Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,466 members, 7,830,341 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16133) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11755005 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16130) (16131) (16132) (16133) (16134) (16135) (16136) ... (16183) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 10:12pm On Apr 29
elyte89:

Who was ur choice if I may ask considering nff no get money employ foreign coach
Who told you they don't have money? The $4M prize money for being Afcon runners up was remitted back to the Federal govt?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 10:24pm On Apr 29
Barryseal:

Who told you they don't have money? The $4M prize money for being Afcon runners up was remitted back to the Federal govt?

I have been singing this song so much so that I now sound like a broken record
Who says NFF don't have money?

No questions are being asked about the AFCON Silver $4m money
We just dey deceive ourselves dey go

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tessyy1701: 10:24pm On Apr 29
TheGoodJoe:

Why CAF refused Finidi, assistant to sit on bench in both matches — CAF Security Head

The People’s Elephant crashed out of the competition 4-3 on aggregate to Libya’s Al-Ahly Benghazi without their two coaches on the sidelines.

Emeruwa, who’s also a FIFA Security Officer, explained that Finidi and his Assistant do not have the required licences to sit on the bench in both fixtures despite both coaches possessing a UEFA A and UEFA C licences respectively.

“CAF intention is to raise the standard of coaching education in Africa, this is why to be on the bench for CL you either have a CAF A License or UEFA Pro license. Or other sister Confederation Pro licence while the assistants are to have a minimum of CAF B which unfortunately Finidi and his assistants do not have in this case.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/08/why-caf-refused-finidi-assistant-to-sit-on-bench-in-both-matches-caf-security-head/

Which of the two licenses is superior over the other?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:27pm On Apr 29
TheGoodJoe:

Why CAF refused Finidi, assistant to sit on bench in both matches — CAF Security Head

The People’s Elephant crashed out of the competition 4-3 on aggregate to Libya’s Al-Ahly Benghazi without their two coaches on the sidelines.

Emeruwa, who’s also a FIFA Security Officer, explained that Finidi and his Assistant do not have the required licences to sit on the bench in both fixtures despite both coaches possessing a UEFA A and UEFA C licences respectively.

“CAF intention is to raise the standard of coaching education in Africa, this is why to be on the bench for CL you either have a CAF A License or UEFA Pro license. Or other sister Confederation Pro licence while the assistants are to have a minimum of CAF B which unfortunately Finidi and his assistants do not have in this case.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/08/why-caf-refused-finidi-assistant-to-sit-on-bench-in-both-matches-caf-security-head/

Finidi has uefa pro license…😎

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 10:36pm On Apr 29
So, Komekn, now that Kelz and Ndidi have bossed the championship and are back to the EPL, what will you now say about that, especially as you've been critical about the two in particular. We know their squad reduced after the relegation. But Ndidi undoubtedly shone and was pivotal to their return all rounda.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 10:39pm On Apr 29
TheSuperNerd:
Leave the NFF naa. Sebi it is the same Finidi who benched Lookman. I am watching keenly. I don't feel confident with Finidi in charge but let us hope things go well especially as our WCQs campaign is still in shambles.

Those guys can say "standing on existing protocol" a million times in their meetings but dunno what protocol is and how to go about said protocol. Dia own na to just dey press the neck of protocol till neck break. Time wasting and no courtesy. I hope he doesn't get owed salaries.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 10:51pm On Apr 29
Finidi is a good coach, even though my support has Amunike predominantly at its front and i saw criticisms hauled at me as a result.

Nevertheless, i rate Finidi, below lies one of the things that i said in defense of him after the match against Mali.

Meliforme:

Thank you so much, Finidi is sound, i mean very sound.

The problem is the playing personel, if Finidi was the one who compiled the list of invited players, that's when i would have come heavily on him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by viccy12: 10:59pm On Apr 29
Oasis007:

grin

I really don't understand the unnecessary uproars over Finidi's appointment on this board. He played 2 friendlies, win one, lose one. Win the most important one, coz its more or less W. Africa El-Classico.

