Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7742) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11662352 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7739) (7740) (7741) (7742) (7743) (7744) (7745) ... (16150) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:52pm On Nov 21, 2019
the guy should in lille for 1 or 2 more seasons
andrewbaba44:

Good point

I just hope victor keeps on improving

Naija players sabi dissapoint me ,but something tells me victor would not

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:52pm On Nov 21, 2019
Eartquake1:

What of Dembele and Griezman?

The thing with Barca is, if you are not ready to serve Messi you are on a long thing

He loves them

You can’t be better then Messi so you have to serve him

Messi is Barca

Barca is Messi

We should know this

Remember benzema serve Cr7 for years ?

Now check benzema stats when Cr7 left

That’s why I will always rate suarez as the world best striker ,he outscored Messi at Barca and Cr7 at Madrid and won the European golden shoe ,something nobody could do within 10 years even kun aguero
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:53pm On Nov 21, 2019
charlesemeka85:

Agreed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 4:54pm On Nov 21, 2019
iSlayer:
Which top team is Tottenham Mourinho meeting first?
WEST HAM UNITED lunch hour kick off

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:57pm On Nov 21, 2019
Former Tottenham defender Alan Hutton has criticized Liverpool-owned winger Sheyi Ojo over his inconsistent performances for Rangers.

Ojo has been involved in 10 goals (5 goals, 5 assists) from 23 appearances across all competitions since his arrival at Rangers in July.

Speaking to Football Insider on Thursday, Hutton who was on the books of the Gers between 2000-2008 enthused that the Nigerian has yet to truly show the qualities which pushed his manager Stephen Gerrard into bringing him to the club.

"One that springs to mind is Ojo. He's been very in and out, he came with big promise", Hutton was quoted as saying.

"I still believe that he's got all the ability. Obviously Gerrard hand-picked him, you know that he's got something and I do believe he's shown flashes of it.

"I think he needs to be more consistent, at teams like Rangers and Celtic you're a bit under the microscope, you can't just have the one or two good games, it needs to be seven or eight good games out of the ten.

''Maybe that's where he's finding a bit difficult. I'd like to see a little bit more, hopefully we can see more."

The 22-year-old who is spending the whole of the 2019/20 season at Rangers has only been afforded 13 first-team appearances at Liverpool since his debut.

He spent time out in loan with Wigan Athletic, Wolves, Fulham and French club Reims before moving to Rangers.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:00pm On Nov 21, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

She should have supported the husband than running up and down with another man.

There are tradomedical people who have some mixtures to help alleviate her husband's problems. Some can even turn him into a maniac and addict from there. So you going after the man's wife worsened the situation. It was a chance for her to show her love to him but you spoilt it.

Agreed without reservation or question ❓

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:02pm On Nov 21, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Former Tottenham defender Alan Hutton has criticized Liverpool-owned winger Sheyi Ojo over his inconsistent performances for Rangers.

Ojo has been involved in 10 goals (5 goals, 5 assists) from 23 appearances across all competitions since his arrival at Rangers in July.

Speaking to Football Insider on Thursday, Hutton who was on the books of the Gers between 2000-2008 enthused that the Nigerian has yet to truly show the qualities which pushed his manager Stephen Gerrard into bringing him to the club.

"One that springs to mind is Ojo. He's been very in and out, he came with big promise", Hutton was quoted as saying.

"I still believe that he's got all the ability. Obviously Gerrard hand-picked him, you know that he's got something and I do believe he's shown flashes of it.

"I think he needs to be more consistent, at teams like Rangers and Celtic you're a bit under the microscope, you can't just have the one or two good games, it needs to be seven or eight good games out of the ten.

''Maybe that's where he's finding a bit difficult. I'd like to see a little bit more, hopefully we can see more."

The 22-year-old who is spending the whole of the 2019/20 season at Rangers has only been afforded 13 first-team appearances at Liverpool since his debut.

He spent time out in loan with Wigan Athletic, Wolves, Fulham and French club Reims before moving to Rangers.

Agreed without reservation.

He needs to do more although his stats are good.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 5:09pm On Nov 21, 2019
tbaba1234:

Iwobi has been one of the most important Nigerian players in recent games. Criminally underrated.
I'm not disputing his importance because I had more than once described him as one of those Players that have played better in Eagles shirt than they do for clubside.

