Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,842 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7746) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11659216 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7743) (7744) (7745) (7746) (7747) (7748) (7749) ... (16149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 10:07am On Nov 22, 2019
Koboko99:

MC Galaxy abi paper galaxy... Relax man, they are not players, they are carpenters wearing jerseys and parading themselves as players.

We are only trying to help you identy them....you're welcome.

We have a list for the Nigerian, CIV and Ghana branch of carpenters but you didn't see that I guess. You've become the ultimate defender and watchman for South Africa on nairaland and believe me you suck at it.

We have your watchman cousin from UK here on this thread. You urgently need to contact him on tips to be an effective watchman and defender of the southies. Udo!!!

Chai, See finishing.

Guy, your head dey there Jo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:12am On Nov 22, 2019
darkelf:

In that vein, it is also a possibility that Osimhen will flop if he comes to Tottenham . That's komekn's point. In fact, that reminds me.....Osimhen hasn't scored in his last 4 consecutive ligue 1 matches. I hope the flopping hasn't started already.

Abeg, na joke I dey ooo cheesy grin

But seriously, Osimhen needs a long rest and its affecting his game a little. That's the reason we need a deputy for him in the SE. Unfortunately, even Onuachu is a Professor of Carpentry

Please if you have an opinion give it.

But don't use me as a reference point, now tell me where I said Osimhen will flop in the EPL.

It seems you are scared to criticise the fans favourite here,

Many players have played in the week long international break. And immediately started for thier clubs, they didn't need a rest.

Why would Osimhen need a rest he is not injured.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 10:17am On Nov 22, 2019
komekn:

Please if you have an opinion give it.

But don't use me as a reference point, now tell me where I said Osimhen will flop in the EPL.

It seems you are scared to criticise the fans favourite here,

Many players have played in the week long international break. And immediately started for thier clubs, they didn't need a rest.

Why would Osimhen need a rest he is not injured.

Sorry, I used you to make a point. I have learnt my lessons:

1. You're unstable in your opinions and you use big words to cover up your lies.

2. You are so quick to defend anything English even if they aren't Nigerians or even blacks. An English man can hardly do any wrong in your eyes and you go as far as writing epistles to prove your pointless points.

This will be the first and last I will ever mention or quote you bro. You ain't worth my precious seconds. Good luck defending mediocrity. grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 10:23am On Nov 22, 2019
andrewbaba44:

Lol who said osimhen will tear it up at Barca or Bayern ? Not me ,you haven’t been following my comments

Yes Kane will not flop,but hope you know Michael Owen was not the same at Madrid as he was at Liverpool ?

Anyway I said he might go and flop but your ear don stand as Na British player ,I am sure if it’s another player you won’t come here to defend him

Am sure you never expected hazard to have a slow Madrid start
Owen's case is a bit different. He had Raul, R9, and Morientes ahead of him yet Perez went and signed him. That move pissed Camacho off.
Owen still had the best goals per minute record in Madrid that season if I'm not mistaken.
Kane sef I'm looking at him with one eye... This last injury he had has taken something from him Sha... Can't put my finger on it.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:24am On Nov 22, 2019
Koboko99:

Please remove Benni McCarthy and Steven Pienaar from the list. Those guys ain't carpenters.

However, you can add these highly skilled carpenters to the list.

Themba Zwane
Tokelo Ranti
Sibusiso Vilakazi
Reneilwe Letsholonyane (fine rasta man)
Anele Ngcongca
Matthew Booth
Oupa Manyisa
Andile Jali
Hlompho Jelena
Thabo Matlaba
George Lebese.....infact the list is too long.

I don't know the rest but Steven Pienaar l know very well and he waa a technically gifted player and a fans favourite at Everton.

Very very nice guy too.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:26am On Nov 22, 2019
edi287:

Owen's case is a bit different. He had Raul, R9, and Morientes ahead of him yet Perez went and signed him. That move pissed Camacho off.
Owen still had the best goals per minute record in Madrid that season if I'm not mistaken.
Kane sef I'm looking at him with one eye... This last injury he had has taken something from him Sha... Can't put my finger on it.

