Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,038 members, 7,866,934 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 08:26 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8026) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11966157 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8023) (8024) (8025) (8026) (8027) (8028) (8029) ... (16378) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EmmGee: 4:01pm On Dec 25, 2019
Dannyxy:
So the new method to castigate osimhen is too say he is not technically astute , because he is aggressive... Lol.. Wack analysis, no wonder people jump his post...

On what basis is the new Tammy is more classy, Tammy is more technical based on, is it based on goals, assist , passes, positioning of what.. Stop singing a lame song.

Osimhen is a very technical player, put him in Chelsea, my team, he will be on 15 goal right now, that he has aggressive playing style, is a strength not a weakness, and removes nothing from his technically play, osimhen is hardly deficient, solid first touch, passing range.. Stats,are there ,,oga stop disturbing our ears with this new hating song..

Off course solanke, chucks Aneke are the technical players we need left to someone.

@komken.. This for you

By God who made me, whenever I see Komekn I immediately scroll as fast as I could. The guy spews hot trash
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kalapizim(m): 4:07pm On Dec 25, 2019
EmmGee:

By God who made me, whenever I see Komekn I immediately scroll as fast as I could. The guy spews hot trash
learn to respect people's opinion, if you don't agree fine and move on not call unprintable names.

We all can't see things from the same perspective uncle.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EmmGee: 4:08pm On Dec 25, 2019
Kalapizim:
learn to respect people's opinion, if you don't agree fine and move on not call unprintable names.

We all can't see things from the same perspective uncle.
thanks for the correction.. but really the guy has questionable analysis.. and I no be uncle. I be small pikin lol

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:20pm On Dec 25, 2019
Who else knows Pamela Ilekhuoba from FB? I haven't met an avid female super eagles supporter, since Safarigirl.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 4:23pm On Dec 25, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
Special Christmas Edition: On Tammy and Osimhen

Having watched them more than enough I easily draw these off my head...

Tammy Abraham's attributes:

- Fantastic Target Man.
- A Centre forward who strives on being fed into the box.
- A Good Goal Poacher.
- A No.9 who is mostly static upfront and hardly works the channels.
- Great Hold up play, Can play with back to goal.
- He's technical
- Good finisher, Lethal. On par with Osimhen.
- Has the height so has aerial ability. Taller than Osimhen even. But his aerial threat/scoring ability is average on the overall despite his height. Hardly an aerial threat and have scored very few goals with his head despite his 1.90m frame.
- Dribbling is average. Hardly ghosts past markers with the ball but he gets past them by evading them when being fed in the box.
- Good space exploiter.
- Speed is okay.... But really not as fast as Osimhen.
- Mentality for the Big games still questionable.
- Link up plays involvement is okay.
- Not very aggressive but uses his body weight, long arms, long legs, and height to good effects to keep the ball. He is more technical than aggressive. More brains than brawn.

Victor Osimhen's attributes:

- An Excellent Sharpshooter and Goal Poacher.
- Technical player with well above average dribbling skills. Ghosts past his markers more often.
- Can play Target man but also works/exploits the wing channels beautifully showing he is no #9 who stays static in one position.
- Also strives on being fed in the box but dude drops to the wings to serve as outlet for his team getting involved in linkup plays.
- A Two footed Striker.
- Hold up play is very good. Plays with back to goal beautifully.
- Good finisher, Lethal. On par with Tammy on finishing.
- Strong Mentality for the Big games.
- Has World class Speed. Tammy doesn't even come close.
- Has Commanding Aerial strength. But Tammy trumps him in height. On the overall, despite standing at about 1.85/1.86m just 0.04/0.05m shorter than Tammy, Osimhen is more of an aerial threat than Tammy. Has scored more goals with his head and won more aerial duels even compared to Tammy.
- Rugged and Very aggressive Forward yet balances that with poise, control and admirable technicality. He is brains and brawn.

**Coming from one who has seen close to over 100 games of both players combined.

Merry Christmas.... grin

cool...super cool. but komenk won't like this.... it is filled with emotive pre...prelude...pre....prep..pre.... somebody help me out abeg

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 4:25pm On Dec 25, 2019
xwolverine:

Just imagine all this made-up plaudits, all for a player who was struggling a year ago on loan. Marouane Chamack did more than this in his first season, but look at the outcome. Victor Osimhen is younger, plays for a less impressive team and he's still banging in goals, two seasons, two different teams. The part that pisses me off is the pet name, like dude Wtf! He's even calling him Tega, like he is his Dad, a name I am sure Tammy wouldn't like being called.
no mind am

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:26pm On Dec 25, 2019
Super Eagles' Best XI of the Decade: Who is your pick?

