Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,015 members, 7,838,553 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8023) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11799809 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8020) (8021) (8022) (8023) (8024) (8025) (8026) ... (16208) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:28pm On Dec 24, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Crystal Palace have made a proposal to sign £25 million Club Brugge forward Emmanuel Dennis, according to FootMercato, while Everton have also joined the queue.

Barely a day goes by without yet another Premier League club being added to the race for one of the most coveted young strikers in Europe.

Dennis, who moved to Belgium from Ukrainian outfit Zorya Luhansk two years ago, has scored eight times in all competitions this season with that stunning brace away to Real Madrid in the Champions League group-stages catapulting him into the big-time.

The likes of Manchester United, Leicester City, Southampton and Brighton have all been linked in recent weeks though reports in France today suggest that Dennis could yet be on his way to Parks Selhurst or Goodison.

Goal-shy Crystal Palace have apparently made an offer now for a 22-year-old Nigerian who is valued at £25 million. Everton, who are under new management now in the shape of affable Italian Carlo Ancelotti, are also interested.

The Toffees have looked far more dangerous in attack since they parted company with Marco Silva earlier in December with Dominic Calvert-Lewin coming to the fore under interim boss Duncan Ferguson.

Dennis, however, is a speedy, versatile attacker who can play anywhere across the front line; meaning more competition could be on its way for Moise Kean.

He better go to the epl if they are serious oo or laliga

Someone suggested french league, that should be his last option

I am sure many people would have advice ndidi to go to the french league then because nobody expected a 19 year old ndidi to break into a Leicester city team immediately, a team that was defending the epl

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:31pm On Dec 24, 2019
According to reports in the Turkish media, Fenerbache is interested in signing Super Eagles captain Ahmed Musa in the January transfer window.

Fenerbahçe is said to be interested in the pacy winger and are ready to begin talks with his Saudi Arabian club, Al-Nassr ahead of January transfer window.

Musa played for 90 minutes in Al Nassr’s 3-0 away win against Al Adallah at the Prince Abdullah bin Malawi Sports City Stadium on Thursday, but it is believed that the player want to return to Europe.

Turkish paper, Fanatik reported that Fenerbahce are ready to bring Musa back to European football in a loan deal.

Fenerbahçe already have Nigerian winger Victor Moses who’s on loan from Chelsea on their payroll.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by simiife: 10:31pm On Dec 24, 2019
Etinosa1234:

there is one soccer star project that Ned nwoko is part of ...

There are going to be some trials holding in Enugu..Ondo and in some northern states

Just search soccer star project on Facebook

and also there is droom scouting agency...

They hold trials regularly in Nigeria

I'm jus saving money to attend one of them next year..

Good luck to u and also me

ok thanks, good luck to us
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:32pm On Dec 24, 2019
dennis will get playing time in a club like crystal palace if he joins them but i would love him to move to laliga or bundesliga
andrewbaba44:

He better go to the epl if they are serious oo or laliga

Someone suggested french league, that should be his last option

I am sure many people would have advice ndidi to go to the french league then because nobody expected a 19 year old ndidi to break into a Leicester city team immediately, a team that was defending the epl
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:34pm On Dec 24, 2019
charlesemeka85:
dennis will get playing time in a club like crystal palace if he joins them but i would love him to move to laliga or bundesliga

I agree with everything you said
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:38pm On Dec 24, 2019
e be like say them done they beef eze cus him wan play for 9ja grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

England-born Nigerian forward Eberechi Eze who plays for Queens Park Rangers, missed out on the Championship’s best young player poll voted by Sky Sports readers, Completesports.com reports.

The outcome of the poll was published on Sky Sports website on Tuesday.

The Championship best young player went to Leeds United’s Ben White.

After almost 40,000 votes were cast in the poll of 10 players aged 22 or younger, White got 22 per cent of the vote to beat Eze and others.

In second place was Hull City forward Jarrod Bowen while in third place was Birmingham City’s Jude Bellingham

Other players to feature in the vote were Derby’s Jayden Bogle, West Brom’s Grady Diangana (on loan from West Ham), West Brom’s Nathan Ferguson, Charlton’s Conor Gallagher (on loan from Chelsea), Huddersfield’s Karlan Grant and Bristol City’s Han-Noah Massengo.