But he could have done better than he had done if and only if my initial reference was the case and that is the reason for his injury free status for 5 years ascription.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 5:15pm On Nov 21, 2019
charlesemeka85:

playing with those carpenters...
he needs to play with above average players so as to increase his sharpness and help him to be more productive

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 5:15pm On Nov 21, 2019
Eartquake1:
Let me remind you that Iwobi has not been injured in the last 5 years

Selense footballer. But how certain is this?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 5:16pm On Nov 21, 2019
Kbs468:
WEST HAM UNITED lunch hour kick off

No. I said "Top Team". West ham na scrap.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Certitude(m): 5:18pm On Nov 21, 2019
tbaba1234:

Iwobi has been one of the most important Nigerian players in recent games. Criminally underrated.
Agree with no iota of reservation cool

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:19pm On Nov 21, 2019
iSlayer:

Selense footballer. But how certain is this?

Very certain, there was actually a case of an 'injury'

But it was Iwobi escaping the wrath of the Arsenal fans, the dude really suffered at Arsenal
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 5:24pm On Nov 21, 2019
charlesemeka85:

Well, I want to disagree a bit though because the 26 appearance is not a yard stick, instead, it's the 13 starts that should be considered because for the remainder of 13 matches as a substitute, he might just be featured for the last 5-10 minutes and I have serious dislike for such kinds of managers with such mentality of substitution.

When you don't get enough playing time and they want you to perform wonders for few minutes of football. I feel for footballers sometimes
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 5:25pm On Nov 21, 2019
LaMujer:
So, MFM have won their 2 away matches, but drawn their 2 home matches. What kinda form is that one? undecided

Reverse form. LOL!

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 5:28pm On Nov 21, 2019
Eartquake1:

Very certain, there was actually a case of an 'injury'

But it was Iwobi escaping the wrath of the Arsenal fans, the dude really suffered at Arsenal

OK.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 5:30pm On Nov 21, 2019
bobobooge:

Typical Nigerian. Zero organization, no plan, just go with the flow. 'Any where belle face'.

Well it is within your jurisdiction to open a thread, but managing it is beyond you. A thread of 7,000 pages is way too large! I can't believe the mods allowed this to happen.

cc semid4lyfe

go get a job bro....
you really need something to keep you busy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 5:35pm On Nov 21, 2019
iSlayer:

No. I said "Top Team". West ham na scrap.
Ok
It's against MAN UNITED at old Trafford Wednesday December 4th. 8:30 pm

After that against Bournemouth on November 30th at 4:00 pm

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 5:51pm On Nov 21, 2019
Thanks for looking out, bro!

O pari

TheSuperNerd:

Icon79 right now....

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 5:52pm On Nov 21, 2019
What da heck is going on hia

Bia, Safari, I need to see you in the other room right now! shocked sad angry

O pari

safarigirl:
a lot of young boys are very easily manipulated by older women, just as young girls are manipulated by older men.

Dozie baby, if you're looking for an older woman to destroy ya life, nna come lemme help you scatter your destiny, at least I fit use you learn work grin. At least I never marry, so, no husband will track you down John Wick style and maim you for dicking his wife tongue

But wait o, doesn't he have one serious girlfriend named Obianuju or so?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 5:53pm On Nov 21, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Doing what exactly?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:54pm On Nov 21, 2019
$
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 6:00pm On Nov 21, 2019
Come again chai
Eartquake1:
$
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Toylove: 6:01pm On Nov 21, 2019
bobobooge:

Typical Nigerian. Zero organization, no plan, just go with the flow. 'Any where belle face'.

Well it is within your jurisdiction to open a thread, but managing it is beyond you. A thread of 7,000 pages is way too large! I can't believe the mods allowed this to happen.

cc semid4lyfe
Who be this one sef....
Usher work go fit you o

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:02pm On Nov 21, 2019
maidaboi:
Come again chai

No I'm not coming grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:07pm On Nov 21, 2019
It is all but confirmed that Wilfred Ndidi will make his 100th Premier League appearance when Leicester City face Leon Balogun's Brighton & Hove on Saturday, November 23.

