Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,004 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7744) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11661319 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7741) (7742) (7743) (7744) (7745) (7746) (7747) ... (16150) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:39pm On Nov 21, 2019
I expect nothing less from Papa Aribo. No matter how long the news post on his son is. Him go still post am... Your love strong ooo. grin

charlesemeka85:
The Ibrox club pulled a shocking transfer coup last summer when Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard convinced Joe Aribo to shun all other juicy offers and join him in Scotland. To the surprise and even chagrin of others, the former Charlton Athletic star obliged and has fortunately seen that decision birth some memorable moments for both parties, particularly for Aribo who is enjoying a whirlwind end to a fantastic 2019.

The 23-year-old, beyond what any analyst could have predicted, has found himself at the cusp of stardom and his rapidly rising reputation means he will soon outgrow the limited confines of the Ibrox and indeed the Scottish Premier League.

Therefore, just a few months after Aribo became a Ger, it is pertinent to ask the million-dollar question: How much longer can Rangers and Steven Gerrard tempt Joe Aribo to stay in Scotland?

Switching to Scotland in itself was an unpopular move. Aribo turned down interest from several clubs in the Championship and Premier League – as well as the offer of a new deal from Charlton – to link up with Steven Gerrard’s Gers.

Lee Bowyer, former Newcastle and Leeds midfielder and his boss at Charlton, was so stunned to find out that Aribo, one of League One’s finest talents last term, had quit the Valley for the Ibrox that he famously lashed out at the youngster saying:

“If he goes to Rangers that is not the right place for him to go for his football career.

“You have got Rangers and Celtic who are massive clubs, I get that. And I get that Steven Gerrard was a great player, so that’s an attraction. Those two things are the attraction – but not everything else.”

Fortunately, things have looked up for the Camberwell-born midfielder ever since. In an incredible 5 months that is the stuff of dreams, Joe Aribo has made his Europa League debut and scored a couple of Europa League goals; he has made his international bow for three-time African champions Nigeria and scored against 5-time World champions Brazil while holding his own admirably in a midfield choked by Real Madrid’s Casemiro and Bayern Munich’s Coutinho. Surely, the lad knows how to kick a ball around.

Within the last eight days, the midfielder, who has even been labelled by some as the ‘new Jay Jay Okocha’, has been immaculate in possession and graceful off it, barely putting a foot wrong, as Nigeria floored Benin Republic in Uyo before smashing Lesotho in Maseru to highlight what he’ll likely be adding to the Super Eagles for years to come.

Yet, while his progress is undeniable and his international future settled, Lee Bowyer’s words continue to snap at Aribo’s heels: is the Nigeria international where he ought to be club-wise for his huge potential to be fulfilled and to reach the highest height he can attain in Europe?

Make no mistake, Rangers are a huge club and have played a big part in getting Aribo further than Charlton would have. What more, under the surprisingly astute management of Reds legend Steven Gerrard, the Gers are providing a terrific challenge to Celtic’s title ambitions.

However, with all due respect to the Gers fans, Joe Aribo is gradually becoming a fish too big for Rangers to fry. Some of them know it. Gerrard knows it as well. That was why the 2005 Champions League winner said of Aribo:

“He can go as far as he wants. I hope he stays alongside me for many years, but he’s got the world at his feet.”

Though Aribo has committed to the Ibrox till 2023, even Gerrard must know that the Super Eagles star won’t stick in Scotland for ‘many years’ no matter how huge the attraction of the Old Firms is.

A Scotland journalist told Soccernet.ng that there’s even a risk of the club losing their prized asset come January.

“The Rangers fans love him but his form and the goals have dried up a little in recent weeks (due to injuries and national team commitments).

“There was a tonne of interest from English clubs over the summer though and if he picks up over the coming months I’d imagine Rangers would have a challenge keeping hold of him,” he said.

As a mark of deep respect for Steven Gerrard, Joe Aribo may shun January transfer suitors and help Rangers in their bid to knock Celtic off their hallowed perch atop Scottish football.

