Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,645 members, 7,861,989 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 04:36 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8673) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11937020 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8670) (8671) (8672) (8673) (8674) (8675) (8676) ... (16348) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:13pm On Jun 04, 2020
Those are my buddies naa. Richard Cypher is one of my top buds so those ladies be loyal. grin

daveP:
You wan make i call Mother Confessor for you? Abi Cara the Mordsith?

Talk o.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:32pm On Jun 04, 2020
somehow:

unfortunately bro, more than 4 clubs on the list are guilty of violence, facts don't lie

the games are to be played on a neutral ground, so this example of yours won't fly

sorry about your akwa not making the cut pillars must have been picked based on the points I made

I was personally speaking on the meetings between Akwa and Kano. That is why I said it should be done on good will. We have taken points 3 out of the last 4 years and each time they attacked us until we left the town.

But if u want to go there I will also challenge your claim that 4 teams on the list are also guilty of such. I believe Plateau had an incident but the rest have been clean. Or is it Lobi who have had to play in Enugu? Or Enyimba who even got attacked at their derby? Enugu and Rivers have not had issues either. So where did u get your 4 from?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:40pm On Jun 04, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Yep. Seems it has to do with the news making rounds now that Chelsea have struck a deal for Werner.

Werner go just dey observe

E go dey look weda chelsea go qualify for champions league, e go just dey observe, thats if he is to join them oooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:46pm On Jun 04, 2020
This Coronavirus-induced transfer window dey one Kain. Lol

Skysports have also carried the news of Werner agreeing to join Chelsea, after Liverpool pulled out, although a more concrete decision will be made next week, they said.
I understand Liverpool were reluctant to pay Werner's €60million clause but Chelsea were glad to pay it.

With this, it means Chelsea won't get Sancho. Sancho heads to Man Utd most likely and that leaves Liverpool chasing someone else to make up for not getting Werner. And Werner's first choice was always Liverpool.

It seems this may explain why Liverpool is rumored to be back in the hunt for Victor Osimhen. And if they cannot land Osimhen too, then that would be Liverpool losing out on two fronts. Lol... Danielnino00 and co won't like this. grin

andrewbaba44:

Werner go just dey observe

E go dey look weda chelsea go qualify for champions league, e go just dey observe, thats if he is to join them oooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:52pm On Jun 04, 2020
Osaze Urghoghide extends his contract at Sheffield Wednesday by one year. Congrats kiddo. A Naija International hopeful.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 6:54pm On Jun 04, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
This Coronavirus-induced transfer window dey one Kain. Lol

Skysports have also carried the news of Werner agreeing to join Chelsea, after Liverpool pulled out, although a more concrete decision will be made next week, they said.
I understand Liverpool were reluctant to pay Werner's €60million clause but Chelsea we're glad to pay it.

With this, it means Chelsea won't get Sancho. Sancho heads to Man Utd most likely and that leaves Liverpool chasing someone else to make up for not getting Werner. And Werner's first choice was always Liverpool.

It seems this may explain why Liverpool us rumored to be back in the hunt for Victor Osimhen. And if they cannot land Osimhen too, then that would be Liverpool losing out on two fronts. Lol... Danielnino00 and co won't like this.

Don't rejoice too soon yet... Just some hours back,there were reports that Werner has agreed a deal with Liverpool and a 140k per week salary...
Nothing is certain yet.
But I know for a fact that Werner himself has admitted that he will like to join Liverpool.

As for Osimhen to Liverpool,I assure you,this thread is the only place I've been seeing reports linking the two .

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:59pm On Jun 04, 2020
Joebie:
better.. I like the idea of Mourinho-Osimhen pair

God forbid bad thing.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:59pm On Jun 04, 2020
Rejoice? My brother nothing concern me oooo.... Just enjoying the drama. Na just my Naija Boys I dey concerned about as regards transfers and how other transfers fit shake the balance a little concerning our own lads. grin

And yes, I saw those reports on Werner agreeing to join Liverpool. But Daniels, why won't Liverpool pay the clause on Werner's head? You guys think he's not worth it?

