Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,302 members, 7,850,074 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 01:53 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8229) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11861827 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8226) (8227) (8228) (8229) (8230) (8231) (8232) ... (16249) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 5:33pm On Jan 31, 2020
Debate shifted to Haaland vs Osimhen.

I can't lie, Haaland is rated higher and has a better stat

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:37pm On Jan 31, 2020
elyte89:

Same method,long talks to evade d point of discussion... D fact still remains,Both played in a competition we can use to judge both abilities.. One proofed himself better..weda he scored tap ins or not ..ko kan aiye grin grin...8GOALS IN A CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GROUP STAGE NO B BEANS...and None of our Nigeria striker has ever held dt record.....#LIVING OR DEAD cool

So does this mean norway have a better team than naija ?

Yes none of our striker have scored 8 goals in a champions league group stage, even no english striker have done that so does that mean that haaland is better than all english strikers that have ever played in the champions league ?

Almighty luis suarez have never scored 8 in a champions league group stage does that make haaland better than him seems you wanna go buy such judgement ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:39pm On Jan 31, 2020
Utonwanne:
Debate shifted to Haaland vs Osimhen.

I can't lie, Haaland is rated higher and has a better stat

Maybe after this season because he will do well for dortmund

I will never judge with the austria league, i repeat never

If player dey austria league almost all of una here no go rate am, but as na oyinbo una dey worship am

Same austria league kayode did things and you guys didnt take him serious

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by sophtcopy: 5:41pm On Jan 31, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

Still barking... Is it the menstrual periods? grin Just make up your mind on your gender abeg. The ladies in here arent ashamed to be identified as females but it seems you have a hidden agenda... When you sort out your gender wahala making you call a well known male moniker a woman, then I will know... But for now... You are a she-man... A catfish possibly sef. Lol **I laugh in Haaland**

Hian this thing pain you gan o
Ok, I'm a she-man, catfish. I am whatever you decide to call me. are you ok now? If yes, good for you. If no, then na you sabi but that does not change the fact that Haaland is better than our Osimen atm ...biko mu idebono whe pobaro. Shuo angry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:43pm On Jan 31, 2020
Lol.... Same response. Cooking up just any swaddle speak to say and turning a blind eye to the holistic angle just to avoid being floored by a superior argument. I know una way here naa.... grin

Osimhen have had a longer run of consistency than Haaland in a better and tougher league and us repeating same mad consistency in a much higher French Ligue 1 without waiting to settle down sef.

Haaland just dey start. Using a one off UCL competition is a short cut especially both played in teams of different Quality. RB Salzburg boast better midfielders/creators than Lille as evidenced by how Liverpool snapped up Minamino so fast...

So if we use the UCL as a stand alone for argument... Then Even Hakimi outscored Ronaldo in the UCL group stages and I guess that makes Hakimi better than CR7 without question! cool grin

See in the senselessness in your so called sensible post. All na fallacical goobledygook. Lol..

Osimhen have had and enjoyed the better consistency in a tougher league before France. Haaland was bossing a league Kayode also bossed. Loooll.... Una funny abeg.

Abeg... Whatever makes you sleep... grin

elyte89:

Same method,long talks to evade d point of discussion... D fact still remains,Both played in a competition we can use to judge both abilities.. One proofed himself better..weda he scored tap ins or not ..ko kan aiye grin grin...8GOALS IN A CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GROUP STAGE NO B BEANS...and None of our Nigeria striker has ever held dt record.....#LIVING OR DEAD cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:44pm On Jan 31, 2020
sophtcopy:

Hian this thing pain you gan o
Ok, I'm a she-man, catfish. I am whatever you decide to call me. are you ok now? If yes, good for you. If no, then na you sabi but that does not change the fact that Haaland is better than our Osimen atm ...biko mu idebono whe pobaro. Shuo angry

S'il te plait tais-toi et laisse-moi être un poisson-chat ... loolll...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 5:45pm On Jan 31, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Yes none of our striker have scored 8 goals in a champions league group stage, even no english striker have done that so does that mean that haaland is better than all english strikers that have ever played in the champions league ?

Almighty luis suarez have never scored 8 in a champions league group stage does that make haaland better than him seems you wanna go buy such judgement ?