The Foxes number 25 can join an illustrious list of Nigerian players, 13 in total, to reach the milestone if he steps out onto The American Express Community Stadium in East Sussex.

Former Super Eagles stars Shola Ameobi (298), Nwankwo Kanu (273), Yakubu Aiyegbeni (252), John Obi Mikel (249), Joseph Yobo (228), Victor Moses (220) and Victor Anichebe ( 204) have played 200 games or more in the Premier League.

The other Nigerian players with more than 100 appearances in the Premier League are Celestine Babayaro (179), Efan Ekoku (160), Peter Odemwingie (129), Jay Jay Okocha (124), Dickson Etuhu (111) and Alex Iwobi (110).

Leicester City's 2-0 win against Arsenal on November 9 was Ndidi's 99th appearance in the Premier League.

The former Racing Genk midfielder played 17 matches during the 2016-2017 season, had 33 games under his belt the following season and 38 matches last term while he has tasted action 11 times in the 2019-2020 campaign.

Should Ndidi feature against the Seagulls, he will receive a presentation box from the Premier League containing a special medallion and a plaque commemorating his achievement.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:25pm On Nov 21, 2019
charlesemeka85:
It is all but confirmed that Wilfred Ndidi will make his 100th Premier League appearance when Leicester City face Leon Balogun's Brighton & Hove on Saturday, November 23.

The Foxes number 25 can join an illustrious list of Nigerian players, 13 in total, to reach the milestone if he steps out onto The American Express Community Stadium in East Sussex.

Former Super Eagles stars Shola Ameobi (298), Nwankwo Kanu (273), Yakubu Aiyegbeni (252), John Obi Mikel (249), Joseph Yobo (228), Victor Moses (220) and Victor Anichebe ( 204) have played 200 games or more in the Premier League.

The other Nigerian players with more than 100 appearances in the Premier League are Celestine Babayaro (179), Efan Ekoku (160), Peter Odemwingie (129), Jay Jay Okocha (124), Dickson Etuhu (111) and Alex Iwobi (110).

Leicester City's 2-0 win against Arsenal on November 9 was Ndidi's 99th appearance in the Premier League.

The former Racing Genk midfielder played 17 matches during the 2016-2017 season, had 33 games under his belt the following season and 38 matches last term while he has tasted action 11 times in the 2019-2020 campaign.

Should Ndidi feature against the Seagulls, he will receive a presentation box from the Premier League containing a special medallion and a plaque commemorating his achievement.

Nobody even knew when Iwobi made his 100th appearance

Wow

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 6:36pm On Nov 21, 2019
Wilfried Zaha. Nigeria’s Ighalo, Iwobi, Ndidi and Uzoho shortlisted for 2019 Caf best XI

Gbenga Adewoye

15:25 21/11/2019

AFRICA CUP OF NATIONS QUALIFICATION
NIGERIA AFRICAN ALL STARS

The Nigerian quartet could be rewarded for their impressive displays this year, having been nominated for the continent’s best XI

Former Nigeria international Odion Ighalo, Alex Iwobi, Wilfred Ndidi and Francis Uzoho have been shortlisted for the 2019 Caf best XI.

Shanghai Greenland Shenhua striker Ighalo delivered impressive showings at this year’s
Africa Cup of Nations in Egypt .

The former Watford forward scored five goals in the competition to win the Golden Boot award and helped the Super Eagles clinch their eighth bronze medal before his retirement from international duty.

Leicester City combative midfielder, Ndidi has been a consistent performer for both club and country, finishing as the 2018-19 Premier League top tackler.

Everton midfielder Alex Iwobi and AC Omonia goalkeeper Uzoho also played key roles for the Super Eagles in Egypt and will hope to make the final team.

The Caf best XI will be announced in a ceremony on January 7, 2020.

Caf best XI

Goalkeepers: Moez Ben Cherifia, Yassine Bonnou, Mohamed El Shenaway, Sylvain Gbohouo, Rais M'bolhi, Edouard Mendy, Richard Ofori, Andre Onana, Denis Onyango, Francis Uzoho

Defenders: Youcef Atal, Serge Aurier, Mehdi Benatia, Ahmed El-Mohammadi, Lamine Gassama, Faouzi Ghoulam, Achraf Hakimi, Ahmed Hegazi, Kalidou Koulibaly, Christian Luyindama, Issa Mandi, Joel Matip, Noussair Mazraoui, Yassine Meriah, Youssouf Sabaly.

