Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,199 members, 7,867,478 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 04:51 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8025) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11967750 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8022) (8023) (8024) (8025) (8026) (8027) (8028) ... (16379) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Abusule007: 10:03am On Dec 25, 2019
Merry Christmas to our super eagles lovers here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Koboko99(m): 10:05am On Dec 25, 2019
Merry Christmas to every member of the Eagles family. You guys made my year beautiful and I appreciate everyone of you. Bless!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:19am On Dec 25, 2019
An elated Idion Ighalo received the news of his award on Monday 23rd December, a day he was Celebrating the 2nd anniversary of the launching of his orphanage home. It came as a shocker to him. Well done all.

And Merry Christmas!

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by xwolverine: 10:37am On Dec 25, 2019
mostob:
na wa for you o. The same Tammy we all are watching or another one?

Just imagine all this made-up plaudits, all for a player who was struggling a year ago on loan. Marouane Chamack did more than this in his first season, but look at the outcome. Victor Osimhen is younger, plays for a less impressive team and he's still banging in goals, two seasons, two different teams. The part that pisses me off is the pet name, like dude Wtf! He's even calling him Tega, like he is his Dad, a name I am sure Tammy wouldn't like being called.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 11:09am On Dec 25, 2019
TheSuperNerd:

Or Wycombe Wanderers... grin

Who knows??

Victor may find himself playing second fiddle to Akinfenwa. Remember the English league 1 is very physical for a light weight as Victor.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by xwolverine: 12:13pm On Dec 25, 2019
komekn:

It's not about defenders but style of play.

Seria A is not as physically intensive and as fast as the EPL but it's more technical. That's my view.

Knock-it off Jack, go ask Wayne Rooney what Gatusso did to him or ask CRonaldo about Walter Samuel when ManUtd played Inter Milan, or ask messi about Thiago Motta.

Serie A is more intense, might not be as fast as EPL.

All of these half-truths just to prop up Tammy undecided undecided

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by xwolverine: 12:21pm On Dec 25, 2019
charlesemeka85:
tammy will suit the likes of chelsea,man united,arsenal,real madrid,barca and bayern while osimhen will only strive in teams like brighton,aston villa,osasuna,paderborn and co? now i see that the hate is real

cheesy cheesy cheesy

see person wey i dey pity self if them dey enter him any how embarassed

Dimming Osimhen’s light wouldn't make Tammy's light shine brighter. Slobbering off Tammy’s man parts just because of one frigging season, playing with the likes of Kovacic, Kante, Willian, Jorginho, Azpi, is not even funny, it’s disgraceful. Tega my black ass. Yeye

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:31pm On Dec 25, 2019
junnyjake:

Who knows??

Victor may find himself playing second fiddle to Akinfenwa. Remember the English league 1 is very physical for a light weight as Victor.

My brother.... You dey on point. I think English League 2 will be softer on him because that League 1 na die... cheesy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 12:37pm On Dec 25, 2019
I don't know how this thing started and degenerated into this consensus mockery....but Merry Christmas Naija people
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 12:38pm On Dec 25, 2019
Komekn on a serious note,u need to learn aw to state ur view intelligently... U just dey allow TheSupernerd get upper hand for Dis our Tammy/osimhen debate grin grin,infact who chose u as d assistant speaker komekn undecided undecided

U av been banned henceforth on this Tammy /osimhen debate till further notice

Cc...Charlesemeka ,joebie / Andrewbaba44 should take over komekn as d assistant speaker grin to support d motion DT says Tammy is a better player Dan osimhen cool

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:40pm On Dec 25, 2019
ChrisKels:
Just remembered a certain player today, and I have been wondering what happened to him. U guys recall a one time super eagles forward Ikechukwu Kalu who was a big hit in the Serie A, in the colours of Sampdoria and later joined AC Milan?

Where that guy dey now sex?

Chaaaiiii..... @bolded...

