Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,070 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7939) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11653706 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7936) (7937) (7938) (7939) (7940) (7941) (7942) ... (16147) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jargooflife912(m): 1:10pm On Dec 11, 2019
edi287:

Is he a tribalist for insulting Zuby or what?
The guy always turn almost every argument on this thread to tribalism issue the other day I said Semi Ajayi is Nigeria Best defender at the moment the next he said was which part of the country I comes from

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 1:14pm On Dec 11, 2019
komekn:

Well your going to have too seek medical attention because your going to get very bitter and poisoned from reading them.

But you seem addicted and cant help yourself.
You must feel you have typed something coherent ba grin
Meanwhile it is "have to seek" not "too".

Such an attention seeker

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:21pm On Dec 11, 2019
Edopesin:

don't tell me you don't see sense in what he, Komekn are saying na
it's good to be patriotic but make we talk true when we see one
there is no sense in it.

What does it mean for a player to be in form?

Is it by playing games consistently for a long period of time?

No

Being in form, is putting in GOOD PEFORMANCES CONSISTENTLY. Being In form means that when they CALL you today, you will put in good numbers, and if they call you again in TWO weeks, you will still put in good numbers. Being in form, is not about the number of games played, it is the level of impact in a game.

There was a time Smalling was consistently in the Man United line-up and consistently gave woeful performances, will you say he is in form because he has been playing regularly?

I Repeat, there is no sense in what they have been saying, especially as regards Iheanacho. They are talking UTTER NONSENSE, coated in emotive bias and PREJUDICE

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:21pm On Dec 11, 2019
edi287:

Is he a tribalist for insulting Zuby or what?

Not zuby

You should know it’s not zuby ,I don’t know why you are asking me
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 1:32pm On Dec 11, 2019
START VOTING NOW!

NAIRALAND NIGERIAN FOOTBALL FANS AWARDS 2019

Vote for only one player in each award category by simply mentioning ONLY the name of that player under the category. Eg:
1. Nigerian Player of the Year:
Xxxxx Xxxxxx
2. NPFL player of the Year:
Xxxxx Xxxxxx.
You may quote/copy and edit this post to make it an easier process for you.

PLEASE COPY THE MONIKERS COPIED AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST

Voting Closes on the 16th of December, 2019 @ 6PM (Nig Time)

Full List of Nominees:

1. Nigerian Player of the Year:
- Victor Osimhen
- Odion Ighalo
- Wilfred Ndidi

2. NPFL player of the Year:
- Ifeanyi Anaemena
- Mfon Udoh
- Theophilus Afelokhai

3. Most Impactful New Inclusion (2019):
- Joe Ayodele-Aribo
- Dennis Emmanuel Bonaventure
- Maduka Okoye

4. Best Ogedengbe Super Eagles Best Goal Keeper of the Year:
- Francis Uzoho
- Daniel Akpeyi
- Maduka Okoye

5. Stephen Keshi Best Defender of the Year:
- William Troost-Ekong
- Kenneth Omeruo
- Ola Aina

6. Samuel Okwaraji Best Midfielder of the Year:
- Wilfred Ndidi
- Joe Ayodele-Aribo
- Alex Iwobi

7. Rashidi Yekini Best Attacking player of the Year:
- Odion Ighalo
- Victor Osimhen
- Samuel Chukwueze

8. Most improved player (2019):
- Victor Osimhen
- Ola Aina
- Chidozie Awaziem

9. Young Player of the Year (U-21):
- Francis Uzoho
- Victor Osimhen
- Samuel Chukwueze

10. Best performing Foreign born Prospect of the year:
-Eberechi Ezeh
- Cyriel Dessers
- Ovie Edjaria

11. Super Falcons Player of the Year:
- Chiamaka Nnadozie
- Azeezat Oshoala
- Francisca Ordega

12. Super Eagles Goal of the Year:
- Samuel Kalu vs Benin( 2021 AFCON qualifiers)
- Paul Onuachu vs Egypt (Friendly)
- Joe Aribo vs Brazil (Friendly)

13. Best assist of the Year:
- Osimhen for Chukwueze versus Lesotho ( 2021 AFCON qualifiers)
- Aina for Ighalo vs Burundi (2019 AFCON)
- Musa for Ighalo vs Cameroon ( 2019 AFCON)

14. National Team of the Year:
- The Super Falcons
- The Super Eagles
- The Golden Eaglets

CC: Tbaba1234, Safarigirl, Komekn, Bascovanveli, TheSuperNerd, Andrewbaba44, forgiveness, Icon4s.[/b]
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 1:37pm On Dec 11, 2019
Pep have repeatedly said his squad isn't ready to win the UCL despite being one of the most expensive in Europe but when Rhor said our squad isn't good enough to win the AFCON many people here started foaming in the mouth