Kane is an excellent striker.

However, you have to play a certain way too accommodate him. But when you do goals are guaranteed for sure, irrespective of the league.

Only thing he lacks is pace.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 10:31am On Nov 22, 2019
komekn:

However, you have to play a certain way too accommodate him. But when you do goals are guaranteed for sure, irrespective of the league.

Yep... Pace.
I don't think he can be a playmaking number 9 like Benzema is. The good thing is he and Benzema can both play together.
Have you noticed he isn't as mobile as before since his last injury?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:31am On Nov 22, 2019
darkelf:

Sorry, I used you to make a point. I have learnt my lessons:

1. You're unstable in your opinions and you use big words to cover up your lies.

2. You are so quick to defend anything English even if they aren't Nigerians or even blacks. An English man can hardly do any wrong in your eyes and you go as far as writing epistles to prove your pointless points.

This will be the first and last I will ever mention or quote you bro. You ain't worth my precious seconds. Good luck defending mediocrity. grin grin

You have used that word LIES you use it carelessly and without reference to anything.

You used me to make a point that the Hallelujah choristers on this thread use as basis to call someone a HATER.

Ask me for my opinion and l will give it.

As for the claim that you are scared is comedic tongue and cheek to you.

If l am to be truthful IMO you are one of the VERY VERY FEW on this thread that says things as they are without FEAR or FAVOUR.

I commend you for staying your course.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 10:33am On Nov 22, 2019
Koboko99:

Please remove Benni McCarthy and Steven Pienaar from the list. Those guys ain't carpenters.

However, you can add these highly skilled carpenters to the list.

Themba Zwane
Tokelo Ranti
Sibusiso Vilakazi
Reneilwe Letsholonyane (fine rasta man)
Anele Ngcongca
Matthew Booth
Oupa Manyisa
Andile Jali
Hlompho Jelena
Thabo Matlaba
George Lebese.....infact the list is too long.
The Pirates fan in me will not agree to Jali and Manyisa.
I stopped liking Rantie after what he did to Omeruo back in 2015 AFCON qualifiers.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:35am On Nov 22, 2019
komekn:

na the same thing we dey talk for Iheanacho grin

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:38am On Nov 22, 2019
edi287:

Yep... Pace.
I don't think he can be a playmaking number 9 like Benzema is. The good thing is he and Benzema can both play together.
Have you noticed he isn't as mobile as before since his last injury?

I think he can in the world cup he dropped deep lack of pace couldn't keep up with Rashford and Raheem. So he played essentially as an AM creating chances for the faster forwards

This is where Tega Abrahams is going to give him some serious competition for that number 9 role.

Tega too has been consistently consistent over the last three seasons and is getting better. But Tega has pace. I don't know how fast he is because he's so tall and his stride so long. It's only when you see shorter player alongside him busting a gut to keep up that you realise how fast he is.

Only time will tell
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 10:39am On Nov 22, 2019
komekn:

You have used that word LIES you use it carelessly and without reference to anything.

You used me to make a point that the Hallelujah choristers on this thread use as basis to call someone a HATER.

Ask me for my opinion and l will give it.

As for the claim that you are scared is comedic tongue and cheek to you.

If l am to be truthful IMO you are one of the VERY VERY FEW on this thread that says things as they are without FEAR or FAVOUR.

I commend you for staying your course.

I apologize for loosing my temper. It really is unlike me. I respect some of your submissions. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:40am On Nov 22, 2019
safarigirl:
na the same thing we dey talk for Iheanacho grin

You can't compare Kane to KC come on that's not a comparison.

Bea reasonable in addition Kane may lack pace but he's more adaptable to different styles of football. And he can finish with eyes closed both feet.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:41am On Nov 22, 2019
darkelf:

I apologize for loosing my temper. It really is unlike me. I respect some of your submissions. Thanks

grin grin grin. Appreciated
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 10:45am On Nov 22, 2019
komekn:

I think he can in the world cup he dropped deep lack of pace couldn't keep up with Rashford and Raheem. So he played essentially as an AM creating chances for the faster forwards

This is where Tega Abrahams is going to give him some serious competition for that number 9 role.