This man wan born another mixed Francophone African boy with another of him West African concubines.... Chris the Chris.. father of all nations grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:44pm On Dec 25, 2019
elyte89:
Komekn on a serious note,u need to learn aw to state ur view intelligently... U just dey allow TheSupernerd get upper hand for Dis our Tammy/osimhen debate grin grin,infact who chose u as d assistant speaker komekn undecided undecided

Cc...Charlesemeka ,joebie / Andrewbaba44 should take over komekn as d assistant speaker grin to support d motion DT says Tammy is a better player Dan osimhen cool

This guy..... You gotta choose your words wisely ooo. Are you insinuating that Komekn no dey Intelligent? Or you mean him no Sabi intelligently discuss matter? Think carefully on this before the hammer of Emotive bias and Sesquipedalianism lands on you.... #JustSaying grin

Merry Christmas.... wink

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Stillwater10: 1:10pm On Dec 25, 2019
Tammy is on a higher level than Osimhen abeg. Happy Christmas
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:19pm On Dec 25, 2019
Stillwater10:
based on UEFA league coefficients, yes....for now

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 1:41pm On Dec 25, 2019
Stillwater10:

Lingard is on a higher level than Depay

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:03pm On Dec 25, 2019
Subzero047:

Lingard is even on a higher level than Mbappe, Ben Yedder, Icardi, Cavani and even Payet. grin

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:10pm On Dec 25, 2019
elyte89:

Hmmmm

Na you know wetin you mean ooooo grin

Merry xmas to you bro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:11pm On Dec 25, 2019
Subzero047:

I know say na joke sha grin

Lingard that ahmed musa is a better player than

Lingaard very useless player
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:12pm On Dec 25, 2019
Stillwater10:

Also on a higher level than Mbappe. grin

Ofcos truthfully the EPL will always be higher than Ligue 1 but your logic means Tammy is better than Mbappe then grin grin

Anyway you must know that coinciding with France's WC win in 2018 , the goals impact factor of Ligue 1 increased from 1.5 to 2.0.

Every goal scored in Ligue 1 now gets multiplied by 2.0 in the European Golden Boot ratings. Same as EPL's 2.0, Bundesliga's 2.0, Serie A's 2.0, and La Liga's 2.0

So you see..... The leagues still differ in strength but the goal impact factors are the same. This was not so in 2016. But right now.. it is so...

So yeah... I agree Tammy is on a higher level than Osimhen and by extension, Mbappe, Cavani, Neymar, Icardi, Di Maria, Depay, Payet, Thauvin and even Ben Yedder. grin

Merry Christmas. wink

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:16pm On Dec 25, 2019
Joe Aribo in the Christmas Mood.... wink With Rangers Teammate, Scott Arfield.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 2:45pm On Dec 25, 2019
TheSuperNerd:

My brother.... You dey on point. I think English League 2 will be softer on him because that League 1 na die... cheesy

Osimhen won't even make the youth team of a national league southern team. ..

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:47pm On Dec 25, 2019
My boy grin
TheSuperNerd:
Joe Aribo in the Christmas Mood.... wink With Rangers Teammate, Scott Arfield.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 2:47pm On Dec 25, 2019
Merry Christmas my people
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by xwolverine: 2:53pm On Dec 25, 2019
Stillwater10:

False equivalency, in only one season, just like comparing Ansu Fati with Saido Mane. The question is, “are they the same age” or at the same stage in their careers?

When Tammy was Osimhen’s age, he was bouncing between Bristol city and Swansea, only got a lucky break with Chelsea because of injuries and the transfer ban, while victor earned his current position, he is leading his team against top class European teams in the champion’s league.

This is really funny, I swear down.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:14pm On Dec 25, 2019
Iwobi was injured from minute 6 but was forced to stay on the pitch while his teammate warmed up. That's not cool he should have been replaced immediately
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:22pm On Dec 25, 2019
A one to one with Steven Gerrard convinced Joe Aribo his season was about to come good again.

Modesty forbids the Nigerian midfielder from telling of his growing influence on the Rangers side.

But he insists he still has even more to give now he’s been taken off the leash in the Ibrox engine room.