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:41pm On Dec 11, 2019
jargooflife912:
The guy always turn almost every argument on this thread to tribalism issue the other day I said Semi Ajayi is Nigeria Best defender at the moment the next he said was which part of the country I comes from

If you want to attack me quote me and attack me

I know you didn’t see where he insulted me ,now all of you are behind me asking silly questions to make it look like I insulted him first because you saw where I wrote tribalist

If you don’t want to be insulted then don’t insult someone ,according to you,you remembered I attacked you concerning semi Ajayi but you didn’t see where the person I called tribalist attacked me abi

Very funny set of people

Next time quote me ,don’t hide behind my back to play a victim
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:46pm On Dec 11, 2019
jihday:
Pep have repeatedly said his squad isn't ready to win the UCL despite being one of the most expensive in Europe but when Rhor said our squad isn't good enough to win the AFCON many people here started foaming in the mouth

Mind games from pep

A football fan should it’s same as rohr

Even the coaches that said their own squad is ready to win the afcon ended up not winning it

It’s a normal thing in football

Many people here said rohr was not ambitious because of this
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 1:49pm On Dec 11, 2019
Edopesin:

don't tell me you don't see sense in what he, Komekn are saying na
it's good to be patriotic but make we talk true when we see one

I see sense in a few of Komekn's posts bit to say iheanacho isn't in form now is wrong on so many levels.

I mean, in those 4 games he played, he hardly started and when he did, he didn't play for 90 mins yet he has registered 4 goals and 2 beautiful assists.

I used to be a staunch critic of KC Nacho and the likes. I'd you think say I dey lie, ask kellycute, thesupernerd et al.....but truth must be told. Nacho is really hot now

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 1:51pm On Dec 11, 2019
safarigirl:
there is no sense in it.

What does it mean for a player to be in form?

Is it by playing games consistently for a long period of time?

No

Being in form, is putting in GOOD PEFORMANCES CONSISTENTLY. Being In form means that when they CALL you today, you will put in good numbers, and if they call you again in TWO weeks, you will still put in good numbers. Being in form, is not about the number of games played, it is the level of impact in a game.

There was a time Smalling was consistently in the Man United line-up and consistently gave woeful performances, will you say he is in form because he has been playing regularly?

I Repeat, there is no sense in what they have been saying, especially as regards Iheanacho. They are talking UTTER NONSENSE, coated in emotive bias and PREJUDICE
That shameless man will still come and try to wriggle his dirty self out of this. Y'all try o with putting up with him

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 1:54pm On Dec 11, 2019
komekn:

The subject is Senegal national team in comparison too the Nigerian team.

The word in form is indicative of performance levels and essentially which players are better. I have used the top five league as the benchmark.

Keita Baldé do we have any winger close to him because better is not part of the equation.

Our best performing player Victor is on par with Habib. It would be unfair to compare him to Mane that's not in discussion.

Defensively can any of our defenders be compared to Koulibaly answer NO. Then can with objectivity conclusively say our defenders better than Salif at Schalke 04, his consistency tells the story. You may debate.

Midfield Gueye and Ndidi are to me on par it's a question of preference who you think is better.

You would notice there are two Senegalese players among the top goal scorer in the French league.

Ismaila Sarr is a winger who plays for Watford outstanding in the French league last season with 8 goals. Scored one goal in the EPL. Nonetheless, which of our wingers is clearly better. Open to debate by preference.

My view that on paper Senegal has more quality in depth than we do.If you want to add the multiple options they have just from the French league one alone it's probably and potentially about 50 active players at least who are cutting it.

However, winning a competitive game of football against Senegal it's not so simple, we could win albeit it unlikely.

Finally, who is the clown here look at the deductions you have made. Must you have to insult and be derogatory.

You just listed names without even checking thier stats. The Keita Balde you claimed none of our wingers come close to has been outscored this season by Moses Simon and has the same number of goals has Chukwueze. Infact on current form Sarr wouldn't make Super Eagles squad. Fact!!!

The Same Salif Sane you claim to be in better form than our defenders haven't played in the last 4 games for his club because he's injured. It's obvious you don't watch any other thing than English Leagues.