Finidi has proved himself in Nigeria as well, he had something to point at as his Achievement in the country. He managed men not boys to win a trophy, not just in few matches but a marathon of matches.

He played good football with Enyimba FC, followers of NPFL can testify to it, so what the fuss?!

We shouldn't be digging his grave like we expect him to die early. Allow the man to breathe and live. He gets it on merit.

I don't remember Finidi ever winning the Nigerian Premier League. Amunike has managed Tanzanian national team and qualified them for the nation's cup. He has also won the U 17 world cup.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 11:04pm On Apr 29
viccy12:

I don't remember Finidi ever winning the Nigerian Premier League. Amunike has managed Tanzanian national team and qualified them for the nation's cup. He has also won the U 17 world cup.
this is a shameful thing to admit. You don't remember finidi winning the Npfl.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 11:17pm On Apr 29
Amedino99:

grin

Its a Naija Thing. My way or no way. Finidi gets the job on merit, and absolutely more qualified than the favorite. He managed Men to win a trophy, Men against Men, not boys against boys.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 11:17pm On Apr 29
In my appraisal Ademola Lookman can be rightlfully benched for the likes of Victor Boniface and Kelechi Iheanacho because the duo interprets the SS role better.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 11:25pm On Apr 29
Meliforme:
In my appraisal Ademola Lookman can be rightlfully benched for the likes of Victor Boniface and Kelechi Iheanacho because the duo interprets the SS role better.
Lookman as at today has proved that he is not a player to be benched in eagles….three goals in Afcon proved that,yes Boniface if he does it like he is doing it in Leverkusen but Iheanacho I disagree

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:25pm On Apr 29
Meliforme:

I disagree.. Lookman is as much of a SS as Iheanacho and Boniface.. he combined well with Osimhen at the AFCON

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 11:29pm On Apr 29
Danielnino00:

I disagree.. Lookman is as much of a SS as Iheanacho and Boniface.. he combined well with Osimhen at the AFCON
I see Lookman getting nominated for APOTY with Osimhen and Boniface

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by viccy12: 11:47pm On Apr 29
Amedino99:

I said I don't remember but like I said earlier I don't rate him but I wish his the best and hope he proves me wrong.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 12:00am On Apr 30
daveP:
So, Komekn, now that Kelz and Ndidi have bossed the championship and are back to the EPL, what will you now say about that, especially as you've been critical about the two in particular. We know their squad reduced after the relegation. But Ndidi undoubtedly shone and was pivotal to their return all rounda.

Haba you guys should stop giving this guy relevance nah?
You just give him an opportunity to cap nonsense again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:01am On Apr 30
elyte89:

No need lying. From all I have checked, Finidi does not have a UEFA Pro Coaching License.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 12:01am On Apr 30
Kog45:
Lookman as at today has proved that he is not a player to be benched in eagles….three goals in Afcon proved that,yes Boniface if he does it like he is doing it in Leverkusen but Iheanacho I disagree

I got your angle when you highlighted Ademola Lookman's form and goalscoring abilities. If goalscoring were to be the yardstick, Lookman may still not get the nod

However, the criteria i used for the considerations were based on positioning and the abilities to work with the midfield which are very key to what an SS does.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 12:01am On Apr 30
Meliforme:
Burn that your appraisal

Lookman currently is ahead of Kelechi in the pecking order even Boniface as far as the super eagles is concerned

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 12:15am On Apr 30
Danielnino00:

That Lookman combined well with Osimhen at the AFCON, doesn't mean Lookman brings more to the table in that role. I have seen better combinations with Iheanacho and Boniface. They fare better tactically.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 12:17am On Apr 30
Kog45:
The only thing we can fault without prejudice is Finidi not giving time to Tella and Fisayo during the friendlies.

This is Lookman that was overworked and overused in AFCON o. What do we want from a friendly

I don't think the coach is insane enough to bench him in a competitive match

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:19am On Apr 30
Elyte... pulse sports is capping nonsense. Finidi George does not have the Uefa Pro License Qualification. He has Uefa A licence but not Pro.

elyte89:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:22am On Apr 30
To be Frank, if not for injury, Boniface would have started every game of the Afcon. I hope you know that.

