Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,000 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7940) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11652440 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7937) (7938) (7939) (7940) (7941) (7942) (7943) ... (16147) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:11pm On Dec 11, 2019
man up and get yourself a job, be useful to yourself and family. its an advise
andrewbaba44:

Lol

Painment grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:14pm On Dec 11, 2019
charlesemeka85:
man up and get yourself a job, be useful to yourself and family. its an advise

Abeg come give me work nah, nairaland job detector, the one who sees who doesn't have a job

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:36pm On Dec 11, 2019
Former Nigeria U17 invitee Ovie Ejaria has been tipped to return from injury for Reading when they tackle Barnsley in the EFL Championship on Wednesday, December 11.

The Royals boss Mark Bowen is optimistic that Ejaria is in contention to return to the starting line-up for tonight's clash at Oakwell, having sat out the last two matches against Wigan Athletic and Birmingham City due to illness and a groin injury.

''I certainly hope so. On Friday, he had an issue with his groin, and he said it was a little better this [Saturday] morning but still really feeling it,'' Bowen told the Reading Chronicle, when asked about the availability of Ejaria.

''If it’s an inflammation issue it should settle down quickly with medication.''

Ejaria has been one of the standout performers for Reading since returning to the club in the summer transfer window, contributing to 5 goals (3 goals, 2 assists) in 15 league appearances.

In their last Championship game, Reading lost 3-2 to Birmingham City without Ejaria in the line-up.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:39pm On Dec 11, 2019
SC Heerenveen winger Chidera Ejike is patiently waiting to hear from manager Gernot Rohr regarding a call-up to the Super Eagles.

The former Valerenga Fotball star is Heerenveen's second top scorer in the Dutch Eredivisie this season with 6 goals in 15 matches and continues to earn rave reviews for his dribbling skills.

He is battling the likes of Samuel Chukwueze, Ahmed Musa, Samuel Kalu, Moses Simon, Alex Iwobi, Emmanuel Dennis and Henry Onyekuru for a roster spot.

''The thing is all these players you mentioned are good players and talents and I feel everybody has his style of play,'' Ejike said.

''Your style is always going to speak for you and I believe the coach knows best when I get the call-up.''

Ejike is a right-footed player capable of playing on both flanks as well as being deployed as an attacking midfielder.

He added : ''The coach knows where he is going to fit me in. At the moment it is not something I am rushing for, I'm going to be patient and wait for my time but I know if I'm given the chance by God's grace, I'm going to take the chance, I'm just looking forward to that time and waiting until it comes.''

Ejike was invited to Nigeria's U23 squad before the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations in Egypt but was not released to the Nigeria Football Federation by SC Heerenveen because the tournament was outside the FIFA window for national team activities.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:13pm On Dec 11, 2019
Arsenal's teenage Nigerian midfielder James Olayinka was one of club's U-23 stars that trained with the senior team in preparation for their UEFA Europa League game with Standard Liege on Thursday, allnigeriasoccer.com reports.

The Gunners are in a midst of an injury crisis and will be missing a host of their regulars for the trip to the Stade Maurice Dufrasne, and interim manager Freddie Ljungberg has been forced to include some youth players in today's training session at London Colney.

Olayinka warmed up with senior players Matteo Guendouzi and David Luiz, alongside his mates in the academy the likes of Tyreece John-Jules, Robbie Burton and Zech Medley.

This is not the first time Ljungberg has included the 19-year-old central midfielder in the senior workout, as he was among the youth players that trained with the first team before a league match against Brighton & Hove this month.

Meanwhile, Bukayo Saka is set to add to his three Europa league appearances for the club this season after training with the senior team as usual.

While Olayinka is yet to debut for the senior team, Saka was not in the match day squad when Arsenal beat Standard Liege 4-0 in the tournament's game week two.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 5:20pm On Dec 11, 2019
jargooflife912:
The guy always turn almost every argument on this thread to tribalism issue the other day I said Semi Ajayi is Nigeria Best defender at the moment the next he said was which part of the country I comes from
But he also calls out Igbo players that aren't playing well too so I don't understand how he's a tribalist.
Joe Aribo who is probably his favorite naija player is not Igbo.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 5:21pm On Dec 11, 2019
andrewbaba44:

Not zuby

You should know it’s not zuby ,I don’t know why you are asking me
Chief, I never see am talk anything that's tribalist. Maybe I'm missing something.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:55pm On Dec 11, 2019
1996 Olympic Games gold medalist Garba Lawal has had his say on Gernot Rohr's contract situation, and has called on the Nigeria Football Federation to make their stand known on the future of the German football tactician.