Eze is eligible to play for Nigeria as he has never featured for the English senior national team in a competitive game.

Last month NFF president Amaju Pinnick visited Eze in England in a bid to convince the 21-year-old to switch his allegiance to Nigeria.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:39pm On Dec 24, 2019
charlesemeka85:
tammy seem more classy but osimhen is a dynamite. the guy's strength,pace and agility bellies his young age. also he seem more hungry

the only thing that i see stopping osimhem from becoming one of the best from the african continent atleast is injury, aside that he is built and molded to become a legend in the game which is propelled by his hunger and never say die spirit.

tammy is good and classy on the ball but can easily be caged by dreaded defenders

Lille play entirely to the strengths of Osimhen.

Osimhen is not technically astute as Tega.

If football was based on gra gra and aggression then there would be no need for technique.

Neymar, Mbappe, Messi, Ronaldo, are aggressive with technique. The dont just use pace bit football intelligence and incredible first touch football with pin point accuracy.

Tega is fast he just doesn't base his entire game on pace he has so much more. That's why you don't see him use so often. In addition the ball is not always played ahead for him to run on too.

Look how Tega links up the entire forward line as well as the midfield with one touch football bringing and knitting the team together to work with so much cohesion. That requires a lot more football intelligence and technical ability.

The idea of one player as a focal point works for a lot of teams but it's not the approach of most top teams today.

Tega has too much in his drawer technically to be caged easily. He makes defenders look foolish if they dive in.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:40pm On Dec 24, 2019
tega attorney cheesy cheesy cheesy
komekn:

If football was based on gra gra and aggression then there would be no need for technique.

Neymar, Mbappe, Messi, Ronaldo, are aggressive with technique. The dont just use pace bit football intelligence and incredible first touch football with pin point accuracy.

Tega is fast he just doesn't base his entire game on pace he has so much more. That's why you don't see him use so often. In addition the ball is not always played ahead for him to run on too.

Look how Tega links up the entire forward line as well as the midfield with one touch football bringing and knitting the team together to work with so much cohesion. That requires a lot more football intelligence and technical ability.

The idea of one player as a focal point works for a lot of teams but it's not the approach of most top teams today.

Tega has too much in his drawer technically to be caged easily. He makes defenders look foolish if they dive in.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:44pm On Dec 24, 2019
charlesemeka85:
both are exciting youngsters. tammy is good and more elegant on the ball with better touches but sentiment aside with osimhen's robust and all action style of play i will pick him ahead if tammy.

osimhen style makes him handful for opposing defenders. he is just exactly like ivorian and chelsea great didier drogba.

No he is not.

Drogba was technically ability, skill, devastating finishing and strength but his game was not based on pace. Huge difference.

Osimhen is aggressive that doesn't mean strength they are two different things.

Victor is a taller version of Vardy but a work in progress. Take away the pace from Vardy and what is left.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:48pm On Dec 24, 2019
see the way you sound as if osimhen na carpeter, i now see the reason many attack you here.

who told you that osimhen is not technical,skillful,strong on the ball and a good finisher? nawaooooo the hate is real!
komekn:

No he is not.

Drogba was technically ability, skill, devastating finishing and strength but his game was not based on pace. Huge difference.

Victor is a taller version of Vardy but a work in progress. Take away the pace from Vardy and what is left.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:51pm On Dec 24, 2019
anyone that have not seen osimhen play will think that he is a bloody carpenter after reading this your post. no be the same osimhen wey i don watch almost all his games this season both in ucl and french league? shocked
komekn:

No he is not.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:54pm On Dec 24, 2019
is tammy that good and reliable when chelsea is likely to spend big in bringing werner to stamford bridge? tammy that went missing against top teams in the epl this season?
komekn:

No he is not.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:55pm On Dec 24, 2019
Joebie:
I'm afraid, If I were to judge by the clips you shared alone, I would go for Osimhen.
Tammy's video did not do justice to his goal poaching instinct. Osimhen relies more on pace, and less trickery but clever ball control still. If I were a scout, after watching these clips, I would go for Osimhen. Osimhen is more a mobile forward. Really, they are different kind of players. I don't think Tammy will thrive in a team that likes to exploit the use of pace either.

