Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,451 members, 7,850,575 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:27 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8228) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11865748 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8225) (8226) (8227) (8228) (8229) (8230) (8231) ... (16250) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 2:27pm On Jan 31, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Because this is a super eagles thread and I don’t like overhyping

Norway is not on super eagles level

Simple and clear
Naso

Same thing we said of their neighbors-Denmark not until they knack our Dear Super Eagles 4:1 at France 98 world cup even with the best of the best back then ooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 2:50pm On Jan 31, 2020
tbaba1234:

I think it is false now.. Can't find any reputable source.
Saw it on sky
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 2:56pm On Jan 31, 2020
Ayoze Perez... 26 matches - 7goals

Nacho... 12 matches--8goals
Nacho!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Are dey mad? cheesy

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:01pm On Jan 31, 2020
Kbs468:

Naso

Same thing we said of their neighbors-Denmark not until they knack our Dear Super Eagles 4:1 at France 98 world cup even with the best of the best back then ooo

Same thing you people also said on iceland and we ended up beating them grin

You where not on this thread then but i can beat my chest that you said iceland was better than the eagles just as you are trying to proove a point with norway, na una talk say iceland wey portugal no fit beat naija no go beat them

Please i am not among the people that said so during france 98, i am a young dude and i didnt watch the tournament with my dad then

Did norway qualify for the euro 2020 self ?

I am really suprised by the knowledge of many of you in this game of football

Na now i know why most black men dey ass lick oyinbo grin

Suddenly because of a 19 year old kid norway is now better than naija ?

Same naija that a strong brazillian team could not beat

I fit bet my money say norway must chop 2 goals against brazil

Smh
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:04pm On Jan 31, 2020
Somebody said something about corona stopping Ighalo from joining Manutd, I'm not sure it's true because Sheffield united just signed a guy from same China

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:06pm On Jan 31, 2020
jihday:
Somebody said something about corona stopping Ighalo from joining Manutd, I'm not sure it's true because Sheffield united just signed a guy from same China

Man united are not that serious in the deal, they are still looking at others options and beside the corona of a thing is yet to hit ighalo side in china

Carrasco just joined ATM also
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:07pm On Jan 31, 2020
kellycute:
Ayoze Perez... 26 matches - 7goals

Nacho... 12 matches--8goals
Nacho!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Are dey mad? cheesy

Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:16pm On Jan 31, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Man united are not that serious in the deal, they are still looking at others options and beside the corona of a thing is yet to hit ighalo side in china

Carrasco just joined ATM also
That's true, it happened yesterday

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 3:43pm On Jan 31, 2020
Mo Salah could go to the 2020 Olympics, and we did not qualify
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:54pm On Jan 31, 2020
Heracles wants 5m euros for cyriel dessers with spal and Celta vigo interested
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:59pm On Jan 31, 2020
charlesemeka85:
Heracles wants 5m euros for cyriel dessers with spal and Celta vigo interested

I tell you good move if it will happen

Dessers look cheap, dude should cost nothing less than 15m euros
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:01pm On Jan 31, 2020
Subzero047:
Mo Salah could go to the 2020 Olympics, and we did not qualify

No big deal, he went to the 2012 olympic and didnt win anything so there is nothing bad in trying again

I am sure he wont still win this one
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by timay(m): 4:07pm On Jan 31, 2020
andrewbaba44:

No big deal, he went to the 2012 olympic and didnt win anything so there is nothing bad in trying again

Even if them carry the Egyptian National team go Olympics, they won't still win any medal. Egypt sabi choke when it comes to the World stage
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 4:09pm On Jan 31, 2020
SE top performers in January

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:13pm On Jan 31, 2020
timay:

Even if them carry the Egyptian National team go Olympics, they won't still win any medal. Egypt sabi choke when it comes to the World stage

Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 1realBobby(m): 4:15pm On Jan 31, 2020
Subzero047:
SE top performers in January

