Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,669 members, 7,823,891 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8515) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11723328 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8512) (8513) (8514) (8515) (8516) (8517) (8518) ... (16168) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eizzy003(m): 1:47pm On Apr 23, 2020
The rumours are getting too much can 1 club just get this deal done

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:49pm On Apr 23, 2020
Eizzy003:
The rumours are getting too much can 1 club just get this deal done

Na small small

The rumors are good news
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 2:56pm On Apr 23, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Na small small

The rumors are good news

I would prefer Osimhen to go to Napoli than Chelsea

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:29pm On Apr 23, 2020
Subzero047:

I would prefer Osimhen to go to Napoli than Chelsea

I prefer napoli also

But imagine if osimhen ended up joining chelsea and send tammy to the bench grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:40pm On Apr 23, 2020
Oshimeh shud avoid chelsea. A move to man united or napoli will afford him more playing time

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 3:48pm On Apr 23, 2020
andrewbaba44:

I prefer napoli also

But imagine if osimhen ended up joining chelsea and send tammy to the bench grin

Osimhen will have to prove beyond every reasonable doubt that he is better than Abraham to do that
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:03pm On Apr 23, 2020
Subzero047:

Osimhen will have to prove beyond every reasonable doubt that he is better than Abraham to do that

Hmmmm

Anyway I don’t trust lampard as he will always favour his English boys
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:05pm On Apr 23, 2020
charlesemeka85:
Oshimeh shud avoid chelsea. A move to man united or napoli will afford him more playing time

Lol ,just as someone said earlier

He should also avoid united oooo ,rashford martial

Napoli wanna sell Milik so Napoli will be ok
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:24pm On Apr 23, 2020
Oga u didn’t follow the discussion. So chill
andrewbaba44:

But he is yet to even get a club there

Una no get chill for akpeyi

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by barackodam: 6:39pm On Apr 23, 2020
AllforJesus7:
I read the arguement and debate about who the better player is between Mikel and Ndidi.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mikel Obi (2005 - present)
Age = 33
Total appearances = 455
Total goals = 11
Total assists = 18
Goal ratio = 0.02 goals per appearance
Assist ratio = 0.04 assists per appearance

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ndidi (2014 - present)
Age = 23
Total appearances = 213
Total goals = 15
Total assists = 10
Goal ratio = 0.07 goals per appearance
Assist ratio = 0.05 assists per appearance

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Conclusion:
Ndidi at 23 is already a better player than Mikel.

Data assumptions:
Note the data gathered are club stats for both players right from the known beginning of their professional careers. All matches are club matches. No national team appearance/matches were used.
Sources:
Transfermarkt

Timay, see what I was saying?

The only yardstick that care about is goals and assists. Like WTF?

How would you be comparing a defensive mf using goals and assist FFS?

Is their job to score

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 7:27pm On Apr 23, 2020
charlesemeka85:
Giroud is not certain to remain at the end of the season
if he should avoid any team it is Man u, he has Martial greenwood to compete with

Man United won't even sign him if ighalo stays

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 8:14pm On Apr 23, 2020
barackodam:

Is their job to score
grin I get your point but you can bring your own yardstick sha we are all learning
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:27pm On Apr 23, 2020
Edopesin:

Giroud is not certain to remain at the end of the season
if he should avoid any team it is Man u, he has Martial greenwood to compete with

Man United won't even sign him if ighalo stays

He will get a better chance at Man U than Chelsea

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 8:34pm On Apr 23, 2020
Subzero047:

He will get a better chance at Man U than Chelsea
Why do you say so
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:10pm On Apr 23, 2020
barackodam:

Is their job to score

Yes I posted the attacking stats of both players to prove a point. Many believe Mikel was a better offensive player and a better distributor of the balls.

The defensive stats of both players are available here;
https://www.premierleague.com/players/3102/John-Obi-Mikel/stats
https://www.premierleague.com/players/20479/Wilfred-Ndidi/stats

Clearly Ndidi is a better player both offensively and defensively.

N.B. There are other comparison yardsticks available in those links to compare both players i.e team play and discipline.

cc Edopesin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:42pm On Apr 23, 2020
Edopesin:

Why do you say so

Lampard has an English bias and will favor Abraham over Osimhen
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 10:40pm On Apr 23, 2020
Subzero047:

Lampard has an English bias and will favor Abraham over Osimhen
He doesn't have any bias, you think if he had better non English players he won't start them
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by barackodam: 10:46pm On Apr 23, 2020
AllforJesus7:

Yes I posted the attacking stats of both players to prove a point. Many believe Mikel was a better offensive player and a better distributor of the balls.

The defensive stats of both players are available here;
https://www.premierleague.com/players/3102/John-Obi-Mikel/stats
https://www.premierleague.com/players/20479/Wilfred-Ndidi/stats

Clearly Ndidi is a better player both offensively and defensively.

N.B. There are other comparison yardsticks available in those links to compare both players i.e team play and discipline.

cc Edopesin

Oga, both of them are defensive minded players. Nobody gives a shit about that.

Ederson has most assist in epl. Come end of season, he won't get golden glove.
Ter Stegen has the most assist in liga Santander, come end of season, he won't get Zamora.

Everybody has their job. Compare them with tackles made, retrieval, interception, fouls conceded and stuffs.

That Ederson and Ter Stegen have assists and are found wanting in their primary job, keeping the ball out of the net. Another keeper in Oblak and Alisson(or whom?) would take the trophy.