This is osimhen vs haaland debate not who's a better team btw Norway and Nigeria..Mr Andrew grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nostradamus1: 5:47pm On Jan 31, 2020
elyte89:

bro ur argument get k-leg .u can't us one competition to judge 2 players talk more of a youngster who was virtually unheard of until last year to someone who have over 3 years of footballing career .
Talking about the UCL ,that haaland has more goals than osihmen doesn't make him the netter to of the duo.
Or are u also going to say that haaland is better than salah or Mane or Messi or even Ronaldo .
Football is not judged that way Biko. Different players contribute differently in various team.And osihmen is far more indispensable than haaland in their team

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:47pm On Jan 31, 2020
It is part of it because it all came from that point. You people hyping up bang average Norway because of Haaland. That is absolute Nonsense. Lol

elyte89:

This is osimhen vs haaland debate not who's a better team btw Norway and Nigeria..Mr Andrew grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:48pm On Jan 31, 2020
elyte89:

Haaland is not better than victor

Maybe if haaland finish this season with good stats in the bundesliga i would agree with you, thou he has already started with 5 goals in 2 games

I cannot rate someone stats from the austria league , Period

You suppose know say me no dey follow una hype naija player,i go talk am as i see am

For now haaland is not better than victor

Finito

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:50pm On Jan 31, 2020
Nostradamus1:
bro ur argument get k-leg .u can't us one competition to judge 2 players talk more of a youngster who was virtually unheard of until last year to someone who have over 3 years of footballing career .
Talking about the UCL ,that haaland has more goals than osihmen doesn't make him the netter to of the duo.
Or are u also going to say that haaland is better than salah or Mane or Messi or even Ronaldo .
Football is not judged that way Biko. Different players contribute differently in various team.And osihmen is far more indispensable than haaland in their team

Another beautiful way to look at things. Osimhen is indeed far more important to Lille now than Haaland is to Dortmund.

Osimhen is Lille's Highest valued player also. Haaland is not Dortmund's Highest valued player... That title belongs to Jadon Sancho.

Mr.Nostradamus1... merci Beaucoup. cool

**Smiles like Alhassan Yusuf**

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 5:52pm On Jan 31, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Maybe after this season because he will do well for dortmund

I will never judge with the austria league, i repeat never

If player dey austria league almost all of una here no go rate am, but as na oyinbo una dey worship am

Same austria league kayode did things and you guys didnt take him serious

Coughs... He proved himself again in a more competitive league (champions league) scoring 8goals in d group stage alone...d qualities he faced in champions league re more tougher and highly rated, d likes of Liverpool,Napoli ...yet he showed his consistency in d league,went to Germany now,under less Dan 60mins ,he has bagged 5goals,starting from d bench,deres something special abt dt boy "HAALAND" grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:53pm On Jan 31, 2020
Nostradamus1:

Tell am
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by sophtcopy: 5:54pm On Jan 31, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

S'il te plait tais-toi et laisse-moi être un poisson-chat ... loolll...
tais-toi, tu n'as pas de qualités de leader. les dirigeants ne discutent pas aveuglément tongue
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:54pm On Jan 31, 2020
elyte89:

Coughs... He proved himself again in a more competitive league (champions league) scoring 8goals in d group stage alone...d qualities he faced in champions league re more tougher and highly rated, d likes of Liverpool,Napoli ...yet he showed his consistency in d league,went to Germany now,under less Dan 60mins ,he has bagged 5goals,starting from d bench,deres something special abt dt boy "HAALAND" grin

Then haaland is also better than luis suarez seems he has scored 8 goals in a champions league group stage and suarez have never done that

He is also better than salah and mane combined seems he got 8 goals in the same group where both could not get such goals

Finito

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by sophtcopy: 5:59pm On Jan 31, 2020
Nigeria current squad beats Norway's hands down, no argument but Haaland, for now beats Osimen hands down even though Osimen has the potentials to be better. That Haaland of a guy has 8 champions league goals this season and already has 5 goals for Dortmund in 2 games from the bench. Person no suppose to dey argue this kind matter na

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:01pm On Jan 31, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Only in a few instances when the coach switches it up tactically. But Ekambi is a striker and so is Paco. Samu is their main man on the Right wing and in Right midfield. Paco's competitions are mainly Moreno and Bacca.

