Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,908 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:05 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8485) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11610495 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8482) (8483) (8484) (8485) (8486) (8487) (8488) ... (16126) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 3:55pm On Apr 07, 2020
Danielnino00:

Aren't they going to pay him in the naira equivalent of his salary?

He can easily change the currency to dollar of euro in Nigeria if he so wishes..
Its not that simple Danny.

Remember during GEJ times when the dollar was pegged btw 190 and 200? Corpers were paid 19800 fa?

Now thats exact $100 then.

Fast-forward to present times, corpers were seen jubilating upandan about the increase to 33k. Many even tipped Buhari for 3rd term, jokingky mostly though.

The fun fact is that very 33k is exact $100

Same amount in dollars as Gej times.

2 steps forward, 16paces backward.

The naira is just getting worse. And that is being used to scam nigerians.

Pinnick na smart man.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by barackodam: 3:58pm On Apr 07, 2020
do4luv14:
You are right,

but if the coach wanna work with the Eagles, he should accept, and shame the NFF,

by giving his best

How can you give your best working in a condition that doesn't soothes you?

No be here we dey all throughout ending of last year wey NFF dey carry am play? You think the conditions they're giving him is going to make him work, even half as good?

It seems Rohr has spoilt us so bad that we forgot we didn't qualify for the previous 2 Nations Cup. Back to Back.

He was working in his own conditions and we qualified for world cup in a group with Zambia, Algeria and Cameroon.......comfortably!!!!

He was working on his own conditions and we qualified for nations cup, after missing 2 back to back, as group leaders.

Working in his own conditions!!!!!!

No be say he ask for a pay rise.
No be sey he dey collect bribe.
No be say he's totally unfair in his selections.

No be the same last year NFF said he has to submit his called players to them for vetting before he releases it?

He's trying to steer clear of scandals, and yet, we're seeing 1/2 player(s) that's not supposed to be there, there, in his own conditions.

I wonder what we'd see when he starts working in NFFs conditions. The way some of us really think it's about promoting local content bewilders me
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 4:26pm On Apr 07, 2020
Na today ah no say you no sabi moi moi and chimchim

abeg stay ya lane, and don taya to explain for you

andrewbaba44:

You make no point period

I don’t say what I don’t know

It’s clear you can’t even defend your self ,saying paying someone in Usd is affecting the value of naira

Should I remind you that this same usd is used world wide

It’s even used in Kuwait/Bahrain in most cases but it’s yet to affect the value of those currency as they are more valuable than USD

I don’t think I have much to say jare
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 4:27pm On Apr 07, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

Yeah. Those complaining about Pinnick issue with Rohr are complaining because they will do something about it. Maybe they should get a grip.

Does your statement even add up to you?
Probably I can manage to hear them because it is relevant to the thread.

Yours is noise in the wrong thread
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 4:28pm On Apr 07, 2020
Bros thats the trills of challenging someone to go overbard sometimes, and surprise his employers,

beside his CV will be enhanced for it

barackodam:

How can you give your best working in a condition that doesn't soothes you?

No be here we dey all throughout ending of last year wey NFF dey carry am play? You think the conditions they're giving him is going to make him work, even half as good?

It seems Rohr has spoilt us so bad that we forgot we didn't qualify for the previous 2 Nations Cup. Back to Back.

He was working in his own conditions and we qualified for world cup in a group with Zambia, Algeria and Cameroon.......comfortably!!!!

He was working on his own conditions and we qualified for nations cup, after missing 2 back to back, as group leaders.

Working in his own conditions!!!!!!

No be say he ask for a pay rise.
No be sey he dey collect bribe.
No be say he's totally unfair in his selections.

No be the same last year NFF said he has to submit his called players to them for vetting before he releases it?

He's trying to steer clear of scandals, and yet, we're seeing 1/2 player(s) that's not supposed to be there, there, in his own conditions.

I wonder what we'd see when he starts working in NFFs conditions. The way some of us really think it's about promoting local content bewilders me
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by barackodam: 4:41pm On Apr 07, 2020
do4luv14:

Bros thats the trills of challenging someone to go overbard sometimes, and surprise his employers,

beside his CV will be enhanced for it

grin grin grin

For living in Nigeria and using NPFL players?

That's what would enhance his CV, not winning matches?

Nothing Musa no go see for gate
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:47pm On Apr 07, 2020
What currency is Pinnick et al. paid in?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:48pm On Apr 07, 2020
do4luv14:

Na today ah no say you no sabi moi moi and chimchim

abeg stay ya lane, and don taya to explain for you

Lol

Simple question you no fit answer

Why I go sabi moi moi and Chin chin when I no be pikin grin

You go kuku add guguru ati epa grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:49pm On Apr 07, 2020
barackodam:

grin grin grin

Do you support such ?