Then your baised self claim to be objective yet you intentionally left out Josh Maja who is 2 goals behind Niang when you screenshoted Ligue one top scorers.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 1:55pm On Dec 11, 2019
andrewbaba44:

Mind games from pep

A football fan should it’s same as rohr

Even the coaches that said their own squad is ready to win the afcon ended up not winning it

It’s a normal thing in football

Many people here said rohr was not ambitious because of this
I sure know it's mind game, it's one of the major points people have used to criticise Rhor, that he's killing their confidence
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:05pm On Dec 11, 2019
jihday:
I sure know it's mind game, it's one of the major points people have used to criticise Rhor, that he's killing their confidence

No mind dem jare

But dem no go see so for pep o

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:09pm On Dec 11, 2019
Olulong:

You just listed names without even checking thier stats. The Keita Balde you claimed none of our wingers come close to has been outscored this season by Moses Simon and has the same number of goals has Chukwueze. Infact on current form Sarr wouldn't make Super Eagles squad. Fact!!!

The Same Salif Sane you claim to be in better form than our defenders haven't played in the last 4 games for his club because he's injured. It's obvious you don't watch any other thing than English Leagues.

Then your baised self claim to be objective yet you intentionally left out Josh Maja who is 2 goals behind Niang when you screenshoted Ligue one top scorers.

I remember saying one of our defender is better than salif sane maybe ekong or some other person, and our left Aina better than sabaly

About 2 or 3 people disagree with me here, its too bad i forgot
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CoolJulian: 2:10pm On Dec 11, 2019
Lol... So some people still make Iheanacho topic of argument?... Make una chill, abeg.

And please, though Komekn can be really annoying, let's not be tempted to discard his point of view(or any other person's), because there lies some truth in them.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 2:11pm On Dec 11, 2019
andrewbaba44:

Not zuby

CHARLES is one of the least tribal folks here.....

Please that accusation does not follow...
Moreover Zubby is of the same ethnic group with Him....

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CoolJulian: 2:18pm On Dec 11, 2019
darkelf:

I see sense in a few of Komekn's posts bit to say iheanacho isn't in form now is wrong on so many levels.

I mean, in those 4 games he played, he hardly started and when he did, he didn't play for 90 mins yet he has registered 4 goals and 2 beautiful assists.

I used to be a staunch critic of KC Nacho and the likes. I'd you think say I dey lie, ask kellycute, thesupernerd et al.....but truth must be told. Nacho is really hot now

Wow... I've really been in the dark recently, you mean KC has really been impressing lately? That'd be really cool... Hope he keeps it up.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:19pm On Dec 11, 2019
Humility017:

Please that accusation does not follow...
Moreover Zubby is of the same ethnic group with Him....

I did not accuse charles of being tribalist because of zuby, i called him a tribalist because of his past, you can defend him as others , as for me i am not surprised by you all

I know you saw where he attacked me first and you ignored, so why are you quoting me because you saw me call him a tribalist? if where he attacked me is not your business then me calling him a tribalist should never be your business sir

I was having a decent argument with super nerd, you can go back and even check it , i told super nerd that (But ekong don chop goals this season sha oo) before i know the so called charles came from no where insulting me saying i am bringing a player down, lol

I can hit my chest that i am the least person that will bring down a player, ekong that i was saying if he continues the way he is playing he will end up at napoli or roma which are better clubs than udinese

But we all know if there is any one good in bringing down a player its charles who always insult and make fun of zuby but i am sure there is nothing wrong in that as far as the name is charles and not andrew

Yes i insulted him and call him a tribalist, if you see anything wrong in that then tell him to learn how to have a decent argument

You guys should not just come here an annoy me ooo, all in the name of defending, maybe your favorite

I watched many of you attacked and even insulted me because of what i said about Anthony Joshua, but i kept quiet maybe because i was wrong

But sir please you better respect your self oooo grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gustav25: 2:22pm On Dec 11, 2019
Atypical of a beer parlour...get drunk , talk alot of baloney and then fight . These akpu and ewedu eating drunks must always entertain me even when I don't need it

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Provoker(m): 2:28pm On Dec 11, 2019
komekn:

This is at the heart of the matter and the cause of so much unnecessary contention.

The term IN- FORM.

It's being used loosely and with ambiguity and without any structure or unit of measurement.

What do you define IN-FORM to be ❓

From my perspective IN- FORM is in reference to consistent performance over a period. Whether thar performance is Outstanding and top quality in comparison is also linked to the term IN-FORM. Therefore context comes into it as well.

We then consider matters in comparison, context and rational even reasonable.

Is it therefore logical in the context of football to say after a player has played 3/4 games he is now in an in form player.

Most leagues across Europe well at least the top five will by now have played on average 15/16 games.

