Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,013 members, 7,838,548 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8039) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11799773 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8036) (8037) (8038) (8039) (8040) (8041) (8042) ... (16208) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 6:30pm On Dec 27, 2019
Its not about verdy getting injured,
but his matchday selection, and substitutions

Subzero047:

If Vardy is injured they are not making top 4
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:31pm On Dec 27, 2019
charlesemeka85:
una no go better issue argue or deliberate on na kimmich and TAA who is better but later una go dey form ancestors and football pioneers for this group

Bro no wound urself bkus of Rohr oo, all these anger Bkus say Pinnick hammer Rohr terms and conditions to getting a new deal? Easy my man, easy grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:33pm On Dec 27, 2019
do4luv14:
Make we see wether e go play nacho sef,

but if rogers no dey kiaful, dem go miss top 4 oo

He needs to be careful

But i still think they will make it
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:34pm On Dec 27, 2019
charlesemeka85:
hot trash

Can u factually prove that what he said was trash?

Dude was spot on
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:34pm On Dec 27, 2019
Dey happy na ur yam don done
ChrisKels:

Bro no wound urself bkus of Rohr oo, all these anger Bkus say Pinnick hammer Rohr terms and conditions to getting new deal? Easy my man, easy grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:36pm On Dec 27, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Dey happy na ur yam don done

U know say u na my man, and I really do care about ur well being grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:37pm On Dec 27, 2019
I don unman tey tey grin

Na forgiveness be my man now grin
ChrisKels:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 6:42pm On Dec 27, 2019
jimmyiovine:
[url][/url] https://www.completesports.com/nff-offers-rohr-new-contract-with-tough-conditions-takes-over-u17-players-economic-rights/

The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has offered Super Eagles boss, Gernot Rohr a brand new contract, but Completesports.com understands that it will come with stringent conditions.

Rohr on his own part is open to listening to offers from other football associations (FA) from January 1, 2020, but the NFF wants to retain the Franco-German until after the World Cup in 2022.

The new contract terms, Complete Sports, gathered will require that the former Bordeaux player and chief coach “must” live in the country (Lagos or Abuja).

He will also be allowed to travel on vacation only 3 times in a year. Also, the coach will not get an improved pay from his $55,000 per month deal.
The NFF will also ensure, unlike in the past three years where he earned wages tax free, that his income will be levied.

All his selections must be approved by the NFF Technical Committee.

Meanwhile, the NFF has also decided that all Nigerian U-17 footballers will surrender economic right to the NFF.

Any player linked to agents will have to choose whether to play for Nigeria or go with their agents. NFF will also sign with players’ parents.

With all these conditions, it is not yet certain if Rohr will accept the new parameters of his contract but in the past, he expressed his desire to continue on the job.
Yep the cabal are forcing Pinnick to make these moves.
Rohr should just reject the contract and leave. He doesn't deserve all this wahala.
How can he be told the number of times he can go on vacation? This is a national team job and not a club or corporate job.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:43pm On Dec 27, 2019
It makes sense that your worst nemesis is about been offered a new contract with no increament in pay and a clause that tax will be reducted from his salaries which literally implies that his pay will be reduced even after doing incredibly well with the national team and met all the targets in his previous contract.

I laff ur face. Let's just watch as events unfolds in future
ChrisKels:

Can u factually prove that what he said was trash?

Dude was spot on
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 6:45pm On Dec 27, 2019
Ok na.
Compliments ot the season

andrewbaba44:

He needs to be careful
But i still think they will make it

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 6:46pm On Dec 27, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

If we know what is going on with the AITEO deal, then we can have a better picture of what is going on.

My guess, the AITEO deal is off the table and the NFF guys can not spend recklessly and tax free as it was before.

I also suspect that was why Rohr got owed.

If Rohr is not ready to stay in the country and help develop the fame from within, I do not think he is worth that kind of money.

Simple

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 6:49pm On Dec 27, 2019
Finallyyyyy.....
Localman had been stunned with surprise,

papa Aribo nah Chriskel man,

kaii musa come oooo

ChrisKels:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:49pm On Dec 27, 2019
I think your claim on Pinnick being pressured by the cabal makes sense to me with the corruption cases hanging on his neck.

Why on earth will the nff expect Rohr to reside in Nigeria when 99% of his players ply their trade in Europe?

No decent European coach will sign such contract which will limit his authority and say in player selection and one which will confide him in Nigeria and only allowed to go for vacation 3 times in a whole calender year. Coaching job na ministry abi office work?

Indirectly Pinnick is on the verge of messing himself up which I doubt is known to him.

edi287:

Yep the cabal are forcing Pinnick to make these moves.
Rohr should just reject the contract and leave. He doesn't deserve all this wahala.
How can he be told the number of times he can go on vacation? This is a national team job and not a club or corporate job.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 6:52pm On Dec 27, 2019
do4luv14:
Its not about verdy getting injured,

but his matchday selection, and substitutions

Vardy is indispensable to the team and everything they do revolves around him

They don't even have a replacement
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:53pm On Dec 27, 2019
jimmyiovine:
Hmmm please which moves is Mr Nkoro talking about. Na the Rohr contract, abi na something else?

Football.. There was a game organised by Oshoala foundation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 6:56pm On Dec 27, 2019
charlesemeka85:
I think your claim on Pinnick being pressured by the cabal makes sense to me with the corruption cases hanging on his neck.

