOWING cam be ambiguous.

Nonetheless, my understanding of KNOWING is clearly different and because l do know him. As a consequence my perspective is not from the media.

I have known Ross since he was about 12 and his family.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by seankafor(m): 11:19am On Nov 17, 2019
Triniti:
Teams without a decent stadium should play their matches on a neutral ground. Caf needs to put that into perspective, thoroughbred professionals should not be made to play football on a potato farm
all these infant countries are culprits of such.

Lesotho is not even upto a state in naija
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:20am On Nov 17, 2019
M7even:

Very wrong my brother. I'd search for that article for u now

There is a big difference in perspective.

You rely on the media.

My perspective is from direct personal contact over the long term. Barkley Dad is not my friend but l know him very well difficult for us to associate he is unfortunately an alcoholic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:21am On Nov 17, 2019
aina is better than collins
ChrisKels:

It is rather kinematics not Torques(kinetics). That said, we saw the said Kinematics come into play against Algeria, Madagascar, Benin et al didn't we? grin

My dear forget long talk, Aina is better on the left(as a makeshift) than Collins(as a natural LB)

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:27am On Nov 17, 2019
kellycute:
even if it was agaisnt luton and burton, it doesn't change the fact that nacho has scored 2 goals in 2 games so your stylish mockery doesn't add up. 2 goals in 2 games!!!. He will still score in the next game when given the chance to play.

Using your self birthed "mathematical football theory"

Therfore by your theory KC has played 51 EPL games for Leicester city that equates to 51 goals.

TRUE or FALSE

Now take delusional misguided fanaticism and tell us how many goals KC has scored in his three seasons at Leicester.

Now wake up l don't know which Kwale stong weed you have smoked that realigned your brain. Then use cold ice water to wash your head l think it's on Fire.

Meanwhile happy Sunday.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:28am On Nov 17, 2019
somehow:

You replied a post from tbaba about a player that didn't play football for 2 years that it was true and I quoted you by saying Rohr has been doing something similar too

All of a sudden, you became ignorant and twisted it to just being clubless.

Tbaba 's post was as clear as daylight
NOT PLAYING FOOTBALL is not limited to just being clubless alone, you can be in a club and not feature for them which is a public knowledge to even kids.

Now let me end this hypocrisy of yours once and for all

In the 2 legs we played against Cameroon, how active was Ezenwa clubwise yet was in goal?

How active was him clubwise when he went to chan in morrocco?

how active was he when he was in goal against Madagascar?

Now tell me, how different is that to Late Keshi using Ruben Gabriel which is equally distastful?

So why the sudden ignorance and hypocrisy from you or you didn't know Ezenwa was 99 percent inactive clubwise for more than a season?

I just had to do this because other ostriches were already joining you in this show of shame.

Back to ignoring hypocrites

Seconded without hesitation.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:32am On Nov 17, 2019
Thanks for the advice my bro.

iSlayer:

See ehn Joebie I must be frank with you most of these things are very very childish. I'm often taken aback by how people behave here. Any mature person would know you're just trying to get the banter going with him and move on after your previous quarrel but it's not working for now.

Now someone is misreading the situation to mean you're jealous of him. Can you imagine? It's like the kind of thing you'll hear back then in secondary school. These things did not start today. As far back as a year ago I started following the thread I noticed how people will snub your mentions days and weeks after you had a heated argument. All your efforts to exchange banter and move on would be in vain because the person will be keeping that beef. So it's not something recent.

As it is Joebie, being my blunt self I'll say many here are quite intelligent but very few are mature. I'll advice you so next time someone would not come out to imply you're "jealous". If you try chatting up people and they're not responding, best leave them alone, they'll come around later.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:44am On Nov 17, 2019
fenebache interested in ahmed musa

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:46am On Nov 17, 2019
charlesemeka85:

Is the guy going full circle in football?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:49am On Nov 17, 2019
Abusule007:

Check again, the match is 5pm Nigeria time

Even on flashscore, it's 5pm

You are right. I initially wrote 5pm Naija time but I wasn't certain thinking it referred to Lesotho's local time which will make Naija time 4pm. So I changed it.