Haaland : 2 games (not up to 60 minutes combined) : 5 goals cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by sophtcopy: 4:32pm On Jan 31, 2020
charlesemeka85:
the sight of his moniker is beginning to irritate me. you knw say me no sabi pretend at all
So because person no agree with your opinion mean say you must hate on them? oga that na very foolish talk

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:37pm On Jan 31, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Exactement joor! grin If Egypt like, let them carry a First XI of Salahs... Dem no go win that Gold medal. Lol

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 4:39pm On Jan 31, 2020
1realBobby:

Those who knw d truth,knw d truth... Haaland is nobody mate in super eagles strikers set up @ d moment

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by sophtcopy: 4:43pm On Jan 31, 2020
Osimen is good no doubt but Harland is better make we no lie. It's very much ok to support and hype our players but make we try to dey talk true sometimes abeg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:44pm On Jan 31, 2020
elyte89:

Those who knw d truth,knw d truth... Haaland is nobody mate in super eagles strikers set up @ d moment

Taa shatap dia! Haaland asslicker... grin He just started from the bench and we will not hear word. I didn't see you talking like this when Osimhen began his Ligue 1 journey in similar blistering manner. Abeg park well joor.... Haaland ko... He is good but he is not better than Osimhen. Even Iheanacho no be him mate based on experience. Haaland is an upstart who was tearing up lowly Austria... Let him tear up Germany as consistently as Osimhen is tearing up France... Then we can talk. But right now... Make una allow the boy have a run Biko.

Truth ko... As if you recognise truth in all cases. Una wey dey dodgy over truth. Lol... Funny lots...

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:45pm On Jan 31, 2020
Your statement in itself is a lie. Thank you. Pesin wey put "f" beside him moniker.. then commot am later on. Bro... You dey lie abeg.

sophtcopy:
Osimen is good no doubt but Harland is better make we no lie. It's very much ok to support and hype our players but make we try to dey talk true sometimes abeg

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:50pm On Jan 31, 2020
Zero goals for Norway by the way (but to be fair he has played just two games so far). Let the lad play ball... Una hype no make sense. Osimhen delivered in a league far higher than Austria... That was the Belgian league. Now he is delivering consistently in France.... Haaland was destroying Austria... Same Austria that Kayode destroyed oooo and even bagged MVP and top scorer. Lol

Abeg softly softly abeg... Una no dey make any sense. Haaland that I rate highly? Hahahahahaha... Abeg Allow Haaland to have his run in the bundesliga instead of measuring him up against a lad who has delivered and is delivering consistent goal scoring magic in higher leagues than Haaland bagged most of his goals at. Lol

1realBobby:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by sophtcopy: 4:52pm On Jan 31, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Your statement in itself is a lie. Thank you. Pesin wey put "f" beside him moniker.. then commot am later on. Bro... You dey lie abeg.

Lol...z abeg tell me how that one take concern you sis. And I'll also like to know how the f take affect the discus. Ordinary truth you no fit talk, na my f you dey track up and down. Sis shift abeg grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:55pm On Jan 31, 2020
sophtcopy:

Lol...z abeg tell me how that one take concern you sis. And I'll also like to know how the f take affect the discus. Ordinary truth you no fit talk, na my f you dey track up and down. Sis shift abeg grin

Coming from someone who can't make up his(her) mind over whether she/he be man or woman... Abeg u dey shame for your gender? grin You are dodgy over your gender and you are now being dodgy over truth on Haaland... Abeg... She-man... Go sort your gender issues out first okay... Afrer that we can really have a conversation. Dodgy She-man... Lol... Might even be a "catfish" who knows? grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 5:01pm On Jan 31, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Zero goals for Norway by the way (but to be fair he has played just two games so far). Let the lad play ball... Una hype no make sense. Osimhen delievered in a league far higher than Austria... That was the Belgian league. Now he is delivering consistently in France.... Haaland was destroying Austria... Same Austria that Kayode destroyed oooo and even bagged MVP and top scorer. Lol