Why must he live in Nigeria

He can live anywhere as far as he is doing his job

They are just trying to kick him out
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrLikita12(f): 4:56pm On Apr 07, 2020
do4luv14:
You are right,

but if the coach wanna work with the Eagles, he should accept, and shame the NFF,

by giving his best

IMO Rohr has tried. He's brought stability and some level of transparency to the NT and I'm grateful to him for that. Rohr has his shortcomings and I'd rather he remains with the NT, but the powers that be don't want him so I encourage him to leave.
The NPFL part of his contract seems unreasonable, and the payment in naira may be unfair (depending on the details). This contract just says "we don't want you." The truth is that even if he signs this contract he will be frustrated as long as they don't want him. There's no "shaming" anyone here. He should not stay where he's not wanted trying to prove a useless point.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 4:59pm On Apr 07, 2020
Did you see me saying, he will not win matches?

Besides there are rought germs in the league,
no tanks to the win at home sydrome, and hooligamss

barackodam:

grin grin grin

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 5:08pm On Apr 07, 2020
I want rorh to stay ooo Biko, the gains we have made in the last 2 years or so has been immense.. .

We need at least 2 afcon from this set... Anything less is under achievement

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 5:09pm On Apr 07, 2020
Lolzzz guguru and epa keeee u dia ole

you don do ya assignment?

andrewbaba44:

Lol
Simple question you no fit answer
Why I go sabi moi moi and Chin chin when I no be pikin grin
You go kuku add guguru ati epa grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 5:11pm On Apr 07, 2020
Ok DR i rest my case

how you feeling dis coro 1 9 thing

DrLikita12:

IMO Rohr has tried. He's brought stability and some level of transparency to the NT and I'm grateful to him for that. Rohr has his shortcomings and I'd rather he remains with the NT, but the powers that be don't want him so I encourage him to leave.
The NPFL part of his contract seems unreasonable, and the payment in naira may be unfair (depending on the details). This contract just says "we don't want you." The truth is that even if he signs this contract he will be frustrated as long as they don't want him. There's no "shaming" anyone here. He should not stay where he's not wanted trying to prove a useless point.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrLikita12(f): 5:15pm On Apr 07, 2020
do4luv14:

Ok DR i rest my case

how you feeling dis coro 1 9 thing

Crowds of more than 2 are not allowed outside so I've mostly been indoors for the last 3 weeks.
You?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by RichardKajola(m): 5:20pm On Apr 07, 2020
somehow:

A good person can't run or lead Nigeria or Nigerians, take it or leave it.

Even if you are good, with time, they will screw you over.

A country where majority are bad can't have good leaders.

This is the truth, you can only argue with your Shadow on this.

I dey vexx
no a good person can rule, the problem is just that the road to becoming a president makes it almost impossible for a good man to get there without soiling his hands.

And I believe there are many good people in the country (I think they are either the majority or half the population), the major problem is that the system is corrupt and their "goodness" means they never climb the ladder and you and I never get to know them. We are not all theives in this country.

Remember bad news sells faster and better than good news so what you will see in the media is more of the negative aspect and unfortunately many people are completely fooled by what is presented by the media
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:20pm On Apr 07, 2020
do4luv14:

Lolzzz guguru and epa keeee u dia ole

you don do ya assignment?

lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 5:37pm On Apr 07, 2020
Hmmmmm,,, seems you are not in naija then

DrLikita12:

Crowds of more than 2 are not allowed outside so I've mostly been indoors for the last 3 weeks.
You?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 5:44pm On Apr 07, 2020
So you mean we have more good people in Nigeria, yet we are like this? please what is the definition of "good "in your dictionary?

RichardKajola:

no a good person can rule, the problem is just that the road to becoming a president makes it almost impossible for a good man to get there without soiling his hands.

And I believe there are many good people in the country (I think they are either the majority or half the population), the major problem is that the system is corrupt and their "goodness" means they never climb the ladder and you and I never get to know them. We are not all theives in this country.

Remember bad news sells faster and better than good news so what you will see in the media is more of the negative aspect and unfortunately many people are completely fooled by what is presented by the media
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by barackodam: 5:44pm On Apr 07, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Do you support such ?

The only thing I support is the gaffer working in his own conditions, as he has been working, and as it has been fruitful
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:48pm On Apr 07, 2020
barackodam:

The only thing I support is the gaffer working in his own conditions, as he has been working, and as it has been fruitful

Thank you

But they don’t want him to work in his own condition

They are trying to make him unsettled by frustration so he will work out of the job then they will employ their local coach who they can manipulate
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 5:49pm On Apr 07, 2020
Keep moving the goal post okay?
You think Keshi only performed well with the SE, what about Mali and Togo?
I know some of you hate anything that is in your color.