A fit and inform boniface walks straight into the Super Eagles starting XI if a Coach knows what he's doing and how to best utilise and set up our attacking third.

humility33:

Burn that your appraisal

Lookman currently is ahead of Kelechi in the pecking order even Boniface as far as the super eagles is concerned

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 12:23am On Apr 30
Meliforme:

I got your angle when you highlighted Ademola Lookman's form and goalscoring abilities. If goalscoring were to be the yardstick, Lookman may still not get the nod

However, the criteria i used for the considerations were based on positioning and the abilities to work with the midfield which are very key to what an SS does.
If we go by goal scoring in national team and club this season then Lookman is ahead.

Based on your criteria?fine,but based on criteria we have seen recently in eagles Lookman is ahead until Boniface proved it in eagles.

Sir give Lookman his flower,scored 3 goals in Afcon tournament is hugely impressive.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 12:26am On Apr 30
TheSuperNerd:
To be Frank, if not for injury, Boniface would have started every game of the Afcon. I hope you know that.

A fit and inform boniface walks straight into the Super Eagles starting XI if a Coach knows what he's doing and how to best utilise and set up our attacking third.

Boniface is the ideal man for any top man but I don’t like it when one is trying to downplay a player who is doing well…Boniface was absent but Lookman did well by raising his game and really surprised me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 12:27am On Apr 30
humility33:

Burn that your appraisal

In the availability and fitness of Boniface and Iheanacho, no sound coach will play Lookman ahead of the duo in the SS role.

That Joe Aribo is ahead of Kelechi Nwakali in the pecking order does not mean Aribo offers more in midfield.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 12:29am On Apr 30
TheSuperNerd:
Elyte... pulse sports is capping nonsense. Finidi George does not have the Uefa Pro License Qualification. He has Uefa A licence but not Pro.

I don tell Elyte to use his Okota connection😀but you no try for Elyte at all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 12:32am On Apr 30
Meliforme:

In the availability and fitness of Boniface and Iheanacho, no sound coach will play Lookman ahead of the duo in the SS role.

That Joe Aribo is ahead of Kelechi Nwakali in the pecking order does not mean Aribo offers more in midfield.
Pls stop comparing what is not,right now I will pick Nwakali over Aribo but Lookman will start over fit Iheanacho.He is doing it week in week out in Atalanta.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 12:33am On Apr 30
Kog45:
If we go by goal scoring in national team and club this season then Lookman is ahead.

Based on your criteria?fine,but based on criteria we have seen recently in eagles Lookman is ahead until Boniface proved it in eagles.

Sir give Lookman his flower,scored 3 goals in Afcon tournament is hugely impressive.

Ademola Lookman is a player i highly rate, he is very good, but you see that SS thing, Boniface and Iheanacho has shown to be better.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 12:37am On Apr 30
Meliforme:

Ademola Lookman is a player i highly rate, he is very good, but you see that SS thing, Boniface and Iheanacho has shown to be better.
Oga you should know that my analysis is always base on eagles performance.Boniface is good and I rate him highly,his eagles career not yet really kick start,no thanks to injury but Lookman in eagles recently has done so well than just telling us Iheanacho would have done better.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 12:54am On Apr 30
Kog45:
Boniface is the ideal man for any top man but I don’t like it when one is trying to downplay a player who is doing well…Boniface was absent but Lookman did well by raising his game and really surprised me.

You did not read well, if read my summary as a deliberate downplay of Lookman's abilities.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 1:12am On Apr 30
Believe me when i commend Iheanacho's comportment and interpretation of the SS role especially against highly tactical sides.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (16130) (16131) (16132) (16133) (16134) (16135) (16136) ... (16183) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: AndSunGorilla, Subzerooo, Meliforme, 123jamessmith, ddone, opes, Truidstarr, Oasis007(m), Suzzytee05(f) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.