Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,279 members, 7,811,831 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:31 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8486) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11609595 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8483) (8484) (8485) (8486) (8487) (8488) (8489) ... (16126) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 6:13pm On Apr 07, 2020
Lolzzz ah wanna sleep more,

the question is is NFF an international organisation?

Somebody increase the fan mak sleep well, does NFF budget in Dollars?

Sir Andrew increase the AC abeg,

komekn:

Go across the world even China and when organisation engage international players and or coaches they pay in an international currency, this not unique to Nigeria.

Consider when Nike sponsors the national team do they then convert the $ to naira then pay us.

Please wake up and stop dreaming.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 6:17pm On Apr 07, 2020
you can't wake a child who pretends to be asleep.
andrewbaba44:

Oga its simple and clear, paying someone in USD doesnt make the naira not to have value

The same amount you will be paid in USD if you convert it ,that will be the same amount you will be paid in naira

You no try anything, i ask simple question and una dey beat around the bush,maybe because they said rohr should be paid in naira, me i even support that part

Thank you for trying for me, i no argue this one again
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:19pm On Apr 07, 2020
somehow:
you can't wake a child who pretends to be asleep.

Smiles

Throw your insults indirectly

Peace
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:20pm On Apr 07, 2020
do4luv14:

Lolzzz ah wanna sleep more,

the question is is NFF an international organisation?

Somebody increase the fan mak sleep well, does NFF budget in Dollars?

Sir Andrew increase the AC abeg,

What is this man saying self angry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 6:22pm On Apr 07, 2020
You did not see my caveat that i am not asking or looking for local coach per say but why are you throwing those names my way? did i mention any of these names in any of my post?

Egunje or not, you cant take away his achievements which no foreign coach has beaten! same with Amodu!

You dont set rules for your employers, its the other way round.

if you dont like, hit the road!

done with this unyielding discourse.

andrewbaba44:

Belittle my kind just because I don’t want yobo or amunike to be the coach right ?

Am sure you are clamoring for a local coach but you are just pretending

You can see that they are trying to unsettle rohr

Why giving him conditions

Has this same man not been doing his job from his own comfort zone ?

Oga Keshi is an egunje coach Abeg

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 6:24pm On Apr 07, 2020
Google that one at least before you tag it an insult
andrewbaba44:

Smiles

Throw your insults indirectly

Peace
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 6:28pm On Apr 07, 2020
Ah say make you increase the Air condition system, the AC , abi you no sabi english again?

andrewbaba44:

What is this man saying self angry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:29pm On Apr 07, 2020
Rohr is not paid in Deutsche Mark or Euros but dollars. That tells you something. The US Dollars is a global currency

do4luv14:
Pinnick should extends the naira payment to the players too,

we will know those that want to rep us tro it,

as for you all bashing Pinnick for the naira payment

Joebie, and Komekn. You both work and stay in Britain, are you both paid in Dollars? Or better still naira or Euros?

Tbaba1234 same goes to you, are you paid in pounds, Euros, or Naira?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 6:36pm On Apr 07, 2020
Yes you are right,

bbut then he wasnt employed by an international firm, he was employed by a local firm,

so how is it unfair, when that local firm decides to pay him in local currency instead of international currency

most especially when you look at it, a 1m dollar, is almost or close to 10, or 100 m naira

now the question is, which currency is being strained to favour the other?

Joebie:
Rohr is not paid in Deutsche Mark or Euros but dollars. That tells you something. The US Dollars is a global currency

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:42pm On Apr 07, 2020
somehow:
You did not see my caveat that i am not asking or looking for local coach per say but why are you throwing those names my way? did i mention any of these names in any of my post?

Egunje or not, you cant take away his achievements which no foreign coach has beaten! same with Amodu!

You dont set rules for your employers, its the other way round.

if you dont like, hit the road!

done with this unyielding discourse.

K
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:42pm On Apr 07, 2020
do4luv14:

Ah say make you increase the Air condition system, the AC , abi you no sabi english again?

Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:43pm On Apr 07, 2020
somehow:
Google that one at least before you tag it an insult

Lol he thinks he is talking to a kid that he will instruct to use google anytime

Ogbeni park well Biko

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 7:27pm On Apr 07, 2020
I don't normally like stereotype but i am beginning to agree with some IDs here on what they usually call you tongue grin grin grin
andrewbaba44:

Lol he thinks he is talking to a kid that he will instruct to use google anytime

Ogbeni park well Biko
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:37pm On Apr 07, 2020
somehow:
I don't normally like stereotype but i am beginning to agree with some IDs here on what they usually call you tongue grin grin grin

K
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrLikita12(f): 8:02pm On Apr 07, 2020
do4luv14:

Hmmmmm,,, seems you are not in naija then

I'm in Poland.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 8:14pm On Apr 07, 2020
Pheww....

How was the stimules package there,

i mean sit at home package

DrLikita12:

I'm in Poland.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:06pm On Apr 07, 2020
daveP:
Its not that simple Danny.

Remember during GEJ times when the dollar was pegged btw 190 and 200? Corpers were paid 19800 fa?

Now thats exact $100 then.

Fast-forward to present times, corpers were seen jubilating upandan about the increase to 33k. Many even tipped Buhari for 3rd term, jokingky mostly though.

The fun fact is that very 33k is exact $100

Same amount in dollars as Gej times.

2 steps forward, 16paces backward.

The naira is just getting worse. And that is being used to scam nigerians.

Pinnick na smart man.

Of course I understand that the naira isn't stable.. and with falling oil price,it expected to loss more value... But the nff can still pay Rohr in Naira,the dollar equivalent of his agreed salary...
His current Salary is $55k that's approximately #20m ...
So let's say the naira drops to 500/USD then that can pay him 27m naira like that and it will still be $55k ..

We don't know yet if the contract states that he will be paid at an agreed fee in Naira .. if that's the case,then it's not a very good clause ...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:12pm On Apr 07, 2020
do4luv14:

Pheww....

Eh bro,can u reduce the rate at which you space your paragraphs??
It makes me scroll down unnecessarily to read your posts...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by barackodam: 9:12pm On Apr 07, 2020
Danielnino00:

Of course I understand that the naira isn't stable.. and with falling oil price,it expected to loss more value... But the nff can still pay Rohr in Naira,the dollar equivalent of his agreed salary...
His current Salary is $55k that's approximately #20m ...
So let's say the naira drops to 500/USD then that can pay him 27m naira like that and it will still be $55k ..

We don't know yet if the contract states that he will be paid at an agreed fee in Naira .. if that's the case,then it's not a very good clause ...

Hasn't that been our argument? undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:14pm On Apr 07, 2020
Hey Komekn .. while you were away,we all literally had a hot argument about Yobo's appointment into the national team coaching setup...
We have been told that u are a big fan of Yobo .and at the same time,we know that u have little love for Amaju and the Nff grin .

So,do you think Yobo's appointment was merited and justifiable? Or was it just man know man thing... Especially when u consider the fact that Yobo has no coaching licence yet...

We'd like to hear your thoughts ..
grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:15pm On Apr 07, 2020
barackodam:

Hasn't that been our argument? undecided

You tell me...

Everybody seems to be going back and forth...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:27pm On Apr 07, 2020
Bascovanveli, Jordan Nwora has declared for the NBA draft ..
Do u think he is gonna make it ??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 9:45pm On Apr 07, 2020
Ok, but no blame oo, nah hungervirus cos am

Danielnino00:

Eh bro,can u reduce the rate at which you space your paragraphs?? It makes me scroll down unnecessarily to read your posts...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:58pm On Apr 07, 2020
Rohr all this while has been working as an expatriate. If they succeed to forcing/convincing him to be domiciled I’m Nigeria he may as well accept being paid in Naira. However being paid with a global currency makes it easier for foreigners who conduct most of their transactions abroad.
do4luv14:

Yes you are right,

bbut then he wasnt employed by an international firm, he was employed by a local firm,

so how is it unfair, when that local firm decides to pay him in local currency instead of international currency

most especially when you look at it, a 1m dollar, is almost or close to 10, or 100 m naira

now the question is, which currency is being strained to favour the other?

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrLikita12(f): 10:01pm On Apr 07, 2020
do4luv14:

Pheww....