However, by next summer’s transfer window, with another impressive league campaign under his belt, Aribo should be more than ready to hold his own in midfield for any of Europe’s biggest clubs.

And with the likes of Southampton, Nice and Bayer Leverkusen believed to be interested in him back when he was League One’s standout performer, Aribo should not be short of admirers now that he’s a Super Eagles regular. And nothing Rangers and Gerrard do would be able to hold him back.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 9:41pm On Nov 21, 2019
TheSuperNerd:

It is allowed... Let the lovebirds play... grin
Soon na wedding bells we go dey ring...

grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:50pm On Nov 21, 2019
darkelf:

Has he coached any team before?

Coaching isn't scouting you know....

I know he very intelligent and he's a cool guy

Cool guys make great coaches wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 9:59pm On Nov 21, 2019
Euniceadetun:
See this yeye boyfriend Lol. You're stylishly mocking me abi. 3 wonderful posts for my darling eagles. Don't worry, soon I will be more regular than you. I hope Osimhen keeps giving me joy.
grin grin grin grin grin
Now where is the mocking again when your post are really wonderful as you are already.

Me with close to 6,840 posts has never gotten anything near wonder appreciative comment let alone wonderful.

It's not how long but how impactful have been the comments/Posts smiley Just like you have beaten me to it already inspite of my long stay here. grin

We are definitely looking forward to 'U' keeping to your words yet again now with your latest assertion of being regular than myself like TheSuperNerd did admonished you earlier Today ooo tongue
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:59pm On Nov 21, 2019
grin
TheSuperNerd:
I expect nothing less from Papa Aribo. No matter how long the news post on his son is. Him go still post am... Your love strong ooo. grin

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:00pm On Nov 21, 2019
charlesemeka85:
prime ko! mcmanaman,sancho,lambert,beckham,owen,woodgate,paul ince and co says hello.

kane have outgrown spurs and to be counted among the greatest he needs a team like madrid moreover he stands the chance to earn almost double of what he gets in spurs and to win laurels.

if kane is to leave spurs today his target will be madrid,barca or bayern

Gerrard, Lampard,Scholes, Rooney, A. Cole and Terry send their greetings..

Wetin Kane wan go Madrid for?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:06pm On Nov 21, 2019
Kbs468:
Wilfried Zaha. Nigeria’s Ighalo, Iwobi, Ndidi and Uzoho shortlisted for 2019 Caf best XI

Gbenga Adewoye

15:25 21/11/2019

AFRICA CUP OF NATIONS QUALIFICATION
NIGERIA AFRICAN ALL STARS

The Nigerian quartet could be rewarded for their impressive displays this year, having been nominated for the continent’s best XI

Former Nigeria international Odion Ighalo, Alex Iwobi, Wilfred Ndidi and Francis Uzoho have been shortlisted for the 2019 Caf best XI.

Shanghai Greenland Shenhua striker Ighalo delivered impressive showings at this year’s
Africa Cup of Nations in Egypt .

The former Watford forward scored five goals in the competition to win the Golden Boot award and helped the Super Eagles clinch their eighth bronze medal before his retirement from international duty.

Leicester City combative midfielder, Ndidi has been a consistent performer for both club and country, finishing as the 2018-19 Premier League top tackler.

Everton midfielder Alex Iwobi and AC Omonia goalkeeper Uzoho also played key roles for the Super Eagles in Egypt and will hope to make the final team.

The Caf best XI will be announced in a ceremony on January 7, 2020.

Caf best XI

Goalkeepers: Moez Ben Cherifia, Yassine Bonnou, Mohamed El Shenaway, Sylvain Gbohouo, Rais M'bolhi, Edouard Mendy, Richard Ofori, Andre Onana, Denis Onyango, Francis Uzoho

Defenders: Youcef Atal, Serge Aurier, Mehdi Benatia, Ahmed El-Mohammadi, Lamine Gassama, Faouzi Ghoulam, Achraf Hakimi, Ahmed Hegazi, Kalidou Koulibaly, Christian Luyindama, Issa Mandi, Joel Matip, Noussair Mazraoui, Yassine Meriah, Youssouf Sabaly.