Not really, someone like Gerard has been used on the right wing just as much as in the middle. U

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 6:02pm On Jan 31, 2020
elyte89:

No need for argument bro. Except for Nigerians, the rest of the world will agree that Haaland is better. I mean, the stats speak for itself. smiley smiley
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:02pm On Jan 31, 2020
sophtcopy:
Nigeria current squad beats Norway's hands down, no argument but Haaland, for now beats Osimen hands down even though Osimen has the potentials to be better. That Haaland of a guy has 8 champions league goals this season and already has 5 goals for Dortmund in 2 games from the bench. Person no suppose to dey argue this kind matter na

I say make season end first, yes he has already started well, i will rate a fire power in the german league and not austria

I will never rate a player by just the austrian league, Period

You cant just look at champions league and judge a player with that only, if so haaland is better than mane and salah who they both play in the same group and none of them could get his 8 goals
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:03pm On Jan 31, 2020
Blueelf:

No need for argument bro. Except for Nigerians, the rest of the world will agree that Haaland is better. I mean, the stats speak for itself. smiley smiley

Stats from austria league ?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 6:04pm On Jan 31, 2020
sophtcopy:

As in ehn, I couldn't have said it better.

How can I still say with a clear conscience that Osimhen is better? I understand that as Nigerians, we need to celebrate our own but common now, Haaland defeats any striker of his age grade in Europe hands down
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:04pm On Jan 31, 2020
sophtcopy:

tais-toi, tu n'as pas de qualités de leader. les dirigeants ne discutent pas aveuglément tongue

Allez acheter votre flagyl et laissez-moi naa ... Suis-je votre béguin? laisse moi biko.... And I'm not sorry... I don't do "She-Men" *yuck*

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 6:05pm On Jan 31, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Andrew, just look at their league games and you can't but accept that Haaland is better.

Before, they said that he was doing it in a weaker Austrian league. Now, I wonder what Osimhen fan boys will say again. Please Note that Haaland didn't even start in both games he played in the Bundesliga
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 6:08pm On Jan 31, 2020
All those rating Osimhen higher than Haaland should go to any football website that ranks players in Europe and see for themselves.

All this argument shouldn't even be had sef angry angry

That's how they said Nacho was better than Mbappe grin grin. We all saw how that ended cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:09pm On Jan 31, 2020
Blueelf:

Andrew, just look at their league games and you can't but accept that Haaland is better.

Before, they said that he was doing it in a weaker Austrian league. Now, I wonder what Osimhen fan boys will say again. Please Note that Haaland didn't even start in both games he played in the Bundesliga

Check my comments again bro where i said haaland has started well in the german league and if he continues like this i will agree he is better by the end of the season , i wont say he is better for now because of champions league 8 goals or his austria league stats, Nope

And neither did i say osimhen is better, maybe i will go with the way thesupernerd put it saying they are on par

You suppose know say me no dey hype naija players
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by sophtcopy: 6:11pm On Jan 31, 2020
Na this kain Haaland vs Osimen talk dey vex egbon komekn grin ...I really enjoyed reading that bros contributions on this thread with hin big big grammar. Na because of him I join the thread. I join finish, egbon disappear
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:12pm On Jan 31, 2020
sophtcopy:
Na this kain Haaland vs Osimen talk dey vex egbon komekn grin ...I really enjoyed reading that bros contributions on this thread. Na because of him I join the thread. I join finish, egbon disappear

Lol

No suprise if that egbon no come rate haaland, when no be british born grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by sophtcopy: 6:13pm On Jan 31, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Lol

No suprise if that egbon no come rate haaland, when no be british born grin
Lol... that sounds like what egbon can do
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nostradamus1: 6:14pm On Jan 31, 2020
sophtcopy:
Na this kain Haaland vs Osimen talk dey vex egbon komekn grin ...I really enjoyed reading that bros contributions on this thread with hin big big grammar. Na because of him I join the thread. I join finish, egbon disappear
u still come dey?

u for disappear join
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:14pm On Jan 31, 2020
Yeah, I know Moreno alternates very well at Villarreal between CF and the Wings but I don't think Ekambi featured that prominently in alternate roles. Moreno is their first choice CF mind you so he's hardly dropped in any tactical set-up at Villarreal by Calleja.

BascoVanVeli:

Not really, someone like Gerard has been used on the right wing just as much as in the middle. U

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:15pm On Jan 31, 2020
Blueelf:
All those rating Osimhen higher than Haaland should go to any football website that ranks players in Europe and see for themselves.

All this argument shouldn't even be had sef angry angry

That's how they said Nacho was better than Mbappe grin grin. We all saw how that ended cheesy cheesy

Nobody said nacho was better than mbappe bro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by sophtcopy: 6:16pm On Jan 31, 2020
Nostradamus1:
u still come dey?

u for disappear join
I don't know why this is funny

(1) (2) (3) ... (8226) (8227) (8228) (8229) (8230) (8231) (8232) ... (16249) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Amedino99(m), Philosopher1979, GMBOFASIA and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.