It has been more than two decades since a Nigerian player won the African Player of the Year crown. But who have been the Super Eagles’ best players of the last decade? Let’s look at my Super Eagles best XI of the last decade.

VINCENT ENYEAMA

One of the greatest, if not Nigeria’s greatest, goalkeeper of all times, Enyeama is one of only two players who have played over 100 matches for the national team. He took over from Ike Shoronmu and remained the first choice for much of his 13 years with the Super Eagles, where he featured in 4 African Cup of Nations (winning the 2013 edition), 3 World Cups and 1 Confederation Cup tournaments. He made the African XI for 2013
He is yet to be effectively replaced in the Super Eagles 4 years after retirement.

JOSEPH YOBO
After making his debut for the Super Eagles in 2001 as a right-back, this decade began with Yobo, now a centre-back, as the link between the “old” and the “new” Super Eagles, being one of the leaders of the team after he assumed the role of captain following Kanu Nwankwo’s retirement. He led the team to the 2013 AFCON victory, as well as the 2010 and 2014 World Cups – his second and third appearances at the Mundial, after his World Cup debut in 2002 where he assisted Nigeria’s only goal. He recorded 101 caps for the country and retired in 2014 after the World Cup.

UWA ECHIEJILE
His ability to man the vacant left back position after the exit of the more aggressive Ifeanyi Udeze and Taye Taiwo was in doubt, but Uwa Echiejile has been the Super Eagles’s first choice for most of the last decade with 59 caps, holding forte until as recently as 2017 when recurring injuries forced him out. He played in the 2010 World Cup but missed out of the 2014 edition to an injury during a pre-tournament friendly. He was a member of the victorious 2013 African Cup of Nations squad in between.

EFE AMBROSE
Ambrose was a versatile defender in the Super Eagles for about 7 years culminating in his gradual exit due to a loss of club form from 2015. I believe Ambrose was not even at his best at the time he had a regular run in the Eagles, yet he stood out commendably.
He was named in the Team of the 2013 African Nations Cup tournament which he helped Nigeria win, and was also a member of the 2013 Confederations Cup and 2014 World Cup squads.

KEN OMERUO
Omeruo’s potentials showed right from his Under-17 days, but he has suffered an inconsistent career in the Eagles due to a club career that was largely unstable until recently. He has managed over 50 caps since his debut at just 19 years in 2013, and so still has some way to go after featuring prominently in the 2013 Nations Cup victory as well as the 2014 and 2018 FIFA World Cup tournaments.

OGENYI ONAZI
Onazi has been one of the foundations on which the current Super Eagles has been built though he has fallen out of favour in the last year. His contribution to where the team is today is immeasurable as he has, until recently, been a key member of Gernot Rohr’s rebuilding project. He was a member of the 2013 Nations Cup winning squad and the Confederations Cup squad of the same year. He was also in the Super Eagles team to the 2014 and 2018 FIFA World Cups.

JOHN MIKEL OBI
Easily Nigeria’s best midfielder of the past decade, Mikel finally threw in the towel on a career that spanned 13 years, after the 2018 World Cup. The team is currently gradually picking up the pieces of his exit. He featured at all Nigeria’s last four African Nations Cups (making the team of the tournament in the 2013 edition which Nigeria won) as well as Nigeria’s last two World Cups in 2014 and 2018, having missed the 2010 World Cup through injury.

AHMED MUSA
Often erroneously criticized as filling the “northern quota” in the team, Musa has been fully deserving of his place in the Super Eagles for a huge part of the last decade eventually taking over the role of captain from John Mikel Obi. As probably the longest serving member of the team today with 91 caps, Musa is the third most capped Nigerian player ever who is on course to join Yobo and Enyeama with over 100 caps. He however retains enviable records as Nigeria’s highest scorer in the World Cup with four goals, and also being the first and only Nigerian to score two goals in a World Cup match – as well as the first to do this twice, and in two consecutive World Cups!

VICTOR MOSES
Much as he has been maligned after his sudden retirement from the Super Eagles, Moses’ influence on the team in six years of the past decade remains unparalleled. For several years, the Super Eagles attack lacked bite and incision anytime Moses was not fielded. Like Mikel, the team is still grappling to adequately replace him since 2018. He played in the 2013 nations Cup victory as well as the 2014 and 2018 World Cups, scoring 12 goals in 38 appearances as a winger. He will be remembered for being the catalyst for the recent proliferation of players with dual-nationality in the Eagles, being one of the first to choose an international career with Nigeria despite having played at junior level for another country in the last decade.