Midfielders: Andre-Frank Anguissa, Ismael Bennacer, Sofiane Feghouli, Idrissa Gueye, Tarek Hamed, Alex Iwobi, Wahbi Khazri, Naby Keita, Franck Kessie, Wilfried Ndidi, Riyad Mahrez, Thomas Partey, Mubarak Wakaso, Victor Wanyama, Hakim Ziyech.

Forwards: Pierre Emerick Aubameyang, Jordan Ayew, Anis Badri, Cedric Bakambu, Youcef Belaili, Baghdad Bounedjah, Odion Ighalo, Sadio Mane, Moussa Marega, Mbaye Niang, Nicolas Pepe, Mohamed Salah, Islam Slimani, Percy Tau,

goal com

Matip has more or less retired from international football... He hasn't played for Cameroon in over 2 years....

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:58pm On Nov 21, 2019
Danielnino00:

Gerrard, Lampard,Scholes, Rooney, A. Cole and Terry send their greetings..

Wetin Kane wan go Madrid for?

So because these great players you mentioned no leave england mean say make kane no leave england abi?

As usual he might go and flop so its better he stays there, man u should be able to buy him away from tottenham and give him a raheem sterling salary, that should be better for him, he is still the number one man in the english team and maybe any english club he will join apart from city and liverpool

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:58pm On Nov 21, 2019
Kbs468:
@ Charlesemeka85, It's good to know about Mr Tunde Adelakun and the Nff,'s activities in relation to those oversea groomed Nigerian footballers

And particularly of interest is the admission that only the Players that qualifies for the areas requiring reinforcement are on to their radar rather than turning NIGERIA into a dumping ground for all comers in the name of foreign breed irrespective of quality cum excellence

It's also Vice versa.

Your unrestricted prejudice and bias betrays you.

It works both ways the SE is not a dumping ground for players in the name of unsubstantiated unproven home grown "SPECIAL TALENT"

It's not about where you were born it's about being Nigerian and the best players are selected.

Unfortunately the subject matter is very subjective and opinionated ny many here so it's almost impossible to have clarity based strictly on merit.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:03pm On Nov 21, 2019
wink
komekn:

It's also Vice versa.

It works both ways the SE is not a dumping ground for players in the name of unsubstantiated unproven home grown "SPECIAL TALENT"

It's not about where you were born it's about being Nigerian and the best players are selected.

Unfortunately the subject matter is very subjective and opinionated ny many here so it's almost impossible to have clarity based strictly on merit.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:10pm On Nov 21, 2019
chukwunedum150:
when was Rohr mother buried? cus i've not heard anything again since her death
You dey wait for aso ebi?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 11:42pm On Nov 21, 2019
FACULTY OF CARPENTRY (SOUTH-AFRICA CAMPUS)

DEAN: Legend has it that he was born with a wood in his hands. Coming from a long line of football carpenters and manifesting same with unmatched display of carpentry. Professor Percy Tau

SUB-DEAN (Winner of the Thabo Mbeki Award for carpentry in football analysis. Legend has it that he is still taking anti-hypertensives following Nigeria's win over South-Africa in the AFCON): Dr IronGalaxy

HOD (Convener of the commission for the exchange of Football carpentry Ideas between South-Africa and France; COECSF) : Professor Lebo Mothiba

Professor (World Expert on Wood statues. Rumour has it that his proposal to build a wood statue of Jacob Zuma was rejected by Rochas Okorocha who detested Carpentry): Professor Themba Lorch

Associate Professor (He is so good at football carpentry that the Macarthur foundation started doling out Soccer carpentry grants to him): Bongani Zungu

Senior Lecturer (2 time winner of the Cyril Ramaphosa Award for "all brawn, no brain" midfield carpentry): Thulani Caleeb Serero