As a recruiter with a remit to get a striker.

It will depend on the club, if you are talking top 6 clubs in the EPL then Tega will be first choice with the exclusion of Leicester.

Tega fits the bill for Chelsea, Tottenham, Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal. A player that plays within the team and strengthens it. And is technically astute can excel in a team system.

Victor strength is not technical ability but pace. His first touch is not great. In Leicester they play with a true number 9 and he may find it less difficult. Bournemouth, Brighton may be other options. Wolves is debatable.

Understand he may look super fast in the French league but it may not be so easy in the EPL.

The videos give an insight into players attributes character and particular style.

Victor is not going to bully any EPL defender the way he does it in the French league. The question is can he adapt his game to meet they physicality of the EPL.

He's better off going to the Bundesliga in my opinion or maybe Seria A.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 10:56pm On Dec 24, 2019
komekn:

na wa for you o. The same Tammy we all are watching or another one?

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:58pm On Dec 24, 2019
charlesemeka85:
is tammy that good and reliable when chelsea is likely to spend big in bringing werner to stamford bridge? tammy that went missing against top teams in the epl this season?

The value of a player is only known sometimes when he is not there.

Tega missed one game and chelsea looked like a toothless bulldog.

He knits the team together and makes them play as a cohesive unit. So he just doesn't bring the No. 9 position but a lot more.

In all honesty do you think Victor can do what Tega does in Chelsea.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:58pm On Dec 24, 2019
tammy will suit the likes of chelsea,man united,arsenal,real madrid,barca and bayern while osimhen will only strive in teams like brighton,aston villa,osasuna,paderborn and co? now i see that the hate is real

cheesy cheesy cheesy

see person wey i dey pity self if them dey enter him any how embarassed
komekn:

It will depend on the club, if you are talking top 6 clubs in the EPL then Tega will be first choice with the exclusion of Leicester.

Tega fits the bill for Chelsea, Tottenham, Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal. A player that plays within the team and strengthens it. And is technically astute can excel in a team system.

Victor strength is not technical ability but pace. His first touch is not great. In Leicester they play with a true number 9 and he may find it less difficult. Bournemouth, Brighton may be other options. Wolves is debatable.

Understand he may look super fast in the French league but it may not be so easy in the EPL.

The videos give an insight into players attributes character and particular style.

Victor is not going to bully any EPL defender the way he does it in the French league. The question is can he adapt his game to meet they physicality of the EPL.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:00pm On Dec 24, 2019
my brother i wonder oooooo

tammy dey good na wey chelsea dey hunt for striker anyhow and on the verge of signing timo werner from leipzig?
mostob:
na wa for you o. The same Tammy we all are watching or another one?

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:02pm On Dec 24, 2019
oga the grace tammy had to make the chelsea team this season is the transfer ban if not he would have been on loan to one of the epl new comers or the likes of burnley and co.

komekn:

He knits the team together and makes them play as a cohesive unit. So he just doesn't bring the No. 9 position but a lot more.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:04pm On Dec 24, 2019
because he is the best they have currently. if he can't bench giroud and bashuayi then he better retire from professional football. i pray werner joins as rumored so that he will see a real striker to compete for a starters shirt with

komekn:

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:07pm On Dec 24, 2019
charlesemeka85:
see the way you sound as if osimhen na carpeter, i now see the reason many attack you here.

who told you that osimhen is not technical,skillful,strong on the ball and a good finisher? nawaooooo the hate is real!

I did not say he can't finish and did not say he is weak.

I said he is not as technically astute comparative to Tega.

Victor games is PACE with the ball in front or in space or behind defenders or give and go around the forward line.

He is aggressive and but pure physicality no not like say Anichebe, Drogba, Demba Ba, Costa, Lukaku even Balotelli and Ibrahimovic.

What's your bench mark for physicality

This is not about HATE but objectivity.

Many here are not.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:10pm On Dec 24, 2019
so the epl have more rugged and physical defenders than the seria A? aside van dijk can you name any other top class cb currently in the epl?

wait make cb like koulibaily,skriniar,cheliani,romanogli or even de vrij catch tammy one on one for match
komekn:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 11:16pm On Dec 24, 2019
Tammy has wings too
grin musa and the things he sees

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:23pm On Dec 24, 2019
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Odunayaw:
Tammy has wings too

grin musa and the things he sees
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:26pm On Dec 24, 2019
New Everton boss Carlo Ancelotti has confirmed the worst fears of Super Eagles and Toffees fans after revealing on Christmas Eve that Alex Iwobi faces a spell on the sidelines following the hamstring injury he suffered in the opening minutes of the goalless draw against Arsenal this past weekend.