Abeg softly softly abeg... Una no dey make any sense. Allow Haaland to have his run in the bundesliga instead of measuring him up against a lad who has delivered and is delivering consistent goal scoring magic in higher leagues than Haaland bagged most of his goals at. Lol

Lol we re not only over hyping haaland ,we re also hyping with sense..u shld do Same too

Both osimhen and haaland played in d same champions league with haaland playing in d same current champions league winner grin..see d stat below as a reminder

cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by sophtcopy: 5:03pm On Jan 31, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

Coming from someone who can't make up his(her) mind over whether she/he be man or woman... Abeg u dey shame for your gender? grin You are dodgy over your gender and you are now being dodgy over truth on Haaland... Abeg... She-man... Go sort your gendee issues out first okay... Afrer that we can really have a conversation. Dodgy She-man... Lol... Might even be a "catfish" who knows? grin
See me see this woman wey call herself Superman o. Anyway, you want make I talk ni but I no owe you any explanation. I put f and I comot am back, how that one take be your problem? Afterall I no put m ...later una go say village people wicked. Back to the discus, TheSupernerd, I appreciate your love for our players. I know you love the eagles so much both young and old, homegrown and foreign born but deep down in your heart, I know you know that HARLAND IS BETTER THAN OSIMEN ATM ...Osimen has the potentials to be better sha, but right now now now with wetin we dey see for tv, Harland better o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:20pm On Jan 31, 2020
Osaze Urhoghide – The Nigeria U20, U23 Reject Making Waves In England With Sheffield Wednesday

‎Not many youngsters get high praises on their debut for the first team of any professional side but that wasn’t the case for little known Osaze Urhoghide when he made his bow for Sheffield Wednesday against Brighton in the FA Cup.

The 19 year old joined the team in the summer after he was released by AFC Wimbledon but he showed no sign of a player who had to undergo trials in order to bag a deal when he made his debut with his team knocking Brighton and Hove Albion out of a the FA Cup with a 1-0 win.

His rise to the level where he is now wasn’t quite easy as he was dropped by the coaches of the Nigeria U20 and later U23 before AFC Wimbledon cut him loose in the summer.

Reflecting on that setback, the player reckoned he contemplated his future as a footballer after the disappointment at AFC Wimbledon as he was stranded when they refuse to renew his contract last summer.

“In the summer my contract ended with AFC Wimbledon, I was looking for a new club.

“It was tough, I didn’t know where I was going to end up and Sheffield Wednesday picked me up.”

After the clean sheet he beamed: “What a stage to make my debut. I’m so happy. The hard work I have put in, people don’t understand what I’ve been through.

“It’s just great, to get the win, clean sheet, it’s just a dream come true.

“When I came out, I was looking around, I was like, ‘wow, this is a proper match day’. I loved it,” adding he is grateful to manager Garry Monk for trusting the 19-year-old, who found out he was starting on the eve of the game played on the 5th of January.

Now he has emerged as the toast of many including English Premier League legends Ian Wright and Peter Crouch who were both full of praises on his performance in the win over Brighton, which has helped him cement a spot as a first team player. Few months after establishing himself as a regular for the U23.

If he maintains his form it won’t be long before he get noticed by coach of the senior national team of Nigeria Gernot Rohr who is presently combing Europe for young defenders eligible to represent Nigeria.

Source:Owngoal
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:21pm On Jan 31, 2020
elyte89:

Lol we re not only over hyping haaland ,we re also hyping with sense..u shld do Same too

Both osimhen and haaland played in d same champions league with haaland playing in d same current champions league winner grin..see d stat below as a reminder

cool

I am sorry.. but sense always goes missing when you talk down a Nigerian star. grin It always goes missing I tell you from your end and that of others who stand on that senseless ground when you try so hard to use a Euro player's achievements to make a Nigerian star's achievements look like trash. Always senseless because you will tow the path of selective analyses and isolated arguments... Lol. It is predictable.

Haaland scored in the UCL more yes... Congrats to him. He had the luxury of very wonderful midfield machines feeding him very well for easy tap-ins unlike what Osimhen endures at Lille.