Tega too has been consistently consistent over the last three seasons and is getting better. But Tega has pace. I don't know how fast he is because he's so tall and his stride so long. It's only when you see shorter player alongside him busting a gut to keep up that you realise how fast he is.

Only time will tell
Good thing is he has ambidexterity and clinical finishing on his side.
If he goes to Madrid to be a play making 9, he's not benching Benzema anytime soon.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IronGalaxy: 10:55am On Nov 22, 2019
Koboko99:

MC Galaxy abi paper galaxy... Relax man, they are not players, they are carpenters wearing jerseys and parading themselves as players.

We are only trying to help you identy them....you're welcome.

We have a list for the Nigerian, CIV and Ghana branch of carpenters but you didn't see that I guess. You've become the ultimate defender and watchman for South Africa on nairaland and believe me you suck at it.

We have your watchman cousin from UK here on this thread. You urgently need to contact him on tips to be an effective watchman and defender of the southies. Udo!!!

Can you honestly blame me when you all do is insult ?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Rockyrascal(m): 11:31am On Nov 22, 2019
Kbs468:

Bros.

1. Which Match did you watch?

2. Where you watch am?

3. Live or on TV?

4. On YouTube or which sports Link?

5. Where precisely did the Match take place?

6. When? Which year that is?

7. What category of the FIFA organized tournament was it?

8. I mean, was it U17? U20? U23?

9. Or Does it involved the GREEN EAGLES or the SUPER EAGLES

10. What particular Player or Players actually featured in that Match?

11. Was it even a friendly Match?

12. Why was it not being documented and referenced like other great Matches?

Even the ban rumor on INDIA over the said Match was never True. The only time INDIA was actually banned was in 1950 World cup over their refusal to play football with boots while seeking to play barefooted

Look, I actually believed this same story too back then while growing up and up till the early 90's, No one and I repeat, No one till date ever has provided anything answer or answers to the above questions.

You scared me grin cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:32am On Nov 22, 2019
edi287:

Good thing is he has ambidexterity and clinical finishing on his side.
If he goes to Madrid to be a play making 9, he's not benching Benzema anytime soon.

Madrid does not need a playmaking 9 with the absence of C. Ronaldo, they need a scoring 9 and Kane is miles ahead of Benzema in that regard

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 11:59am On Nov 22, 2019
Eartquake1:

Madrid does not need a playmaking 9 with the absence of C. Ronaldo, they need a scoring 9 and Kane is miles ahead of Benzema in that regard
Kane is still not an Upgrade on Benzema of the last two seasons all round. Benzema has been scoring more since CR7 left.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:12pm On Nov 22, 2019
edi287:

Kane is still not an Upgrade on Benzema of the last two seasons all round. Benzema has been scoring more since CR7 left.

Wow can you compare Benzema's to Kane's records over the last four seasons?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 12:32pm On Nov 22, 2019
Eartquake1:

Wow can you compare Benzema's to Kane's records over the last four seasons?
Benzema has been better over the last 2 seasons.
He has a new role now and it's showing in his stats. 30 goals last season and 11 already this season.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:40pm On Nov 22, 2019
Former international Sani Kaita has told SCORENigeria the present Super Eagles could achieve more than the country’s Golden Generation of 1994, who won the AFCON and reached the knockout rounds of the World Cup.

Kaita, who featured for Nigeria at 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa, said the current team are packed with talented youngsters who can be whatever they want to be as a team.

“The present Super Eagles are a very young team, with great talented players. We all need to be patient with them, as there are no easy games these days. I believe they will make us all proud. Let’s keep supporting them,” he told SCORENigeria

“These Eagles have all it takes to even do better than the team of 1994, who are regarded as the best-ever to represent Nigeria.

“But in all honesty, I don’t think they will have the commitment of the boys 1994, let’s just hope they will step up in this direction because I have no doubt the quality is there already.”