BTW, i am not clamoring for a local coach, just don't like the way some of you belittle your kind.

andrewbaba44:

Oya nah ,yobo or amunike go take over then una eyes go clear

I already know that most of you don’t like rohr

Las las dem go Dey collect egunje call those old men for una local league

Nigerians no deserve good government True true

But is Amodu and Keshi the only local coaches to coach eagles ,lol ,why you no call more

We all know Keshi was crap ,but winning that afcon just allow us overlook some things

I guess Keshi and amodu was better than westerhorf grin

Anyway what do I know
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 5:50pm On Apr 07, 2020
Can't you just google it?
andrewbaba44:

Lol you just run deceive your self Dey run

How can paying someone in dollars affect the value of naira ?

Simple question you cannot answer

Anybody can be paid in any currency and it doesn’t affect anything

Stop saying what you have no idea of ,you Dey talk but I ask you simple question you no fit answer

So as dem Dey pay super eagles players in dollars na the reason wey make naira no get value ?

Think ok
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:52pm On Apr 07, 2020
somehow:
Can't you just google it?

There is nothing to google sir
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:55pm On Apr 07, 2020
somehow:
Keep moving the goal post okay?
You think Keshi only performed well with the SE, what about Mali and Togo?
I know some of you hate anything that is in your color.

BTW, i am not clamoring for a local coach, just don't like the way some of you belittle your kind.

Belittle my kind just because I don’t want yobo or amunike to be the coach right ?

Am sure you are clamoring for a local coach but you are just pretending

You can see that they are trying to unsettle rohr

Why giving him conditions

Has this same man not been doing his job from his own comfort zone ?

Oga Keshi is an egunje coach Abeg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:55pm On Apr 07, 2020
do4luv14:
Pinnick should extends the naira payment to the players too,

we will know those that want to rep us tro it,

as for you all bashing Pinnick for the naira payment

Joebie, and Komekn. You both work and stay in Britain, are you both paid in Dollars? Or better still naira or Euros?

Tbaba1234 same goes to you, are you paid in pounds, Euros, or Naira?

Go across the world even China and when organisation engage international players and or coaches they pay in an international currency, this not unique to Nigeria.

Consider when Nike sponsors the national team do they then convert the $ to naira then pay us.

Please wake up and stop dreaming.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 5:57pm On Apr 07, 2020
You spend naira but use dollars to transact, what happens to your own naira? put that into google.

I have tried for you.
andrewbaba44:

There is nothing to google sir
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 6:01pm On Apr 07, 2020
With France Football in 2018 putting Lippi’s pay at 177 million yuan ($25.31 million) a year to coach China there is unlikely to be a shortage of high profile coaches ready to take his place. ($1 = 6.9941 Chinese yuan renminbi) (Writing by Nick Mulvenney in Sydney, editing by Peter Rutherford)

https://www.reuters.com/article/soccer-china-lippi/soccer-chinese-fa-accepts-coach-lippis-resignation-idUKL4N27V1D7

small small o

komekn:

Go across the world even China and when organisation engage international players and or coaches they pay in an international currency, this not unique to Nigeria.

Consider when Nike sponsors the national team do they then convert the $ to naira then pay us.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:02pm On Apr 07, 2020
somehow:
You spend naira but use dollars to transact, what happens to your own naira? put that into google.

I have tried for you.

Oga its simple and clear, paying someone in USD doesnt make the naira not to have value

The same amount you will be paid in USD if you convert it ,that will be the same amount you will be paid in naira

You no try anything, i ask simple question and una dey beat around the bush,maybe because they said rohr should be paid in naira, me i even support that part

Thank you for trying for me, i no argue this one again
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:02pm On Apr 07, 2020
komekn:

Thank you

Please educate them more better
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:05pm On Apr 07, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Do you support such ?

If 99% of the players we consider our top players are in Europe what will he doing sitting down in Nigeria, of course he can have an apartment in Nigeria but he will in reality spend more time in Europe.

Its Shameless Hypocrisy , do you know how many times in the year sometimes in one month Amaju comes to London We are Nigerians you probably will not be shocked.

All this posturing is political and not about moving our football forward IMO

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:10pm On Apr 07, 2020
komekn:

If 99% of the players we consider our top players are in Europe what will he doing sitting down in Nigeria, of course he can have an apartment in Nigeria but he will in reality spend more time in Europe.

Its Shameless Hypocrisy , do you know how many times in the year sometimes in one month Amaju comes to London We are Nigerians you probably will not be shocked.

All this posturing is political and not about moving our football forward IMO

Thank you jare

Our best players are in Europe and they want the coach to spend time in Nigeria ,maybe to monitor the crappy players in Nigeria league ,who knows

I know of Amaju nah ,my guy no Dey use him eye see London grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (8482) (8483) (8484) (8485) (8486) (8487) (8488) ... (16126) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: caprikon, Sugarboyy(m), Tolulopefinest(m) and 13 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.