Lecturer I: Thamsanqa Innocent Mkhize

Lecturer II (Still has PTSD from Chukwueze's demolition Job at the AFCON): Sfiso Sandile Hlanti

Assistant Lecturer : Dean Furman

Alumni

Katlego Mphela (Alumni President)

Siphiwe Tshabalala

Bongani Khumalo

Bongani Ndulula

Emeritus Faculty:

Steven Pieenar

Mark Fish

Benny McCarthy

As usual, your suggestions are highly welcome

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:13am On Nov 22, 2019
Replace pieneer with fortune, the former was a lovely player
darkelf:

DEAN: Legend has it that he was born with a wood in his hands. Coming from a long line of football carpenters and manifesting same with unmatched display of carpentry. Professor Percy Tau

SUB-DEAN (Winner of the Thabo Mbeki Award for carpentry in football analysis. Legend has it that he is still taking anti-hypertensives following Nigeria's win over South-Africa in the AFCON): Dr IronGalaxy

HOD (Convener of the commission for the exchange of Football carpentry Ideas between South-Africa and France; COECSF) : Professor Lebo Mothiba

Professor (World Expert on Wood statues. Rumour has it that his proposal to build a wood statue of Jacob Zuma was rejected by Rochas Okorocha who detested Carpentry): Professor Themba Lorch

Associate Professor (He is so good at football carpentry that the Macarthur foundation started doling out Soccer carpentry grants to him): Bongani Zungu

Senior Lecturer (2 time winner of the Cyril Ramaphosa Award for "all brawn, no brain" midfield carpentry): Thulani Caleeb Serero

Lecturer II (Still has PTSD from Chukwueze's demolition Job at the AFCON): Sfiso Sandile Hlanti

Alumni

Siphiwe Tshabalala

Bongani Khumalo

Bongani Ndulula

Emeritus Faculty:

Steven Pieenar

Mark Fish

Benny McCarthy

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:15am On Nov 22, 2019
When re we expecting a new jersey for the National team from Nike?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IronGalaxy: 12:31am On Nov 22, 2019
darkelf:

Alumni

Siphiwe Tshabalala

Bongani Khumalo

Bongani Ndulula

Emeritus Faculty:

Steven Pieenar

Mark Fish

Benny McCarthy

what's this?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:36am On Nov 22, 2019
Make weekend reach quick...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 1:38am On Nov 22, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
Throwback Thursday....Rohr and Agali

Date is 2 Oct 2004. Coach is Gernot Rohr. MotM is Victor Agali. Team is OGC Nice.

Nigeria's Victor Agali scored three times within 10 minutes to inspire Rohr's Nice to fight back from three goals down and finally beat Ligue 1 leaders Monaco 4-3 in the principality.

Link below:
https://twitter.com/oluwashina/status/1197581218906284032?s=19

Youtube link: (In the video @ 3:14, you will see a young and Happy Gernot Rohr all smiles in a quick interview).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vxQM-J5dUQ

Courtesy: @AfricaClassic via @Oluwashina (Oluwashina Okeleji).
Wow, Deschamps wenthe ahead to win WC. Rohr gets a job where he's owned salaries and lambasted as an Olodo after coaching one of the greatest footballers ever in the World. Dis life sef, make village people no catch us.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:06am On Nov 22, 2019
grin Okay, I find this funny.... But don't underrate some people's club allegiances/crazy football passion ooo. I know of a Kenyan Man Utd fan who committed suicide not so long ago due to his club's poor run of form.

“Barcelona Fans In Lagos Threatened To Deal With Me”

After scoring the opener and putting in an excellent shift in El Grana‘s fine 2-0 defeat of Ernesto Valverde’s side at the Estadio Nuevo Los Cármenes in late September, Super Eagles midfielder Ramon Azeez has revealed that he received mixed reactions from Nigeria for his performance.