Midfielders: Andre-Frank Anguissa, Ismael Bennacer, Sofiane Feghouli, Idrissa Gueye, Tarek Hamed, Alex Iwobi, Wahbi Khazri, Naby Keita, Franck Kessie, Wilfried Ndidi, Riyad Mahrez, Thomas Partey, Mubarak Wakaso, Victor Wanyama, Hakim Ziyech.

Forwards: Pierre Emerick Aubameyang, Jordan Ayew, Anis Badri, Cedric Bakambu, Youcef Belaili, Baghdad Bounedjah, Odion Ighalo, Sadio Mane, Moussa Marega, Mbaye Niang, Nicolas Pepe, Mohamed Salah, Islam Slimani, Percy Tau,

goal com
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:39pm On Nov 21, 2019
komekn:

Agreed without reservation.

He needs to do more although his stats are good.

But u were the one who told us he has taken the league by storm with his consistent top quality performance laced with superb end product. U said he has thrived where Sadiq failed grin

How many more lies have u told ur gullible followers? Just do the honorable thing, apologize for the lies Bkus u getting reputed for telling nothing but lies in here

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:41pm On Nov 21, 2019
Kbs468:

I'm not disputing his importance because I had more than once described him as one of those Players that have played better in Eagles shirt than they do for clubside.

But he could have done better than he had done if and only if my initial reference was the case and that is the reason for his injury free status for 5 years ascription.

I am saying Iwobi is critical to the super eagles now. Key player. We have no replacement for him.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:49pm On Nov 21, 2019
Technical Assistant to Super Eagles Head Coach and Head of Scouting, Mr. Tunde Adelakun has disclosed that Nigeria has well over 460 players of Nigerian descent abroad, but it requires skill and tactics to make them switch allegiance, AOIFootball.com reports.

Adelakun, who made clarifications on the progress made in the area of scouting exclusively to AOIFootball.com, said they have made appreciable progress locating Nigerian talents both abroad and locally and recruiting them for the national team.

“We have made appreciable progress in scouting for players. We have a database of over 460 active Nigerians playing in various leagues abroad and the exploits of none of them goes unnoticed every week because we have a network of scouts who give us weekly updates.

“We also rely on our coaches based in Nigeria to look at our domestic league and report on players that might merit a national team call-up. We also now have a huge glut of diaspora Nigerians in various countries that we are tracking and working on.

“Our scouting project has been largely successful over the past three years since we started,” Adelakun said excitedly.

He, however, added that the task hasn’t been easy because going after players of Nigerian descent requires some level of professional courtesy and tactics or everything would go down south.

“It has not been easy. Obviously, talented players born and raised in other countries would be on the radar of their habitat association from youth level. After all, they must have grown up in their system. So, convincing them is a task that has always required tact. We can’t go in all guns blazing and claiming entitlement to them.

“We are not highhanded in our approach but rather rely on our strategies and powers to convince them to come and belong to the Nigerian project that we are building.

“We also show them good examples will be beneficial to us and that will enhance their careers in the long run. We have done well so far, as many of those we have convinced over time have indeed added strength and value to our national team,” Adelakun said further.

Asked about more quality additions like Ebere Eze, especially Chuba Akpom who in September told the press he’s now eligible to play for Nigeria, Adelakun said he and his team would follow the necessary protocol and carry out their investigations.

“We now have four months to work and will continue to search for players who are eligible. We, however, need to be careful and strategic and not just go for any player that is available and declares himself willing and ready.

“We have to be sure he has the skill in the area we need reinforcements. We have many players that we are looking at and we are working assiduously to make the best happen. We have a good track record so far and this encourages more youngsters to want to join this beautiful project,” Adelakun concluded
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 6:54pm On Nov 21, 2019
tbaba1234:

I am saying Iwobi is critical to the super eagles now. Key player. We have no replacement for him.
okay

(1) (2) (3) ... (7739) (7740) (7741) (7742) (7743) (7744) (7745) ... (16150) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Kog45(m), lbrichman2 and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.