Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,690 members, 7,865,750 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 04:05 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8671) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11960720 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8668) (8669) (8670) (8671) (8672) (8673) (8674) ... (16373) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:09pm On Jun 04, 2020
Subzero047:

Rakitic never became the best in his position, he had a good 2016/17 season but he never had a career like Xavi, Iniesta or Busquets

So one of the best means he is the best ?

Where did I say the best ?

He is one of the best in his position ,I did not compare him to Xavi Iniesta and Busquets ,you don’t need to be at Xavi Iniesta or Busquets level before you can be considered a great player ,how many players can even lace Xavi and Iniesta boots this days

Rakitic is already 32 ,rakitic in his prime will start for all big teams in the world ,then why won’t I consider rakitic as one of the best in his position ?

An ordinary midfielder won’t play 190 laliga games for just 5 seasons plus
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:13pm On Jun 04, 2020
Okay, now Oma Akatugba via Twitter has come out to call the move to Napoli fake citing Victor is still mourning his dad and wants his privacy respected.

He obviously made contact with Vic and his camp and got nothing concrete on a move or anything.

Whatever games these guys are playing is funny. Word has got out. But nothing is official yet. But until then, I think it's okay to wait for official confirmation.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 12:14pm On Jun 04, 2020
andrewbaba44:

He is one of the best in his position ,I did not compare him to Xavi Iniesta and Busquets ,you don’t need to be at Xavi Iniesta or Busquets level before you can be considered a great player ,how many players can even lace Xavi and Iniesta boots this days

Rakitic is already 32 ,rakitic in his prime will start for all big teams in the world ,then why won’t I consider rakitic as one of the best in his position ?

Rakitic in his prime won't start for all the teams in the world, Rakitic has only 41 assists in his Barca career in almost 300 matches playing behind Suarez, Messi, Neymar and co

You overrate Rakitic
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:22pm On Jun 04, 2020
Subzero047:

But what was the rational for buying him at 25 for 20 million after an average season at Sevilla?

If he was 21 or 22 I would say they saw some potential in him

Rakitic buy was a steal bros

You are getting it wrong

So buying rakitic at 20 million at the age of 25 was bad ? Lol ,dude you are just so funny

So there is no potential in a player of 25 ?potential are only made for players at 21? Lol

But rakitic is a success at Barcelona and the world knows this ,the way you Dey talk e go be like say rakitic na flop

This is the most used barca player after Lionel Messi till recently

An average season at Sevilla ? Are you kidding me ?

Someone that was named in the laliga team of the season and the Europa league team of the season ,he was even the man of the match at the Europa league final ,he scored 15 goals and got 17 assists playing in the midfield ,yet you call it an average season ? Lol

You have no idea of what you are saying
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Arabiandude: 12:25pm On Jun 04, 2020
Subzero047:

Rakitic in his prime won't start for all the teams in the world, Rakitic has only 41 assists in his Barca career in almost 300 matches playing behind Suarez, Messi, Neymar and co

You overrate Rakitic
He was playing more as the box to box CM, he was the one who was always assisting busquet to play his DM or assisting Iniesta to play his AM. That was his job, his job was to cover up for the 2 other midfielders and he did his job so well.
Rakitic was and still a world class player and was one of the best in the world at his position during his prime. So, he would have started for all top clubs

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:26pm On Jun 04, 2020
Subzero047:

You overrate Rakitic

Rakitic is a midfielder nah

You are comparing him to Messi Suarez and Neymar who are forwarders ? Lol

Bro you are earthquake ,you just keep on proving it ,can’t you just pretend ? cheesy

Earthquake you can run but you can’t hide ,always having wrong arguement and weird opinions cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:26pm On Jun 04, 2020
Feyenord interested in ex u20 midfielder obinna nwobodo

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:27pm On Jun 04, 2020
Arabiandude:

He was playing more as the box to box CM, he was the one who was always assisting busquet to play his DM or assisting Iniesta to play his AM. That was his job, his job was to cover up for the 2 other midfielders and he did his job so well.
Rakitic was and still a world class player and was one of the best in the world at his position during his prime. So, he would have started for all top clubs

Lol leave that guy

Very funny dude
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:29pm On Jun 04, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Okay, now Oma Akatugba via Twitter has come out to call the move to Napoli fake citing Victor is still mourning his dad and wants his privacy respected.

He obviously made contact with Vic and his camp and got nothing concrete on a move or anything.