The former Nigeria international made a cryptic statement which suggested that Rohr's time with the Super Eagles was up.

''I believe NFF employed him so they are the one to decide whether to keep Rohr or not, so they will call for a meeting within themselves or the President will decide to call his executive members,'' Lawal said.

''But it all depends on the NFF what they want. We don't know what they want at this moment''.

When put on the spot and prodded further on whether Rohr should be handed a new contract, Garba said : ''I can't speak for NFF. Before he came in Austin Eguavoen also coached Nigeria, late Keshi, Dan Amokachi, so Rohr is not the only one.

''People come, win trophies and they go, so he is not the only one.''

Employed in August 2016, Rohr's contract with the Nigerian Federation runs until June 2020
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:55pm On Dec 11, 2019
edi287:

Chief, I never see am talk anything that's tribalist. Maybe I'm missing something.

It’s fine bro

Am done with the issue

All good

Cheers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:59pm On Dec 11, 2019
Odunayaw:
That shameless man will still come and try to wriggle his dirty self out of this. Y'all try o with putting up with him

Your still very bitter you better get some medication before it overcomes you.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:18pm On Dec 11, 2019
andrewbaba44:

I did not accuse charles of being tribalist because of zuby, i called him a tribalist because of his past, you can defend him as others , as for me i am not surprised by you all

I know you saw where he attacked me first and you ignored, so why are you quoting me because you saw me call him a tribalist? if where he attacked me is not your business then me calling him a tribalist should never be your business sir

I was having a decent argument with super nerd, you can go back and even check it , i told super nerd that (But ekong don chop goals this season sha oo) before i know the so called charles came from no where insulting me saying i am bringing a player down, lol

I can hit my chest that i am the least person that will bring down a player, ekong that i was saying if he continues the way he is playing he will end up at napoli or roma which are better clubs than udinese

But we all know if there is any one good in bringing down a player its charles who always insult and make fun of zuby but i am sure there is nothing wrong in that as far as the name is charles and not andrew

Yes i insulted him and call him a tribalist, if you see anything wrong in that then tell him to learn how to have a decent argument

You guys should not just come here an annoy me ooo, all in the name of defending, maybe your favorite

I watched many of you attacked and even insulted me because of what i said about Anthony Joshua, but i kept quiet maybe because i was wrong

But sir please you better respect your self oooo grin

From your reply
It's like you already have issues with me or there is something you have against some peeps here......

I condemn his reply...it wasn't appropriate.....

I understand you see most people as a tribalist here because I remember you've called Chriskels same.
Any way it is well.....

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 6:20pm On Dec 11, 2019
komekn:

Your still very bitter you better get some medication before it overcomes you.
grin no, you're trying to pull up your soiled panties. At least it shows you have some dignity left.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:23pm On Dec 11, 2019
edi287:

A tribalist may mean different things to him....
Me too I have never seen him drive into that racour of tribalism...

Even Omabala and Chriskels.... they call out non ibo performing players too...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:30pm On Dec 11, 2019
jargooflife912:
Charles is the most tribalist on this thread I know what I'm saying

I said Semi Ajayi is Nigeria best defender this was his reply

It's like you recently joined this thread...

I will advise you take time to observe things for yourself before you pick foes and see who is really a tribalist, biased and prejudiced.....

So because some one gave you such a witty reply....you quickly deduced he is a tribalist....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:33pm On Dec 11, 2019
charlesemeka85:
the same tribalist berates the likes of azubuike,nwakali,onuachu and others who are not just from the same region with him but the same tribe and state. jango or what ever your moniker is becareful!

That guy is a new....
He just came in and have start to call out triablists...

Just praying he is not what he accused you..because I am already seeing him mentioning
SOLANKE as one player we hate most.... it goes to show he has little knowledge of the happenings here and why the droll

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:15pm On Dec 11, 2019
Humility017:

From your reply
It's like you already have issues with me or there is something you have against some peeps here......

I condemn his reply...it wasn't appropriate.....

I understand you see most people as a tribalist here because I remember you've called Chriskels same.
Any way it is well.....