And yes, Werner's first choice has always been Liverpool which is why him joining Chelsea will kinda make several Liverpool fans cringe. wink

And Osimhen to Liverpool links dey ooo... But not as strong in recent weeks and days as the Osimhen to Napoli or Osimhen to Spurs links.

Danielnino00:

Don't rejoice too soon yet... Just some hours back,there were reports that Werner has agreed a deal with Liverpool and a 140k per week salary...
Nothing is certain yet.
But I know for a fact that Werner himself has admitted that he will like to join Liverpool.

As for Osimhen to Liverpool,I assure you,this thread is the only place I've been seeing reports linking the two .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:02pm On Jun 04, 2020
This is what I propose for Africa
1. Nations League
2. CHAN (players based in Africa. Up to 3 players who can be based outside Africa but have to be making their debut for their nations at the tournament)
3. AFCON every 4 years. (Host countries will have enough time to plan to host at a world standard). We should go back to the time when defending champions had an automatic slot.
4. WAFU can be strictly home based players.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:03pm On Jun 04, 2020
na only Pep u know lol
TheGoodJoe:

God forbid bad thing.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:03pm On Jun 04, 2020
This coronavirus really did people something. Who would have thought De Bruyne will lose his tight discipline fitness routines.. Nacho, it is not only you but I am still disappointed. cheesy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:04pm On Jun 04, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

Rejoice? My brother nothing concern me oooo.... Just enjoying the drama. Na just my Naija Boys I dey concerned about as regards transfers and how other transfers fit shake the balance a little concerning our own lads. grin

And yes, I saw those reports on Werner agreeing to join Liverpool. But Daniels, why won't Liverpool pay the clause on Werner's head? You guys think he's not worth it?

And yes, Werner's first choice has always been Liverpool which is why him joining Chelsea will kinda make several Liverpool fans cringe. wink

And Osimhen to Liverpool links dey ooo... But not as strong in recent weeks and days as the Osimhen to Napoli or Osimhen to Spurs links.

Apparently,the coronavirus pandemic has affected a lot of clubs financially,maybe that's why Liverpool are reluctant to sign him now .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:05pm On Jun 04, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

God forbid bad thing.

Hahahahahahahahahaha...
Joebie dey fantasize Mourinho-Drogba Part 3. grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:05pm On Jun 04, 2020
Osimhen and Eze to Spurs. Yes!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:06pm On Jun 04, 2020
Yea na.
TheSuperNerd:

Hahahahahahahahahaha...

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:06pm On Jun 04, 2020
Damn KDB looks like he's his own dad. Lol

TheGoodJoe:
This coronavirus really did people something. Who would have thought De Bruyne will lose his tight discipline fitness routines.. Nacho, it is not only you but I am still disappointed. cheesy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:07pm On Jun 04, 2020
I personally think it would not be a bad idea actually. Just that the idea of a part 3 shows Oliver twist. grin

Joebie:
Yea na.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:07pm On Jun 04, 2020
Joebie:
1. Nations League
2. CHAN (players based in Africa. Up to 3 players who can be based outside Africa but have to be making their debut for their nations at the tournament)
3. AFCON every 4 years. (Host countries will have enough time to plan to host at a world standard). We should go back to the time when defending champions had an automatic slot.

1) I agree. But it should be for interested countries only..we don't want a situation where countries will pull out due to lack of funds.

2) the idea of having foreign based players should involve only foreign based players within Africa ..

3) I totally agree.. but the idea of automatic slot to the defending champions should be squashed.. every team at the tournament most prove that they are worthy of the slots..

4) I agree..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:10pm On Jun 04, 2020
I just knew Richarlison will not slack. The young man is too focused. See how trim and fit he looks.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 7:10pm On Jun 04, 2020
Joebie:
1. Nations League

I don't like the idea of two teams getting into a tournament automatically, I agree with the rest of the write up
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 7:13pm On Jun 04, 2020
Joebie:
Osimhen and Eze to Spurs. Yes!