From those 15/16 games when a player has been perfoming with a consistent curve of performance by aggregate. We can then make an informed decision on how well the player has done i.e. above average, very good, excellent, etc and then say he is IN-FORM.

But it seems what many are saying here is that by just playing in a game you are IN-FORM irrespective of your performance.

For example Ndidi, Osimhen are the first choice players for thier teams and in comparison to thier league which is a top 5 league in Europe have been consistently delivering quality top performances playing almost all games in thier leagues. And are therefore IN-FORM.

How many other Nigerian players can we say this of in the top 5 leagues in Europe. Maybe Aina, Iwobi and Chukwueze who else❓

Now look at the Senegalese players two among the top goal scorer in the French league. One playing for PSG. Another considered the best defender in the world transfer speculation hitting £100 million and of course Mane. Then Salif Sane scored two goals as a CB this season in the Bundesliga.

So which national team has more top quality consistent outstanding players that's what the term IN-FORM clearly implies.

? ❓

semi ajayi has scored more goals than salif sane as a CB this season

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by simiife: 2:30pm On Dec 11, 2019
I'm waiting for the argument to die down before i present my case before the members of this honorable thread.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sportilitica: 2:37pm On Dec 11, 2019
CoolJulian:
Lol... So some people still make Iheanacho topic of argument?... Make una chill, abeg.

And please, though Komekn can be really annoying, let's not be tempted to discard his point of view(or any other person's), because there lies some truth in them.
He is largely disliked here so even if he types the truth, no one wants to see it. They just assume all he said is a lie.
We all forget that if all the players he advocates play for the SUPER Eagles, it is still Nigeria that it favours on the long run.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:40pm On Dec 11, 2019
simiife:
I'm waiting for the argument to die down before i present my case before the members of this honorable thread.

The argument is only on the noisy floor of the outer chamber of the building.

Come inside the inner chamber to present your case.

We are quietly seated and listening. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jargooflife912(m): 2:49pm On Dec 11, 2019
andrewbaba44:

If you want to attack me quote me and attack me

I know you didn’t see where he insulted me ,now all of you are behind me asking silly questions to make it look like I insulted him first because you saw where I wrote tribalist

If you don’t want to be insulted then don’t insult someone ,according to you,you remembered I attacked you concerning semi Ajayi but you didn’t see where the person I called tribalist attacked me abi

Very funny set of people

Next time quote me ,don’t hide behind my back to play a victim
you are not the one I was referring to it was the charlesemeka guy

charlesemeka85:
he is better than ekong? shocked

what part of the country re you from?

this is quote I was talking about
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jargooflife912(m): 2:50pm On Dec 11, 2019
Sportilitica:

He is largely disliked here so even if he types the truth, no one wants to see it. They just assume all he said is a lie.
We all forget that if all the players he advocates play for the SUPER Eagles, it is still Nigeria that it favours on the long run.
including Solanke?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:54pm On Dec 11, 2019
jargooflife912:
you are not the one I was referring to it was the charlesemeka guy

this is quote I was talking about

My apologies bro

As you quoted someone that was questioning me

Once again, Am so sorry for getting you wrong
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jargooflife912(m): 2:56pm On Dec 11, 2019
Humility017:

Please that accusation does not follow... Moreover Zubby is of the same ethnic group with Him....
Charles is the most tribalist on this thread I know what I'm saying
I said Semi Ajayi is Nigeria best defender this was his reply
charlesemeka85:
he is better than ekong? shocked
what part of the country re you from?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 2:56pm On Dec 11, 2019
Certain "trolls" are trying WAY too hard to get attention... It's starting to get boring now.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 2:59pm On Dec 11, 2019
edi287:
Certain "trolls" are trying WAY too hard to get attention... It's starting to get boring now.
lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:06pm On Dec 11, 2019
try and invest the amount of time you waste here in getting a job or doing something productive. you really need to grow up and stop being a pussy.

i learnt uber is hiring!
andrewbaba44:

Not zuby

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:08pm On Dec 11, 2019
charlesemeka85:
try and invest the amount of time you waste here in getting a job or doing something productive. you really need to grow up and stop being a pussy.

i learnt uber is hiring!

Lol

Painment grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:10pm On Dec 11, 2019
the same tribalist berates the likes of azubuike,nwakali,onuachu and others who are not just from the same region with him but the same tribe and state. jango or what ever your moniker is becareful!
jargooflife912:
Charles is the most tribalist on this thread I know what I'm saying

I said Semi Ajayi is Nigeria best defender this was his reply

(1) (2) (3) ... (7936) (7937) (7938) (7939) (7940) (7941) (7942) ... (16147) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 10cedes, Cecco90 and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.