Stop covering up for your self ,because you insulted the north indirectly ,but if Na forgiveness you go attack am

Pot dey call kettle black ,lol

Your moniker no even fit you self

Bro it’s fine I have no issues with anyone

All good bro

Hope you are having a blessed day

Cheers

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:22pm On Dec 11, 2019
What's up with all these tribalists talks hun? undecided

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:47pm On Dec 11, 2019
Komekn , oya take that

safarigirl:
there is no sense in it.

What does it mean for a player to be in form?

Is it by playing games consistently for a long period of time?

No

Being in form, is putting in GOOD PEFORMANCES CONSISTENTLY. Being In form means that when they CALL you today, you will put in good numbers, and if they call you again in TWO weeks, you will still put in good numbers. Being in form, is not about the number of games played, it is the level of impact in a game.

There was a time Smalling was consistently in the Man United line-up and consistently gave woeful performances, will you say he is in form because he has been playing regularly?

I Repeat, there is no sense in what they have been saying, especially as regards Iheanacho. They are talking UTTER NONSENSE, coated in emotive bias and PREJUDICE

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 7:57pm On Dec 11, 2019
charlesemeka85:
SC Heerenveen winger Chidera Ejike is patiently waiting to hear from manager Gernot Rohr regarding a call-up to the Super Eagles.

The former Valerenga Fotball star is Heerenveen's second top scorer in the Dutch Eredivisie this season with 6 goals in 15 matches and continues to earn rave reviews for his dribbling skills.

He is battling the likes of Samuel Chukwueze, Ahmed Musa, Samuel Kalu, Moses Simon, Alex Iwobi, Emmanuel Dennis and Henry Onyekuru for a roster spot.

''The thing is all these players you mentioned are good players and talents and I feel everybody has his style of play,'' Ejike said.

''Your style is always going to speak for you and I believe the coach knows best when I get the call-up.''

Ejike is a right-footed player capable of playing on both flanks as well as being deployed as an attacking midfielder.

He added : ''The coach knows where he is going to fit me in. At the moment it is not something I am rushing for, I'm going to be patient and wait for my time but I know if I'm given the chance by God's grace, I'm going to take the chance, I'm just looking forward to that time and waiting until it comes.''

Ejike was invited to Nigeria's U23 squad before the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations in Egypt but was not released to the Nigeria Football Federation by SC Heerenveen because the tournament was outside the FIFA window for national team activities.

Henry Onyekuru is not a contender for now

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:58pm On Dec 11, 2019
Olulong:

You just listed names without even checking thier stats. The Keita Balde you claimed none of our wingers come close to has been outscored this season by Moses Simon and has the same number of goals has Chukwueze. Infact on current form Sarr wouldn't make Super Eagles squad. Fact!!!

The Same Salif Sane you claim to be in better form than our defenders haven't played in the last 4 games for his club because he's injured. It's obvious you don't watch any other thing than English Leagues.

Then your baised self claim to be objective yet you intentionally left out Josh Maja who is 2 goals behind Niang
when you screenshoted Ligue one top scorers.

First of all don't be presumption led without any substance.

Why are players top world class players because they are consistent on top of the game from season to season. Essentially without any drop in quality, that's extremely difficult.

That's why Ronaldo, Suarez, Mane, Messi, Kane Lukaku, Van Dyke, Ramos, etc are world class players. So if they get injured we don't assume they have lost form.

Go back and look at Keita's pedigree and consistency at such a young age.

Go back and look at Salif consistency over the last few seasons in the Bundesliga .He has not lost ability after 5 games, just not played because of injury that's a ludicrous an ill-judged deduction you are making about him. Why to score points, l have no idea.

Then look at the nonsensical proposition you make with zero substance. That l am biased you clearly jumped on the prejudiced band wagon without even thinking.

When looking at top goal scorer that doesn't include everyone who has scored a goal. My benchmark is usually the top 10 goal scorers.

There are about twenty places before you get to players with 5 goals where Maja is indeed there are over 11 players with a 5 goals tally. It's simply not outstanding. That's your opinion of bias, if you have courage you should apologise.

If anything I could be accused of bias against Senegal. Do you know that there are over 50 players showing allegiance to Senegal in the French league one alone. I doubt if there is any team in French league one without a Senegalese origin player. Because the lower you go in the goal charts the more Senegalese players you are likely to see.

I could have talked about 20 year old Boubacar Kamara the claimed next Thiago. That may likely play for Senegal wanted by a plethora of EPL club to show the strength in depth that Senegal have but l didn't.