Nigeria international Ramon Azeez got on the score sheet with just two minutes on the clock and was brilliant for the whole 90 minutes as Granada claimed a thrilling 2-0 win over Barcelona. It was the Blaugrana’s second defeat of the season, having lost on La Liga’s opening day to Athletic Bilbao courtesy of a late Aritz Aduriz strike.

After scoring the opener and putting in an excellent shift in El Grana‘s fine 2-0 defeat of Ernesto Valverde’s side at the Estadio Nuevo Los Cármenes in late September, Super Eagles midfielder Ramon Azeez has revealed that he received mixed reactions from Nigeria for his performance.

Nigeria international Ramon Azeez got on the score sheet with just two minutes on the clock and was brilliant for the whole 90 minutes as Granada claimed a thrilling 2-0 win over Barcelona. It was the Blaugrana’s second defeat of the season, having lost on La Liga’s opening day to Athletic Bilbao courtesy of a late Aritz Aduriz strike.

“Before the Barcelona game, our coach told us that we just have to go out on the pitch strongly because we started the season very well,” Ramon Azeez told the Cable as monitored by Soccernet.ng.

“That we should continue with what we’ve been doing and when we started the game and within 2 minutes of play the goal came.

However, the shock Barcelona loss was received with mixed reactions in Nigeria. While many Super Eagles fans were delighted for Azeez for finally fulfilling the potentials he showed as a youth international, some other Barca fans were so hurt they threatened to ‘deal with’ the 26-year-old whenever he set foot in Lagos.

“I feel very happy that some people that never believed in us before the game called to congratulate and rejoice with us.”

“I got a lot of messages that night, some people insulted me that I cut their betting tickets. While some called to congratulate me.

“Some of my friends that are Barcelona fans called me that I scored against their team that I should not worry that it won’t be that easy next time.

“Some people even sent me messages on social media that I shouldn’t come to Lagos that if they catch me, they will deal with me.

“So, I told them that it was nothing that I just have to do my job and protect it as well.”

The former youth international earned a recall to the Super Eagles squad following a decent start to the season, making a cameo appearance in Nigeria’s 1-1 draw against Brazil during an international friendly in Singapore.

Azeez was a 78th minute substitute against Lesotho, however, providing the assist for Victor Osimhen’s last goal as Gernot Rohr’s men romped to a convincing 4-2 victory over the Crocodiles in Maseru last Sunday.

Source: SoccernetNG

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 4:13am On Nov 22, 2019
darkelf:

Alumni

Siphiwe Tshabalala

Bongani Khumalo

Bongani Ndulula

Emeritus Faculty:

Steven Pieenar

Mark Fish

Benny McCarthy

Wooow calm down oo... Put some respect on my boy Benni and Pienaar. They should be no where near any carpenter list.
I like Serero and Tau(despite how Mr Iron Galaxy overhyped him)

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:06am On Nov 22, 2019
Gernot Rohr Interview Post-Lesotho....

Gernot speaks on the Super Eagles' perfect start in the AFCON 2021 Qualifiers, the Future of the team, And also on Uzoho.... Etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2fdCdMjH18

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:12am On Nov 22, 2019
I am glad Osimhen accumulated yellows ruling him out of today's encounter with PSG, dude has had a very busy season, he deserves a break, at least to rest and get back to full fitness after that injury scare against Lesotho.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 6:23am On Nov 22, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
Gernot Rohr Interview Post-Lesotho....

Gernot speaks on the Super Eagles' perfect start in the AFCON 2021 Qualifiers, the Future of the team, And also on Uzoho.... Etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2fdCdMjH18

Chief,what's going on with d sand super eagles @ d ongoing world cup, no news about dem?

When are dey playing? And where can we watch deir games?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:26am On Nov 22, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
Throwback Thursday....Rohr and Agali

Date is 2 Oct 2004. Coach is Gernot Rohr. MotM is Victor Agali. Team is OGC Nice.

Nigeria's Victor Agali scored three times within 10 minutes to inspire Rohr's Nice to fight back from three goals down and finally beat Ligue 1 leaders Monaco 4-3 in the principality.