Whatever games these guys are playing is funny. Word has got out. But nothing is official yet. But until then, I think it's okay to wait for official confirmation.

I know those Napoli news are not true yet but maybe soon

I wonder why people still take news from those naija site serious

If victor has joined Napoli I believe you know where you will get to see the news yet ,I just believe those people handling those news aren’t professional jare
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 12:32pm On Jun 04, 2020
Joebie:
Lol
He needs those drillings. I need a peek at his fav snack. I doubt fufu, eba is causing this pump up. grin

But how come Ndidi maintains his skinny nature?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 12:34pm On Jun 04, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Or Uncle Kelechi... lol. Going by the nickname he had at Man City b'cos he was fond of calling every senior player then, "Uncle". grin

I like his dressing room attitude tho. Future captain cos its his nature.

Uncle K!!!!

Imagine coming via airport and they syart chanting Uncle K... Old men too!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jun 04, 2020
osihmen going to Napoli is the best for the dude but I pray gattuso shouldn't spoil the dude career Napoli is a world class team with insigne merten malcuit et al

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 12:44pm On Jun 04, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
A Statistical Comparison on Defensive performances for the past three seasons made.

Seasons: 2019/2020, 2018/2019, and 2017/2018. (LEAGUES ONLY)

The DMs involved are the top 3 African DMs. Ndidi, Partey and Gana Gueye.

Courtesy: Jide Shogelola @Jadorfixer.

Wow.

See the interceptions stats!??

He has this psychic mind of when the ball ends up at and boom. Interception!!!

He's the youngest of the trio....

UCL football till he retires is the next vision and mission.

If Essien was The Bison, what we gonna call Ndidi?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 12:47pm On Jun 04, 2020
elyte89:
cool
Hmmmm
Reveals how physicality has reduced in football. See the chop dust marking Oliseh givam? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 12:53pm On Jun 04, 2020
Joebie:
I’m not comfy about this move
If its the fear of gattuso, there's no need na. See what he did with Golovin? I'm not that bothered.

Just playing time. I believe he will see. Doubt theyll bench 60m buy. Are they mad. Twill gladden my heart to see him ruin cr7 day vs Juve!!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:06pm On Jun 04, 2020
Joebie:
Our brothers no try lol

This is what a lot of blogs in West Africa call 'journalism', very lazy bunch, that thrive on copy and paste. Not one scent of independent thought on it.

The entertainment bloggers are even worse. Plagiarism is at it's finest on social media.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:36pm On Jun 04, 2020
charlesemeka85:
Feyenord interested in ex u20 midfielder obinna nwobodo

The jewel of the cathedral, from 042 to the world. Enugu will never stop churning out exceptional talents, too bad Chriskels never went professionalangry but that is story for another day.

Obinna is a super talented AM, I will never forget the joy he brought to all Rangers faithfuls back in 2016 when we trampled upon every team in Nigeria to lift the NPFL title. Rangers was so good, with Nwobodo our star player, that I seldom missed any of our home matches. I still remember when my boy dey do apprenticeship(igba boy) to be a roadside welder, whilst playing for rangers feeders team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:41pm On Jun 04, 2020
you no lie at all
safarigirl:

This is what a lot of blogs in West Africa call 'journalism', very lazy bunch, that thrive on copy and paste. Not one scent of independent thought on it.

The entertainment bloggers are even worse. Plagiarism is at it's finest on social media.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:42pm On Jun 04, 2020
You are right. The people handling the leakage of this news aren't being professional. Perhaps it's a case of "who gets to break this exclusive first?"

Honestly Andy, at this point, It's better to wait and be beyond certain. Osimhen is still mourning and would wanna be done burying his dad before he returns to Europe. Whatever transfer it is, it is his Agent's headache not Osimhen's. Osimhen's own is to give a nod to it if he wants it and likes the package and prospects of the deal.

Anyway, we will surely see where this all leads. Would he truly and finally move to Napoli or would he stay at Lille. Time will tell.

andrewbaba44:

I know those Napoli news are not true yet but maybe soon

I wonder why people still take news from those naija site serious

If victor has joined Napoli I believe you know where you will get to see the news yet ,I just believe those people handling those news aren’t professional jare

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:43pm On Jun 04, 2020
He will get his time. I hope he performs though. But the competitive level in Serie A is good.

daveP:
If its the fear of gattuso, there's no need na. See what he did with Golovin? I'm not that bothered.