But I also need to remind you...

Haaland has scored the largest share of his goals in the lowly Austrian league.
Osimhen was doing it in a much higher league in Belgium!!!

Kayode have also smashed and raped the same Austrian league which makes what Haaland did there look like almost nothing... Lol...

Respect to the lad and I have love for him but he has not yet shown the consistency Osimhen have shown in bigger leagues from Belgium and now to France.

Haaland just left Austria man... A league classes below the Belgian league in everything!! Let the lad have his run of consistency... Then we can talk...

Here are pics you can enjoy that back up all I say...

1. Osimhen's stats in a Bigger Belgian league leading to his current show of consistency in France...

2. Haaland in Lowly Austria leading to an upgrade to Germany....

3. Kayode doing similar thing Haaland did in Austria...

So sorry man... Like I said... You and your lots deceive yourselves into thinking you argue or hype with sense when in fact there is an absolute absence of it. grin grin cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:26pm On Jan 31, 2020
sophtcopy:

See me see this woman wey call herself Superman o. Anyway, you want make I talk ni but I no owe you any explanation. I put f and I comot am back, how that one take be your problem? Afterall I no put m ...later una go say village people wicked. Back to the discus, TheSupernerd, I appreciate your love for our players. I know you love the eagles so much both young and old, homegrown and foreign born but deep down in your heart, I know you know that HARLAND IS BETTER THAN OSIMEN ATM ...Osimen has the potentials to be better sha, but right now now now with wetin we dey see for tv, Harland better o

Still barking... Is it the menstrual periods? grin Just make up your mind on your gender abeg. The ladies in here arent ashamed to be identified as females but it seems you have a hidden agenda... When you sort out your gender wahala making you call a well known male moniker a woman, then I will know... But for now... You are a she-man... A catfish possibly sef. Lol **I laugh in Haaland**

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 5:30pm On Jan 31, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

I am sorry.. but sense always goes missing when you talk down a Nigerian star. grin It always goes missing I tell you from your end and that of others who stand on that senseless ground when you try so hard to use a Euro player's achievements to make a Nigerian star's achievements look like trash. Always senseless because you will tow the path of selective analyses and isolated arguments... Lol. It is predictable.

Haaland scored in the UCL more yes... Congrats to him. He had the luxury of very wonderful midfield machines feeding him very well for easy tap-ins unlike what Osimhen endures at Lille.

But I also need to remind you...

Haaland has scored the largest share of his goals in the lowly Austrian league.
Osimhen was doing it in a much higher league in Belgium!!!

Kayode have also smashed and raped the same Austrian league which makes what Haaland did there look like almost nothing... Lol...

Respect to the lad and I have love for him but he has not yet shown the consistency Osimhen have shown in bigger leagues from Belgium and now to France.

Haaland just left Austria man... A league classes below the Belgian league in everything!! Let the lad have his run of consistency... Then we can talk...

Here are pics you can enjoy that back up all I say...

1. Osimhen's stats in a Bigger Belgian league leading to his current show of consistency in France...

2. Haaland in Lowly Austria leading to an upgrade to Germany....

3. Kayode doing similar thing Haaland did in Austria...

So sorry man... Like I said... You and your lots deceive yourselves into thinking you argue or hype with sense when in fact there is an absolute absence of it. grin grin cheesy

Same method,long talks to evade d point of discussion... D fact still remains,Both played in a competition we can use to judge both abilities.. One proofed himself better..weda he scored tap ins or not ..ko kan aiye grin grin...8GOALS IN A CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GROUP STAGE NO B BEANS...and None of our Nigeria striker has ever held dt record.....#LIVING OR DEAD cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:32pm On Jan 31, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

Exactement joor! grin If Egypt like, let them carry a First XI of Salahs... Dem no go win that Gold medal. Lol

lols

(1) (2) (3) ... (8225) (8226) (8227) (8228) (8229) (8230) (8231) ... (16250) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: jihday(m) and 14 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.