I'm not doubting o
cheesy but does Osimhen know about this?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:13pm On Jun 04, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Damn KDB looks like he's his own dad. Lol

[img]https://media./images/17e91cf2991314dd78eecec4668476a0/tenor.gif[/img]
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:15pm On Jun 04, 2020
I think Liverpool were hoping to use the fact that Werner was keen on them to knock down the price. And according to Fabrizio Romano few mins ago,

"Timo Werner and his agents confirmed to Chelsea that they’re “ready” to consider and agree details for the contract offered until June 2025. If Liverpool will not hijack the move (and did nothing official yet with Leipzig and with Timo until now...), he’s going to accept"

Danielnino00:

Apparently,the coronavirus pandemic has affected a lot of clubs financially,maybe that's why Liverpool are reluctant to sign him now .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:16pm On Jun 04, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

Hahahahahahahahahaha...

I want tactical growth for Osimhen. Nothing less. Was not even happy with the Napoli move because I do not rate Gatusso highly. I want to see Osimhen as one of the best tactical forwards in the game. I doubt Mourinho can transfer this because his style seems outdated to me.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:25pm On Jun 04, 2020
I understand your concerns my good man. But he must not get it under Pep naa. wink #JustWhiningYou

And Gatusso may just be another in a long line of Italian managers who go on to become really good. Italy have always produced really brilliant and nice tactical coaches and Gattuso was showing good signs in his side's last few games before the Corona break.

As for Mourinho, the man is still okay. Perhaps it's because you view him as Anti-Pep or the direct Opposite of Pep. Lol... That's still okay.

Thing is when Mou gets a player suited to his style, we will see a Mega Monster born out of that player. That's just Mou for you.

TheGoodJoe:

I want tactical growth for Osimhen. Nothing less. Was not even happy with the Napoli move because I do not rate Gatusso highly. I want to see Osimhen as one of the best tactical forwards in the game. I doubt Mourinho can transfer this because his style seems outdated to me.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 7:28pm On Jun 04, 2020
TheGoodJoe:
I just knew Richarlison will not slack. The young man is too focused. See how trim and fit he looks.

Richarlison is going on to be one of the best players in the world

It's only a matter of time before Barca and Madrid are after him

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 7:43pm On Jun 04, 2020
Joebie:
better.. I like the idea of Mourinho-Osimhen pair
You prefer a Spurs Move? Wow!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 7:43pm On Jun 04, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

Talking about fit, look who's fit

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 7:44pm On Jun 04, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Those are my buddies naa. Richard Cypher is one of my top buds so those ladies be loyal. grin

FYM now....

Sword no dey work for stadium o.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 7:50pm On Jun 04, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

O boi. See KDB's tummy. Now im afraider for Sterling and Aguero. They'll be twice of this. HK try small.
grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 7:55pm On Jun 04, 2020
Google that of Enyimba
google that of Rangers
Lobi
And as you stated, Plateau. they have all recorded violence in recent times.

Even though the first time are not as rampant as that of the others while Pillars remain the alagidi of them all.

Goodwill can't be used here when points, followership, financial strength and even football clouts are yet to be considered.
BascoVanVeli:

I was personally speaking on the meetings between Akwa and Kano. That is why I said it should be done on good will. We have taken points 3 out of the last 4 years and each time they attacked us until we left the town.

But if u want to go there I will also challenge your claim that 4 teams on the list are also guilty of such. I believe Plateau had an incident but the rest have been clean. Or is it Lobi who have had to play in Enugu? Or Enyimba who even got attacked at their derby? Enugu and Rivers have not had issues either. So where did u get your 4 from?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jun 04, 2020
am really skeptical bout osihmen going to Tottenham..the dude should just go to Napoli ...Tottenham are not assuring him game time coz they have Kane and moreover if the should use two striker it will definitely affect eriksen who is their top midfielder but in Napoli he is definitely guarantee of a starting shirt coz milik will soon be sold and merten might also be leaving so he will have his chances
also Liverpool might not give him chances due to the creativity that firmino provides for Liverpool and let not forget origi is still in Liverpool ....Going to Liverpool is damn risk like F**k .
Napoli is the best for him let him just go

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8670) (8671) (8672) (8673) (8674) (8675) (8676) ... (16348) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: TheSuperNerd(m), ozoono(m), villagereporter(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.