Aribo, 23, was a standout on Friday night against Hibs as Rangers put in one of their most impressive and emphatic performances of the season.

He had a crucial hand in Ryan Kent’s opener and then scored the second as the Light Blues went on to win 3-0, their first victory in Leith in two years.

It was his sixth goal of the season and his first in six weeks as Rangers proved they won’t be found wanting when he it comes to pushing Celtic close at the top of the Premiership.

Aribo scored his first four goals within a month of his arrival from Charlton in the summer in a cut price deal, as Rangers took advantage of the cross border transfer market to land a snip.

But the kid from Croydon admits his form hit a dip in the autumn as he struggled to cope with an information overload from the Ibrox coaching staff and life in a new environment after moving away from home for the first time.

But he has come good again at just the right time as Rangers prepare to face Kilmarnock at home on Boxing Day before the Old Firm showdown at Parkhead on Sunday.

He said: “I would say that at first, if I was told something or given an instruction, I would listen too much to the instruction.

“Recently, the manager has just been saying to me ‘play free, go and do what you want to do’. I can break the rules basically.

“It has definitely taken a bit off my shoulders. I can just go out and express myself on the pitch.

“It’s fair to say my form dipped for a period recently. I knew myself I hadn’t been performing to the level I know I’m capable of achieving.

“The manager said that to me, that it was inevitable because I was away from home for the first time.

“The biggest thing I needed to help me push on was knowing I had the backing of my manager. That chat has helped me to move forward and now I am reaping the rewards.

“I don’t want to talk too highly of myself. As the season goes on, people can judge me. However, I would say there is more to come.”

Aribo’s vision and ability to slide a pass to unlock even the stingiest of defence has been a feature this season, at home and abroad.

He has been pushed further forward in a three man attack, supported behind on the right by Scott Arfield, whose energy and industry has been an asset for Rangers in both penalty boxes.

Aribo is no slouch either and it was his willingness to press high on Ofir Marciano that forced the Hibs keeper into the error that allowed Ryan Kent to score after only three minutes at Easter Road.

Aribo combined brilliant with Ryan Jack for the second just five minutes later before Jermain Defoe, in for the suspended Alfredo Morelos, showed his class and experience to fire the third early in the second half.

Aribo added: “The manager stresses to us the need to chase down every ball. He says we have to go and press every ball, rush the opponent, not to let them be comfortable in possession.

“We have to keep pressing and make it harder for them, more uncomfortable. That was the game plan, to get in their faces and not allow them to get into the rhythm of things.

“The boys are buzzing with the Hibs result. It’s always good for the front three to be scoring goals.

“Razzer’s opener was just wonderful technique and the way JD cut inside for the third was a bit of class.

“It shows we don’t only have to rely on Alfredo for goals, 100 percent. We know we can all step up when it’s required on the pitch.”

The only disappointment for Aribo was more loutish behaviour from Hibs fans in the East Stand and he was targeted as he celebrated his goal before an idiot threw a half bottle of vodka at Borna Barisic.

Missiles were also thrown at Defoe and Aribo added: ““That is not what you want to see, but the referees have to help us in that situation.

“We need some looking after on the pitch, but what can we do when glass bottles are thrown at us?”

Aribo is determined the Rangers title challenge won’t be undermined in the next six days before Scottish football shuts down for the winter break and the team heads to the sunshine of Dubai for a training camp.

He said: “It is a massive week and we want the results we need to keep moving forward.

“Charlton was more laid back than Rangers. I didn’t know it when I first came here, but I know now we have to win every single game.”

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 3:23pm On Dec 25, 2019
TheSuperNerd:

Chaaaiiii..... @bolded...

This man wan born another mixed Francophone African boy with another of him West African concubines.... Chris the Chris.. father of all nations grin

Lol u left the message for a simple typo? Nawa oo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 3:28pm On Dec 25, 2019
Plz who else is experiencing this thing below? I no dey see the names(monikers) of posters again, on their posts, I can only see a quoted moniker

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:28pm On Dec 25, 2019
Joe Aribo has told Rangers fans that they haven't seen the best of him yet.