Link below:
https://twitter.com/oluwashina/status/1197581218906284032?s=19

Youtube link: (In the video @ 3:14, you will see a young and Happy Gernot Rohr all smiles in a quick interview).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vxQM-J5dUQ

Courtesy: @AfricaClassic via @Oluwashina (Oluwashina Okeleji).

French football was tougher in those days than it is now

See passion

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:31am On Nov 22, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
grin Okay, I find this funny.... But don't underrated some people's club allegiances/crazy football passion ooo. I know of a Kenyan Man Utd fan who committed suicide not so long ago due to his club's poor run of form.

“Barcelona Fans In Lagos Threatened To Deal With Me”

“Before the Barcelona game, our coach told us that we just have to go out on the pitch strongly because we started the season very well,” Ramon Azeez told the Cable as monitored by Soccernet.ng.

“That we should continue with what we’ve been doing and when we started the game and within 2 minutes of play the goal came.

However, the shock Barcelona loss was received with mixed reactions in Nigeria. While many Super Eagles fans were delighted for Azeez for finally fulfilling the potentials he showed as a youth international, some other Barca fans were so hurt they threatened to ‘deal with’ the 26-year-old whenever he set foot in Lagos.

“I feel very happy that some people that never believed in us before the game called to congratulate and rejoice with us.”

“I got a lot of messages that night, some people insulted me that I cut their betting tickets. While some called to congratulate me.

“Some of my friends that are Barcelona fans called me that I scored against their team that I should not worry that it won’t be that easy next time.

“Some people even sent me messages on social media that I shouldn’t come to Lagos that if they catch me, they will deal with me.

“So, I told them that it was nothing that I just have to do my job and protect it as well.”

The former youth international earned a recall to the Super Eagles squad following a decent start to the season, making a cameo appearance in Nigeria’s 1-1 draw against Brazil during an international friendly in Singapore.

Azeez was a 78th minute substitute against Lesotho, however, providing the assist for Victor Osimhen’s last goal as Gernot Rohr’s men romped to a convincing 4-2 victory over the Crocodiles in Maseru last Sunday.

Source: SoccernetNG

Imagine if Osimhen scored 2 and and Lille defeated Chelsea

Osimhen would go into hiding in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:53am On Nov 22, 2019
Well, they play their first game later today shaa.

I still never understand how a beach soccer game ended just 1-0 between Uruguay and Mexico yesterday. I need to see the highlights of that one. E shock me.

Where to watch the boys, I haven't checked that yet. But I will soon. Time should be 9.50pm according to FIFA Website.

elyte89:

Chief,what's going on with d sand super eagles @ d ongoing world cup, no news about dem?

When are dey playing? And where can we watch deir games?

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Koboko99(m): 7:18am On Nov 22, 2019
darkelf:

Alumni

Siphiwe Tshabalala

Bongani Khumalo

Bongani Ndulula

Emeritus Faculty:

Steven Pieenar

Mark Fish

Benny McCarthy

Please remove Benni McCarthy and Steven Pienaar from the list. Those guys ain't carpenters.

However, you can add these highly skilled carpenters to the list.

Themba Zwane
Tokelo Ranti
Sibusiso Vilakazi
Reneilwe Letsholonyane (fine rasta man)
Anele Ngcongca
Matthew Booth
Oupa Manyisa
Andile Jali
Hlompho Jelena
Thabo Matlaba
George Lebese.....infact the list is too long.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 7:20am On Nov 22, 2019
NASARAWA UNITED vs PLATEAU UNITED Match MARRED As Crowd Invade Football Pitch

Published yesterday at 09:53 PM by: Olusanya Akinrinola

Hosts Nasarawa United Football Club and Plateau United Football Club of Jos on Wednesday in Lafia ended their Match Day 4 clash 1-1, with an orgy of violence trailing the game.

After the game at the Lafia Township Stadium, the Match Commissioner, Centre Referee and the two Assistant Referees were among those who suffered attacks.