Just playing time. I believe he will see. Doubt theyll bench 60m buy. Are they mad. Twill gladden my heart to see him ruin cr7 day vs Juve!!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:47pm On Jun 04, 2020
ChrisKels:

The jewel of the cathedral, from 042 to the world. Enugu will never stop churning out exceptional talents, too bad Chriskels never went professional angry but that is story for another day.

Obinna is a super talented AM, I will never forget the joy he brought to all Rangers faithfuls back in 2016 when we trampled upon every team in Nigeria to lift the NPFL title. Rangers was so good, with Nwobodo our star player, that I seldom missed any of our home matches. I still remember when my boy, dey do apprentice to be a roadside welder, whilst playing for rangers feeders team.

After the super humiliation you suffered at the hands of a raw Chukwueze who is now more refined in La liga than when you last faced him.... You still dey think you stood a chance? grin

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:52pm On Jun 04, 2020
daveP:

Wow.

See the interceptions stats!??

He has this psychic mind of when the ball ends up at and boom. Interception!!!

He's the youngest of the trio....

UCL football till he retires is the next vision and mission.

If Essien was The Bison, what we gonna call Ndidi?

The Iron Man.... grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 2:02pm On Jun 04, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Rakitic is a midfielder nah

You are comparing him to Messi Suarez and Neymar who are forwarders ? Lol

Bro you are earthquake ,you just keep on proving it ,can’t you just pretend ? cheesy

Earthquake you can run but you can’t hide ,always having wrong arguement and weird opinions cheesy

Rakitic is a midfielder that's why I brought out his assists stats

If you don't have argument stop bringing out the earthquake stuff
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:03pm On Jun 04, 2020
Yes Spurs! lol
andrewbaba44:

Leave joebie

Maybe Na Epl be only good move for him eye
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:19pm On Jun 04, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

After the super humiliation you suffered at the hands of a raw Chukwueze who is now more refined in La liga than when you last faced him.... You still dey think you stood a chance? grin

Dude my primary position was the CM, but, I could play other positions (LB inclusive) too, so I guess he had me torn to shreds bkus I was there as a makeshift, even though I was somewhat over hyped pre match grin

That said, in 042, we breed super stars and every street is filled with immensely talented kid ballers
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 2:25pm On Jun 04, 2020
Kog45:
No Chief, Karine Ojigwe was the defensive midfielder while Kanu played as No 8 behind Anosike.
*Karibe

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:25pm On Jun 04, 2020
Liverpool on a collision course with Napoli as they dump Werner for Osimhen
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 2:34pm On Jun 04, 2020
Kog45:
No Chief, Karine Ojigwe was the defensive midfielder while Kanu played as No 8 behind Anosike.

True that.
Ojigwe was the DM

It was in the 1993 Flying Eagles team that I think Kanu was drafted as a DM even though he was later dropped because of his size grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:35pm On Jun 04, 2020
Subzero047:

Only a clueless person will be comparing a Central midfielder stats to forwarders , to make it world you are comparing his stats to messi neymar and suarez

Bro you are confused abeg

You are earthquake, you keep on showing us, why cant you just hide that

Smh
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 2:36pm On Jun 04, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Only a clueless person will be comparing a Central midfielder stats to forwarders , to make it world you are comparing his stats to messi neymar and suarez

Smh

I knew it would get down to insults, na me overrate your thinking faculty
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 2:37pm On Jun 04, 2020
ChrisKels:

The jewel of the cathedral, from 042 to the world. Enugu will never stop churning out exceptional talents, too bad Chriskels never went professionalangry but that is story for another day.

Obinna is a super talented AM, I will never forget the joy he brought to all Rangers faithfuls back in 2016 when we trampled upon every team in Nigeria to lift the NPFL title. Rangers was so good, with Nwobodo our star player, that I seldom missed any of our home matches. I still remember when my boy dey do apprenticeship(igba boy) to be a roadside welder, whilst playing for rangers feeders team.

Another case of a talented player that has not met expectations.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:41pm On Jun 04, 2020
Subzero047:

I will keep on bringing the earthquake stuff because you both are have a weird way of arguing , which reasonable football will compare a midfleider stats to neymar suarez and messi ?

A player made the europa league team of the season and laliga team of the season playing for sevilla and yet you said he had an average season ? to make it worst he scored 15 goals and 17 assists

Smh

(1) (2) (3) ... (8668) (8669) (8670) (8671) (8672) (8673) (8674) ... (16373) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: AndSunGorilla, Joebie and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.