Before I forget Ismaila Sarr is a winger and his goals tally is not expected to be on the same as a striker. Nonetheless, you didn't do your homework. If you did you would have known he was injured from Afcon. He has been struggling to get fit for the intensity and rigours of the EPL.

He has just recently played 3 games in the EPL and scored one goal as well as has had a big impact for Watford in just three games. But he is far from being IN-FORM certainly not from three games.

Finally, I digress somewhat, what I find shocking is there may be more Senegalese players in the EPL than Nigerian. That's simply not right considering our colonial past with England.

You and many others here don't understand the meaning as elementary as it is of biased.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:05pm On Dec 11, 2019
Is Kelechi in form? Absolutely. You do not need 10 games to show that. 4 games, 4 goals.. That is a player in form.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:08pm On Dec 11, 2019
Provoker:
semi ajayi has scored more goals than salif sane as a CB this season

Go back and look at core subject which country has the most IN-FORM players which in itself alludes to top quality outstanding consistent performing players.

Then the bench mark from which the context of this discourse emanates from which s the top 5 leagues in Europe.

As good as Ajayi is he is in the Championship most probable he will be in the EPL next season. Until then he is not in the equation.

If we are to look at French league two then we are literally talking 75 Senegalese players at least, they are too many to count.

That's the context.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 8:09pm On Dec 11, 2019
charlesemeka85:
1996 Olympic Games gold medalist Garba Lawal has had his say on Gernot Rohr's contract situation, and has called on the Nigeria Football Federation to make their stand known on the future of the German football tactician.

The former Nigeria international made a cryptic statement which suggested that Rohr's time with the Super Eagles was up.

''I believe NFF employed him so they are the one to decide whether to keep Rohr or not, so they will call for a meeting within themselves or the President will decide to call his executive members,'' Lawal said.

''But it all depends on the NFF what they want. We don't know what they want at this moment''.

When put on the spot and prodded further on whether Rohr should be handed a new contract, Garba said : ''I can't speak for NFF. Before he came in Austin Eguavoen also coached Nigeria, late Keshi, Dan Amokachi, so Rohr is not the only one.

''People come, win trophies and they go, so he is not the only one.''

Employed in August 2016, Rohr's contract with the Nigerian Federation runs until June 2020
SMH Lawal needs to behave. Rohr deserves a new contract till 2022.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:12pm On Dec 11, 2019
Joebie:
Komekn , oya take that

This na person were go school.

Suppose know say a word has meaning from the words and subject surrounding it in other words context.

But unfortunately she doesn't just argument without substance or rational.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:16pm On Dec 11, 2019
jargooflife912:
Charles is the most tribalist on this thread I know what I'm saying

I said Semi Ajayi is Nigeria best defender this was his reply

I will add other comments about your post to say that you should look before you leap

Or better still think we'll before you type your just jumping on a bandwagon train that you don't know where it started from and where it's going.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:18pm On Dec 11, 2019
Dennis starts for Brugge alongside the South African Messi grin

Okereke on the bench

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sportilitica: 8:20pm On Dec 11, 2019
tbaba1234:
Is Kelechi in form? Absolutely. You do not need 10 games to show that. 4 games, 4 goals.. That is a player in form.
Hmmmm. Why don't we just wait till 10 games to judge. He is rediscovering his lost confidence. Let him continue to achieve before one dip in form now will lead to people insulting the dude.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:21pm On Dec 11, 2019
Icon4s:
What's up with all these tribalists talks hun? undecided

Sir icon,I started it

But they should learn to Argue with no insults

I never remember insulting someone for no reason

But when the insult comes,people wey no get sense go attack Andrew

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sportilitica: 8:21pm On Dec 11, 2019
edi287:

SMH Lawal needs to behave. Rohr deserves a new contract till 2022.
I fear journalism in Nigeria o.
You might be surprised he never said such.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 8:28pm On Dec 11, 2019
Sportilitica:

I fear journalism in Nigeria o.
You might be surprised he never said such.
Yeah true especially with what happened yesterday.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:31pm On Dec 11, 2019
Earthquake won’t see Gabriel Jesus scoring hatrick but he knows how to troll me if Jesus failed to score in a game

Smh
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 8:33pm On Dec 11, 2019
simiife:
I'm waiting for the argument to die down before i present my case before the members of this honorable thread.

Please do. You have the floor bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (7937) (7938) (7939) (7940) (7941) (7942) (7943) ... (16147) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: chuks404 and 13 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.