Why on earth will the nff expect Rohr to reside in Nigeria when 99% of his players ply their trade in Europe?

No decent European coach will sign such contract which will limit his authority and say in player selection and one which will confide him in Nigeria and only allowed to go for vacation 3 times in a whole calender year. Coaching job na ministry abi office work?

Indirectly Pinnick is on the verge of messing himself up which I doubt is known to him.

The new contract is worse than his former contract

They are essentially forcing him out

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 6:56pm On Dec 27, 2019
To what end??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 6:58pm On Dec 27, 2019
It is only in Nigeria that someone would be given a worse contract and more limitations after performing well

That is a kind of intimidation if you ask me

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:04pm On Dec 27, 2019
It's very obvious and they re forces behind that. This is one of the reasons why it will be difficult for any African team to win the world cup. Instability in all section in Africa have done a lot of bad to the continent.

Why force out a coach who resurrected the national team from ashes back to a force to reckon with once again in African football?

Why must the nff technical committee demand to have the final say in Rohr's player invitation when his players list right from the first day he took the job have been on point?

Why will the new contract mandate Rohr to live in Nigeria when 99.9% of his players both capped and uncapped ply their trade in Europe?

Alot is happening behind the scene which is beyond Pinnick's powers

Subzero047:

The new contract is worse than his former contract

They are essentially forcing him out

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:28pm On Dec 27, 2019
This should have been done at the onset. Making those insertions now sends a wrong message. Is Rohr going to get a bump in his pay, will his money be paid on time? Is this going to be an improved contract despite the new insertions? If not, then that’s like telling Rohr, if you don’t like it, go to blazes. I’m sure he sees the handwriting on the wall. At the end of the day who dem one hire next?

Mickael2:

So while every Nigerian pays taxes, Rohr should come and eat taxpayers money without paying his own tax? The NFF got that spot on. It is shameful that Rohr did not use to pay his taxes, come on, that means he is stealing from the government.

Again, there is no clause there that says he must insert a local player, just that his lists will be checked first and I think that too is spot on. Nobody is forcing any player on him, but when he decides to invite players from the Bulgarian Division 2 or wherever then he will be asked to defend that choice instead of just having a free hand and we all will say 'well, he is the coach'.

I don't know about the next person, but I think this is a standard contract. $55k no be beans, effectively all the low budget countries who would want to hire Rohr definitely cannot afford that. And with that salary, we can actually get someone better.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:37pm On Dec 27, 2019
charlesemeka85:
It's very obvious and they re forces behind that. This is one of the reasons why it will be difficult for any African team to win the world cup. Instability in all section in Africa have done a lot of bad to the continent.

Why force out a coach who resurrected the national team from ashes back to a force to reckon with once again in African football?

Why must the nff technical committee demand to have the final say in Rohr's player invitation when his players list right from the first day he took the job have been on point?

Why will the new contract mandate Rohr to live in Nigeria when 99.9% of his players both capped and uncapped ply their trade in Europe?

Agreed

And this is too bad
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 7:46pm On Dec 27, 2019
Oshimen currently being interviewed live on nigeriainfo lagos 99.3
in their studio right now.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:51pm On Dec 27, 2019
Who exactly are the cabals self ? they must be very powerful enough to render Pinnick impotent in the same organization he heads grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:00pm On Dec 27, 2019
charlesemeka85:
I don unman tey tey grin

Na forgiveness be my man now grin

If I jab ur left ear with my back hand ehh

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:07pm On Dec 27, 2019
cheesy
ChrisKels:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:07pm On Dec 27, 2019
Once Eze improves on his work rate, the world would bow for him. He is a gem

https:///UwdWiNEPGD?amp=1
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 8:15pm On Dec 27, 2019
charlesemeka85:

My brother, I tire for all these new stringent clauses NFF put for Rohr. If we frustrate this man out of this job, several countries will quickly sign him. I heard NFF is considering Avrant Grant in case Rohr leaves. What makes them feel Grant will take nonsense from them such as unpaid salaries etc. I feel Rohr understands African football better and their financial challenges. He decided to work with Nigeria because of the stars we parade. NFF should better pipe low on their expectations from Rohr.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 8:18pm On Dec 27, 2019
Subzero047:
It is only in Nigeria that someone would be given a worse contract and more limitations after performing well

That is a kind of intimidation if you ask me

Bros we call such action a black belle action
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 8:43pm On Dec 27, 2019
daveP:
They wana control player selections again despite it being a large part of structure disorganization in th SE for the last 30yrs??

Who is pressing this reverse button please?

Rohr too should stay in Nigeria more now.

All these just shows the NFF no sabi draft simple contract, terms and conditions.

Like imagine the shifts, remodifications over the years......

Sad sad.

And wait, NFF aren't on their own Permanent site all these years? Sharing building with a federal ministry?

Urgggghhhhh

Are you sure about the below?

And wait, NFF aren't on their own Permanent site all these years? Sharing building with a federal ministry?

But I don't honestly like the path NFF is toeing of recent with respect to Rohr's contract renewal thingy though
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:48pm On Dec 27, 2019
Kdb please do the lord's work
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 9:04pm On Dec 27, 2019
Subzero047:
Kdb please do the lord's work

For your FPL team right? grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 9:05pm On Dec 27, 2019
ChrisKels:

This pic self. Did the guy really slap Mugabe?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8036) (8037) (8038) (8039) (8040) (8041) (8042) ... (16208) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Mujtahida, bennie1980(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.