The Nigeria international will not be available for selection for one of the most demanding periods of the season, with the Italian football tactician revealing that the playmaker is expected to spend at least two weeks in the treatment room.

Ancelotti will not be able to count on the services of Iwobi for Premier League matches against Burnley (Dec 26), Newcastle United (Dec 28) and Manchester City (Jan 1), and it is all but confirmed that he will sit out the Merseyside derby against Liverpool (Jan 5).

Speaking to Everton TV, Ancelotti said : "Alex Iwobi is not going to play in the next games.

"He is going to rest for two or three weeks, then start [training] with the team."

A deadline day signing from Arsenal, Iwobi has been named in twenty-one matchday squads in all competitions since the start of the 2019-2020 season, starting on fifteen occasions.

Everton sit 15th in the Premier League table with 19 points from 18 matches and are only four points above the drop zone.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 11:28pm On Dec 24, 2019
andrewbaba44:

Okpotu don really hustle and he should be smiling now with some thousands of dollars, football and life no easy for naija sha

We should not blame him from removing 20 years from his age

Chai
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:29pm On Dec 24, 2019
charlesemeka85:
so the epl have more rugged and physical defenders than the seria A? aside van dijk can you name any other top class cb currently in the epl?

wait make cb like koulibaily,skriniar,cheliani,romanogli or even de vrij catch tammy one on one for match

Such a shame that Chelsea won't be facing Napoli or Juventus..

But no matter,Bayern go deal with them. .. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:30pm On Dec 24, 2019
charlesemeka85:
oga the grace tammy had to make the chelsea team this season is the transfer ban if not he would have been on loan to one of the epl new comers or the likes of burnley and co.

Football is about OPPORTUNITY.

And IF is a very big word. If Frank Lampard had not been appointed manager, if Chelsea had not been banned from making transfers, maybe all the youngsters would still be in the academy or on loan. Like I said IF is a very big word.

But Tega is currently second highest goal scorer in the EPL and has proven himself as a top striker and is now playing for England. So it's irrelevant speculation now.

I should add to my list of potential clubs for Victor, Newcastle, Southampton and WestHam.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:34pm On Dec 24, 2019
charlesemeka85:

It's not about defenders but style of play.

Seria A is not as physically intensive and as fast as the EPL but it's more technical. That's my view.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:35pm On Dec 24, 2019
charlesemeka85:
my brother i wonder oooooo

tammy dey good na wey chelsea dey hunt for striker anyhow and on the verge of signing timo werner from leipzig?

Chelsea is a top team they must have strength in depth.

They know if they loose Tega them they have problems. This is very normal.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:38pm On Dec 24, 2019
serie A is more physical and technical than the epl
komekn:

It's not about defenders but style of play.

Seria A is not as physically intensive and as fast as the EPL but it's more technical. That's my view.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:39pm On Dec 24, 2019
you forgot to add hibs in scotland and stoke city
komekn:

Football is about OPPORTUNITY.

And IF is a very big word. If Frank Lampard had not been appointed manager, if Chelsea had not been banned from making transfers, maybe all the youngsters would still be in the academy or on loan. Like I said IF is a very big word.

But Tega is currently second highest goal scorer in the EPL and has proven himself as a top striker and is now playing for England. So it's irrelevant speculation now.

I should add to my list of potential clubs for Victor, Newcastle, Southampton and WestHam.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 12:01am On Dec 25, 2019
charlesemeka85:
tammy will suit the likes of chelsea,man united,arsenal,real madrid,barca and bayern while osimhen will only strive in teams like brighton,aston villa,osasuna,paderborn and co? now i see that the hate is real

cheesy cheesy cheesy

see person wey i dey pity self if them dey enter him any how embarassed

Him no try as him no add stoke??

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8020) (8021) (8022) (8023) (8024) (8025) (8026) ... (16208) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Friday03 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.