The Nigeria international has been in scintillating form for the Gers in recent weeks after manager Steven Gerrard appeared to tweak his position.

The Rangers boss seems to have given Aribo a free role to roam about the field and that added freedom is definitely having a positive effect on the 23-year-old's game.

Aribo scored only his second Premiership goal of the season in Friday's 3-0 demolition of Hibernian at Easter Road.

It's been a very successful first season for the England-born attacker, who signed a £20k-a-week deal at Ibrox this past summer [The Scottish Sun] after joining from Charlton Athletic.

But the player himself is certain that there's much more to come.

He told Herald Scotland: "I don’t want to talk too highly of myself. As the season goes on people can judge me. But I would say there is more to come.”

This is an exciting comment by Aribo. Rangers fans would be quite happy if he maintains this standard all season long, because it's a stunning standard.

But the light Blues' faithful certainly wouldn't object if he were to get even better and time will tell if he does or not.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by austineaddy: 3:29pm On Dec 25, 2019
Same here
Was thinking it's my phone
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:45pm On Dec 25, 2019
With the January transfer window set to open in the next one week, allnigeriasoccer.com's transfer market expert takes a look at Nigerian players linked with moves.

1) Name : Victor Osimhen
Club : Lille
Linked with : Barcelona, Tottenham Hotspur, Chelsea, Liverpool
Probable Cost : £35 million

Comments : The Super Eagles number nine is drawing interest from La Liga and Premier League giants thanks to his imperious displays for Lille, for whom he has contributed to 17 goals (13 goals, 4 assists) in 24 matches.

With Lille chasing a Champions League spot, it makes no sense to sell him until at least the end of the 2019-2020 campaign.

2) Name : Samuel Chukwueze
Club : Villarreal
Linked with : Chelsea, Liverpool, Real Madrid
Probable Cost : £50 million

Comments : Blessed with pace and trickery, the Diamond Academy product is one of the three Nigerian U21 players on the radar of Chelsea following the lifting of their transfer ban.

The exciting winger has seen his stock rise after he was nominated for the Golden Boy, CAF Youth Player of the Year and the Kopa Trophy this season.

3) Name : Chuba Akpom
Club : PAOK Thessaloniki
Linked with : West Ham, Reims, Cologne
Probable Cost : £6 million

Comments : The Hale End Academy product is angling for a move in search of regular first team football. The striker has made PAOK's starting line-up 8 times from a possible 20 matches across all competitions this term.

Being a homegrown player and with a resale value, he is an attractive option for English Premier League clubs.

4) Name : Samuel Kalu
Club : Bordeaux
Linked with : Galatasaray, Hertha Berlin, Real Betis
Probable Cost : £10 million

Comments : Kalu arrived Bordeaux with so much hype and expectation but has been battling to regain his place in the starting line-up since October and there's talk that the Ligue 1 club are willing to cash in on the winger next month.

Given his present circumstances, the logical thing is for him to switch clubs or he risks losing his Nigeria spot.

5) Name : Cyriel Dessers
Club : Heracles Almelo
Linked with : Cagliari, Sporting Lisbon, Club Brugge
Probable Cost : £15 million

Comments : With a hand in an astonishing 89 goals (63 goals, 26 assists) for his clubs over the last three and a half seasons, Dessers has an impressive goalscoring resume and no wonder foreign clubs have started keeping tabs on the striker ahead of a possible swoop.

The Nigeria Football Federation target has vowed to see out the season with his modest Eredivisie side, but a bid in excess of £15 million may be too good to turn down by Heracles Almelo.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:59pm On Dec 25, 2019
crystal palace makes bid of 25m pounds to sign nigerian international dennis bonaventure from belgian giants club brugge

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8022) (8023) (8024) (8025) (8026) (8027) (8028) ... (16379) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: waffiboi, Philosopher1979, geonyte(m), Damioduso1, mostob(m) and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.