EMMANUEL EMENIKE
His stint in the Super Eagles may have been brief, but it was quite impactful. Emmanuel Emenike emerged out of the blues at the time the Eagles lacked a striker worthy of the name, following the decline of the Aiyegbenis, Martins and Ike Uches.
He was the complete contemporary striker, who greatly boosted the Eagles attack and helped Nigeria clinch the 2013 AFCON, nicking the tournament golden boot as well as a place in the tournament XI, along the way. He also featured at the 2014 World Cup and retired from international duties in October 2015.

ODION IGHALO
Although he started out as “the available option,” due to his impressive stint at Watford in England, Odion Ighalo eventually rose to the occasion and momentarily banished the ghost of Emenike’s retirement. He bore the goal-scoring responsibility for the team with 16 goals in 35 appearances, amidst criticism and even threats, and left when the ovation was loudest – winning the golden boot with 5 goals during the 2019 AFCON in addition to leading the scoring charts with 7 during the qualifying campaign. He featured at the 2018 FIFA World Cup.

What's your take house?

http://news-af.feednews.com/news/detail/c56b98b9a34774075d24f6307502350c?client=news

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eseose9(f): 4:32pm On Dec 25, 2019
komekn:

As a recruiter with a remit to get a striker.

It will depend on the club, if you are talking top 6 clubs in the EPL then Tega will be first choice with the exclusion of Leicester.

Tega fits the bill for Chelsea, Tottenham, Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal. A player that plays within the team and strengthens it. And is technically astute can excel in a team system.

Victor strength is not technical ability but pace. His first touch is not great. In Leicester they play with a true number 9 and he may find it less difficult. Bournemouth, Brighton may be other options. Wolves is debatable.

Understand he may look super fast in the French league but it may not be so easy in the EPL.

The videos give an insight into players attributes character and particular style.

Victor is not going to bully any EPL defender the way he does it in the French league. The question is can he adapt his game to meet they physicality of the EPL.

He's better off going to the Bundesliga in my opinion or maybe Seria A.

Nawa o �
See the way you just wrote off Victor
Have you really watched Victor's game?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 4:32pm On Dec 25, 2019
ChrisKels:
Plz who else is experiencing this thing below? I no dey see the names(monikers) of posters again, on their posts, I can only see a quoted moniker
Maybe it's something else because I am not experiencing such as you are doing
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:33pm On Dec 25, 2019
charlesemeka85:
crystal palace makes bid of 25m pounds to sign nigerian international dennis bonaventure from belgian giants club brugge

And ur source is?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:35pm On Dec 25, 2019
Kbs468:

Maybe it's something else because I am not experiencing such as you are doing

It only came up in the previous page, things are back to normal now.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 4:42pm On Dec 25, 2019
ChrisKels:

It only came up in the previous page, things are back to normal now.
Alright Brother and congratulations for the restoration of parity
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:43pm On Dec 25, 2019
merry christmas peeps! blasting LORD ABOVE (joe crack ft my favourite white boy eminem and mary j)
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:44pm On Dec 25, 2019
completesportsnigeria
ChrisKels:

And ur source is?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 4:45pm On Dec 25, 2019
xwolverine:

False equivalency, in only one season, just like comparing Ansu Fati with Saido Mane. The question is, “are they the same age” or at the same stage in their careers?

When Tammy was Osimhen’s age, he was bouncing between Bristol city and Swansea, only got a lucky break with Chelsea because of injuries and the transfer ban, while victor earned his current position, he is leading his team against top class European teams in the champion’s league.

This is really funny, I swear down.

When Tammy was Oshimen's age, he was the highest goalscorer in the championships. Oshimen isn't even the highest goalscorer in France. Fear God oh
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 4:48pm On Dec 25, 2019
BREAKING| Kanu Nwankwo loses ‘daughter’

by Ikokwu Ikemba on December 25, 2019

Former Super Eagles player, Kanu Nwankwo Wednesday announced the death of the first beneficiaries of his heart foundation turned daughter Enitan.

“Why why why one of Kanu heart foundation gone,” Kanu posted on Twitter. “My daughter gone gone gone I can’t believe this R I P Eniton God knows all.”

Kanu’s wife Amara Kanu on Instagram said the 21-year-old died of complications from malaria.

Enitan who was 2-year-old when she benefitted from the former Arsenal player’s foundation just completed her university education before moving to Nigeria.