Also, Bala Nikyu, the Head Coach of Nasarawa United, was among victims of the attacks instigated by fans who felt that the match had been poorly officiated.

Players and officials of Plateau United FC were forced into the middle of the pitch till police reinforcements were in place to ensure their safety out of the stadium.

Even before the end of the 2019/2020 Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) fixture, tension had heightened in the spectators stands.

There was agitation among the home club fans about the club’s poor performance since the beginning of the new season, and a good result was needed to douse tension.

When Nasarawa United’s Anas Yusuf scored in the 43rd minute, it seemed possible the home side would record their first win of the season.

But a glancing header by Mustapha Ibrahim made it 1-1 in the 54th minute to change the match’s complexion and for the fans to begin to express their frustration verbally.

NAN reports that the situation got worse with centre referee Bashir Salihu’s decision to overlook a tackle on a Nasarawa United player in their opponents’ penalty area late during the game.

The angry home fans were then joined by other fans who trooped into the stadium after the match ended, throwing stones, chairs and other objects at the referees.

It was during the attack on the match officials that an object hit the head of Nikyu, who was then quickly attended to by the club’s medical team.

In a reaction, Eche Amos, the Media Officer of Nasarawa United, who expressed sadness over the incident, blamed poor officiating for the violent melee.

“It’s quite unfortunate what happened today, but I think that our referees need to up their game, because part of what caused this situation is poor officiating,” he said.

A Nasarawa United FC supporter, who preferred anonymity, said that aside the poor officiating, the fans were also reacting to the way “Nasarawa United players had been treated in away fixtures recently’’.

“In Katsina where we (the club) played an away match recently, they threatened to kill our players and the referees if the home side did not win the match there.

“Because of that, two penalty kicks were awarded to the Katsina United team and they won. Why will anyone then expect us to watch and not do anything? It is not possible.

“If this league must move forward, there must be fairness both for away and home teams so that even if you lose at home, you can still have hope that if you go away and play well, you will win,’’ he said.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Rockyrascal(m): 7:28am On Nov 22, 2019
Gonna tell my kids I watched this match.

1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 7:41am On Nov 22, 2019
“In Katsina where we (the club) (NASARAWA UNITED) played an away match recently, they threatened to kill our players and the referees if the home side did not win the match there.

“Because of that, two penalty kicks were awarded to the Katsina United team and they won. Why will anyone then expect us to watch and not do anything? It is not possible

@ DrLikita12, Odunayaw and others with interest in the NPFL, The about statement is exactly the view and standpoint of every supporter, Coache and management of all the Clubs participating in the LMC organized NPFL.

I mean, it's the case of you do me- I do you, Man no go vex according to P-Square Hit back in those days.

How do One expect The Nigerian football to move forward and attain the desired lofty height targeted?

It's a pity that we are still Where we are at present in this age that world Football had seriously metamorphosed beyond what our League system is experiencing.

Worst of it all is that this is still happening inspite of the recent Next TV Broadcast agreement reached already?

Is it this kinds of messages that we shall be relaying to the rest of world? In the name of quality Football and spirit of sportsmanship?

It's simply a pity, pathetic and agonizing picture from NIGERIA at this age. I weep and remain saddened at this time already absolutely. cry cry cry cry cry cry embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 7:50am On Nov 22, 2019
Please tune in to Human right Radio and Television now and straight away.

On 101.1 fm station if you live around Abuja and just Google Brekete TV and stream live

Or search Brekete TV on YouTube

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:52am On Nov 22, 2019
Meet me at the bar.
komekn:

It's also Vice versa.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:56am On Nov 22, 2019
darkelf:

Alumni

Siphiwe Tshabalala

Bongani Khumalo

Bongani Ndulula

Emeritus Faculty:

Steven Pieenar

Mark Fish

Benny McCarthy

Remove pienaar and McCarthy

(1) (2) (3) ... (7741) (7742) (7743) (7744) (7745) (7746) (7747) ... (16150) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: forgiveness and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.