The NFF confirms it here... So you right.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:50am On Nov 17, 2019
I think that is too harsh on Collins. Not an adequate assessment of his quality.

ChrisKels:

The bolded is true, but sorry, Collins is no decent LB, he is below average.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:54am On Nov 17, 2019
Aina have also had his struggles as LB as we saw in the Afcon vs Cameroun for instance. Collins came in against South Africa and slotted in perfectly. I don't want to turn this into a comparison as I have already said Aina is the better fullback overall. Both players have had their good and bad games.

My point remains, that left foot factor in that LB role is critical to how we play. That is a minus to Aina. He should remain at RB where he is a bigger plus to how we play.

ChrisKels:

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:56am On Nov 17, 2019
DrKlever:
lol silly man. Happy sunday to you bro! grin

De rien...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:57am On Nov 17, 2019
Na him be say you go miss some of the action from Lesotho vs Nigeria.

You should have gone to morning Mass My good man. You see yasef.. grin

ChrisKels:

Hahahaha werey. Na evening mass I go attend grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:14pm On Nov 17, 2019
As possible replacement for Victor Moses who is likely to make a Chelsea return?

I wonder what Vic Moses would be doing back at Chelsea though... But if Lamps wants him then... **Shrugs**

charlesemeka85:

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eleniyan15: 12:23pm On Nov 17, 2019
Supersport won't televise this match
No alternative
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:23pm On Nov 17, 2019
Victor Osimhen Interview

While in Uyo, Modo Victor and China Acheru had an engaging interview with Victor Osimhen...
Video below

Victor discussed his role in the Super Eagles, his challenges, the pressure that comes with leading the line, the exciting blend of youth in the team, what the future holds for the Super Eagles, his Ighalo comparisons, his ambition to match and possibly surpass Yekini's goals record, his Lille away goals duck and much more....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn08VmAprA4

It is six minutes and 10 seconds long but very engaging indeed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:26pm On Nov 17, 2019
Afcon 2021 Qualifiers: Groups A - L

How things stand across Africa in the Afcon Qualifiers Post-MD1.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 12:31pm On Nov 17, 2019
ChrisKels:
Rohr - Post Ighalo, we have finally found ourself and can proudly say we now have a playing style Bkus we now have a mobile striker unlike when Ighalo was there. My deduction

Like we did in our last matches. We have now a style of playing football which is very interesting, a lot of movements "up front". One touch, two touch, quick wingers, " a very mobile striker", young players and I think that in the second half we even could score a third goal but am happy about this 2-1 win because when you start the game losing 0-1 and then you come back and win, it’s very interesting for the team and then you go to the top in the match”

what are you trying to say here,

ur dislike of IGHALO is no secret, even when the team does not play well,

now he was the one harperring the mobility of the team when he was there abi,

wonderfull just spledidiously wonderfull

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 12:39pm On Nov 17, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Dude is not leaving that Saudi money anytime soon.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:41pm On Nov 17, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
Afcon 2021 Qualifiers: Groups A - L

How things stand across Africa in the Afcon Qualifiers Post-MD1.

Comoros beat Togo wow
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:56pm On Nov 17, 2019
ok
edi287:

Dude is not leaving that Saudi money anytime soon.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Toylove: 12:57pm On Nov 17, 2019
Eartquake1:

Comoros beat Togo wow
Holla amaka pakabo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 1:09pm On Nov 17, 2019
komekn:

Using your self birthed "mathematical football theory"

Therfore by your theory KC has played 51 EPL games for Leicester city that equates to 51 goals.

TRUE or FALSE

Now take delusional misguided fanaticism and tell us how many goals KC has scored in his three seasons at Leicester.

Now wake up l don't know which Kwale stong weed you have smoked that realigned your brain. Then use cold ice water to wash your head l think it's on Fire.

Meanwhile happy Sunday.

happy sunday to you.

2goals in 2 games. Nacho is on fire!! Finito

4 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (7676) (7677) (7678) (7679) (7680) (7681) (7682) ... (16151) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: kennysville(m), Odunayaw(m), Hanibal(m), Philosopher1979 and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.