Amara said she moved back to Lagos to work for the Kanu’s prior to her death.

“Enitan was just 2 years old when she had her open surgery done in London courtesy of the Kanu Heart Foundation,” Amara said on Instagram on Wednesday.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 4:52pm On Dec 25, 2019
Super Falcons’ new coach ready early next year, says Pinnick

By Alex Monye

25 December 2019 | 4:11 am

The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) president, Amaju Pinnick has disclosed that the federation is working round the clock to employ a quality coach for the senior national women team (Super Falcons) early next year.

Speaking at the finals of the Oshoala Football Championship For Girls, which ended at the Campos Mini Stadium, Lagos yesterday, Pinnick, who expressed concern over the performance of the Super Falcons in recent times, said the federation was not in any way neglecting the women national teams at any level.

He also boasted that the body was on course to take Nigerian football to an enviable height in 2020.

While congratulating Asisat Oshoala for the large turn out of girls at the championship, Pinnick said the competition would help attract more girls to football in Nigeria.

“The NFF has been having series of meetings to discuss the way forward for our national teams,” he said.

“Top on the agenda is getting a new coach for the Super Falcons. With this on the pipeline, I can assure you that a credible coach will be appointed to the Super Falcons soon. The NFF is planning big for the female national team.

“On the Oshoala Football Championship, I must commend Oshoala for bringing up this beautiful idea to encourage the girl/child to play football.

“When she called me to attend the finals, I could not resist… out of my busy schedule I ensured that I attended the event.

“Playing a celebrity game alongside Super Eagles players like Odion Ighalo, Victor Osimhen, Omeruo, Awaziem and Asisat gives me joy.

“As the Oshoala Football Championship progresses, I believe it will attract more teams to participate in the female league. The NFF will not relent in supporting the development of Nigerian football in any capacity,” he said.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:54pm On Dec 25, 2019
Eseose9:

Nawa o �
See the way you just wrote off Victor
Have you really watched Victor's game?

Tomorrow he would shamelessly deny this, with an ensuing line like "prove with a shot...", then, u would see his attorneys(CharlesEmeka and co) rushing out to wash and clean his feet the way Jesus did his disciples, in the name of diplomacy, and trying to imbibe the law of democracy and maintain decorum, just so we don't view them as a*slickers of the fake super eagles supporter. Yes! everyone has a right to express his take on any topic just like Gustav, aforbeer and co, but some posts reek of plain stupidity and hate and must be seen as a trash, like EmmGee rightly opined.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 5:01pm On Dec 25, 2019
Why Leicester City's 'Most Important' Player Will Not Join Arsenal In January

With the winter transfer window poised to open for business in the coming days, one of the hotly-anticipated stories will be centered around Nigeria international Wilfred Ndidi and his links with a move to a top European side.

Several fresh reports in the media (whether confirmed or not) had recently emerged re-linking the youngster with a move to Arsenal in January, on the back of his sterling displays for Leicester City, and the Emirates Stadium outfit continue to stutter.

While the player's camp has yet to veto the speculation, or even the Gunners manager Mikel Arteta comment on it, it is envisaged that there can be very little chances of the deal happening anytime soon.

And the reasons can't be starker.

Firstly, the Leicestershire club are currently embarking on an eye-catching project following their impressive start to the season, and have drawn comparisons with their title-winning team of 2016.

As a result, Brendan Rodgers is expected to build on the current crop of players, of which Ndidi has been labelled the most important player in the entire squad.

Starting 17 of his team's league games so far, he is readily the first name on the club's team sheet on match days.

Moreover, the Foxes gaffer has already ruled out such sort of move happening in crystal clear words, thus: "There will be no one leaving in January. Categorically".

''It's pretty clear we want to keep this squad together, it's a very exciting team with a lot of growth and development in it."

And then, there can also be little to suggest the player himself will be sold on Arsenal at the moment. There is, perhaps a greater chance of him accomplishing more and having better exploits with the Foxes come the end of the season, rather than leaving midway to join a side currently sinking without trace.

Emmanuel Chinaza

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 5:05pm On Dec 25, 2019
Mickael2:

When Tammy was Oshimen's age, he was the highest goalscorer in the championships. Oshimen isn't even the highest goalscorer in France. Fear God oh

When was Tammy highest goalscorer in the Championship? What season was this?