The Eagles placed third at this year’s AFCON in Egypt and featured at the group stage of last year’s World Cup in Russia.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 12:59pm On Nov 22, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Former international Sani Kaita has told SCORENigeria the present Super Eagles could achieve more than the country’s Golden Generation of 1994, who won the AFCON and reached the knockout rounds of the World Cup.

Kaita, who featured for Nigeria at 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa, said the current team are packed with talented youngsters who can be whatever they want to be as a team.

“The present Super Eagles are a very young team, with great talented players. We all need to be patient with them, as there are no easy games these days. I believe they will make us all proud. Let’s keep supporting them,” he told SCORENigeria

“These Eagles have all it takes to even do better than the team of 1994, who are regarded as the best-ever to represent Nigeria.

“But in all honesty, I don’t think they will have the commitment of the boys 1994, let’s just hope they will step up in this direction because I have no doubt the quality is there already.”

The Eagles placed third at this year’s AFCON in Egypt and featured at the group stage of last year’s World Cup in Russia.

A visiting professor of football carpentry

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:01pm On Nov 22, 2019
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy carpenter of all carpenters
darkelf:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:32pm On Nov 22, 2019
Celta Vigo are the latest club being linked with a move for former Everton player Henry Onyekuru in the January transfer window.

Turkish media outlet Ajansspor claims Celta Vigo are on the trail of the Nigeria international but have to see off competition from Galatasaray to sign the Monaco striker.

Onyekuru has failed to live up to expectations since his summer move to the Principality outfit, making just two starts in Ligue 1 with no goals to his name and could be shipped off on loan in the winter transfer market.

The likes of Gelson Martins, Ben Yedder, Baldé and Islam Slimani are ahead of the Nigerian in manager Leonardo Jardim's pecking order of strikers at Monaco.

Despite his limited playing opportunities, Onyekuru is not lacking suitors with CSKA Moscow and Lokomotiv Moscow also credited with an interest in the 22-year-old.

Celta Vigo have scored the least number of goals in La Liga this season, seven in total from 13 games, and might consider signing a striker in January.

Onyekuru showed his goalscoring credentials at Eupen, RSC Anderlecht and Galatasaray, netting 56 goals in 132 competitive matches.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 1:48pm On Nov 22, 2019
Just one question

are you sure you are not the president general of APCA ( Association of Professional capental of Africa) ?

darkelf:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:48pm On Nov 22, 2019
edi287:

Not that Owen even flopped at Madrid self ,he was not just that Owen at Liverpool

Yes you have a point Owen case is different sha ,me just dey give small example
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:49pm On Nov 22, 2019
komekn:

You are confused and you have confused yourself. Must you comment on everything when you have nothing of substance to say.

Let me quote you verbatim

As usual he might go and flop so its better he stays there

Now below my comments to you verbatim ;

Well not neccesarily you but many here.

You completely contradict yourself and then you digress with talk of Hazard. Then to make it worse you bring in opinionated garbage about supposed support for English players.

Unfortunately this is very common here. But what's disappointing is some who claim to be educated acting like village headmasters. No attention to diction or detail.

This your long epistle no make sense

Dey go straight to the point at times and stop all this long thing

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:50pm On Nov 22, 2019
darkelf:

Hmmmm....you have a point but I think Owen was plagued with Injuries. As for Hazard, it seems like a village people case similar to Coutinho.

Lol

Owen didn’t flop sha ,but I meant he was not that Owen of Liverpool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:51pm On Nov 22, 2019
Ighalo scores for club.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:08pm On Nov 22, 2019
BascoVanVeli:
Ighalo scores for club.

And I was conversing with him yesterday

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 2:16pm On Nov 22, 2019
andrewbaba44:

He should not be scared to move if so

Hope you remember Michael Owen was not the same Liverpool Owen at Madrid ?

Yes he won’t flop but never say never

Hazard is yet to find laliga easy
Owen wasn't a flop tho he wasn't just settled. Was behind R9 and Raul in the perking order but still finished with about 16 league goals

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7743) (7744) (7745) (7746) (7747) (7748) (7749) ... (16149) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89, Philosopher1979 and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.