I know that social insurance contributions are suspended but I'm not aware of anything else.
Some people can still go to work if regulations are followed but I guess if you can't work (pubs, hotels, etc) you inform social services and they'll sort you out.
You just can't be outside (in groups of more than 2 People) for no reason, there can't be more than a certain number of people on the bus or in a shop at the same time (I think 3 customers per till). And of course, you have to have at least 2m between you and the next person wherever you are.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by RichardKajola(m): 10:03pm On Apr 07, 2020
somehow:
So you mean we have more good people in Nigeria, yet we are like this? please what is the definition of "good "in your dictionary?

I have explain to you how we have many good Nigerians yet the country is the way it is.

And many people are not bold so they won't steal yet they won't protest when someone steals so the best they would do is to talk about it. It's because they feel powerless.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:05pm On Apr 07, 2020
Joebie:
Rohr all this while has been working as an expatriate. If they succeed to forcing/convincing him to be domiciled I’m Nigeria he may as well accept being paid in Naira. However being paid with a global currency makes it easier for foreigners who conduct most of their transactions abroad.

From the terms of the contract,it's easy to see the Pinnick and fhe NFF don't want Rohr again...
I don't understand why they want him to live in Nigeria and nurture NPFL players...
I'm fine with him living in the country and watching some NPFL games to identify some decent players in the league who can add something to the team(I doubt if such players exist ) but nurturing them is another thing... What then becomes the job of the NPFL coaches ? Won't it be better if he spend that amount of time searching for better players abroad? Our best players are abroad. That much has been proven..

They just want to frustrate the man...

Keshi had an habit of reserving some slots in all of his national team call up for local players (as per NFF directives I'm sure), but it didn't do much to improve the state of the league..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:26pm On Apr 07, 2020
Thank you man

Joebie:
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:28pm On Apr 07, 2020
Thats good, stay safe

DrLikita12:

I know that social insurance contributions are suspended but I'm not aware of anything else.
Some people can still go to work if regulations are followed but I guess if you can't work (pubs, hotels, etc) you inform social services and they'll sort you out.
You just can't be outside (in groups of more than 2 People) for no reason, there can't be more than a certain number of people on the bus or in a shop at the same time (I think 3 customers per till). And of course, you have to have at least 2m between you and the next person wherever you are.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 10:49pm On Apr 07, 2020
andrewbaba44:

I think I agree with you on this

Rohr won’t sign that contract

Many people here will be happy also ,because about 40 percent of them here don’t like rohr

I don't like Rohr and I advocated for his sack immediately after the World Cup.

Sacking him now is really wrong timing as he's been able to bring a bit of stability to the team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:59pm On Apr 07, 2020
They are looking for an easy fix to a problem that is their responsibility. They need to be serious about improving the league and not thinking one whiteman can come and do magic in the league.

And yes you are right. They are inserting clauses that will be difficult for Rohr to accept.
Danielnino00:

From the terms of the contract,it's easy to see the Pinnick and fhe NFF don't want Rohr again...
I don't understand why they want him to live in Nigeria and nurture NPFL players...
I'm fine with him living in the country and watching some NPFL games to identify some decent players in the league who can add something to the team(I doubt if such players exist ) but nurturing them is another thing... What then becomes the job of the NPFL coaches ? Won't it be better if he spend that amount of time searching for better players abroad? Our best players are abroad. That much has been proven..

They just want to frustrate the man...

Keshi had an habit of reserving some slots in all of his national team call up for local players (as per NFF directives I'm sure), but it didn't do much to improve the state of the league..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:03am On Apr 08, 2020
I think Rohr’s strengths is something we badly need. What they should be doing is finding him a very good assistant. They recruited Yobo and some of us celebrated. I think una eye done dey clear now about their intentions. Questionable decisions is always a bad sign.
junnyjake:

I don't like Rohr and I advocated for his sack immediately after the World Cup.

Sacking him now is really wrong timing as he's been able to bring a bit of stability to the team.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8483) (8484) (8485) (8486) (8487) (8488) (8489) ... (16126) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Nomyth, dymusty86, TheSuperNerd(m), humility33(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.