Tammy never finished as higher goal scorer in the Championships. Never

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:07pm On Dec 25, 2019
Mickael2:

Now u tryna compare the championship with the ligue1? Lol get ur facts right, Osimhen is 20 while Tammy is 22, hence when Tammy was Osimhen's age, he singlehandedly sent Swansea back to the championship, from the EPL. In that regard, at 20, Tammy failed in a team(Swansea), equivalent to what(Lille) Osimhen is currently excelling in, aged 20 also.

Hello!!!

BTW, Tammy was never the goal king in the championship, at any time.

I av never seen u this preconceptious bro, just hope u didnt jump in without due premeditation, just to get at Supernerd bkus of the perceived beef btwn u two, by trying to take sides rather than being factual?

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 5:11pm On Dec 25, 2019
Chukwueze signs for Chelsea

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:12pm On Dec 25, 2019
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
ChrisKels:

Now u tryna compare the championship with the ligue1? Lol get ur facts right, Osimhen is 20 while Tammy is 22, hence when Tammy was Osimhen's age, he singlehandedly sent Swansea back to the championship, from the EPL. In that regard, at 20, Tammy failed in a team(Swansea), equivalent to what(Lille) Osimhen is currently excelling in, aged 20 also.

Hello!!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:13pm On Dec 25, 2019
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Subzero047:
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:13pm On Dec 25, 2019
Icon4s:
An elated Idion Ighalo received the news of his award on Monday 23rd December, a day he was Celebrating the 2nd anniversary of the launching of his orphanage home. It came as a shocker to him. Well done all.

And Merry Christmas!

Thank you sir
Weldone to everyone

Who knows, Ighalo might change his mind and return to the SE?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Abusule007: 5:13pm On Dec 25, 2019
TheSuperNerd:

Lingard is even on a higher level than Mbappe, Ben Yedder, Icardi, Cavani and even Payet. grin

I'm expecting my Christmas hamper from you grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 5:28pm On Dec 25, 2019
safarigirl:

When was Tammy highest goalscorer in the Championship? What season was this?

Tammy never finished as higher goal scorer in the Championships. Never

Apologies for that. He was the second highest goalscorer, doesn't change the fact at all. But OK.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:30pm On Dec 25, 2019
charlesemeka85:
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Yes the goal burden rested on his shoulders and he couldn't deliver, hence the ship sank under his watchful eyes. His failure to anchor the ship culminated to his as* being consigned to the bench at the tail end of the season and later sent away to Aston Villa by his parent club. Then, our resident Southgate gave us the excuse that his shoulders were too young for such burden, and to exonerate him even the more, he went as low as having a go at Osimhen by saying that Osimhen wouldn't make the youth team of any of the championship teams. Today, Osimhen is same age Tammy was when he played his first topflight season, while Tammy failed woefully, look how effortlessly Osimhen has shouldered this responsibility, yet this komekn guy still has the temerity to come in here to bleat like a goat as usual

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 5:33pm On Dec 25, 2019
Mickael2:

Apologies for that. He was the second highest goalscorer, doesn't change the fact at all. But OK.

Osimhen is currently third highest goalscorer in the French Ligue1 for now, which is higher than the Championship, and is an actual top flight club.

Tammy combusted in his first season in a top league, makes quite the difference

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 5:35pm On Dec 25, 2019
Subzero047:
When the window is not even open yet?

Photoshop Bro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 5:35pm On Dec 25, 2019
ChrisKels:

Hello!!!

BTW, Tammy was never the goal king in the championship, at any time.

I av never seen u this preconceptious bro, just hope u didnt jump in without due premeditation, just to get at Supernerd bkus of the perceived beef btwn u two, by trying to take sides rather than being factual?

Let me first of all point out that you talk a lot of rubbish and really should consider growing up, that is just a medical advice before it turns to a chronic issue. Your last paragraph is easily the stupidest thing you have said this year, and quite frankly that says a lot.

Then again, when Tammy was 20 going to 21 he was playing for Aston Villa, second highest goalscorer in the league. Oshimen is going to be 21 in a few days, so you cannot compare this to the season when Tammy was 19 going to 20. Is that clear?

Now I tender my unreserved apology for mistaking his position. It turns out he was the second highest goalscorer, does that make you happy? Or does that dispute the fact that based on current projection(again, based on current projections) Oshimen might not score that number of goals? Never mind the fact that he is in the French league.

And I am not saying that the championship is better than the Ligue 1, that might be arguable but not my point exactly, however, that was a direct reply to someone who said that when he was Oshimen's age he was shuttling between Chelsea and Swansea.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8023) (8024) (8025) (8026) (8027) (8028) (8029) ... (16378) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ThanosKilla(m), Ginistev, CornOak(m), aicon4s and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.