If a player is not offensive minded, stop using goals and assists to compare them!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by barackodam: 10:52pm On Apr 23, 2020
Edopesin:

He doesn't have any bias, you think if he had better non English players he won't start them

This is so false grin grin

So, CHO deserves the starting he was getting at the beginning of the season?

He came back from injury and still is playing, very unproductive player who can only shine against lower league teams

What about Mount, beginning of the season, he deserved it too?

Tomori over Christensen?

Forget that talk, Lampard was fücking biased!

It was when they started backfiring he relegated Tomori, CHO was injured anyway. And well, Mount came good
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 10:53pm On Apr 23, 2020
barackodam:

Ter Stegen has the most assist in liga Santander, come end of season, he won't get Zamora.

Everybody has their job. Compare them with tackles made, retrieval, interception, fouls conceded and stuffs.

That Ederson and Ter Stegen have assists and are found wanting in their primary job, keeping the ball out of the net. Another keeper in Oblak and Alisson(or whom?) would take the trophy.

If a player is not offensive minded, stop using goals and assists to compare them!

the link he posted showed the defensive stats of both players and Ndidi still clear am per match ratios
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 11:00pm On Apr 23, 2020
Edopesin:

Mason Mount is sh1t for starters but Lampard favored him over Pulisic, CHO has been terrible but he still gets gametime
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 11:07pm On Apr 23, 2020
barackodam:

This is so false grin grin

So, CHO deserves the starting he was getting at the beginning of the season?

He came back from injury and still is playing, very unproductive player who can only shine against lower league teams

What about Mount, beginning of the season, he deserved it too?

Tomori over Christensen?

Forget that talk, Lampard was fücking biased!

It was when they started backfiring he relegated Tomori, CHO was injured anyway. And well, Mount came good

Wrong

Are you saying mount is not good or what? CHO that was injured beginning of season and I don't even think he played 90min in the first 10 matches so which game time was he getting?

Tomori had better stats than VVD and most top half defenders in the premier league and it wasn't as if he was bad so what is the bias
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by barackodam: 11:11pm On Apr 23, 2020
Edopesin:

Wrong

Are you saying mount is not good or what? CHO that was injured beginning of season and I don't even think he played 90min in the first 10 matches so which game time was he getting?

Tomori had better stats than VVD and most top half defenders in the premier league and it wasn't as if he was bad so what is the bias

I didn't touch Mount.

He didn't deserve starting. But he proved and sealed his shirt.

Others didn't deserve the starting shirt. And he kept playing them despite flopping. It was when Chelsea results got bad he started benching them.

Before and after injury, CHO is still sh!t

CHO has had more minutes than Pulisic even when Pulisic was fit
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 11:12pm On Apr 23, 2020
Subzero047:

Mason Mount is sh1t for starters but Lampard favored him over Pulisic, CHO has been terrible but he still gets gametime

Mason mount is damn good, I agree pulisic should be stsrting ahead of CHO but mason mount is justified unless you dont watch Chelsea play
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by barackodam: 11:13pm On Apr 23, 2020
Edopesin:

the link he posted showed the defensive stats of both players and Ndidi still clear am per match ratios

I didn't bother clicking the link, cos he bolded

Goal ratio
Assist ratio.

That's the message he was trying to pass. He didn't bring their defensive stats
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 11:18pm On Apr 23, 2020
barackodam:

I didn't touch Mount.

He didn't deserve starting. But he proved and sealed his shirt.

Others didn't deserve the starting shirt. And he kept playing them despite flopping. It was when Chelsea results got bad he started benching them.

Before and after injury, CHO is still sh!t

CHO has had more minutes than Pulisic even when Pulisic was fit

CHO was never a starter even though he was ahead of pulisic in the pecking order doesn't make lampard biased
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by barackodam: 11:19pm On Apr 23, 2020
Edopesin:

CHO was never a starter even though he was ahead of pulisic in the pecking order doesn't make lampard biased

Ahn ahn

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 11:24pm On Apr 23, 2020
barackodam:

Ahn ahn
The spirit no dey watch Chelsea ball

The same pulisic that has more minutes played but una go just dey falsely accuse lampard

I weak when someone said he is preparing and giving them game time cause of euros
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:25pm On Apr 23, 2020
barackodam:

Not necessarily so.

You compare players with a yardstick based on the scenario and objective.

If Pep Guardiola for example is going to make a choice of a DMF between two players he would ask a question like "who is the better offensively"

So you should understand that there are different basis for comparison.

I already told you earlier..... I put forward their attacking stats as an answer to the question....

"who is the better offensive player between the two?"

If you believe that question cannot be asked of a defensive midfielder then I'm afraid....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by barackodam: 11:28pm On Apr 23, 2020
Edopesin:

The spirit no dey watch Chelsea ball

The same pulisic that has more minutes played but una go just dey falsely accuse lampard

I weak when someone said he is preparing and giving them game time cause of euros

I give up bro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 11:42pm On Apr 23, 2020
Edopesin:

Mason mount is damn good, I agree pulisic should be stsrting ahead of CHO but mason mount is justified unless you dont watch Chelsea play

Mason Mount has been piss poor all season and he scores a couple of goals before the lock down and you people suddenly think he is good? same with United fans and Martial

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 2lola: 12:21am On Apr 24, 2020
Arguement

Al- Ahly VS Arsenal

Sundew VS Lile

Ws Serif VS Everton

Which is the better club?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8512) (8513) (8514) (8515) (8516) (8517) (8518) ... (16168) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Longneck, codemaniacs, Napoleon55(m), ayasha02154, Lyster360, KpagoGIN(m), elyte89 and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.